HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 19
Collusion by School Board Member Liz Bradsher for Political Gain
Posted by: TaxpayersBeware ()
Date: October 17, 2010 09:13PM

Parents and taxpayers - look at the threads below - Liz Bradsher colluding with parents from Springfield because she made a deal with the devil (Tisdadt) - if she closes Clifton, he'll bump up West Springfield High in the renovation queue and she'll nail those votes from Springfield. I wonder how Langley, TJ and Falls Church parents feel about this?

Sent: Thu Jul 08 21:26:43 2010
Subject: RE: Tonite's Meeting
You got 2011 tonight. Are we OK?

Elizabeth T. Bradsher
Fairfax County School Board
Springfield District
Phone: (571) 296-1875
Debora L. Cain, Executive Administrative Assistant
Phone: (571) 423-1070

Now that Clifton kids need somewhere to go to school, Tisdadt says he will build additions, yes, to a tune of $15 million. So he just cost the taxpayers $4 million MORE dollars because of his little socio-economic balancing experiment. And the West Springfield parents seem to believe everyting Lizzie tells them and could care less that she is screwing 400 kids for HER political posturing. It's all in the emails circulating throughout the county.

Here is Liz ASKING parents to write her emails, DIRECTING them what to write to her to get their renovation:

To: 'em.hawkins@verizon.net'
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: SOAR Leadership - WSHS - Conf Call Wed 6/23 @ 3PM?
Eric
It would be helpful if SOAR drafted a letter requesting
the Board make prudently fiscal decisions when considering renovatoion
needs. You don't have to mention a specific school, just positively
refer to wise renovation based decisions which will have impacts on
future projects. This will tell members: #1. SOAR remains intouch with
the current issues and #2 SOAR continues to seek earlier bonding for
WSHS.
Liz

To: 'Erik & Mary Hawkins' , 'Monique Craft'
, "'Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)'"
, 'Lynn Smith' , 'Leslie Carlin'
, 'Paul Wardinski' , 'Paul
Liberty'
CC: 'Erik Work'
Subject: RE: FEC Press Statement: Vote to Close Clifton ES - PRESS
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:29:25 -0400
This is very similar to the fallout from the Western boundary study which gave birth to Fairfax Caps….this group will have (already has) an antagonistic agenda towards staff/board while staff/school board seem to be on SOAR’s side which is a conflict IMHO for SOAR to join up with FEC…
I reiterate IMHO it is time for the “game behind the game†in which Liz works in conjunction with those meeting with Dean & Kevin quietly to advocate for WSHS bond in 2011. I thing being “quietly effective†will yield more results then being “loud and confrontational†as FEC et. al. are and will be.
I think it is also important to keep up the meetings with the school board members for educational purposes…for Hone and Evans would suggest you do without Liz’s involvement. Especially for Evans as a district SB it would be good to know which of her schools might be moved up in the renovation queue do to economic factors and potentially any savings from Clifton ES.
But I would maintain my steer clear advice…we used the “noise†of the western boundary study to “quietly†get SCMS positioned…
Rob Robertory

To: 'Erik & Mary Hawkins' ; Chadwell, Laura G; Christine Morin ; Erik Work ; Leslie Carlin ; Lorey Goerlinger ; Lynn Smith ; Monique Craft ; Nancy Knickerbocker ; Paul Liberty ; Wardinski, Paul A.; Rob Robertory
Cc: Cain, Debora L.
Sent: Fri Jul 09 18:21:45 2010
Subject: RE: Updated SOAR Website & Next Steps
Erik,
Nicely stated.
Just schedule a meeting with Deb Cain, my Executive Assistant, at the SB office. She will place it on my calendar. I will try to talk to Deb before I go to inform her about this meeting and ask for her assistance. I am leaving town for awhile but will be back in a week or so. We, the SB, take the month of August off but I am in town due to sports and kids. We can always meet then too when things slow down a bit. Then again many go on vacation in August.

I believe, as of last night, WSHS will be on the 2011 bond. When the CIP is reviewed you will see this in print. The economy is a factor in this but they have also fast tracked some projects due to savings, etc. I think a meeting will help all to understand better. I suggest maybe a late afternoon meeting with Dean and Kevin if you would like at WSHS.

Liz

Elizabeth T. Bradsher

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Collusion by School Board Member Liz Bradsher for Political Gain
Posted by: snackbit ()
Date: October 17, 2010 09:53PM

Surely TaxpayersBeware, you are making this up. I have heard there is a lot of horse trading in the back room but Bradsher's actions have brought this trading to the front line.

Now, we can better understand what Gibson meant the night Bradsher made the motion to close Clifton when he said to Bradsher (and public) that it was no secret that this whole thing was about getting renovation $$$ for West Springfield High School.

What is really sad is that so many Clifton folks believed their school board representative....Bradsher.....was working with them to help at least defer the decision to close Clifton for some time.

Has this ever happened before where one School Board member is playing nice with one community and stabbing in the back another community?

WSHS principal in DEEP &%*#
Posted by: She's BAACCKK! ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:23PM

SOCO B**** setting new lows - this hit inbox!

WSHS principal in DEEP &%*# - scandal caca is going to hit the fan - does this admit a setup on SCMS, too?!
Attachments:
FCPS scandal bradsher WSHS principal and more.png

Posted by: BoundaryStudy ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:28PM

So it sounds like the Southwestern Regional Planning Study (which wasted a lot of people's time and taxpayer money) was basically a farce. Looks like the boundary study that is coming up is too because it looks like they already started working on it back in July! The parents with the kids at the other schools involved in the Boundary Study are fools if they think that the decisions about their schools haven't already been made. The only real input they are going to have is on election day.

To: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Sent: Wed Jul 21 12:45:03 2010
Subject: RE: attendance list
No worries ôª½ meeting at 1 with Toms Italiano and Mantzoros to look at best options for Clifton based on transportation routes

Fire Pelosi AND Bradsher
Posted by: WHO is Denise James?? ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:59PM

WHO is denise james and how come she gets to pick where kids go to school?

I don't get it - why did they do a planning study or how come they 're going to do boundary changing study if they are just going to pick where to send kids based on a freaking bus route?

While we're at it - who's Toms Italiano and Mantzoros?
I think I am pissed and confused. Waiting to see info to see if more one than other.

Posted by: disgusted ()
Date: October 18, 2010 12:28AM

Hello! Fiscal conservative? Are you kidding me? Trade in Clifton just to bump WSHS up the renovation queue and then spend Virgnia taxpayers money anwyay on expensive additions to compensate for the bad decision! This wasn't just about Clifton- there are numerous other schools involved! Of course, what does Delegate Dave Albo care - these schools aren't in his District but West Springfield High School is! This makes it look like Dave is completely insensitive to all the elementary age school childrens lives this is going to impact so long as his area is taken care of! Disgusting!

------Original Message------
Subject:
Re: Sound bites
Sent: Jul 14, 2010 4:33 PM
Take care and thank you---I have received many emails thanking me.
You will get more votes for doing the fiscal conservative tough decision
than you will from losing votes in Clifton. And in Clifton, the only votes
you lose are the 300 families with students in the school. If you figure
that 40% of those are Dems who would never vote for you, you are only losing
180 households. You gain much much more than that AND you establish your
"TeaParty" credentials.

