HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123456AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 6
Pit bull owners are Insane
Posted by: no choice but to take action ()
Date: August 15, 2007 10:15AM

Who in their right mind can defend these worthless pit bull owners. Any one who owns a pit bull should expect to be treated as a mentally ill person. The dogs are extremely dangerous and the breed should be euthanized. Can you imagine what this poor lady from mason district must have gone through watching her tri colored papillon being eaten alive I have no problem giving a "little Treat" to any pit bull in my neighborhood. I have and will continue to do this for the safety of any child who happens to be subjected to living near a pit bull.

read the Fairfax County Animal Control Report for this week below:

ANIMAL CONTROL DIVISION

Pebble Brook Court 7900 (W. Springfield District)
Animal Control officers responded to the 7900 block of Pebble Brook Court on Saturday, August 4, around 8:15 p.m., for a report of a citizen being bitten by a pit bull. The victim had been walking her dog when an unrestrained pit bull ran up to her and bit her dog, puncturing its ear. The victim picked up her pet only to be bitten on the arm by the pit bull. The owner of the pit bull, Luther Ferguson, 32, of 3909 Old Dominion Boulevard, refused to surrender the dog or tell where the animal was located. He was charged with obstruction of justice.

Lafayette Park Drive 6900 (Mason District)
Animal Control officers charged a 20-year-old Annandale-area man after his dog reportedly attacked and killed another dog. Officers were called to a home in the 6900 block of Lafayette Park Drive around 7:20 a.m. on Saturday, August 4. An investigation determined that a 63-year-old Annandale-area woman was walking her tri-colored Papillon along the sidewalk on Lafayette Park Drive. A pit bull crawled under the fence of a nearby yard, attacked and killed the Papillon. The woman ran home and called police. Animal Control officers located the pit bull and its owner. The dog’s owner, John L. Clark, of 6904 Lafayette Park Drive, was charged with having a dangerous dog and failing to have a dog license. The pit bull was surrendered by Clark and euthanized.

Winterthur Lane 11900 (Reston District)
Police responded to a report of a possible burglary in the 11900 block of Winterthur Lane on Sunday, August 5 at 8:30 p.m. A police K-9 team was searching the exterior of the home and saw a pit bull inside the home. The pit bull broke through a sliding screen door and attacked the police K-9. His handler shot the pit bull. When Animal Control officers responded, the pit bull’s owner surrendered the dog which was euthanized. Kendra Medlock, 36, of 11903 Winterthur Lane was charged with no county dog license.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pit bull owners are Insane
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: August 15, 2007 10:20AM

I have and will continue to do this for the safety of any child who happens to be subjected to living near a pit bull.

So it was you that killed all the pit bulls in my neighborhood!!!

Posted by: Jerk'n'Burke ()
Date: August 15, 2007 10:59AM

It depends on the owner. If you have a male pit, and have it fixed (balls cut off) when it's a puppy, it's not going to be agressive. This is the responsible thing to do. If a pit is not fixed, it will be unpredictable. A dude I know has one that's fixed, and it's a nice dog. It will protect it's owner and owners family if they are threatened, but any other time it's cool. His old dog was another story. It was put down for biting someone. They used to let it out in their back yard, and the first thing it would do is jump up onto a huge tree branch, latch on with it's teeth and just hang there till someone told it to get down. I was scared of that dog, it used to look at me like it wanted to tear my head off.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 15, 2007 11:42AM

I have to agree, the owner makes a big difference. 90% of dog onwers send mixed signals to their dogs.

A friend has a pitbull he inherited after the owner failed to return. A year later the owner returned to the area and wanted the dog back. My friend told her forget it!

I've been to his place on the weekends and after partying and drinking beers I crash there on the couch. Often times the pitbull will crash on the floor by the couch. That's doesn't bother me a bit.

The dog is one of best trained and behaved that I have even seen. That's saying a lot consider most times I've seen the dog it has been when about 20 people were playing loud music, riding ATV's, drinking beers and shenanigans.

Posted by: Den ()
Date: August 15, 2007 11:53AM

I hope that pitbull bites your fn hand off when you give your treat. Your a fucking retard

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 12:04PM

Can anyone tell me if there are rules regarding restrictions or rules you need to abide by when allowing a dog to ride in your car?

Posted by: .......... ()
Date: August 15, 2007 12:05PM

Den Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope that pitbull bites your fn hand off when
> you give your treat. Your a fucking retard

he's gonna shoot it you dumbass!!! not feed it..............

dee-da-dee

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 12:06PM

The Weephukumyung Chinese Restaurant in Vienna will take all unwanted pitpulls.

Posted by: Mike Vick ()
Date: August 15, 2007 01:24PM

Hey man, my pits are real sweethearts! Don't trust the man.

Mike Vick

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: August 15, 2007 02:54PM

Fuck that, The OP is making a blakent statement. All dogs CAN be dangerous, well except the punt-able ones..not only Pitt bulls... what about doberman Pinscer (aka 4 legged razor blades) those dogs were once bred to kill people.

It is the owner and trainers that make the differance.. I have grown up with dogs as pets and two of them were Pitts. I enter my current pitt in NPBA pulling contests. He is the most docile dog I have ever had, even better mannered than my old golden retreiver. I had both pitts when they were pups, everyone handled them all the time, and they got used to people, so much so it I swear he thought he was a human.
The only time my first Pitt ever showed his teeth is when I was younger and some kids bullied me to the ground.

If the dog is raised around violence,confusing commands, and basically bad people, it will become a product of its enviroment.. Just like bad kids have a greater chance of becoming bad adults. Even if Pitts are more dangerous, are the incidents referenced by the OP, the dogs fault, or the owners fault. Would you keep a loaded and cocked gun just laying around, NO. Then you should take better care to protect the dog. I always keep my pit in a large cage when Im not home. Resonsible dog ownership is just like responsible gun ownership.

And Dont feed your dogs gun powder and you'll be ok..lol

Oh and to the OP, Since you have no problem killing dogs. If a bunch of dogs are found poisoned/shot in Fairfax County, Im calling the police and refrencing your post... the net is not as annoymous as you think...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2007 02:55PM by Take a Stand.

