HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any good Mexican places around here?
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: August 06, 2005 06:28PM

I moved here from California about 2 months ago and suffice to say I'm craving some good Mexican food that is in ample supply all over Cali. So any recommendations? Hole in the wall grease joints as well as tradicional sit down are fine. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any good Mexican places around here?
Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: August 06, 2005 06:37PM

Mexican food may seem a bit bland round here

Carlos Okelley's restaurant in ffx, on main st just before it turns to little river turnpike, I used to work there so I am biased

Tia's is ok, I love tippy's taco and I am eating it literally right now, I also like don pablos, my girl likes baja fresh

I thought chevy's was kind of boring

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2005 06:38PM by rstidman.

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: August 06, 2005 06:47PM

I think they closed Tia's. I remember a couple of years ago when a big dos-xx was only 2 bucks, they had a golden tee machine, and the place was always packed with hot women. They were bought out by Rio Grande, I believe, jacked up the prices, and took away the Golden Tee. I don't think anyone went there once it started getting cold. Pisses me off too, that place was great.

Date: August 06, 2005 07:02PM

rio grande is a poser palace

I hope they go out of business

Posted by: kit.car ()
Date: August 06, 2005 08:59PM

I like Tortilla Factory in Herndon.

http://pages.areaguides.com/dining/tortilla.htm

Date: August 06, 2005 09:03PM

I second that, I forgot about them

I always actually thought is was a tortilla factory when I was growing up there

Posted by: Tice ()
Date: August 07, 2005 09:19AM

For me, La Tolteca (now El Tolteco) is just about the only place for good Mexican food. It's on 123 near Burke. It doesn't have that ditzy midprice chain feel to it like most Mexican places around here have.

Posted by: hellchild ()
Date: August 07, 2005 11:23AM

when I first moved here from Texas I too was missing "non commercial" Mexican places. I think Anita's is probably the closest thing to what I was missing. there's a couple in the Fiarfax area, I usually go to the one on 50 by the 28 intersection. great for breakfast.

Date: August 07, 2005 11:25AM

I have to admit I never realized how "chained-up" mexican food is here until I went to Texas and san diego..

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: August 07, 2005 08:51PM

There are more good Salvadorean places in the area than mexican. My favorite is Mexicali Blues in Arlington. Perlitas in Vienna (in what used to be the first Anita's) on 123 is good for being a hole in the wall.

Date: August 07, 2005 08:58PM

I'll tell you who else seconds your choice of Mexicali Blues....

our command in chief, G-2-the-Dub, who got my ass kicked out one day (with basically everyone else in the room) so he could have a meal.

He said it was "like home". I'm assuming he means Texas, and not that he grew up as an illegitmate child on a Mexican ranch.

Date: August 07, 2005 11:22PM

Just ate at La Tolteca, thought it was pretty damn good espically this for this far north of the border. Almost on par with some of the California joints. Thanks for all the input.

Posted by: Mark H. (FHS) ()
Date: August 07, 2005 11:24PM

Anitas off Rt.29 is a great little restaurant

Posted by: Tice ()
Date: August 08, 2005 12:43PM

If you go back, try the chiles poblanos.

My rule of thumb is if you go to a Mexican place and the waitstaff is all-white, pick another place. Manassas Park has a number of good places.

The Fair Lakes area situation was getting critical; within about a half-mile radius were Tia's, Rio Grande, Don Pablo's, Chipotle, and Baja Fresh. Somebody had to go down...the sit-down places weren't even good mexican. Too bad there's no conceivable use for the homely old Tia's building...they've just going to have to tear it down and start over again.