Posted by: disgusted too ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:12AM

I hope everyone remembers Liz Bradsher's name and votes her out of any office she runs for whether she decides to be a republican or democrat. She is so involved in her own political gain that she has lost sight of how her votes effect the children and families she is supposed to represent. I am glad people are staring to expose her "back room deals". She needs to be called out on these.

Who's in charge at FCPS?!
Posted by: Woodson Supporter ()
Date: October 18, 2010 10:43AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/15/AR2010101505444_Comments.html

FairfaxGOPr wrote:
Paul Regnier is complaining about not getting positive (any) press from the Post - that is HILARIOUS!
You know the reputation of Fairfax County Public Schools is on the cliff with Jack Dale and School Board driving them over the edge with their 4th lawsuit in just under 3 years, slapped by Richmond for abuse of alternate standardized tests, closing the school Obama visited and declared a success story, closing the historic top school in the county, enraging Woodson parents over trying to sneak a massive bus complex onto their campus and infuriating the Board of Supervisors time and again and who knows what else. Regnier crying for coverage - what? All the negative local stories getting to you and you need the cozy relationship of the Post to come to your rescue.
The corrupt reign of Dale and school board is OVER. Get used to the negative press - it is commensurate with your performance.
10/17/2010 12:06:19 PM

Posted by: FairTax ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:46PM

Go Liz! Keep digging that hole on your own and no one will have to work to beat you in 2011 wherever you decide to run. Remember, change is good! Oh wait, the Dems don't want you either. Scratch that.

Re: Who's in charge at FCPS?!
Posted by: say ()
Date: October 18, 2010 09:26PM

Woodson Supporter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...enraging Woodson parents over trying to
> sneak a massive bus complex onto their campus...

"Massive"? Fifty buses ain't "massive".

Go to the West Ox, Newington, or Stonecroft facilities, with 200-400 buses at each. That's massive.

I'd bet South County has close to 50 buses parked smack out front. Lots at Kilmer Middle, and many other schools have dozens of buses parked. School buses are NOT out of place at a school. Most sane people EXPECT to see school buses at a fucking school! It's like they're proposing to park trash trucks there.

Posted by: hsparent ()
Date: October 18, 2010 11:39PM

snackbit Wrote:
>
> Has this ever happened before where one School
> Board member is playing nice with one community
> and stabbing in the back another community?

Kathy Smith in the West County Boundary Study........

Re: Who's in charge at FCPS?!
Posted by: 51buses ()
Date: October 19, 2010 01:07AM

Hey, 'say' says:
>"Massive"? Fifty buses ain't "massive".

>Go to the West Ox, Newington, or Stonecroft facilities, with 200-400 buses at >each. That's massive.

You moron - 51 buses is massive for a school campus that has already been taken over by FCPS (Tistadt) on 236 at the intersection of Pickett where over 400 fuel tankers pass through every week.
51 buses are over a half-mile long.
51 buses means 51 personal vehicles.
51 buses = killing/maiming a student crossing 236 = it's just a matter of time (though Tessie Wilson couldn't give a crap based on her RIDICULOUS 'representation' last week)
51 buses means cutting down all those trees that buffer businesses across the street
51 buses means reducing ingress/egress for parents, teachers and staff

GET IT?!

Posted by: A Riot ()
Date: October 19, 2010 04:26PM

A Riot - just don't know what kind, funny or revolutionary.

Do any - ANY? - SB members comply with this?!

Board Member Code of Conduct
The Board commits itself and its members to ethical, businesslike and lawful conduct, including proper use of authority and appropriate decorum when acting as Board members.
1. Each member has the obligation to bring constituent issues or new initiatives to the Board or the Superintendent, depending on whether the issue involves the Board’s role or the Superintendent’s role. However, each Board member is obligated to act in the best interest of the school system as a whole. This obligation supersedes:
a. any conflicting loyalty a member may have to other advocacy or interest groups;
b. loyalty based upon membership on other boards or staffs;
c. conflicts based upon the personal interest of any Board member or any member of their family; or
d. any obligation to represent a particular constituency or subset of the county.
2. Board members may not attempt to exercise individual authority over the organization:
a. members will refer complaints back into the system, with notification to the Superintendent. Although members may assist constituents in navigating the system, members will not take personal responsibility for reaching any particular resolution;
b. members will not give personal direction to any part of the operational organization;
c. when speaking on behalf of the Board, members will communicate only explicitly-stated Board decisions.
3. To build trust among members and to ensure an environment conducive to effective governance, members will:
a. focus on issues rather than personalities;
b. respect decisions of the full Board;
c. exercise honesty in all written and interpersonal interaction, never intentionally misleading or misinforming each other;
d. recognize the positive and negative aspects of dissent and shall refrain from public criticism of the motives, thinking, and philosophy of other members but may make their own views clear when in disagreement with a publicly stated opinion of the Board;
e. not publicly disparage the superintendent or staff;
f. make every reasonable effort to protect the integrity and promote the positive image of the system and one another;
g. never intentionally embarrass each other or the school system.

Adopted: December 7, 2006 Effective: January 1, 2007 Last Revised: December 17, 2009

Members shall maintain confidentiality appropriate to sensitive issues and information that otherwise may tend to compromise the integrity or legal standing of the Board or the school system, especially those matters discussed in closed session. If, for any reason, a School Board member prefers not to participate in a confidential discussion that is authorized or has a conflict of interest with the subject under discussion, he or she should leave the meeting before it begins.
5. Avoid conflicts of interest and the use of School Board membership for personal gain or even the appearance of impropriety, which can result from that position. A School Board member should exclude himself or herself from discussion or votes on subjects pertaining to a potential conflict of interest in accordance with the State and Local Government Conflict of Interest Act.

Posted by: those evil dogooder smiles ()
Date: October 19, 2010 04:43PM

Hilarious. I think this tells you all you need to know. They should tear this piece of paper to shreds and just have at it. "Patty cake" show should be over. We want the real facts no matter how "embarrassing". Rules like this never cause anyone to be ethical---they just hide the dirt.

What a joke.

Posted by: The Fix Was In ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:26PM

anyone still think the FCPS fix wasn't in for CES?
now, chairman kathy smith is involved. oh, and dean tistadt. oh, wait - there's more. jack dale is now in on the fix. superintendent pressuring sb member to vote against ces.
no - it was all based on 'facts'.
time for investigation. audit. 'a cleanse'?
Attachments:
Clipart FCPS Wilson and Smith to Bradsher we are watching your back.jpg

Posted by: One up you ()
Date: October 19, 2010 07:48PM

not sure why we have two threads - all are equally disturbing.
repost from WTW hijackers thread.
Attachments:
Clipart Tistadt eating out of our hands.jpg

Posted by: Justice S ()
Date: October 19, 2010 09:04PM

The Fix Was In Wrote:

> time for investigation. audit. 'a cleanse'?

Somewhere in this great county of ours must live an FBI employee who can start a racketeering investigation based on the information revealed in these e-mails. Subpoena the school board and FCPS records that are not FOIA releasable and learn the entire story. Convene a grand jury and force them to tell the truth. Follow the money to its source.

Do this and Bradsher, Wilson, and Tisdadt might have to resign before election day/retirement date.

Or maybe get the WashPo to investigate... Pulitzer Prize material here if they can grab it.

