HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I got a ticket right in front of my house
Posted by: Ihatethiscounty ()
Date: August 13, 2007 08:58PM

I came back from vacation and the ff cops gave me a welcome back present. A $40 ticket for an expired state inspection... Expired 7/31 got the ticket in front of my residence on August 3. What's next???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I got a ticket right in front of my house
Posted by: watcher ()
Date: August 13, 2007 09:03PM

Ummm, I dunno. Maybe be responsible for your own actions, or in your case, inaction? But that would be silly. Blame the police!

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: August 13, 2007 09:39PM

watcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Blame the police!

Isn't that the mantra of this entire website?

I vote we change the name of this website to www.irresponsible-citizens-whining-about-police.com. With upwards of 80% of all posts crying about some alleged or imagined atrocity committed by the likes of the police against "innocent" civilians it just seems apropos.

The funny thing is that each and every one of these losers has brought about their own trouble and they either don't realize it, think laws don't apply to them, or they should be afforded some type of a "grace period" as if the law were a creditor or something.

Posted by: Yukinon ()
Date: August 13, 2007 11:03PM

What's the issue here? You broke a law right?

Posted by: Hell Yeah ()
Date: August 13, 2007 11:11PM

Mark Wrote:
> Isn't that the mantra of this entire website?
>
> I vote we change the name of this website to
> www.irresponsible-citizens-whining-about-police.co
> m. With upwards of 80% of all posts crying about
> some alleged or imagined atrocity committed by the
> likes of the police against "innocent" civilians
> it just seems apropos.
>
> The funny thing is that each and every one of
> these losers has brought about their own trouble
> and they either don't realize it, think laws don't
> apply to them, or they should be afforded some
> type of a "grace period" as if the law were a
> creditor or something.

2nd

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: August 13, 2007 11:38PM

There are no extensions. You broke the law.
You loose.

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: August 14, 2007 12:28AM

Same thing happened to me. But I'm contesting it. Only because I got a ticket for the same thing while driving my car less than 12 hours earlier. I couldn't have gotten the inspection during the night. The first charge has been thrown out. Hopefully they'll understand and throw the second one out too. I got the inspection. But what's your problem with it? It is something that EVERYONE must do once a year.

Date: August 14, 2007 01:39AM

Just a typical nazi tactic. Lets cruise the streets looking for expired tags and inspections. Nevermind that they should be doing real police work and try to find the person who has been breaking into our cars and smashing our mailboxes.

Do you think its ok to give me the same ticket in my driveway as well? How about my garage?

I suppose you responders are the types of losers that don't mind traffic cameras as well. They are coming back and big brother is going to keep a close look at you!

Posted by: EVH ()
Date: August 14, 2007 02:00AM

ust a typical nazi tactic. Lets cruise the streets looking for expired tags and inspections. Nevermind that they should be doing real police work and try to find the person who has been breaking into our cars and smashing our mailboxes.

----------------------------------------------------------------
How do you know that police officer didn't catch violent criminal that day? How do you know he wasn't on his way back from jail, and just happen to see the dumbass who put off getting his car inspected?

Date: August 14, 2007 02:45AM

I live on a culdesac and haven't seen a cop drive down our street in years!

FYI, alot of the negativity about Fairfax County is because the state and county are using penalties and fines to help with the budget. The 150% (in 8 years) increase in real-estate taxes is not enough! A cops job should not be to raise $$$ for the county. I know it anecdotal, but I have seen a lot more speed traps after July 1 than ever before. If we have so many cops that their best use of time is to watch for traffic violations then we need to cut back!

or we could...

Lets hire another 100 cops in Fairfax so we can get every person that has an expired tag on the first day!! We have to maximize the amount of money we can extract from the public! We need more money they can buy the cops things they didn't need!

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: August 14, 2007 05:37AM

Ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> Just a typical nazi tactic. Lets cruise the
> streets looking for expired tags and inspections.
> Nevermind that they should be doing real police
> work and try to find the person who has been
> breaking into our cars and smashing our
> mailboxes.
>

OK, how do you know the officer wasn't on patrol in your neighborhood for the person who was breaking into cars and smashing mailboxes, happened to see your vehicle in violation, and issued you a ticket? I'll wager no one was breaking into cars and smashing mailboxes while he or she was there.

And to re-hash, the county has nothing to do with using "penalties and fines to hepl with the budget." That has everything to do with the Virginia General Assembly.

And has also been discussed on this board in the not-too-distant-past, you have most likely seen these "speed traps" you speak of due to the "Smooth Operator Campaign." Take a look...

http://www.smoothoperatorprogram.com/events.html

Posted by: 4wheeler ()
Date: August 14, 2007 06:39AM

Ihatethiscounty Wrote:
>
> Lets hire another 100 cops in Fairfax

Don't you think that would raise you taxes a little bit. And, if you hate this county, move out.