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: August 08, 2005 12:47PM

I would be pissed off if some one kicked me out before I finished off my Mojito and El Garcia Platter!

http://www.mexicali-blues.com/

Posted by: qwert ()
Date: August 09, 2005 02:03PM

Coyote Grille in Fairfax City is also good (and local I think)

Posted by: Johnnybadhair ()
Date: August 09, 2005 03:59PM

If you're willing a drive a bit, there's Austin Grill in the Burke area. Good grub, probably the best I've had in the area. There's a little place in Alexandria (the Del Ray area off Mt. Vernon Ave) called Poblanos. They make a chicken burrito to die for and a selection of delicious tacos. Come with an appetite. Alexandria also has an Austin Grill on King St.

Too bad about Tia's. Not that it was all that great, but they did have cheap happy hour Dos Eqis and the food was reasonable and better than most.

As far as the other chains, Baja Fresh is your best bet for "fast food" Tex Mex.

Although some have commented on Anita's, those places scare me. The food may be cheap, but my experience is it isn't all that good and if you're looking for presentation, forget it. Everything is a blob coated in red sauce.

Posted by: Techieradio ()
Date: August 15, 2005 10:05PM

Picante is the best Tex-Mex you can find here in Nova. The food is fresh and great, the staff and owners are from Texas. You won't be disappointed. The place got remodeled and expanded last year.

Take 50 West out past Route 28, it will be on the left in a small strip mall that has a 7-11.
(Be sure to PASS up the Anita's on 50 before you get to Rt. 28. Anita's is horrible.)

Posted by: ben ()
Date: August 15, 2005 11:17PM

Techieradio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Picante is the best Tex-Mex you can find here in
> Nova. The food is fresh and great, the staff and
> owners are from Texas. You won't be disappointed.
> The place got remodeled and expanded last year.
>
> Take 50 West out past Route 28, it will be on the
> left in a small strip mall that has a 7-11.
> (Be sure to PASS up the Anita's on 50 before you
> get to Rt. 28. Anita's is horrible.)
>

It's in the little white trash shopping center next to the trailer park. Great food though.

Posted by: lman1060 ()
Date: August 18, 2005 09:15AM

Anitas is definately the best in the area.

Posted by: Scot ()
Date: August 18, 2005 09:49AM

I will third the recomendation for Picante. Great food, fresh salsa. If I could only get their food combined with the salsa from Tequilla Mockingbird down in ocean city... Yummy salsa.

As for anitas (tex-mex/new mex), the one in vienna close to tysons is very good. The one towards sterling is good, the one on 50 near chantilly sucks. Thats just my opinion, but I love the food at the vienna one. Word of warning, first time you go your stomach may need to "adjust" a bit to the food. Tastes great, but makes a bunch of noise when the rental period is over.... :)

Otherwise salvadorian, peruvian, and other cuisines are better in the area.

The place across the street from Dulles Town Center in the shopping center next to the movie theater is also good. Lots of different choices on the menu, decent margaritas, and fast service. Definitely not on the level of picante, but its still good.

Posted by: restonGentry ()
Date: August 18, 2005 04:12PM

Short answer: no.
Long answer: get your company to send you on a business trip back to CA.

Posted by: Terps ()
Date: August 18, 2005 05:55PM

Herndon 7-11?

Seriously: Anita's

Posted by: wow ()
Date: August 19, 2005 09:02AM

taco bell.

Posted by: Jerry ()
Date: August 19, 2005 08:05PM

La Tolteca in Manassas, on Business 234 just past the Manassas Mall is pretty good. Does anyone know what happened to the Anita's in Manassas? Did they close or relocate?

Thanks

Posted by: Speed Gonzales ()
Date: August 27, 2005 12:05PM

Any good Mexican places around here? I believe Herndon qualifies. Also Route 1 near Mt. Vernon...

Oh...you meant Mexican FOOD places. Sorry.

Taco Bell is pretty good.

Posted by: Martin ()
Date: September 02, 2005 08:04PM

Try Pillars on Huntington Avenue near the Yello Line Metro station. The food is authentic and made to order. No ground meat burritos. They provide a generous portion and also offer Salvadoran and Guatamalan dishes as well. Truly unique and one of the better unknown places to eat in the Mount Vernon District of Fairfax County.