Posted by: WP ()
Date: October 19, 2010 10:44PM

Justice S Wrote:
> The Fix Was In Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > time for investigation. audit. 'a cleanse'?
>
> Somewhere in this great county of ours must live
> an FBI employee who can start a racketeering
> investigation based on the information revealed in
> these e-mails. Subpoena the school board and FCPS
> records that are not FOIA releasable and learn the
> entire story. Convene a grand jury and force them
> to tell the truth. Follow the money to its
> source.
>
> Do this and Bradsher, Wilson, and Tisdadt might
> have to resign before election day/retirement
> date.
>
> Or maybe get the WashPo to investigate... Pulitzer
> Prize material here if they can grab it.

The Washington Post is nothing more than a branch of the FCPS PR Department and a lot of parents know it so they don't even care about what that paper says anymore with regard to FCPS!

Posted by: NoToLiz ()
Date: October 19, 2010 10:46PM

Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:37 AM
To: James, Denise
Subject: Re: attendance list
I agree and will call you. Boundaries bring about special interests and of course parochial interests. I was somewhat taken back at the # of PTA/PTO presidents there last night. My initial hope was such a volunteer would be a parent or citizen that was not a leader in the PTA, etc., rather a citizen interested in the issue and process who cared to
get involve.
The County Council, Ramona Morrow, is now involved and I think this is a conflict of interest to a certain extent. She was a Lake Braddock parent but is now the President of the County Council. I am not saying she might not be a good committee member it just seems to me to be a conflict.
Liz

What a load of crap!! Do you think that maybe Liz's reasoning for saying Ramona Morrow is a conflict is not because she is on the County Council but really because Ramona Morrow RAN AGAINST LIZ BRADHSER IN HER 2007 ELECTION FOR SPRINGFIELD DISTRICT BOARD OF EDUCATION!

Posted by: Pick Non-FRM kids to move HS?? ()
Date: October 20, 2010 01:57AM

is it legalto plot and to handpick kids and target them for moving highschools just because they aren't 'poor' or declare for FRM on some sheet of paper they may or may not qualify for b/c mom & dad write it down?

so fcps can hand select to move kids around just based on what mom or dad declare in income? isn't this profiling? who is responsible for this? i see bradsheer but annandale and others, are they even in her district? what is her problem and why is she picking on annandale-doesn't she have enough satifaction picking on clifton? get away from our school troll. if i can't find people to vote you out i'll spend every penny i have to get you on a bus to alabama wher they decide school attendance on desgregation - fairfax is fine without your dirty hands.
Attachments:
Clipart bradsher aftergut 500 kids move from annandale not FRM.jpg

Posted by: SCparent ()
Date: October 20, 2010 06:59AM

FYI,Liz Bradshers real name is the South County Bitch. She has been screwing groups/kids for the last eight years. She only cares about her kids.

Posted by: hsparent ()
Date: October 20, 2010 07:28AM

My question - how are we able to see these e-mails? You has acess to this stuff? Is there a "whistleblower" at fcps?

Posted by: FairTax ()
Date: October 20, 2010 09:36AM

You are seeing these emails it appears because someone (likely the Clifton crew that is suing FCPS) has requested the information through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Posted by: Speculator ()
Date: October 20, 2010 09:47AM

hsparent Wrote:
> My question - how are we able to see these
> e-mails? You has acess to this stuff? Is there a
> "whistleblower" at fcps?

I think someone just made a request under the state Freedom of Information Act for the records. Or maybe they were obtained in connection with the Clifton lawsuit?

What's interesting, though, is that FCPS turned them over. Usually government bodies come up with all sorts of excuses to avoid producing such documents. Whoever turned them over was clearly not looking to protect Liz.

The tone of the e-mails is disgusting. The School Board members come across as amateur, illiterate and gossipy. Very scary to think they make decisions that affect our kids.

Posted by: InTheKnow ()
Date: October 20, 2010 10:47AM

Emails not acquired through lawsuit-Emails not acquired by plaintiffs

Many requests have come into FCPS from people who have nothing to do with Clifton Elementary.

Elected officials and public school systems are run with public dollars - any resident or citizen has a right to inspect this information onsite or pay for copies of it. Seems like a LOT MORE requests need to go in from taxpayers.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+2.2-3700
http://www.opengovva.org/
http://foiacouncil.dls.virginia.gov/

Date: October 20, 2010 01:21PM

I'd love to see the Washington Post do a good article or series examining these e-mails and the petty intrigue among School Board members and staff.

But it will probably never happen. The Post is cutting back on its staff, and the staff that is still there is both completely oriented towards DC and Maryland and sufficiently knee-jerk liberal that it will assume there's an excellent reason for any decision that results in closing a school like Clifton ES.

Posted by: are you kidding me? ()
Date: October 20, 2010 02:27PM

I am confused by Ms. Bradsher-aka republican-intense interest in socioeconomic balancing of our schools. It seems inconsistent with her past actions when she was picking and choosing who got to attend her country club school South County. She made sure as many families were pulled from the "inferior" schools surrounding SOCO-Lee, MT Vernon, Hayfield.

Now of course those schools are underenrolled and SOCO is busting out. Then she demands a middle school be built-ahead of other schools who have been waiting FORTY years for renovations (Langley, TJ and West Springfield) at the tune of $55 million bucks.

Is this the new breed of fiscal conservativism in the republican party?

If so, you guys are in trouble.

Liz- if you want to close a school that is underenrolled-close the ONE school IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!!

That's right-Silverbrook Elem-expected to be at 75% capacity-lowest usage of ANY school in the county.

But no, why harm your community? Keep raping and pillaging neighboring communities.

You sicken us-you are toxic-please resign.

Posted by: Fairfax Times letter ()
Date: October 20, 2010 02:34PM

Liz Bradsher's response to a letter from Janet Otersen is in the Fairfax Times today. Classic spin--painting anyone who disagrees with her as having no facts.

There's also an article about the proposed bus depot at Woodson High School, and the parents' hysteria at having school buses parked at...a SCHOOL!

Posted by: Oldie but Goodie ()
Date: October 21, 2010 01:51PM

to connection newspapers mike o'connell:

Mike:
You know how you can keep watching a good movie over and over again and still enjoy it?
Well, this letter is just so good, I can keep reading it all day, every day.
Your readership deserves an encore, a retrospective of 'great letters of the Connection's past connecting to the present and future'.

Maybe with a tag line of how much the Clifton community FINALLY agrees with Liz Bradsher? Wouldn't have believed this unless I saw it with my own eyes!
http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=280209&paper=72&cat=110

The School Board and the FCPS system must come to terms with the definition of what is a "community school" and "ownership of one's school." It appears the public, the School Board and school system all differ with respect to the basic philosophical definitions as well as the perceptions of these two terms. The public deserves an accountable boundary process. A process that is well defined with ranked criteria and addresses the issue of "ownership," perception, proximity, as well as community history. To refrain from addressing these issues is selling the public short. I don't think the public/parents of this county deserve that, do you?