Posted by: stupid idiots ()
Date: August 15, 2007 03:01PM

man did you labs and golden retrievers have a higher temperment than pits...dont blame the breed blame the owner...idiot

Posted by: and this ()
Date: August 15, 2007 03:16PM

I would ask some of the bite victims of pit bulls what they think but we cant go around digging up dead people.

A worthless vicious breed. Ghetto and trailer trash mascots. Why do you think the animal shelters are so full of them, the owners just dump them when they no longer suit their purpose or dont fight.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: August 15, 2007 03:49PM

I guess women and kids are vulnerable...but there's no such thing as a super dog. If you hit 'em hard enough, and enough times, they'll let go.

Me and my Shih-Tzu got jumped by a Rottweiler while on a walk and I had to go to the mat for my little buddy. That big sumbitch had him by the neck and was starting to shake him. I managed to get my fingers in his mouth and pried it open...then I started punching him as hard as I could in the face and ribs (fracturing some bones in my wrist). Got a hold of a back leg and spun a few times and flung him about 30 feet. He'd had enough by then and took off.

Me and my dog both needed medical attention...but we lived to walk another day.

Now, what's really scary is a pack of dogs coming after you...I couldn't have handled more than one of them, I don't think.

Date: August 15, 2007 04:27PM

Yup, doberman pinscers are some powerful dogs.

When I was younger we use to play kickball on my street and once the ball rolled into a yard with a doberman in the house. The doberman broke through the kitchen glass window to chase the kid retrieving the ball.

Needless to say parents on the street went nuts about the dog.

Date: August 15, 2007 04:56PM

Well, the kid WAS in the dog's yard! What did the nutty parents think he'd do...

Running is the worst thing you can do....dogs can detect weakness a mile away. You stand your ground, look them in the eye and try to appear as big as you can...they might still attack, but a lot will size up the risk and back down.

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 06:33PM

This original poster is a FUCKING MORON. I lived in a house where my roommate owned FIVE PITBULLS, so I know a little bit about them. The only person ever to blame for any type of dog attack is the owner. And the third poster is totally wrong about neutering, or "fixing" as he calls it. That has nothing to do with an animals behavior. Pit bulls are extremely loyal, loving animals. In order to keep them loving, they must learn from the moment they are born what is right and what is wrong. Direct commands. Rewards for good behavior EVERY TIME. Punishment for bad behavior EVERY TIME. All dogs require this. Pit bulls also have a lot of energy. If the owner keeps them cooped up and doesn't walk them regularly, they will need to blow off steam unproductively. The five pit bulls I mentioned never attacked anyone viciously. They only got excited, like many dogs. A couple of them didn't like each other and fought one another, though. This is because my roommate was at work a lot, and since there were 5, they didn't get the attention and exercise they required. My roommate didn't train them well enough. One of them however was very docile and never even got excited. So original poster--Shut the fuck up and don't talk about something you've never experienced. You have no clue what you're talking about. Pit bulls RULE.

Date: August 15, 2007 08:37PM

The bite of a pit bull can snap any bone in the human body including the femur. Unless the dog wanted to break a bite no human alive can pry open that dogs mouth.

Dogs are pack animals, if the five loveable dogs you speak of were to attack a person or another dog there would be nothing left to bury. Most get the dogs just to impress fellow ghetto dwellers and to be king of the trailer park or Centreville as the case may be.

Even a gunshot will not stop the dog unless it is a head shot, a very difficult shot on a moving angry target, and a body shot only makes the dog more angry.
Sorry bro I still have no use for that breed of dog. I know what I see in the papers everyday.

Date: August 15, 2007 09:41PM

and this Wrote:
> The bite of a pit bull can snap any bone in the
> human body including the femur. Unless the dog
> wanted to break a bite no human alive can pry open
> that dogs mouth.
>

Prove it

Posted by: Mike Vicks Cock ()
Date: August 15, 2007 09:43PM

Hey, whats black and brown and looks good on Mike Vick?

Date: August 15, 2007 11:23PM

In one study sponsored by the US Governement Centers For Disease Control it was reported that 32% of all dog related killings of human beings in the United States are caused by Pit Bulls attacks, yet Pit Bulls constitute only 2% of all dogs. 70% of those mauling deaths were of children.

According to this large federal government study conducted over a 20 year period the Centers for Disease Control concluded that Attacks by pit bulls accounted for one third of the fatal dog attacks in the United States. This study also cited the disproportionate threat these dogs pose to children. Children, according to the study, are the most vulnerable victims in dog attacks, with those under the age of 14 accounting for 42 percent of all dog bite injuries. Most of the mauled victims are between the ages of five and nine.

My personal response is that if I see one of these dogs not under control and making threatning movements to me or my family I will shoot it.

Posted by: HA ()
Date: August 16, 2007 04:04AM

"The pit bull broke through a sliding screen door and attacked the police K-9. His handler shot the pit bull."

HA HA HA HA that dog got what was coming to it!

Date: August 16, 2007 01:27PM

Here is a tasty treat, 3 oz ground beef, 10 - 15 clock springs, roll into ball and serve.

Date: August 16, 2007 02:18PM

and this Wrote:
> My personal response is that if I see one of these
> dogs not under control and making threatning
> movements to me or my family I will shoot it.

It is interesting that you exhibit the same behavior you are strongly against.

I would also suggest not doing that in Washington State where there is Police pit bull. I think that is considered murder.

Working pit bulls in the news

Bandog Dread was an American Pit Bull who won multiple titles in conformation, competition obedience, Schutzhund, weightpull and herding, making him the most titled dog of any breed ever.

Dakota is a rescue pit bull who searched for the remains of the astronauts who lost their lives in explosion of the space shuttle Columbia.

Neville is a pit bull originally from Ontario. When the provincial pit bull ban went into effect he was rescued to Washington state, where he is now a police dog.

Popsicle, named after police found him in a freezer during a drug raid, is now famous for sniffing out drugs for the DEA.