Posted by: quityerbitchin ()
Date: August 14, 2007 07:09AM

Ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> Do you think its ok to give me the same ticket in
> my driveway as well? How about my garage?
>
> I suppose you responders are the types of losers
> that don't mind traffic cameras as well. They are
> coming back and big brother is going to keep a
> close look at you!

if I punched you in your driveway you'd be bitchin that no cop was there to arrest me. obey the law and you won't get a ticket. who says your vehicle in open view isn't fair game for a ticket? July was 31 days long and you couldn't get it inspected?

Date: August 14, 2007 07:43AM

Your car must have been parked on the street for you to have been given a ticket. An officer wouldn't have gone in your driveway to give you a parking ticket.

Another theory, and probably one that is correct, is this. Maybe one of your neighbors called the police to report the violation, so an officer was dispatched, found the expired inspection and issued a ticket.

tool.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: August 14, 2007 09:28AM

Maybe one of your neighbors called the police to report the violation

god i hope nobody is that much of an ass.. not saying its OK to violate the law.. but for a neighbor to call something like that in.. i dont know..

--

but that smooth operater program.. hasnt that been going on for like 10+ years in FFX county? or what was it that they have going on? i remember a video from safe drivers class (2yrs ago) talking about how FFX county specifically is all for getting people on traffic violations..??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2007 09:28AM by bdimag.

Posted by: ihatethiscounty ()
Date: August 14, 2007 10:02AM

IMHO, I don't think its worth the ill will that is created when a cop gives a ticket to a car in a neighborhood for a inspection that is 3 days late. If you must know, it was my truck, which I drive less than once a month.

4Wheeler, I would move out of here in a second if I could but my house is too incredible to leave, my wife has lived here all her life, we have made a lot of great friends in the past 20 years, I have three kids in private school, I'd lose my country club membership and I have 14 employees at my business that I would have to fire. I will stick it out with the few asshole cops at least until the kids are all in college and I sell the business.

Date: August 14, 2007 10:56AM

I do agree with the ill will part... but i also agree that July is 31 days long...

And while some cops can be a nuisance (mostly when we do illegal things) - theres only a handful that are like that..

i mean, i've been pulled over for "running a stop sign" in my own neighborhook(very long rolling stop) coming home from work.. i tell him the deal while still wearing my grease stained clothing.. he said i was also speeding and doing other "wierd stuff" (driving in the lines?).. calls backup and searches my car.. writes me a ticket for running the sign which pushes my points to the point of suspension..

but on the flip side i've been let off on a recklesses, DIP, DUI, etc, etc, etc (and theres a lot of etcs).. and so have a lot of people i know..

I'd say i've had more pleasant experiences than shitty.. and now I just don't bother putting myself in those situations and I never deal with them..

i forget my point.. its in there somewhere..

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: August 14, 2007 12:40PM

Just a typical nazi tactic. Lets cruise the streets looking for expired tags and inspections.

Nah.

Another theory, and probably one that is correct, is this. Maybe one of your neighbors called the police to report the violation, so an officer was dispatched, found the expired inspection and issued a ticket.

I'd bet money that's what it was. I've been told by officers that they don't have the resources to cruise around looking for crud like that; that if a car gets a ticket like that (dead inspection, registration, parked w/ "for sale" signs, parked in a "no parking here to corner" area, etc.), it's because a neighbor called.

Next time you'll be out of town when your tags will expire, park in your driveway. They can't do a thing about that.

Posted by: G-Man ()
Date: August 14, 2007 01:06PM

Does not have to be a cop. Could have been a parking attendant that wrote that ticket. And that is their job to drive around looking for stuff like that. But the real question is why did you let it expire? Should have taken care of it before you left town so its your own fault. Besides if it was a cop who cares... Thats part of their job. So it amounts to YOUR FAULT. So stop bitching and own up to your own ignorance.

PLEASE SELL YOUR HOUSE AND MOVE OUT OF FAIRFAX. if you are so pissed that you got a fucking ticket for a law that you broke then you should just go.

for fucks sake people, if you break the law and get caught why do you bitch about it? The law is the law.

Date: August 14, 2007 01:10PM

Does not have to be a cop. Could have been a parking attendant that wrote that ticket.

A parking attendant from where? For it to be a county ticket, it has to be a county officer, even if they're auxillary.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 14, 2007 01:15PM

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Attachments:
crybaby.jpg

Date: August 14, 2007 02:18PM

Over the last 3 years the county has collected over 1.5 million in fees for expired state inspections alone. Its all about the $$$$. We have money and the government feels they are entitled to take it. They just keep ripping us off.

They need to keep up their ever increasing salary raises and benefits. Anyone who works for the government is a loser. Try making in the real world where you could lose your job or get a pay cut.