Posted by: Too Kind ()
Date: October 21, 2010 02:25PM

This is a little more like it:
Attachments:
Liz Bradsher slogan.png

Posted by: Agreed! Go Liz Go ()
Date: October 21, 2010 02:43PM

are you kidding me? Wrote:
> I am confused by Ms. Bradsher-aka
> republican-intense interest in socioeconomic
> balancing of our schools. It seems inconsistent
> with her past actions when she was picking and
> choosing who got to attend her country club school
> South County. She made sure as many families were
> pulled from the "inferior" schools surrounding
> SOCO-Lee, MT Vernon, Hayfield.
>
> Now of course those schools are underenrolled and
> SOCO is busting out. Then she demands a middle
> school be built-ahead of other schools who have
> been waiting FORTY years for renovations (Langley,
> TJ and West Springfield) at the tune of $55
> million bucks.
>
> Is this the new breed of fiscal conservativism in
> the republican party?
>
> If so, you guys are in trouble.
>
> Liz- if you want to close a school that is
> underenrolled-close the ONE school IN YOUR
> NEIGHBORHOOD!!
>
> That's right-Silverbrook Elem-expected to be at
> 75% capacity-lowest usage of ANY school in the
> county.
>
> But no, why harm your community? Keep raping and
> pillaging neighboring communities.
>
> You sicken us-you are toxic-please resign.
Attachments:
Silverbrook ES 2014-15 capacity.png

Posted by: Oh Liz and Larry! ()
Date: October 21, 2010 04:55PM

Waiting for the SNL skit...
Attachments:
larry the fairly confident demographer spicoli.png

Posted by: Unwise Liz ()
Date: October 21, 2010 05:33PM

Spin away, Liz - spin away.

Who are you going to "CRIPPLE AT THE KNEES" next?!
Attachments:
Bradsher unwise to count other zip codes.png

Posted by: Dean's Gal ()
Date: October 21, 2010 11:05PM

and the palsy-walsy fix continues:
Attachments:
Lizzie keg liz.png

Posted by: Mr. Fairly Confident ()
Date: October 22, 2010 02:08AM

doo doo da doo - doo doo da doo - doo doo da doo

"It's Lar-r-y, the fair-lyyyy CON-FI-DENT de-mo-graph---e-rrrrrrr!"

Welcoming FCPS' cast of characters back to the stage in the Larry & Liz Show - this dropped in my box and too too good (bad).

Larry - hit palm to forehead & say "OOOPPS!" - another '20124' only set of data. Bang up job, all. Cheerio.

From: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member) [ETBradsher@fcps.edu]
CC:
BCC:
Sent: 6/28/2010 7:41:23 PM
Subject: Re: Housing Sales

Attachments:

Coincidence?

To: Tistadt, Dean
Cc: Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member)
Sent: Mon Jun 28 19:30:28 2010
Subject: FW: Housing Sales

This from Larry late last week - Charlie Rau indicated that 36 students
were registered for kindergarten for this fall - today it seems to up
already

Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 1:59 PM
Subject: Housing Sales

Total housing sales in the Clifton, Union Mill and part of Willow
Springs areas (20124 zip code) for March, April and May of the following
years:

2005 59
2006 56
2007 41
2008 36
2009 29
2010 51

How many of those houses sold were actually of retirees moving out and
being replaced with younger families moving in?

Larry

Posted by: FCPS gone mad? ()
Date: October 22, 2010 03:21AM

Quid Pro...Queue

Dale must be so proud, his babes have all grown up to be just like him.
Attachments:
Goddard to Bradsher go home and get gift from kathy.PNG

Posted by: A Riot! ()
Date: October 22, 2010 08:53PM

School Board holds

Closed Door Session

at October 21st business meeting

to discuss transparency issues of

FOIAs regarding open government!

Posted by: What? ()
Date: October 22, 2010 09:50PM

A Riot! Wrote:
> School Board holds
>
> Closed Door Session
>
> at October 21st business meeting
>
> to discuss transparency issues of
>
> FOIAs regarding open government!

Aren't there rules that determine when they are allowed to hold closed door sessions? Isn't holding a closed door session about Freedom of Information Act requests a violation of the rules?

Posted by: SayWHAT?! ()
Date: October 22, 2010 10:02PM

Ok - had enough - been too quite on this subject
Knew = now it is all in b+w

Bradsher - You are officially crippled at the knees.
Attachments:
gibson to bradsher no support ces and th amendment.png

Posted by: Rich ()
Date: October 22, 2010 10:22PM

What? Wrote:
> A Riot! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > School Board holds
> >
> > Closed Door Session
> >
> > at October 21st business meeting
> >
> > to discuss transparency issues of
> >
> > FOIAs regarding open government!
>
>
> Aren't there rules that determine when they are
> allowed to hold closed door sessions? Isn't
> holding a closed door session about Freedom of
> Information Act requests a violation of the rules?

This is rich. Here it is. "In accordance with the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, closed meetings are held ONLY for consideration of certain student, personnel, property, and legal matters." So did they violate FOIA to talk about FOIAs?

Posted by: Get the Popcorn ()
Date: October 22, 2010 10:42PM

and a barf bag...

How do any of these people sleep at night?
You could have worked to get what you wanted by advocating with grace and cooperation but chose devoid of all morals?

This is the leadership of your community WSHS - and School Board. And FCPS.
What has happened to FFX Cty?

Message File name: FW MEETING NOTES 6 23 SOAR Leadership Conf Call.msg

CC:
BCC:
Sent: 7/1/2010 7:19:32 AM
Subject: FW: MEETING NOTES: 6/23 SOAR Leadership Conf Call

Attachments:

Liz—

FYI below.

Must have been an interesting meeting with you and Pat.

Let’s do lunch or a beer after I return next week if you have time. I know I talked with Jane Lipp and she would like to get together as well.
we both love your support and feel badly for all you have had to go through between the budget and Clifton.

Hang in there.

PAW

Paul A. Wardinski
Principal
West Springfield High School
6100 Rolling Road

Springfield, Virginia 22152
paul.wardinski@fcps.edu

Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:17 AM
To: 'Erik & Mary Hawkins'; Leslie Carlin; Chadwell, Laura G
Subject: RE: MEETING NOTES: 6/23 SOAR Leadership Conf Call

Erik--

If the PTSA sends me something from them to send to the community from them to support SOAR’s email effort, encouraging them to go to your website, etc., I think, even though it is a gray area, we could send it.
It must be from Laurie, the new PTSA President, and very clear this is from her and the PTSA and not the school nor an outside group. It must be positive and must not mention any other school in a negative fashion, only supporting overall CIP efforts and WSHS.

Thanks from Hershey on y way to Cape Cod—

PAW

Paul A. Wardinski
Principal
West Springfield High School
6100 Rolling Road
Springfield, Virginia 22152
paul.wardinski@fcps.edu
From: Erik & Mary Hawkins [mailto:em.hawkins@verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:49 PM
To: Christian Deschauer; Chadwell, Laura G; Rob Robertory; Paul Liberty; Nancy Knickerbocker; Monique Craft; Lynn Smith; Lorey Goerlinger; Christine Morin; Leslie Carlin; Wardinski, Paul A.; Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member); Hawkins, Erik; Pat Herrity
Subject: Re: MEETING NOTES: 6/23 SOAR Leadership Conf Call