Posted by: Travis ()
Date: August 16, 2007 03:44PM

I bought my pitbull from a dog pound. I have had it for 7 years and it has never attacked anyone, even the 6 year olds next door who repeatedly throw rocks at it.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: August 16, 2007 04:21PM

You know, the OP probably thinks that the extermination of entire groups/races of people is OK too!

NAZI!

Posted by: Dumb Asians ()
Date: August 16, 2007 04:57PM

I have a six month old full breed husky. There is a small common grass area between the building in our apartments where I let my dog run around there without a leash. This asian lady that didnt speak any English was walking through it this morning and my dog that would never harm anyone ran up to her and the dumb asian cunt started running away. My dog thought she was playing with her so it started chasing her. It was the funning shit in the world. Dumb Asian cunts, better running then behind a steering wheel.

Date: August 16, 2007 05:06PM

"It is interesting that you exhibit the same behavior you are strongly against.
I would also suggest not doing that in Washington State where there is Police pit bull. I think that is considered murder. "

I was not aware that somewhere along the way we gave up the right to self defense. I have no plans to move to Washington State and find it curious that the state would allow dogs to attack humans at will without penalty.
I remain convinced pit bulls are the dog of choice for trailer trash and ghetto thugs. You are known by the company you keep. Keep it on a leash or in your yard and you wont have a problem from me. If the fact that they account for 42% of attacks yet only make up 2% of all dogs, then there is nothing I can say to convince you othewise.

Date: August 16, 2007 06:20PM

I'm not disputing that a lot of low income homes or broken families may own pit bulls. I agree with that. That is probably why "pit bulls" seems to get a bad wrap. Any animal raised in a broken family is going to have problems. You say it's "the breed." I say it's "the owner."

As for my friend who owns a pit bull that I referenced earlier, he a has a nice house on 10 acres and graduated from MIT with a Master in EE. He also has every toy a guy could want, that's why we hand out as his place on the weekends and drink beers. So, there's one pit bull owner that I can attest is not "ghetto" or "trailer trash." However, he'll get a good laugh out of your blank statement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2007 06:51PM by Lurker..

Date: August 16, 2007 07:21PM

Anybody remember Petey in the old "Our Gang" comedy shorts? He was a great pit bull!

http://www.answers.com/topic/fly-my-kite-our-gang-jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2007 07:22PM by duh.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: August 17, 2007 03:47PM

I think Petey was put to sleep after he ripped Stymie a new one.

Date: August 17, 2007 03:53PM

cw Wrote:
> I think Petey was put to sleep after he ripped
> Stymie a new one.

Nahhh, this was the '20s & 30's and Stymie was black.

Now, if he had went after Spanky....maybe

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 18, 2007 02:03PM

"The pit bull broke through a sliding screen door and attacked the police K-9. His handler shot the pit bull."

lol. that's hardcore.

----

the only problem i have with pit bulls is not that they can or will attack people but rather that when they do attack, they do not ever let go. you cant pry them off you because they lock their jaw in place and it's plain impossible to get them off unless you are strong enough to flat out break their jaw. other dogs will just bite your multiple times giving you a chance to possibly get to safety. there are certain breeds of dogs that i dont think should be used as pets because of the possible risk they pose much like automatic weapons versus semi-automatic weapons (guns). im glad that society at least has the common sense to kill the dogs when they bite people.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: conversation over ()
Date: August 18, 2007 02:35PM

Travis Wrote:
> I bought my pitbull from a dog pound. I have had
> it for 7 years and it has never attacked anyone,
> even the 6 year olds next door who repeatedly
> throw rocks at it.

owned

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: August 18, 2007 04:23PM

Yeah and the chinese guy went through life until he was in his twenties, then he killed 31 people in a mad rage. Conversation really over.

Date: August 18, 2007 07:26PM

hmm Wrote:
> Yeah and the chinese guy went through life until
> he was in his twenties, then he killed 31 people
> in a mad rage. Conversation really over.

Um. What?

Date: August 18, 2007 08:39PM

It means what someone or something is capable of and not just based on past performance.

Date: August 18, 2007 09:57PM

hmm Wrote:
> It means what someone or something is capable of
> and not just based on past performance.

Um. What?

Date: August 19, 2007 12:15PM

Never mind just go get your supplies of unsharp scissors and paste for the start of your sped classes next month. The short bus awaits you.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: August 19, 2007 04:41PM

Gravis Wrote:
> the only problem i have with pit bulls is not that
> they can or will attack people but rather that
> when they do attack, they do not ever let go.
> you cant pry them off you because they lock their
> jaw in place and it's plain impossible to get them
> off unless you are strong enough to flat out break
> their jaw. other dogs will just bite your
> multiple times giving you a chance to possibly get
> to safety.

Pit bulls do not have special jaws. That's a myth people believe.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 19, 2007 07:00PM

pyramids17. hes talking about Cho-shung whee! or whoever, the korean Va tech shooter.

While you are on your way to special education classes, please do not fall out the back of the short bus.

Date: August 20, 2007 12:10AM

Well if he had said Korean that would have been perfectly acceptable. But speaking of special ed, that was a retarded comparison...to dogs...

Posted by: mike p. ()
Date: August 20, 2007 03:00AM

I understand why people hate these dogs, their irresponsible owners let them run around terrorizing the neighborhood. We had the problem in my development for years until I "accidentally" ran over the dam dog with my work truck.I had to back over him twice before he died and left him there for his asshole owner to discover on the way to work.Great day for the neighborhood, bad day for him. LOL

Posted by: Kid ()
Date: August 20, 2007 01:11PM

does anyone here have a boxer? how are they? i am so close to adopting one.

Date: August 20, 2007 01:28PM

Kid Wrote:
> does anyone here have a boxer? how are they? i am
> so close to adopting one.