Posted by: derrick ()
Date: August 14, 2007 02:23PM

mbf,

that is not correct. fairfax county employs quite a few "parking enforecement officers" that are employees of the police department but are not police officers. generally when a neighbor calls to make a complaint about parking a parking enforcement officer is dispatched.

a ticket does not have to be written by an officer, i think you may watch too many movies. ever heard of a meter maid?

Date: August 14, 2007 02:28PM

I know, by name only, the cop who wrote the ticket.

Date: August 14, 2007 02:30PM

did you get a parking ticket? or a summons?

Date: August 14, 2007 02:41PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
Its all about the $$$$. We
> have money and the government feels they are
> entitled to take it. They just keep ripping us
> off.

Ripping you off how?? did they sell you a bridge? YOU had your vehicle parked on a public street, in front of your "incredible house" like you call it, with dead stickers. If it was not a regular FCPD, could've been a parking enforcement officer which can do that. I agree with a post above, most likely was one of your neighbors complaining about your truck parked on the street.

Posted by: OhYeah ()
Date: August 14, 2007 02:42PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> Over the last 3 years the county has collected
> over 1.5 million in fees for expired state
> inspections alone. Its all about the $$$$. We
> have money and the government feels they are
> entitled to take it. They just keep ripping us
> off.
>
> They need to keep up their ever increasing salary
> raises and benefits. Anyone who works for the
> government is a loser. Try making in the real
> world where you could lose your job or get a pay
> cut.

first off, where did you get the stats? secondly, have you ever looked at the salaries of police/fire/sheriff dept employees. most of them can't afford to even live in the county they are serving.

give me a break about your whining!!!! MOVE!!! you think life is so bad here? LEAVE. see what the REAL WORLD is really like out there. fairfax is a whole nother place compared to other counties around the region. the county government, and it's employees, provide more services for it's residents than other areas in the region and nationwide.

if your life is so bad that you got a simple parking violation and you have to come here and bitch about it then i say you have way too much time on your hands. maybe you could be giving back to your community to make it a more tolerable place to live since you think it sucks so bad.

the next time you need the police because you heard a noise duing the night, i hope you remember just how much you hate them when you call and they come at a moments notice without any hesitation to protect your sorry ass from what ever evil lurks.

Date: August 14, 2007 02:52PM

that is not correct. fairfax county employs quite a few "parking enforecement officers"

"Parking enforcement officers" who work for the FCPD are quite different than "parking attendants" who don't and work on private property. Perhaps I was taking the original poster too literally, semantics-wise. No, I don't watch too many movies, LOL.

EDIT: Realized it was not "Derrick" who originally/incorrectly used the term "attendant."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2007 02:54PM by MBF.

Date: August 14, 2007 03:13PM

MBF Wrote:
> Does not have to be a cop. Could have been a
> parking attendant that wrote that ticket.
>
> A parking attendant from where? For it to be a
> county ticket, it has to be a county officer, even
> if they're auxillary.

Bull, You are telling me Fairfax does not have any meter maids? I find that hard to believe.

Date: August 14, 2007 03:15PM

MBF Wrote:
> that is not correct. fairfax county employs quite
> a few "parking enforecement officers"
>
> "Parking enforcement officers" who work for the
> FCPD are quite different than "parking attendants"
> who don't and work on private property. Perhaps I
> was taking the original poster too literally,
> semantics-wise. No, I don't watch too many movies,
> LOL.
>
> EDIT: Realized it was not "Derrick" who
> originally/incorrectly used the term "attendant."

Parking Enforcements offerers are parking attendants or metermaids and you are a NUM NUT!

Date: August 14, 2007 03:29PM

LOL.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: August 14, 2007 03:40PM

ihatethiscounty,

Personally, I don't understand your complaint. Whether your state inspection had expired three days before or 30 days before, it was still expired. If you love your house and business so much, why are you so concerned with a $40 fine? With your attitude, I think it really would be best if you moved.

That being said, I once received a ticket for expired registration in Prince William County (I used to drive out to Manassas to use VRE). I had renewed my registration on time, but cut it quite close. I then made the stupid mistake of not keeping a copy of the confirmation page in my car. For some reason the DMV's records hadn't been updated yet, so the officer had no way of knowing that I had renewed. Anyway, I went to court and the judge dropped the charge before I could even tell him my story or show supporting evidence. All he cared about was that my registration was renewed before the court date. I would imagine that the same thing could happen in Fairfax County. But of course it is cheaper to pay the fine than take the time off of work.

Date: August 14, 2007 06:21PM

Its not the $40 bucks, its the fact that they come to your house to write you a ticket. I could understand if I was driving around, knowing full well that the inspection was expired and was pulled over. Under this circumstance, it was early July when I last drove the vehicle, then I went on vacation and then came back to find a ticket.