Hi Team,

Here are meeting notes from last week's call:
* Attending: Erik, Liz, Pat, Monique, Laurie, Christian, Lynn, Paul L
* Liz provided key July dates of CIP-impacting SB/Staff action:
July 8 - SB vote on Clifton ES/Southwestern Study; 7/19 Work Session -
Facilities Staff will provide the SB a detailed CIP readout/status update
* Pat shared that at a recent BOS meeting, he recommended that "The BOS and the SB should work together to accelerate CIP projects including "design build" planning
* Liz shared that FCPS staff had replied via email earlier on 6/23 that "design build" planning would not work for renovation projects but might be an option for new construction
* A lot of discussion followed between Liz and Pat over both this issue as well as the Clifton ES issue and they referenced a meeting that was to be held later that day
* Erik also asked Liz for recommendations and advice on what SOAR can do now given the CIP SB/Staff activity happening in July. She replied that SOAR should execute an email campaign to SB members that without mentioning any specific schools or projects (Clifton ES), we request that the SB make prudent fiscal CIP decisions given the reality
that the CIP is underfunded and CIP budget is very constrained. And that this email campaign needs to be done now before 7/8 and that SB members are getting a lot of emails from the Clifton community.
* And Liz advised that the West Springfield community needs to get this message across to the SB and needs to make its community voice heard amid all the other messages SB members are receiving on the SW County issues.
* Time is of the essence to get this message across over the next week with the July 4th holiday in the middle.
* Attached (see page 2) is a WS community email that I will release tonight to our entire SOAR distro (WS community + all SB + Facilities FCPS Staff + Herrity/Bulova/Cook BOS + media). The purpose of this email will be to reengage our community and also to let SB know that we are aware of and watching SW Study developments.
* I will then repurpose this email over the next day or so to send an "Open Letter to the School Board" from SOAR. I can send that draft for review but want to try to get this sent by Sat AM at the latest.
* Then I think since we do not have a lot of time, can each of us send an email to 2, 3, 5 or however many personal friends/neighbors/contacts asking them to send emails with this same message to all SB members at the email address schoolboardmembers@fcps.edu? I think this is the most effective way to get WS community emails sent quickly and on message and I do not have time to educate and motivate the entire WS community to send SB emails on the SW issue that is probably under the radar for the vast majority
of our community. I think if each of us send a targeted personal email to friends/neighbors, etc, we can get our WS community message across quickly and effectively and can at least get our community voice heard to the SB in advance of the July 8 Clifton ES/SW Study vote. Thoughts?
Leslie has already done this and her email is copied below. I will do something similar probably late Fri or Sat AM at the latest.
* Also at the 6/23 meeting, we agreed to schedule SOAR face-to-face meetings with SB members Reed and Evans (new to SB to educate on CIP, meet & greet, etc) and BOS Herrity, Bulova and Cook – to follow up on meetings last summer when they requested that we keep them informed. Paul L will help me schedule those in July.

Thanks, Erik

--------------------------------
Leslie's email:

Hey everyone…I hope you’re having a good summer so far (hope Bermuda, Myrtle Beach, Cape Cod and other beaches were/are fun!!). I’m asking for your help with getting WSHS renovated as soon as possible!!!!

We REALLY need to SEND the SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS as many emails as possible regarding the WSHS RENOVATION. As some of you know, many people spoke to the School Board last night about renovating Clifton Elementary. Without mentioning Clifton at all, we need to be vocal about WSHS once again, and remind the SB that we are still waiting for a much needed, much anticipated renovation.

I am attaching a sample text that you can use directly, or if you’d like to amend/change it, that would work also. I’m sure Erik will be sending something as well. In order for the message to go to all of the members, please use schoolboardmembers@fcps.edu. PLEASE PLEASE let’s keep WSHS in the forefront … there is a possibility that we can move to be on the bond in 2011….that is next year!!!! So please send this to
your neighbors, friends, relatives, and anyone else, and have them send it to the school board. Let’s get WSHS renovated ASAP!! The vote is on July 8, so the sooner, the better.

Thanks, Leslie

Dear Fairfax County School Board Members (schoolboardmembers@fcps.edu.)

This letter is to remind you that WEST SPRINGFIELD HIGH SCHOOL is
in desperate need of renovation. I encourage you to please take the most fiscally responsible action and use the scarce capital funds available to renovate WSHS and other LEGACY high schools that are in dire need of renovation as soon as possible. As you are aware, WSHS is already over capacity and is projected to be over capacity by several
hundred more students in three to four years. WSHS, its facilities and amenities are outdated, in disrepair and are inadequate—they do not meet current educational specifications, especially in science, technology and music. The school is used by thousands of students, community members and the county on a 24-7 basis. As a community-use school, WSHS serves so many people -- funding this renovation is a sound and responsible financial move.

As the current economic state continues to positively impact the CIP, causing project bids to come in under budget projections, I hope you will take the steps that result in the most significant cost savings and the most prudent use of money for FCPS students. We appreciate your careful and sensible consideration of all renovation proposals. Thank
you –

----- Original Message -----

To: Erik & Mary Hawkins ; Bradsher, Elizabeth (School Board Member) ; Wardinski, Paul A. ; Leslie Carlin ; Christine Morin ; Lorey Goerlinger ; Lynn Smith ; Monique Craft
; Nancy Knickerbocker ; Paul Liberty ; Rob Robertory ; Chadwell, Laura G

Cc: Christian Deschauer ; Cain, Debora L.
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 10:53 AM
Subject: REMINDER: SOAR Leadership Conf Call Today @ 3PM

Team, FYI

Just a quick reminder that we've teed up a conference call for today @ 3PM for whoever is available to discuss a SOAR advocacy strategy in advance of the July CIP happenings - decisions on the Southwestern Study, Staff readout of a CIP update, etc.

Conference Call Details:

Dial In: 866-746-9442 Then enter passcode: 599-2311# You will then probably hear a message: "The leader passcode has already been entered. You will be joined as a participant."
I'd like to discuss the attached doc and Liz has also suggested the following (email below). I only have an hour and need to be done by 4PM.

Thanks, Erik
----- Original Message -----

To: 'em.hawkins@verizon.net'
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: SOAR Leadership - WSHS - Conf Call Wed 6/23 @ 3PM?

Eric
It would be helpful if SOAR drafted a letter requesting the Board make prudently fiscal decisions when considering renovatoion needs. You don't have to mention a specific school, just positively refer to wise renovation based decisions which will have impacts on
future projects. This will tell members: #1. SOAR remains intouch with the current issues and #2 SOAR continues to seek earlier bonding for WSHS.

Liz

Date: October 23, 2010 12:20AM

Liz:
How is that "to do list" coming?

Dave - what gives?
Attachments:
Albo to Bradsher Tea Party Credentials.png

Posted by: boundary screwed ()
Date: October 23, 2010 12:29AM

And so we begin the screwing of the rest of fairfax county -

The 'got screwed by fcps' club is accepting new membership

Option A MOVES 28 boundaries!
Option B MOVES 26 boundaries!
Option C MOVES 18 boundaries!

http://www.fcps.edu/fts/planning/southwesternstudy/index.htm

Posted by: confused ()
Date: October 23, 2010 01:22AM

how are we supposed to figure this out on such short notice? email came with information at 10:16 pm friday
what is the point of a study if it is just a multiple choice answer?
is this american idol or survivor and we are just voting off communities that have been together?
this is very confusing since don't seem to understand where the engaging of the community is in this plan.
is there something else that will take place?
Attachments:
Maps available KIT message friday oct 22 1016 pm.png

Posted by: UH Duh ()
Date: October 23, 2010 10:08AM

Of course high schools and middle schools will be considered. Where do they expect the kids to go when they finish 6th grade?

Posted by: Interesting stuff ()
Date: October 23, 2010 10:37AM

Very interesting and disturbing stuff all around. I am an admitted novice in the realm of FOIA and am surprised that this much info is available. How does it work, can a group simply ask to see all of someone's e-mails? Or are certain keywords (boundary study, Clifton, etc) pulled out and only those e-mails are released?