I don't know about all boxers, but I wouldn't adopt Mike Tyson, he's been known to bite ears off.
Attachments:
Tysonholybite.jpg

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: August 21, 2007 12:46AM

I believe most of the respondents to this post are rather ignorant. Although I am NOT a pit bull owner, I am a dog owner. It doesn't matter the breed of a dog: aggressiveness has a direct correlation with what the dog owner wishes the dog's behavior to be. A dog can/will be aggressive if he/she is not raised to do otherwise. A chihuahua can be as aggressive as a pit bull; unfortunately a pit bull is larger and stronger. Even a canine of this stature can be controlled. Remember, a dog learns its demeanor.

Posted by: Heather ()
Date: August 21, 2007 01:31PM

stupid idiots Wrote:
> man did you labs and golden retrievers have a
> higher temperment than pits...dont blame the breed
> blame the owner...idiot

Labs, yes. Golden Retrievers, no.

Either way, I agree that pit owners are the problem, not the dogs. We have one in my neighborhood. He is a beautiful dog who, unfortunately, is stuck with crappy owners. Nobody in the home has any control over him and he is not neutered. The dog is never exercised and when they put him outside, he jumps the fence and takes off around the neighborhood looking for other dogs to play with - usually mine. The poor dog is going to be killed because the owners are fucking jerkoffs with no sense of responsibility. It makes me sick.

Date: August 22, 2007 12:22AM

"Travis:I bought my pitbull from a dog pound. I have had it for 7 years and it has never attacked anyone, even the 6 year olds next door who repeatedly throw rocks at it."

http://wtopnews.com/?nid=104&sid=1227608

Posted by: priapus ()
Date: August 22, 2007 06:41AM

anyway,who wants to watch,much less bet on,2 cocker spaniels fighting?

Posted by: the real reason for owning a pitt ()
Date: August 27, 2007 09:50AM

Pitt bulls protect drug dealers. Think about it, who do you see with these dogs.
OK that's a blanket statement sorry. 97% of Pitt bulls are used for protection by drug dealing families.

Posted by: smartass ()
Date: August 27, 2007 10:09AM

I've been around dogs all my life, i have 3, I've owned pitbulls, boxers and now i have a golden retriever, as long as your not a comlete retard dogs dont attack you.i actually liked my pittbull alot, the thing is if he growls he doesnt like whatever your doing to him, so when a dog growls stop touching him, like i said if your not a complete retard you dont get bitten

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: August 27, 2007 10:17AM

Well that big dog in the movie The Sandlot looked mean too. He even broke down the fence getting out to chase those boys. But really all he wanted was his ball back. he was really a sweet dog not a killer. His name was Hercules. I loved that movie.

Trickie

Date: August 27, 2007 06:01PM

the real reason for owning a pitt Wrote:
> 97% of Pitt
> bulls are used for protection by drug dealing
> families.

Pray tell, anonymous poster: What are the other 3% used for?

TRICKIE Wrote:
> Well that big dog in the movie The Sandlot looked
> mean too. He even broke down the fence getting
> out to chase those boys. But really all he wanted
> was his ball back. he was really a sweet dog not
> a killer. His name was Hercules. I loved that
> movie.

That was certainly a classic. I've seen it far too many times.

Date: August 27, 2007 06:12PM

On the topic of the Sandlot and kids getting together for a "pickup" game of baseball, kick the can, or kickball?

Do kids still do stuff like that in FFX county or is all video games these days?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 27, 2007 09:09PM

Pitt bulls protect drug dealers. Think about it, who do you see with these dogs.

Seriously dude, I've known dozens of drug dealers throughout my life, and not one owned a pitt bull.

Posted by: Tomahawk ()
Date: August 28, 2007 01:07AM

Jerk'n'Burke Wrote:
>His old
> dog was another story. It was put down for biting
> someone. They used to let it out in their back
> yard, and the first thing it would do is jump up
> onto a huge tree branch, latch on with it's teeth
> and just hang there till someone told it to get
> down.

Jesus Christ, dude!

I'm not a big fan of pitbulls, but I see no need for exterminating them. My buddy had a female pit that was very high-strung and protective of the home and family, but she was also very obedient and fun to play with. I wouldn't recommend them if you have little kids around, but on the other hand, if the dog feels protective of the child, you wouldn't want to be the dirtbag who tries to harm that kid.

All ths bullshit talk about ghetto thugs and trailer parks and drug dealers makes no difference. If you want to exterminate something, exterminate the drug-dealers and animal abusers who teach these dogs to be vicious and mistreat them.

Exterminating dogs is as pointless as trying to confiscate guns. The criminals who use them will remain and find some other way to cause trouble.

Like, for instance, breeding rottweilers or german shepards instead.

As for punt-able dogs, well, that's the way I roll.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 28, 2007 01:07PM

here ya go:
Attachments:
Bridge copy.jpg

Posted by: pyramids17 is queer ()
Date: August 28, 2007 01:14PM

, the 3% are the the ones Mike Vick killed you asshole!

Date: August 28, 2007 01:48PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Pitt bulls protect drug dealers. Think about it,
> who do you see with these dogs.
>
> Seriously dude, I've known dozens of drug dealers
> throughout my life, and not one owned a pitt bull.

Gonna have to go with The Meeper on this.

I've known of some drug dealers also and none of them owned Pit bulls. Of course most of the one's I knew about were pot type, not cocaine, crack, meth or heroine. I did know one (supposedly)crackhead who owned one for a short while.

Are you sure you're not making these assumptions from TV shows.

Date: August 28, 2007 05:21PM

Are you sure you're not making these assumptions from TV shows.

He's arrived at a sweeping conclusion by examining a limited number of specific cases. In other words, too much time in front of the TV or listening to third-hand stories from moron friends.

Date: August 28, 2007 09:44PM

im just not comfortable with a type of dog that is notorious for latching onto people and not letting go or just strait up mauling and even killing them. yes, just about any breed of dog could maul you but it seems to be more prevalent in pit bulls. really i just dont want any animal around that could tear me apart, even one i own. you do NOT have 100% control over your pet no matter what you say and therefore you should consider what kind of damage that pet could do to you or someone else if it were to go berserk or something. this is one of the reasons im against people having animals like boa constrictors.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: August 30, 2007 11:23AM

Gravis Wrote:
> im just not comfortable with a type of dog that is
> notorious for latching onto people and not letting
> go or just strait up mauling and even killing
> them. yes, just about any breed of dog could maul
> you but it seems to be more prevalent in pit
> bulls. really i just dont want any animal around
> that could tear me apart, even one i own. you do
> NOT have 100% control over your pet no matter what
> you say and therefore you should consider what
> kind of damage that pet could do to you or someone
> else if it were to go berserk or something. this
> is one of the reasons im against people having
> animals like boa constrictors.