My attitude is from the constant fees this fucking county charges for everything. They are charging for the use of gyms for the kids now. Oh yeah, not long ago they started a new monthly fee for anyone with a home security system. I can't forget the $13k in real estate taxes I pay. I just hate writing that check especially because I have to send my kids to a private school to keep them out of the war zone they call AHS. Try running a business or look at your cable bill. They are constantly in your pocket. So now they want 3 times the penalties for some tickets, but only applicable to Virginia residents... yeah thats fair. Wake up morons, you guys are in the minority. (Although maybe not on this site)

Posted by: EVH ()
Date: August 14, 2007 06:52PM

FYI, alot of the negativity about Fairfax County is because the state and county are using penalties and fines to help with the budget. The 150% (in 8 years) increase in real-estate taxes is not enough! A cops job should not be to raise $$$ for the county. I know it anecdotal, but I have seen a lot more speed traps after July 1 than ever before. If we have so many cops that their best use of time is to watch for traffic violations then we need to cut back!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I do agree with your statement 100%.
However, to totally discount traffic enforcement is unrealistic. More people are killed and hurt every year by crazy speeders, then with guns. Writing traffic tickets is just as important then running down some gang bangers.

Posted by: ba ()
Date: August 14, 2007 07:05PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> IMHO, I don't think its worth the ill will that is
> created when a cop gives a ticket to a car in a
> neighborhood for a inspection that is 3 days late.
> If you must know, it was my truck, which I drive
> less than once a month.
>
> 4Wheeler, I would move out of here in a second if
> I could but my house is too incredible to leave,
> my wife has lived here all her life, we have made
> a lot of great friends in the past 20 years, I
> have three kids in private school, I'd lose my
> country club membership and I have 14 employees at
> my business that I would have to fire. I will
> stick it out with the few asshole cops at least
> until the kids are all in college and I sell the
> business.

Ihatethiscounty,

Please advise what type of business you own. I want to do business with you, have you send me an invoice, just as DMV does 2-3 months before your plates expire, and then fail to pay said invoice. I'd like to see how you behaved then? Shucks, if I failed to pay my bills I might have to yank my kids out of private school and lose my country club membership and maybe get kicked out of my incredible house!

You seem so full of yourself and have such an entitled attitude. Heck, I'll bet that police officer or parking enforcement officer who ticketed you doesn't even have a country club membership! How revoltingly vile!

I'll bet you are the type of guy who wears sunglasses at night and parks his overpriced sports car across three parking spaces in a busy parking lot just so none of the "commoners" get close to it!

You'd better get in touch with reality, and come down to Earth with the rest of us there, rock-star, or you are going to continue to be upset when small doses of reality come down and bite you in the rear.

If you exhibit the same "me first" mentality to your neighbors as you have portrayed here I wouldn't doubt for a minute if one of your neighbors you think is your friend called in to complain about your plates while you where gone, in which case you've got deeper problems than a parking ticket.

Pay your fine, renew your tags like you should have done weeks ago, and get on with your life. Some battles aren't worth fighting and losing sleep over.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: August 14, 2007 07:56PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> Its not the $40 bucks, its the fact that they come
> to your house to write you a ticket. I could
> understand if I was driving around, knowing full
> well that the inspection was expired and was
> pulled over. Under this circumstance, it was
> early July when I last drove the vehicle, then I
> went on vacation and then came back to find a
> ticket.
>
> My attitude is from the constant fees this fucking
> county charges for everything. They are charging
> for the use of gyms for the kids now. Oh yeah,
> not long ago they started a new monthly fee for
> anyone with a home security system. I can't forget
> the $13k in real estate taxes I pay. I just hate
> writing that check especially because I have to
> send my kids to a private school to keep them out
> of the war zone they call AHS. Try running a
> business or look at your cable bill. They are
> constantly in your pocket. So now they want 3
> times the penalties for some tickets, but only
> applicable to Virginia residents... yeah thats
> fair. Wake up morons, you guys are in the
> minority. (Although maybe not on this site)

You're the moron! If you pay 13 grand a year in real estate taxes....your house is assessed at about $1.5 million. That will buy a nice house in Great Falls, McLean, or Clifton....and your kiddies would go to a great County high school.
Or if they didn't have shit for brains like you they could go to TJHHST...that's real close to Annandale.

Quit whining, pay the 40 bucks, and have your butler pull it into the fucking driveway next time!

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: August 14, 2007 08:43PM

How do you know one of your neighbors didnt call the cops about the expired inspection? It does happen. If the cop got the call and just drove by without doing anything then the same neighbor would call the chief of police the next day to complain the cops didnt take his complaint seriously.

BTW DMV does not notify you of expired inspections only tags and drivers license. Want to save time and not have to wait behind the great unwashed masses, register with DMV online and avoid the lines. A simple way to renew tags and drivers license. They even have the website in English for those of us left here who still read it.