Date: October 23, 2010 10:55AM

I believe the basic notion is that people have a right to understand how government decisions are made. When people use their fcps.edu e-mail addresses, there is a presumption that they are using them for official business.

There is also a concept of "open government" - members of the public should be allowed to attend meetings to see how official decisions are made. So, if a majority of School Board members are communicating with each other at the same time, the public should be able to observe that. On the other hand, it's not considered to raise an "open government" issue if a School Board member has a one-on-one discussion with another School Board member or member of FCPS staff.

These distinctions all get blurred, however, when people communicate by e-mail. So the closed meeting on 10/21 may have been to get legal advice as to whether the FOIA'd e-mails suggest open government laws have been violated. Alternatively, since the e-mails are so embarassing, they may be getting legal advice on FOIA itself, since many of the School Board members clearly didn't realize that what they were writing might have to be disclosed in response to a FOIA request.

Personally, I don't have any problem with the idea that School Board members can communicate with each other, or with staff, by e-mail about significant issues. I just want to make sure they are doing so in order to make sound decisions, rather than to further the career of a political hack like Liz Bradsher at the expense of kids.

Posted by: We the people ()
Date: October 23, 2010 12:02PM

You are able to read the emails and working documents of any public body.
Good grief folks - no wonder we are backsliding in liberty.
In the very seat of the country's govt & home of founding fathers - it is WE THE PEOPLE.
Think 'John Stossel' - this is YOUR $$$$$$!!

I am very interested to see these - and we better pay attention since we are next for study (shouldn't it just be called Decision?)

PS - I know a person who submitted one of these requests - no skin in game re CES vote - unless you call living in Fairfax County and paying taxes 'skin in the game' [hint: ck out that constitution-y thing]

Posted by: Pants on Fire ()
Date: October 23, 2010 04:10PM

cheaters never prosper

now, say you're sorry
Attachments:
Liz to Albo liar liar liar.png

Posted by: Figure This! ()
Date: October 23, 2010 04:15PM

Has Tistadt READ the Educational Specifications of FCPS?

"It seems it was the thing to do for a period of time. ... We have tried to move away from mega-schools," said Dean Tistadt, chief operating officer of the Fairfax school system.

Tistadt said he had even heard Fairfax's former superintendent from that era express regret about overseeing the construction of the school district's mega-schools.

http://connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=345271&paper=72&cat=104
Attachments:
Clipart FCPS Ed Specs 950 student ES.jpg

Posted by: Conflict of Interest Anyone? ()
Date: October 23, 2010 04:33PM

More conflict, more set up, more fix is in (feel sorry for Annandale), more Board Behavin' Badly.

FPAC is a complete sham(e).

Anything they suggest is now suspect and tainted.
Attachments:
Cassandra Eatmon partying with Bradsher and picked for FPAC what a surprise conflict of interest.png

Posted by: BHP ()
Date: October 23, 2010 09:26PM

best is
'my job is to make sure you do your job, so my jurisDICTION is pretty much in your face'

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: October 23, 2010 10:09PM

One up you Wrote:
> not sure why we have two threads -

Because you stupid anon posters are too idiotic to keep your unintelligible spam all in one thread!

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: Studies by Liz ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:59AM

"Boundary Study Land"- a fairy tale for parents by Liz Bradsher
(FCPS Publishing Company, 2010 reprinteed - over and over again.

It's all unicorns and happily ever after!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/sIeAlhUuPSXxS0Pb

Posted by: UnBramaged ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:09AM

OK - Cary, merge the thread -
There is so much crap on here generated by the
National Honor Society, FCPS Chapter
that it would be great to get all together.

Guess parents and teachers have been so awestruck
by the misdeeds of board and staff, couldn't
see the forest for the trees.

Sound familiar? Spam? hardly. More like scandal.

And Jack came tumbling down...

Posted by: The Fix Was In ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:40AM

Don't know what to say.
Attachments:
Re MEETING NOTES 6-23 SOAR Leadership Conf Call.png

Posted by: TooCozy ()
Date: October 24, 2010 10:00AM

This is getting weirder by the day. WHO pays Rob Robertory?!

According to the State Board of Elections, Rob Robertory was a financial contributor to Liz Bradsher's campaign for her current office!

What the hell is going on around there?

Date: October 24, 2010 10:34AM

TooCozy Wrote:
> This is getting weirder by the day. WHO pays Rob
> Robertory?!
>
> According to the State Board of Elections, Rob
> Robertory was a financial contributor to Liz
> Bradsher's campaign for her current office!
>
> What the hell is going on around there?

Particularly since Rob Robertory isn't even in the WSHS district - he lives in a part of Fairfax Station zoned for Silverbrook ES and South County SS.

I'm thinking the prisoners probably made better neighbors for those in Clifton than this bunch of creeps who moved into the South County area and have ever since been totally corrupt.

Posted by: GO AWAY LIZ! ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:05AM

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. Liz Bradsher accusing someone else of being misleading, dishonest and encouraging false public perception. That's rich!

And yes Liz, our students and taxpayers do deserve decisions based upon thoughtful review - not back room deals to advance YOUR POLITICAL CAREER!

BTW, how's that working out for you? Not so well? Awww, what a shame.

Word on the street is that you want to switch parties and become a Dem to run against Herrity for BOS next year. You do realize don't you that it's not like changing your hair color?

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/cms/story.php?id=2343

"Inaccurate op-ed pieces similar to Otersen's serve little -- if any -- benefit to the reader; they are misleading and dishonest, and encourage false public perception. Facts matter, and our students and taxpayers deserve decisions based upon thoughtful review -- not baseless accusations."

Elizabeth T. Bradsher, Fairfax

County School Board, Springfield District

Posted by: Remedial Ed for Liz ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:29AM

"Inaccurate op-ed pieces similar to Otersen's serve little -- if any -- benefit to the reader; they are misleading and dishonest, and encourage false public perception. Facts matter, and our students and taxpayers deserve decisions based upon thoughtful review -- not baseless accusations."

Here is yet another example of Liz Bradsher's garbled prose. Inaccurate op-ed pieces may serve little purpose, or provide little benefit, but no one with any command of the English language would claim they "serve little * * * benefit."

She also accuses the letter writer of lying, but does not seriously rebut the damning chain of e-mails that demonstrate what a hack she is. Perhaps "facts matter" after all. Is it too much to expect an elected School Board official to know how to write a simple letter in her native tongue? Do we ask too much to expect her to make her decisions based on the best available information rather than her political goals?

Date: October 24, 2010 11:49AM

Beware the Liz Troll
Attachments:
Parking for Liz Troll only.png

Posted by: Even Better! ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:04PM

heard the rumor - unreal to actually see it: WOW!
Attachments:
LB toxic asset.png

Posted by: having fun ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:47PM

Herrity is one of the only politicians who can think straight and who is "grounded". Liz is living on her own planet.

She might have a "change in hell" actually---but not sure where else she'll have a change. I love her mistakes.

Posted by: She's BAACCKK! ()
Date: October 24, 2010 04:50PM

Posted by: Ohmy ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:33PM

These email conversations confirm what I suspected. Some of these so-called supporters of education are self-serving, myopic and repugnant. Liz Bradsher is simply using the position to launch herself into a bigger political arena. Do people like this ever see anything beyond their own ambition?

It's really disgusting.