Labs are just as likely to attack as any pit bull, if they are raised the same way. Mastiffs are just as likely to attack as any pit bull, if they are raised the same way. Any dog is just as likely to attack as any pit bull. The difference is that many pit bulls are not raised properly, or are specifically raised to attack.

Too many people who shouldn't own pit bulls. Too many people who shouldn't own dogs.

It's true with any dog that whomever owns it must be completely capable of controlling it. People don't think to completely train their animals, exercise them properly and care for them properly. The dog, regardless of size or strength, must know that it's owner is the alpha. People get cute little puppies and as soon as they are no longer cute, out in the backyard they go - chained up and ignored. Fucking don't get a goddamned dog if you're not willing to put in the effort to raise it properly.

And, by the way, the same goes for kids. I'm sick to goddamned death of people having kids and refusing to raise them properly. Too bad we can't euthanize them!

Date: August 31, 2007 01:07AM

Heather Wrote:
> Labs are just as likely to attack as any pit bull,
> if they are raised the same way. Mastiffs are
> just as likely to attack as any pit bull, if they
> are raised the same way. Any dog is just as
> likely to attack as any pit bull.
>
> [...]
>
> It's true with any dog that whomever owns it must
> be completely capable of controlling it.

wow heather, you completely missed my points. congratulations, you're retarded.

Date: September 04, 2007 04:27PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Heather Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Labs are just as likely to attack as any pit
> bull,
> > if they are raised the same way. Mastiffs are
> > just as likely to attack as any pit bull, if
> they
> > are raised the same way. Any dog is just as
> > likely to attack as any pit bull.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > It's true with any dog that whomever owns it
> must
> > be completely capable of controlling it.
>
>
> wow heather, you completely missed my points.
> congratulations, you're retarded.

Nice try, but...no, I didn't miss your points at all.

You wrote: im just not comfortable with a type of dog that is
> notorious for latching onto people and not letting
> go or just strait up mauling and even killing
> them.

And, I pointed out that it doesn't matter the breed of dog.

Grow up.

Posted by: Bridget ()
Date: September 14, 2007 04:59PM

HEY FUCK YOU. I happen to own a loving pitbull and he is the best fucking dog ive ever owned. You deserve to be shot for saying FUCKED up shit like that

anyone who promotes animal abuse or killing of animals should be shot

Posted by: Viss ()
Date: September 14, 2007 10:00PM

One thing I'm curious to hear from pit bull owners: What characteristic of the breed made you decide on a pit bull over another breed (or a mutt from a shelter)?

Personally, my priorities in a dog are:
1. Intelligence
2. Non-hyper demeanor
3. Friendly with other dogs

And I personally have no need for a purebred, since I'm not planning to breed and sell AKC-certified dogs (and therefore might as well save the life of a dog who's stuck in a shelter).

What priorities did the pit bull owners among us have in mind when they got their dogs?

Posted by: no choice ()
Date: September 15, 2007 10:43PM

Viss wrote "One thing I'm curious to hear from pit bull owners: What characteristic of the breed made you decide on a pit bull over another breed (or a mutt from a shelter)?

Personally, my priorities in a dog are:
1. Intelligence
2. Non-hyper demeanor
3. Friendly with other dogs

And I personally have no need for a purebred, since I'm not planning to breed and sell AKC-certified dogs (and therefore might as well save the life of a dog who's stuck in a shelter).

What priorities did the pit bull owners among us have in mind when they got their dogs?

Pit Bulls are for bitting whitey.

Date: September 22, 2007 12:44PM

Bridget Wrote:
> anyone who promotes animal abuse or killing of
> animals should be shot

i dont promote abuse but i promote killing animals... they are far too tasty not to kill.

i <3 cows

Posted by: warbucks ()
Date: September 23, 2007 05:06PM

ALL YOU PITBULL HATERS ARE A BUNCH OF PUSSIES, STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. STOP BEING GAY AND SCARED OF THESE BEAUTIFUL DOGS, GROW SOME BALLS.

Posted by: J ()
Date: November 13, 2007 12:34AM

The dog in Sandlot was not a pitbull. He was a mastiff. That is part of the way they get a bad rap. People think dogs that are not pitbulls are. The media falsely reports all the time. The dog on little rascals was a "pitbull" (which is really not a bread of dog according to the AKC, A pure "pit" is a American Stafordshire Terrier") Helen Keller had a pit for a seeing eye dog. They are no more vicious than any other high energy breed in the wrong hands.

Posted by: J ()
Date: November 13, 2007 12:37AM

Actually my "pit" came from a rescue group that specializes in rescuing them. He is a great dog. Loyal, loving, dog, kid and cat friendly. Super smart. Got him at 10 months and in a month he learned sit, stay, down, heel and bow. He has never shown any signs of agression. I've owned several breeds and they are one of the best. However like any high energy dog they need a good owner. He gets two 45 min walks/runs a day.

Date: December 27, 2007 09:49AM

Here is another one for you jack asses who like Pit Bulls.
This happens daily in this country. That's why I give them "treats"
One neighbor stated she herd the dogs "ripping the flesh of the poor lady"
Time to eradicate this breed.....you with me?

SoCal Woman Mauled to Death by Pit Bulls

Advertisement

Buy AP Photo Reprints

BARSTOW, Calif. (AP) -- A pack of pit bulls surrounded a woman and mauled her to death, authorities said Wednesday.

Police found Kelly Caldwell, 45, lying in the street around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, and took her to a hospital, where she later died, the San Bernardino County sheriff's department said.