Posted by: Just so you know ()
Date: August 14, 2007 09:04PM

Hey jack ass, In Arlington County and other areas they are called parking attendants. They are not officers they just work for the PD. I'm sure they call them "parking enforcement officers" in Fairfax since they do everything backwards anyways.

That is all...

MBF Wrote:
> that is not correct. fairfax county employs quite
> a few "parking enforecement officers"
>
> "Parking enforcement officers" who work for the
> FCPD are quite different than "parking attendants"
> who don't and work on private property. Perhaps I
> was taking the original poster too literally,
> semantics-wise. No, I don't watch too many movies,
> LOL.
>
> EDIT: Realized it was not "Derrick" who
> originally/incorrectly used the term "attendant."

Posted by: ba ()
Date: August 14, 2007 09:52PM

hmm Wrote:
>
> BTW DMV does not notify you of expired inspections
> only tags and drivers license. Want to save time
> and not have to wait behind the great unwashed
> masses, register with DMV online and avoid the
> lines. A simple way to renew tags and drivers
> license. They even have the website in English for
> those of us left here who still read it.

You are correct. I had just read Genevieve's post about her experience with expired plates and I incorrectly went on about that rather than the inspection. None-the-less, the story and my point remain the same. This arrogant guy got caught clearly in the wrong and is still pointing fingers. He just needs to suck it up and move on.

Date: August 14, 2007 10:34PM

Ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> If we have so many cops that their best
> use of time is to watch for traffic violations
> then we need to cut back!

I see just as many cops responding to calls and in neighborhoods/shopping centers and doing routine patrol as I see writing traffic tickets. And you are ranting about taxes this taxes that...well maybe you have some FINANCIAL PROBLEMS and are blaming this great place. Sell your business, sell your mansion, sell your wife into prostitution, and move somewhere with a lower cost of living! This place has a high cost of living compared with the rest of the country. Didn't you know that when you came here? Jeebus.

Date: August 14, 2007 10:53PM

Ok.. first of all he doesnt live in a mansion, otherwise he wouldnt be parking on the street...

and to Just so you know: MBF was saying that the people who work for the FCPD (whether they are officers or not) are different than those that WORK ON PRIVATE PROPERTY... if you call those that enforce parking for the PD "parking attendents" then fine - that just means that what he calls "parking antendents" you would call parking LOT antendents..

that is all...

Date: August 14, 2007 11:06PM

bdimag Wrote:
> Ok.. first of all he doesnt live in a mansion,
> otherwise he wouldnt be parking on the street...

True, the real estate tax thing might be a load of shit. How great can the house be that it's not worth moving away from? Doesn't matter where you live in Fairfax, you can find a better home somewhere else. Try New Caanan, CT, The Hamptons, Beverly Hills. Not that ihatethiscounty could afford anything there once he shells out this $40 ticket.

Posted by: Just so you know ()
Date: August 15, 2007 02:55AM

bdimag Wrote:
> Ok.. first of all he doesnt live in a mansion,
> otherwise he wouldnt be parking on the street...
>
> and to Just so you know: MBF was saying that the
> people who work for the FCPD (whether they are
> officers or not) are different than those that
> WORK ON PRIVATE PROPERTY... if you call those that
> enforce parking for the PD "parking attendents"
> then fine - that just means that what he calls
> "parking antendents" you would call parking LOT
> antendents..
>
> that is all...

I know what MBF was saying. I'm just saying MBF was making a stoopid point and I'm going to and argue about it till the cows come home. Why? Cause I'm a NUM NUT as well and just like making as much intraweb drama as I can so make my self feel better about my small pecker and shitty job.

that is all...

Posted by: angelus42774 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 07:45AM

No, this issue is that FFX County Police really have nothing better to do then sit in driveways with their radar guns, drive up and down the street looking for expired inspection stickers, harassing any miniorty with "pimped out" automobiles. Instead you hear all the time how the police are called to some sort of disturbance such as gunfire, never show, then when a citizen inquires they receive the standard, "An officer was dispatched, did not see anything out of the norm, and left the scene."

Fairfax Country Police are the biggest bunch of racist pigs in the world. Take it from someone who witnessed it first hand during ride alongs in college.

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: August 15, 2007 08:13AM

First, Mr. "I hate this county", I am going to go out on a limb and speak for the rest of Fairfax when I say, We hate you too.

Second, your car was not parked at your house, it was parked on PUBLIC PROPERTY. The road is owned by VDOT so get over yourself.

Date: August 15, 2007 08:42AM

Hey jack ass, In Arlington County and other areas they are called parking attendants. They are not officers they just work for the PD. I'm sure they call them "parking enforcement officers" in Fairfax since they do everything backwards anyways.

Heh, have you checked what board you're posting on? Just sayin'...