Posted by: MoreQuestions ()
Date: October 24, 2010 08:01PM

Wait a minute! That letter above to the Larsen Family -- Is that Bob Larsen?

Bob Larsen represented Sangster on the Southwestern Regional Planning Committee and was hell bent to close Clifton and people were questioning why. Is that just another friend of hers! Did she know that guy before and just asked him to be on the Committee to represent her ideas?

Posted by: LB BITES ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:33PM

Popcorn and barf bag time kiddos!

YIPPEE!!! FCPS REPRESENTS ME!!! LET'S HEAR IT FOR TRANPAREN-CY!!!

I'm a fiscal conservative! I'm a fiscal conservative!
It's best for all the students of FCPS - all the students - all of them. Really. I mean it. For real. Really real. Pinky promise. No take backs.
Attachments:
Re MEETING NOTES 6-23 SOAR Leadership Conf Call Liz\'s thread.png

Date: October 25, 2010 12:19AM

we were told they weren't making a decision in advance and that they were going to listen.
we were betrayed. they lied to us. all they were doing was counting votes and pushing for closure. we wasted almost a year! nothing mattered except what they wanted. we believed them and tried not to be judgemental or negative.
instead, we got burned by them and now that we find out in their own words, we have to start all over again with fake-y meetings tomorrow saying they are going to be open to our input?
this is criminal.
Attachments:
Re MEETING NOTES 6-23 SOAR Leadership Conf Call Bradsher and Wardinski Votes to Close Clifton.png

Posted by: Just the Facts ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:36AM

the rumors flew but it was just people talking. this is in school board and the fcps staff's own words.
ok maybe about how they 'felt' but thought this was about clifton
it isn't with those options out on boundary changes. nothing makes any sense - nothing is fixed and it just seems to create chaos for thousands of children to what end?
Attachments:
Re Amendment SB and Staff 7-6 and 7-7-10.png

Posted by: 2faced ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:52AM

gatehouse staff and fellow board pattern of indiscretion, questionable ethics and more
Attachments:
Re Amendment SB and Staff 7-6 and 7-7-10 set.png

Posted by: Any Doubt? ()
Date: October 25, 2010 08:54AM

Boundary Study is a sham(e)
FPAC is a sham(e)
Community Engagement is a sham(e)
Attachments:
SOAR letter campaign.png

Posted by: I am speechless ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:48AM

I thank my lucky stars that I don't live in the Springfield district.

Liz Bradsher says she advocated for community schools-now she doesn't. I guess only if they are in her neighborhood.

Liz Bradsher ignores special interest groups saying they are self-serving, but was a leader in South County HS group, strong supporter of the middle school solution group and now SOAR! I guess she means special interest groups that she disagrees with.

Liz Bradsher claims to be a fiscal conservative yet builds a middle school for $55 million that we don't need and votes to build Gatehouse II for the administrators

What happened to this public-private partnership money that was supposed to PAY FOR your high school and middle school? Why are there bonds outstanding for these schools if the private market paid for it? I guess you like the public confused.

Her even considering running for Herrity's seat is a JOKE. She is conniving, selfish and a liar.

Let's hope this is the last we hear about this awful woman.

Date: October 25, 2010 11:36AM

I am speechless Wrote:
> I thank my lucky stars that I don't live in the
> Springfield district.
>
> Liz Bradsher says she advocated for community
> schools-now she doesn't. I guess only if they are
> in her neighborhood.
>
> Liz Bradsher ignores special interest groups
> saying they are self-serving, but was a leader in
> South County HS group, strong supporter of the
> middle school solution group and now SOAR! I guess
> she means special interest groups that she
> disagrees with.
>
> Liz Bradsher claims to be a fiscal conservative
> yet builds a middle school for $55 million that we
> don't need and votes to build Gatehouse II for the
> administrators
>
> What happened to this public-private partnership
> money that was supposed to PAY FOR your high
> school and middle school? Why are there bonds
> outstanding for these schools if the private
> market paid for it? I guess you like the public
> confused.
>
> Her even considering running for Herrity's seat is
> a JOKE. She is conniving, selfish and a liar.
>
> Let's hope this is the last we hear about this
> awful woman.

Unfortunately, if you're in the Sully district, you'll bear the brunt of the back-room deals that Liz has made with Kathy Smith.

Posted by: unbelievable ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:09PM

CRAZY!!!!!1

Posted by: Another PO'd Parent ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:29PM

Now this 'representative' is meddling in OUR planning study??

ENOUGH. TELL BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, BOARD OF EDUCATION, GOVERNOR - IT DOESN'T MATTER. THESE PEOPLE ARE SCREWING WITH OUR FUTURE AND OUR KIDS' FUTURE.
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.
Attachments:
Wilson Bradsher from Aftergut on Annandale Clifton and Southwest Cty Studies.png

Date: October 25, 2010 02:31PM

What a laugh. Seems pretty clear that Mr. Aftergut is sucking up to Liz and Tessie because he has a personal agenda for the Annandale study.

Imagine being so servile that you suck up to Liz and Tessie. Just the thought is pathetic and revolting.

Posted by: Who is this man? ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:32PM

Who the bleepity bleep is this Jeff Aftergut person and why is he running our school district?

Posted by: wait for it.... ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:35PM

...you'll answer your own question in 3-2-1...

Posted by: School Board minutes ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:47PM

The plot thickens-

When I google this guy I get comments from a March 19th SB meeting where he spoke:

"They're expediting it and not giving any options. It seems to me they're letting the community decide who gets moved and who doesn't".

This is about the Annandle/Lake Braddock redistrict PART ONE.

Posted by: MommyLion ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:36PM

WHY WHY WHY is FCPS subjecting nearly 18,000 kids to a boundary change process for overcrowding at a handful of schools?

The devastation to communities begins.
FCPS gets an F in planning.
FCPS gets an F in community engagement.
FCPS gets an F in transparency.
FCPS gets an F in ethics.
Attachments:
SWCO Boundary Study flyer.png

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: October 25, 2010 09:19PM

wait for it.... Wrote:
> ...you'll answer your own question in 3-2-1...

+1

This thread is one or maybe two posters using a bunch of alternate names.

Hence all the unregistered users reposting emails here that mean pretty much nothing.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: readers count ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:24PM

It's not so much the number of posters as the number of readers. I am a reader---as are lots of people I talk to. Of course I am posting that fact now.

Posted by: Lizd ()
Date: October 26, 2010 07:29AM

All this discussion is too little too late....

where was all this angst when our little school in Clifton was being voted to be close?!?! So long as it didn't affect "your" school then who cares, right? Why didn't any of you stopped to think for one moment that it would be only one ES school to be shut down and that it WOULD NOT affect any other school...seriously? Are you all that arrogant? Or is it the perception that only rich kids went to Clifton...yeah right...so now we have 28 schools that are going to be affected by this SW Boundary Study/Change and now all of sudden everyone other than the Clifton parents are up-in-arms?!!! Really? So now, does that make all those parents "rich" parents, too?

Wake up....we all got screwed when they voted to shut down Clifton...remember that when the school board is up for re-election...