After the mauling, the dogs ran to a nearby house. Deputies shot one dog to death when it returned to the scene and acted aggressively as paramedics were trying to save Caldwell's life, authorities said.

A second dog was shot to death Wednesday morning when it, too, returned. Deputies said it became aggressive as an animal control officer tried to capture it.

Authorities said at least one dog belonged to a neighbor.

Investigators collected DNA samples from the dogs. An autopsy will be performed on Caldwell and necropsies on the dogs to determine which one attacked Caldwell, sheriff's Sgt. Richard Ells said.

Detectives also are looking into whether the dogs' owners knew whether the animals had any history of violence. If the dogs were dangerous and the owners knew it, they could face criminal charges, Ells said.

Posted by: WHo F'in Cares? ()
Date: December 27, 2007 11:33AM

Damn that sucks for her......Oh well...what time do the Redskins play?

Posted by: Real Man ()
Date: December 27, 2007 11:42AM

warbucks Wrote:
> ALL YOU PITBULL HATERS ARE A BUNCH OF PUSSIES,
> STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. STOP
> BEING GAY AND SCARED OF THESE BEAUTIFUL DOGS, GROW
> SOME BALLS.

Really though, you are the pussy. Having that dog makes you feel tough, more like a man. You wouldn't feel like a man without the dog. I've seen your kind down at Anacostia Park. You are all pussies without your big bad dog.

Posted by: still703 ()
Date: December 27, 2007 12:34PM

You hang out at Anacostia Park?

ROFLcopter

Posted by: Real Man ()
Date: December 27, 2007 12:48PM

still703 Wrote:
> You hang out at Anacostia Park?
>
> ROFLcopter

I go shopping there.

Date: December 27, 2007 12:54PM

still703 Wrote:
> You hang out at Anacostia Park?

FWIW, Anacostia Park is not a dangerous place. It's run by the national park service, we used to play softball there. I wouldn't go exploring the surrounding neighborhoods, but the park itself is as safe as any other. Also, I've never seen anyone with pit bulls there.

Date: December 27, 2007 07:07PM

no choice but to take action Wrote:
> Time to eradicate this breed.....you with me?

too costly. i have a better solution, if the dog seriously mauls, kills or partakes in killing someone, we feed the dog owner to their dog. inject the dog with something to make it hungry and something to make it psychotic, and chuck it into a closed room with the dog owner. the next day, throw the breeder into the room, and every day after that, a PETA member. this would be highly cost effective and solve multiple social problems at the same time.

Posted by: The Teacher ()
Date: January 06, 2008 01:33AM

All you boys and girls need to grow up. Ignorance is running amok here. Call any veterinarian out of the phone book and ask what breed is most likely to bite a human - you'll be very surprised. If you people are going to bash breeds of dogs, please call them by their correct names.

Posted by: k ()
Date: January 06, 2008 10:44AM

The Teacher Wrote:
> All you boys and girls need to grow up. Ignorance
> is running amok here. Call any veterinarian out
> of the phone book and ask what breed is most
> likely to bite a human - you'll be very surprised.
> If you people are going to bash breeds of dogs,
> please call them by their correct names.

And them ask that same veterinarian which breed would be most likely to maul or physically maim a human being and I think you won't be very surprised.

Posted by: AJ ()
Date: January 06, 2008 12:38PM

There is a difference between being bitten by a dog and being killed by one. Terrier types can bite but I doubt you will see too many actually killing an adult human.
Pit Bulls tear the people to pieces and they bite to hold and to kill. Not too many people can fend off an attack by a pit bull.
The owners are usually the type that love the attention a vicious dog will bring from strangers.

Posted by: Furryfux ()
Date: January 06, 2008 07:46PM

My neighbor's 14 year old Kid wants to get a Pit Bull. Are there any restrictions in Fairfax about them? What about insuance issues?

Date: January 06, 2008 09:36PM

The Teacher Wrote:
> All you boys and girls need to grow up. Ignorance
> is running amok here. Call any veterinarian out
> of the phone book and ask what breed is most
> likely to bite a human - you'll be very surprised.
> If you people are going to bash breeds of dogs,
> please call them by their correct names.

we talked about this before on here. you cant ask vet anything you want but stats are far more informative.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/48145/48161.html#msg-48357

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: January 07, 2008 07:33AM

Furryfux Wrote:
> My neighbor's 14 year old Kid wants to get a Pit
> Bull. Are there any restrictions in Fairfax about
> them? What about insuance issues?

Expect your insurance to go up by a good 20%. Its worse than having a trampoline and a pool in the back yard.

Insurers DO NOT like aggressive breeds and will make you pay for it!

Posted by: tpgun10 ()
Date: May 28, 2008 02:27AM

Yeah...
Attachments:
01AwcAX0CEjsYAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA_.jpg

Posted by: quantum ()
Date: May 28, 2008 09:46AM

Temple Grandin, perhaps the foremost animal behaviorist in the country (with an impressive history of overcoming autism), makes no bones about it - pit bulls are more dangerous and aggressive - and it is folly to think any other way. This doesn't mean that there cannot be fine representatives of the breed - there can be - but they typically require a lot more work and training than with most other breeds - and quite frankly, very few owners are up to the task. I consider myself a very good and responsible dog owner (OK, I have a harmless Cavalier King Charles, but have had "real" dogs in the past), and there is no way I could have the time, energy or skill to raise a pit bull properly. So unfair as it is, the breed may indeed continue to suffer bans and marginalization because the vast majority of owners simply cannot raise or treat them properly.

Posted by: tori ()
Date: July 27, 2010 11:50PM

Actually, that's a myth. No dog can "lock" their jaw. Just a heads up.

Posted by: FFX11 ()
Date: July 28, 2010 12:12PM

A friend of mine owns a pitbull. When the dog was a puppy she was outside with my friend (not on leash - their fault, I know). A middle eastern man walking saw the dog and started to scream for no reason. The PUPPY ran over to him to see what all the screaming was about and he proceeded to kick the puppy in the ribs multiple times for no reason, injury the dog. The dog did not retaliate. The police were called and the puppy was put on Fairfax County's Dangerous Dog list for no reason. Even the cop said he loved pitbulls and had some of his own, but that the county just doesn't like them and there wasn't much he could do.