I know what MBF was saying. I'm just saying MBF was making a stoopid point and I'm going to and argue about it till the cows come home. Why? Cause I'm a NUM NUT as well and just like making as much intraweb drama as I can so make my self feel better about my small pecker and shitty job.

that is all...

No drama on teh-internet3!!!1!!!1

and to Just so you know: MBF was saying that the people who work for the FCPD (whether they are officers or not) are different than those that WORK ON PRIVATE PROPERTY... if you call those that enforce parking for the PD "parking attendents" then fine - that just means that what he calls "parking antendents" you would call parking LOT antendents..

that is all...

Hit the nail on the head there...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2007 09:04AM by MBF.

Posted by: across the street ()
Date: August 15, 2007 10:28AM

I called the police. I live across the street from you. Your house looks like a dump while the rest of your neighbors try to keep our modest homes neat and tidy. When are you going to take down those Christmas lights hanging from your rusted gutter? How about getting some new trash cans with lids. Your a lazy excuse for a man. I know your wife and she is nice and it's unfortunate she is stuck with a worthless bum like you. She deserves better and would leave you in a minuet if it weren't for the kids. You live in squall er, put a shirt on when your in public you morbidly obese excuse for a husband.

Date: August 15, 2007 10:34AM

harassing any miniorty with "pimped out" automobiles

if your talking about the "gangsters" with retarded looking cars.. then i have problem with cops harrassing them... IMPOUND THEM ALL

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: August 15, 2007 11:35AM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> Its not the $40 bucks, its the fact that they come
> to your house to write you a ticket. I could
> understand if I was driving around, knowing full
> well that the inspection was expired and was
> pulled over. Under this circumstance, it was
> early July when I last drove the vehicle, then I
> went on vacation and then came back to find a
> ticket.
>
> My attitude is from the constant fees this fucking
> county charges for everything. They are charging
> for the use of gyms for the kids now. Oh yeah,
> not long ago they started a new monthly fee for
> anyone with a home security system. I can't forget
> the $13k in real estate taxes I pay. I just hate
> of the war zone they call AHS. Try running a
> business or look at your cable bill. They are
> constantly in your pocket. So now they want 3
> times the penalties for some tickets, but only
> applicable to Virginia residents... yeah thats
> fair. Wake up morons, you guys are in the
> minority. (Although maybe not on this site)

Do you live in a community with a HOA? Is there a public parking area that you are using to STORE your vehicle?

If you have a car with expired tags/inspection, then you should park it in your driveway or your garage so it will not be ticketed. If you are taking a parking place that others can use to STORE a vehicle that you don't drive, then you deserve the fee and then some!

Date: August 15, 2007 12:43PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> its the fact that they come
> to your house to write you a ticket.
No, the vehicle was parked on the street, not in the driveway.

Under this circumstance, it was early July when I last drove the vehicle,
So, you had plenty of time to take care of the inspection.

They are charging for the use of gyms for the kids now.
Not enough room on you incredible house for a home gym??

Oh yeah, not long ago they started a new monthly fee for anyone with a home security system.
MMM, i know it has to be registered. yor security company charges you

I can't forget the $13k in real estate taxes I pay.
S mall price to pay for hasppiness in your incredible house, eh?

I just hate
> of the war zone they call AHS.
Ever heard of home tutoring?

Try running a business or look at your cable bill.
Don't watch tv

So now they want 3 times the penalties for some tickets,
Don't drive like an ass or drunk.

Date: August 16, 2007 07:08AM

I called the police station and talked to the cop who wrote me the ticket. He asked me if I had renewed it. I said I had and he told me that he would delete the ticket this time.

All is well with the world...

Some of you have to get a life.

Date: August 16, 2007 07:16AM

Did you tell the officer to check out this site and see where you said "Just a typical nazi tactic. Lets cruise the streets looking for expired tags and inspections. Nevermind that they should be doing real police work and try to find the person who has been breaking into our cars and smashing our mailboxes." ?

Date: August 16, 2007 10:15AM

Ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> I called the police station and talked to the cop
> who wrote me the ticket. He asked me if I had
> renewed it. I said I had and he told me that he
> would delete the ticket this time.
>
> All is well with the world...
>
> Some of you have to get a life.

You are something else. Why didn't you call the PD station on the first place instead of whinning and trying to get support from people in this site. You obviously did not get the support, so you are now offended. You are the one who needs to get a life. Oh, that's right, you have one in your incredible house and your country club membership. I'm sure like watcher said, you probably called very polite and thankful, eh?. You need to get a life.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: August 16, 2007 11:28AM

So after posting a litany of things you hate about this county...getting a $40 ticket cleared up means, "All is well with the world..."