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: October 26, 2010 09:29AM

Lizd Wrote:
> All this discussion is too little too late....
>
> where was all this angst when our little school in
> Clifton was being voted to be close?!?! So long
> as it didn't affect "your" school then who cares,
> right? Why didn't any of you stopped to think for
> one moment that it would be only one ES school to
> be shut down and that it WOULD NOT affect any
> other school...seriously? Are you all that
> arrogant? Or is it the perception that only rich
> kids went to Clifton...yeah right...so now we have
> 28 schools that are going to be affected by this
> SW Boundary Study/Change and now all of sudden
> everyone other than the Clifton parents are
> up-in-arms?!!! Really? So now, does that make all
> those parents "rich" parents, too?
>
> Wake up....we all got screwed when they voted to
> shut down Clifton...remember that when the school
> board is up for re-election...

I do agree with you to a point. But, I think that the real issue is that it didn't matter what the angst might have been or what the community might have voted. The decision was made well ahead of any public forums or debates or meetings or anything else.

I don't really know if the decision to close Clifton Elem and renovating West Springfield was wrong, it might have been the best use of the funds, I just don't know. The thing that really bothers me is the chicanery and mendacity of the School Board and FCPS Admin, to include the local school adminstrators. It is simply unacceptable.

Posted by: MollyCorbin ()
Date: October 26, 2010 11:04AM

Went to boundary meeting last night - how amusing!
FCPS asked us to pick a choice from Option A, B or C.
Pick based on?

We weren't provided any information - just a map. It didn't say how many students would be moved, what anything cost, what programs were affected - nothing.
Parents asked questions about bell schedules, bus routes and class sizes. A bus driver was sent to answer some questions - I am not kidding! Facilities couldn't answer any questions the groups asked and not even the school board rep.
A bunch of groups didn't even answer the questions. Too absurd!

I laughed all the way home.

Posted by: Redistricted ()
Date: October 26, 2010 03:02PM

Everyone - vote Option D - back to the drawing board. Keep Clifton open at least until 2015 when the safety check is due. Why next year for goodness sake!??!

Posted by: Any Doubt? ()
Date: October 26, 2010 03:03PM

Clear Bradsher learned at the feet of the master...
Attachments:
asbestos.png

Posted by: Woodson Supporter ()
Date: October 26, 2010 05:43PM

went to see how this is going down, since we're next. am aghast at process.
fcps has no interest in really knowing what we think. the options were useless in terms of fixing the supposed problem.

worst of all, there weren't answers to the most basic questions.

liz b. came by - looked distant and irritated. why did she bother? she didn't engage a single person!

dread what's coming to our 'backyard'

Posted by: Say NO to SW Boundary Study ()
Date: October 27, 2010 08:18AM

Another PO'd Parent:

Can you please provide an unedited copy of that email?

Posted by: it gets worse! ()
Date: October 27, 2010 08:47AM

Say NO to SW Boundary Study Wrote:
> Another PO'd Parent:
>
> Can you please provide an unedited copy of that
> email?

There are SEVERAL more of these emails (none have been edited) on Save Clifton website. I don't remember if this specific email is included in those on the site, but they're definitely worth reading.

www.savecliftonelementary.org

Date: October 28, 2010 12:53AM

ugh.
really?
Attachments:
Re Community Engagement Process.png

Posted by: Justataxpayer ()
Date: October 28, 2010 01:18AM

FCPS gone mad? Wrote:
> ugh.
> really?

Mrs. Bradsher disengaged from the Clifton community on her own. She was not push ed away and some continued to meet with her just days before the vote. All the while from the FOIA'd email trails she was directing SOAR to push on Board members. Her email note referenced is inaccurate. In August of 2009 the main issues were cost and water. "Get the costs down to under $10 million and you will be good." "Find a solution to the well and you will be good.". That is exactly what her counsel was in 2009. The community got there on both counts and still the school will be closed. The estimated enrollment figures from the start of the study to the closure vote dropped by nearly 100 students. That would mean over 25% drop in the enrollment at Clifton which has NEVER happened in the history of the school.

Mrs. Bradsher came into the discussions with a preconceived notion about Clifton as can also be seen in other emails. As an individual who fought so hard to get her children out of the slum she perceived Hayfield Secondary to be so her precious ones could thrive in a sparkling new (and highly overcrowded) South County with the rest of their arrogant Crosspointe and faux Fairfax Station friends, she may wish to rethink who is the "all about me crowd".

Posted by: Another PO'd Parent ()
Date: October 28, 2010 05:50AM

Say No...What you are looking for?

Don't have much - but this is both good & bad.
Attachments:
Aftergut to Wilson cc Bradsher re secret back door discussions.png

Posted by: Fletch ()
Date: October 28, 2010 06:04AM

Justataxpayer Wrote:
> >
>
> Mrs. Bradsher disengaged from the Clifton
> community on her own. She was not push ed away and
> some continued to meet with her just days before
> the vote. All the while from the FOIA'd email
> trails she was directing SOAR to push on Board
> members. Her email note referenced is inaccurate.
> In August of 2009 the main issues were cost and
> water. "Get the costs down to under $10 million
> and you will be good." "Find a solution to the
> well and you will be good.". That is exactly what
> her counsel was in 2009. The community got there
> on both counts and still the school will be
> closed. The estimated enrollment figures from the
> start of the study to the closure vote dropped by
> nearly 100 students. That would mean over 25% drop
> in the enrollment at Clifton which has NEVER
> happened in the history of the school.
>
> Mrs. Bradsher came into the discussions with a
> preconceived notion about Clifton as can also be
> seen in other emails. As an individual who fought
> so hard to get her children out of the slum she
> perceived Hayfield Secondary to be so her precious
> ones could thrive in a sparkling new (and highly
> overcrowded) South County with the rest of their
> arrogant Crosspointe and faux Fairfax Station
> friends, she may wish to rethink who is the "all
> about me crowd".

This sums it up. And the email from Jeff Aftergut to Tessie Wilson in the post above is disturbing. FCPS School Board apparently makes any and all decisions they wish to make.

Who IS Jeff Aftergut??

Posted by: Not NotLarry ()
Date: October 28, 2010 07:41AM

Posted by: MommyLion ()
Date: October 28, 2010 07:53AM

Very interesting Liz defines this as "hate mail".
Looks more like a promissory note.

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

Sir Winston Churchill, 1941
Attachments:
Liz hate mail comment.png

Posted by: Sangster PTA ()
Date: October 28, 2010 11:10AM

Morequestions; Bob Larsen did represent Sangster. He was apointed by the then PTA president. He angered Sangster families with his forceful recommendations to the SWRP committee, none of which were supported by Sangster families. He was ultimately told to shut it by the principal and the PTA president.

Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: October 28, 2010 11:45AM

Who pays Rob Robertory?

Click on the link below to find out.

http://www.robrobertory.com/Professional.htm

Rob Robertory is rumored to be a Hokie.

I hear he is pretty sharp.

Posted by: TooCozy ()
Date: October 24, 2010 10:00AM

This is getting weirder by the day. WHO pays Rob Robertory?!

According to the State Board of Elections, Rob Robertory was a financial contributor to Liz Bradsher's campaign for her current office!

What the hell is going on around there?

Posted by: NiceTeeth ()
Date: October 28, 2010 11:52AM

Wow! Maybe Liz promised Mr. Robertory some dental work in exchange for his actions. Lookin' at that profile pic on the NW site it looks as if you could drive a train between those two front choppers on Rob.

Posted by: yupper ()
Date: October 28, 2010 12:34PM

GMU Hokie Wrote:
>
> What the hell is going on?

Not much, except for a bunch of sock puppets posting inane comments.

Pages: 1234567891011All...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 19

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.