I agree that it depends on how you raise a dog, especially a pitbull or other "dangerous dog breed", but the way people act around these dogs is stupid. If you're approached by a pack of lose dogs or something, yeah, you're screwed.. but there's no reason to react in the way that man did when the owner is outside with the dog and when the dog is not acting aggressive towards you (I still agree that if the dog was on a leash like it should be the whole thing could've been avoided).

I wouldn't get a pittbull because I don't have the time to train one properly, or to give them the required exercise/attention they need. This doesn't mean that no one has the time to do that ... it's just unfortunate that people don't take that into consideration before picking out which breed of dog they want.

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: July 28, 2010 04:27PM

and this Wrote:
> The bite of a pit bull can snap any bone in the
> human body including the femur. Unless the dog
> wanted to break a bite no human alive can pry open
> that dogs mouth.
>
> Dogs are pack animals, if the five loveable dogs
> you speak of were to attack a person or another
> dog there would be nothing left to bury. Most get
> the dogs just to impress fellow ghetto dwellers
> and to be king of the trailer park or Centreville
> as the case may be.
>
> Even a gunshot will not stop the dog unless it is
> a head shot, a very difficult shot on a moving
> angry target, and a body shot only makes the dog
> more angry.
> Sorry bro I still have no use for that breed of
> dog. I know what I see in the papers everyday.

True story. They also breath fire, can run at speeds of up to 75 mph, and can shit through a knothole at 40 paces.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 28, 2010 07:59PM

quantum Wrote:
> Temple Grandin, perhaps the foremost animal
> behaviorist in the country (with an impressive
> history of overcoming autism), makes no bones
> about it - pit bulls are more dangerous and
> aggressive - and it is folly to think any other
> way. This doesn't mean that there cannot be fine
> representatives of the breed - there can be - but
> they typically require a lot more work and
> training than with most other breeds - and quite
> frankly, very few owners are up to the task. I
> consider myself a very good and responsible dog
> owner (OK, I have a harmless Cavalier King
> Charles, but have had "real" dogs in the past),
> and there is no way I could have the time, energy
> or skill to raise a pit bull properly. So unfair
> as it is, the breed may indeed continue to suffer
> bans and marginalization because the vast majority
> of owners simply cannot raise or treat them
> properly.

A Pit Bull is just a terrier, and all terriers are exactly as you describe.

As a matter of fact, my Husky/Akita is the first dog I've personally owned which isn't a Terrier, and she is so easy to control in comparison (Basically, she listens to everything I say without question). When dealing with a Terrier on the other hand, especially the extremely intelligent/hard-headed ones like Jack Russells, you have to present justifiable reason in wanting them to obey a command. They won't listen to you, unless they see the point in doing so. They are extremely independent thinkers, and that emanates from their background, which requires them to operate ahead of and away from packs and human commands, all by their lonesome.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: ed groce ()
Date: December 16, 2010 09:38PM

how do you figure that any one that owns a pitbull is insane like anY DOG IF BROUGHT UP RIGHT IS HARMLESS AS ANY DOG INFACT YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT A DOG NOT TO TURN YOUR BACK ON IS A WEINER DOG WHICH IS TWICE AS LIKELY TO TURN ON ANY ONE EVEN IT OWNER ALL MY PITS WOULD LICK YOU TO DEATH BEFORE HARMING YOU SO QUIT GIVING THE DOGS A BAD NAME ITS THE OWNERS THAT SWHOULD HAVE THE BAD NAME

Posted by: hoocoodanode ()
Date: December 17, 2010 08:46PM

Ed, did you get angry in the middle of typing your post?

Posted by: Mr. Misery ()
Date: December 17, 2010 08:54PM

hoocoodanode Wrote:
> Ed, did you get angry in the middle of typing your
> post?

dude hulked out in mid-word.

Posted by: original poster ()
Date: December 18, 2010 08:51AM

pitt bulls why would you want one?
Attachments:
pit.jpg
QCNCA06YBX1CA1VPK6UCA07LUQCCAQMGKXHCA49NA2MCAOBTSN1CAYJ8Y3HCAHRIELPCAN7GY1ZCAQ60J1KCAADS74JCAKWID3FCAKCSTDRCAY9NKFNCAVZL6OLCA8YXHMQCA61IISTCACFXK4PCAJZ81QM.jpg

Posted by: OP is a moron. ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:06AM

My pit bull is sleeping next to my cat right now. You are an ignorant fool. It makes me sick that people like you can influence legislation.

Posted by: not all terriers! ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:14AM

I have a Boston terrier. Also known as the gentleman of dogs. Pit bulls are for losers.

Posted by: Original Poster ()
Date: December 18, 2010 09:43AM

OP is a moron. Wrote:
> My pit bull is sleeping next to my cat right now.
> You are an ignorant fool. It makes me sick that
> people like you can influence legislation.

Hey dumb ass pitt bulls don't attack cats. They attack childern. They have instincs to attack and maul easy targets. You are very foolish to think your pit bull won't turn on any child who is unfourtunate to enter your dewling. The second a small child lifts their hand to pet a pitt bull the pitt goes on alert. If the pit is not hungry or has not been beaten lately you may be safe. The pitt will attack soon after being mistreated. I personally have wittnessed a pit bull fight and the common tatict for getting the dog ready to fight is to smack it in the face. Pitt bulls are fighting dogs, if you are to stupid to realize this fact maybe one day you will learn this fact in court. The original poster is on point.
The pitt bull is the most dangerous item in your dewling (a pitt bull in a house is not a home) insurance companies may not provide insurance to pitt bull owners,please explain this if the pit is the same as any other breed. Just ask the owners of the pitts who attacked these innocent victims.
Attachments:
pitty.jpg
5-year-old-attack.jpg

Posted by: OP is a moron. ()
Date: December 18, 2010 10:11AM

An indoor cat isn't an easy target? Do you have down syndrome? Any dog above 50lbs could kill an average cat with one bite.