Damn, I wish my old lady was so easy to please! LOL

Posted by: Fairfax County, Virginia ()
Date: August 16, 2007 10:14PM

Dear Ihatethiscounty,

Fuck you. I hate your stupid guts. You got off this time, but I've only begun to ream your asshole. Next time I will really get you good. I will drive you out of my land and make you lose your sorry home and your tramp of a wife. You shall never come back. $40 is nothing you stupid bitch. The end is near, mother fucker.

Sincerely,
Fairfax County

Posted by: BAC ()
Date: August 18, 2007 09:36PM

How the hell do you "delete a ticket"?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 19, 2007 01:41PM

BAC Wrote:
> How the hell do you "delete a ticket"?

hack traffic ticket DB and delete entries, hack fcpd computers and delete police record files, no real need to destroy archived files as nobody will notice a minor change.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: cw ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:28PM

"I called the police station and talked to the cop who wrote me the ticket. He asked me if I had renewed it. I said I had and he told me that he would delete the ticket this time.
All is well with the world...
Some of you have to get a life."

Just a piece of advice, I would be real sure he had the ticket dismissed. Otherwise you may receive some notice from the county asking for the fine plus a late charge. The cop might say "Who said what? Never heard of this guy"

Posted by: Joe Dirt ()
Date: August 25, 2007 06:35PM

I LIKE YOU!!

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: August 25, 2007 07:03PM

stop complaing

Posted by: hey ()
Date: October 01, 2007 06:10AM

I have to defend fairfax county police. What do you think would happen if police didnt write tickets?? I dont care what the violation is..a law is a law. period. You want to live in Fairfax County and enjoy all the benefits - great schools,great parks, programs, etc..but you dont want to pay for it. I constantly hear people complain about taxes in fairfax county..if you dont like it, move someplace where police protection is non-existant and your kids cant spell or read. The money from traffic tickets does not go to police officers, or their salaries..the vast majority of police employees cant even afford to live in the county they work for..do you put your life on the line every time you go to work? do people hate you just because of the job you do? THINK ABOUT IT..WOULD YOU WANT THE JOB OF A POLICE OFFICER???? I doubt it seriously

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: October 01, 2007 10:41AM

Once again I congratulate our public safety officials for doing their job. Thank you Fairfax police officers.

I don't understand the people who think that they are above the law. I also don't understand people who don't plan to renew their registrations and pay their personal property taxes. The DMV, one of the best in the Nation, sends the emissions reminder a couple of months in advance--also, the penalties for not paying personal property taxes are very clear.

Metaphors to the Nazi police state are totally inadequate and specious. I doubt that you know anything about "Nationalsozialismus." Most likely you are one of the under educated who believe that the Germans were on our side fighting the USSR. And you can't find the USA on a map.

Suck it in, pay the penalty, and stop complaining about your stupidity.

ACCREDITED BY THE VIRGINIA LAW ENFORCEMENT
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS COMMISSION
SINCE 1996
Attachments:
accredLogo.gif

Date: October 01, 2007 10:51AM

thx for the input "hey", but if you would pay attention sometimes you'd see that people stop caring about this issue on August 25th.

Posted by: OMGWTF ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:32AM

Yeah, the FFX cops should be out hunting for Osama Bin Laden. I just know he's hiding in one of the gave in the Great Falls park.

Posted by: myspaceaddict ()
Date: October 01, 2007 04:58PM

OMFG HAHAHAHAHA Shit thats funny.

Fairfax County, Virginia Wrote:
> Dear Ihatethiscounty,
>
> Fuck you. I hate your stupid guts. You got off
> this time, but I've only begun to ream your
> asshole. Next time I will really get you good. I
> will drive you out of my land and make you lose
> your sorry home and your tramp of a wife. You
> shall never come back. $40 is nothing you stupid
> bitch. The end is near, mother fucker.
>
> Sincerely,
> Fairfax County

Posted by: no-cop ()
Date: October 02, 2007 03:42PM

Ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> I came back from vacation and the ff cops gave me
> a welcome back present. A $40 ticket for an
> expired state inspection... Expired 7/31 got the
> ticket in front of my residence on August 3.
> What's next???

HA HA

Posted by: hey ()
Date: October 04, 2007 10:47PM

for bdimag - I'm sorry, but I just read the postings to begin with..excuse me for sending my thoughts after the non-existant expiration...if it did stop August 25th, then why are you still checking it? Maybe you should pay attention too.

Posted by: Larry ()
Date: August 30, 2011 04:47PM

It's obvious there are a bunch of cops on here defending their pitiful "jobs" as they want to lie and call it. "you broke the law.. now you have to pay.." hahaha i used to beat the shit out of faggots like you in high school you hall monitor wannabes. and thats the truth. anyone who puts tickets on car in front of someone's house is a straight up dickhead. and any neighbors who call for such things have serious fucking problems as well. go fuck yourself fairfax county!

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:00PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2011 06:03PM by Priapus.

Posted by: larry is a loser ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:00PM

and anyone who takes the time to find a thread from 4 years ago so that they can be an internet tuff guy and make up stories about beating up people in high school has mental issues. youve obviously had many run ins with the law

Posted by: dika-dika ()
Date: August 30, 2011 06:31PM

You should get a living Darwan Award

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: CERTently4545 ()
Date: August 30, 2011 07:18PM

Who yous thinks keeps you safe at the night. Police protrolls at all hours. I agrees with person that you need to take owernership on yourself. The police are great asset to our community. They are bests in the country.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: August 30, 2011 08:10PM

LOL
Attachments:
colonel-klink1.jpg

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: August 30, 2011 08:29PM

This is some kind of zombie thread. It won't die

Posted by: eagle64 ()
Date: August 30, 2011 10:55PM

OP is a whiny lawbreaker! I got a similar ticket several years ago---if your inspection sticker has expired and you are parked on the street (not in your
driveway) you are fined. It's the law, period!!!!

Posted by: police state ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:05PM

We are living in an absolute police state! Fairfax County employs so many cops and deputies and law enforcement. We are a relatively safe county. I think the chairman should lay off tons of cops and lower taxes. There is always a group of cops at the dunkin donuts by my office and it pisses me off. We are subsidizing these assholes, meanwhile, I don't get a pension or a free car and a fancy little halloween costume. We need to reduce law enforcement. The citizens of Fairfax County are for the most part good and honest people. We do need some cops, but not so many where they are writing tickets for expired license tags of their own citizens (who pay their salary) cars.

Posted by: Troop ()
Date: August 30, 2011 11:56PM

Dude, go get your car inspected. I am sure it is a parking ticket since you were not stopped. Call the number to request a court date. Go to court and tell the judge, "Please comply this ticke with the law." Bring your pink reciept to show the judge, and I am sure the charge will be dismissed.

Posted by: CommonSense ()
Date: August 31, 2011 12:54AM

police state Wrote:
> We are living in an absolute police state!
> Fairfax County employs so many cops and deputies
> and law enforcement. We are a relatively safe
> county. I think the chairman should lay off tons
> of cops and lower taxes. There is always a group
> of cops at the dunkin donuts by my office and it
> pisses me off. We are subsidizing these assholes,
> meanwhile, I don't get a pension or a free car and
> a fancy little halloween costume. We need to
> reduce law enforcement. The citizens of Fairfax
> County are for the most part good and honest
> people. We do need some cops, but not so many
> where they are writing tickets for expired license
> tags of their own citizens (who pay their salary)
> cars.

You do realize that it's the police presence that deters crime? If there is an incident, enough officers need to be available to respond while still having enough officers access to patrol a specific area. Furthermore, an officer who has to take someone down to the ADC or other, tends to be tied up for 4-6 hours with paperwork.

As soon as you "lay off" officers, then the police presence will obviously reduce, crime will increase, and then you need to rehire, retrain, and redeploy resources and fight an uphill battle.

Apply some common sense and you MIGHT understand this.

Posted by: CommonSense ()
Date: August 31, 2011 12:56AM

Even though this thread is old, I'll bring something up that no one else mentioned. On that parking ticket you received, no where does it have your address. It's your contact information, the vehicle information, and the infraction. The officer doesn't give two shits where you live, doesn't matter if it's right in front of your house or a mile away, an infraction of the law is an infraction of the law.

Other people follow it - why should you be given a free pass? Go fuck yourself.

Posted by: Posted in 2007 ()
Date: August 31, 2011 08:45AM

Thanks for ressurrecting this four year old post, "Larry".

Re: I got a parking ticket right in front of my house
Posted by: Jeffrey ()
Date: July 28, 2014 04:20PM

Two young kids working for parking control gave three tickets in front of my house, all properly parked at the curb. No law against it, not posted. I told them to pound sand. I have to wonder how many people just pay them because of fear or lack of knowledge

Posted by: Gunlover ()
Date: July 28, 2014 04:41PM

That's a damn shame

Never Run Out of Ammo

Guns Don't Kill People. People Kill People

Them or You

The two most important days in your life are the day your were born and and the day you find out why

Posted by: xVXK4 ()
Date: July 28, 2014 05:34PM

I'm tired of criminals and other scofflaws getting on this site and complaining about getting caught breaking the law.

So, OP, please leave Fairfax. Now. Thank you.

Posted by: Rent a Cop ()
Date: July 28, 2014 08:54PM

Three young kids?

So does Fairfax Police hire summer interns to write tickets for expired tags and inspections?

Posted by: denizen 22030 b ()
Date: July 29, 2014 03:23PM

what officer ? officer's phone #, citation number

pics or it didn't happen. i don't beleive you

did he come on your property and steal your license plates too ?

Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: July 29, 2014 06:33PM

why these old threads?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.