I was walking my pit not long ago and a woman asked if her two small children (probably around 4 y/o and 6y/o) could pet him. I said sure, and they did. The end. You have to be very stupid to believe pit bulls are magically predisposed to attack children at random.

You probably have been bitten by a pit that had a horrible owner, but that is not reason to discriminate against the breed as a whole. Of course they WERE bred as fighting dogs. Some still are today. But what made them such great fighting dogs was their loyalty and consistent need to please their owners. If the owner doesn't push the dog into fighting or neglect it the pit will be just fine. Just like any other dog.

Posted by: Elliot J. ()
Date: December 18, 2010 06:38PM

Most pit bulls are owned by inner city black people and it's sad to dsay, but they don't know how to take care of animals.

Posted by: destroy the PITT Bull Breed ()
Date: December 19, 2010 08:40AM

For all the asshole owners of the killing machines, read this and wonder why ninty percent of the population thinks you are a threat to their way of life.
You think you are cool to own a child killer your not. You are sick, and I know you don't have the money to pay for the damage you pitt will inflict on some innocent child. If you really love dogs would know this breed should have never been allowed to exist. You will have a childs blood on your hands one day and I hope you rot in hell, because you were warned. I love dogs myself, but not the pitt. The original poster is a caring person probally a emergency room person who has seen the results of this killing machine.

Pit Bull Attacks Three Children and a Woman

A loose pit bull attacked three children and a woman, all from Annandale, on Thursday, April 16 in the 3300 block of Woodburn Village Drive. An investigation revealed that around 5:30 p.m., the dog was behind a partially opened, screened window. The dog broke through the screen and first attacked a 7-year-old girl, biting her on the leg and shoulder. A 35-year-old woman was bitten on the hand as she tried to help the girl. The dog ran off to a nearby basketball court and charged two boys playing basketball. The dog bit one of them, an 8-year-old, on the hand and ran off again into the woods.

Officers responded and contained the pit bull inside a neighborhood dog park. The woman and the two children were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital with non life-threatening injuries. The dog owner gave up custody of the pit bull and animal control officers transported it to the Fairfax County Animal Shelter where it was euthanized. Charges are pending.

Owner Charged After Dog Attacks Child

Mount Vernon Police District – A 3-year-old boy is recovering from serious wounds he sustained after being attacked by a pit bull at a party on Saturday, May 23. Police responded to a home in the 8500 block of Mount Vernon Highway around 8:30 p.m. An investigation revealed that the dogs’ owner took the boy to visit with her two pit bulls, in a room in the home. One dog attacked the victim, who ran away and hid. Several minutes later, someone found the injured boy, returned him to his parent and called authorities. The boy was transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital with serious injuries to his face and arm.

On May 28, Animal Control Officers arrested the dogs’ owner Erika R. Williams, 24, of 8531 Mount Vernon Highway. She was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center and charged with the following nine offenses: Abuse and neglect of children, failing to secure medical attention for an injured child, obstructing justice, withholding information about a possible rabid animal, vicious dog, two count of no rabies vaccinations and two counts of no county dog license.

Pit Bull Attack In Fairfax County Ends In Gunfire

Share |
We still don't know what prompted a pit bull to go after a group of children on the 6300 block of Eighth Street in Lincolnia Tuesday afternoon.

Witnesses say the dog was on a leash, about to be walked by a young girl when he overpowered her, slipped out of his collar and took off. He immediately went after a group of children in the parking lot.

The children ranging in age from 12 to 14 years old were no match for the angry animal. Some scrambled to safety by climbing a tree. But 4 kids were bitten by the pit bull. 3 of the 4 victims were taken to the hospital with injuries that aren't life threatening.

When police arrived on scene, they say the dog was still in attack-mode. After efforts to subdue the dog with a tazer was unsuccessful, the pit bull was shot and killed.

The owner of the dog, Mauricio Coca, 20, of Herndon, was issued three misdemeanor summonses for having a dog running at large, having an unlicensed animal and not having a rabies vaccination.

These are all misdemeanors. The dog is now being tested to make sure it doesn't have rabies or any other disease.

Pit bull terriers appear to commit about ninty percent of the reported serial attacks on humans (65%), and more than three-fourths of the rampage attacks (79%), ANIMAL PEOPLE has learned, in a review of files on approximately 1,500 dog attacks in cases in which a person was killed or maimed, or police shot the dog.

Serial attacks are defined as instances of a dog injuring someone after having injured a person or an animal on a previous occasion. ANIMAL PEOPLE found that about 5% of the dogs involved in life-threatening or fatal attacks on humans, or shot by police while attacking, had attacked a person or killed a pet on an earlier occasion.

Among the 59 dogs who flunked a second chance after biting a person or killing a pet were 28 pit bulls (48%), 10 Rottweilers (17%), and 21 dogs of 10 other breeds.

The lopsided risk associated with giving pit bulls a second or third chance would be even greater if pit bull advocates are correct in asserting that pit bulls are more likely than other breeds to be killed after their first violent incident--which would mean that relatively few pit bulls get further chances, and that those who do are among the dogs considered least likely to be genuinely dangerous.

However, the rates of flunking second and third chances among pit bulls, Rottweilers, and other breeds were all closely comparable to their overall rates of involvement in life-threatening incidents, fatalities, and police shootings of dogs. This suggests that neither pit bulls nor Rottweilers are subject to statistically quantifiable discrimination in deciding which dogs get extra chances.

Rampage attacks are defined as instances of a dog attacking multiple people or animals during a single incident. About 10% of the dog attack cases in the ANIMAL PEOPLE files involve rampages in which a person is killed or maimed, and/or the dog is shot by police. Of the 153 dogs who rampaged, 89 (58%) were pit bulls; 32 (21%) were Rottweilers; and 32 (21%) were representatives of 14 other large breeds.

No dog smaller than a boxer was involved in a rampage attack, possibly because small dogs are more easily restrained after attacking their first victim.

Pages: 123456AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 6

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.