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: September 04, 2005 12:08PM

I will back up the earlier recommendation of Baja Fresh.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: j3rown ()
Date: September 08, 2005 06:45PM

Don't go to the Anita's off of 29...or the one off of 50...or any singe one of them. They all suck. Tortilla Factory by Downtown Herndon is the shit though. I love that place with a fiery passion. And their salsa...is to DIE for.

Posted by: Rob_Dogg ()
Date: September 09, 2005 12:11PM

Where I'm from theres mexican places on every corner. Cant these wetbacks open a dry cleaning business, or maybe a tanning salon. all the food tastes the same........GO HOME BORDER BROTHERS

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 09, 2005 06:07PM

j3rown Wrote:
> Don't go to the Anita's off of 29...or the one off
> of 50...or any singe one of them. They all suck.
> Tortilla Factory by Downtown Herndon is the shit
> though. I love that place with a fiery passion.
> And their salsa...is to DIE for.

hear that Stormy? DIE.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Emily ()
Date: September 18, 2005 07:55PM

Chipotle!

Posted by: ECON ()
Date: September 20, 2005 12:06AM

Ha, maybe try the day laborers worksite (government funded) in Herndon

Posted by: Pinata in my Pocket ()
Date: September 20, 2005 08:20PM

ECON Wrote:
> Ha, maybe try the day laborers worksite
> (government funded) in Herndon

Heh. Herndon. Mexican place. heh!

Posted by: VADriver ()
Date: September 22, 2005 01:29AM

Well as a lost Texan that has had mexican food all over the world (even in Norway!) I have to tell you there is some local character in every mexican food style. Some people may like California Mexican food. But really for my personal tastes, you can keep your fish tacos and give me beef, bean, and chicken. (I do like shrimp fajitas, and used to get cajun/mexican enchiladas in Shreveport, LA all the time).

As far as Salvadorian food, yeah I made that mistake and went to some gourmet places best of Washtonian etc. Had a dried out skirt steak that after it had combusted on the grill - they put it out with lime juice and dragged through a cilantro patch on the way to the table. (Too think a poor cow died for that one - and I like beef!).

Having not learned my lesson, I ordered 3 dozen tamales from a local hispanic grocery market with a heavy Salvadorian influence. I was going to introduce my family to a Texas ranching tradition as part of a holiday meal. In the south on ranches it is traditional to have homemade tamales and mexican food for Christmas Eve with the family. Was I ever surprised to not find pork, but rather chicken short legs with the grissle and bone in the middle of every one of the tamales I paid for. To nasty to eat, not even good chicken, so out to the AAA bin they went.

So again its just plain individual taste. However, for my money the best is Picante's - fabulous hot sauce, great pico de galo, etc. They have an authenic chip warmer like you see in restaraunts in Texas, the chips are light, crispy and not greasy. Get this, they come to your table warm. Try the place, you won't be disappointed.

Anita's - well this is more New Mexico style, not my cup of tea, but the only place I know to get a real mexican breakfast that beats greasy eggs at the Denny's or Route 29 Diner. They do have New Mexico style or pancake enchilada, and for you adventurous, get it the traditional way with a fried egg on top. The one in Chantilly is the best in my book.

I loved the food at the Tortilla Factory, but pay in cash! 7 years ago when I was still travellinig back and forth between Texas and NOVA I had a client dinner there where somebody copied the recipt of my American Express card and used it over the next 3 months with 1(800)Call ATT to make about $6,000 in long distance phone calls between themselve and the other hacks that got it off the bulletin board they posted it on to make calls to South American countries. Amex Fraud ate that one.

Theres a little hole in the wall on Wilson Blvd out of Arlington on the right headed to 7 Corners, that has some reall good food and a smokey flavored salsa.

Both La Toltecas (Burke and Manassas are pretty good and reasonably priced with a large menu). Autin Grille is oK, but it is named right on, it has that Austin, TX nuevo - blue corn chip flair. But the food is great, just wouldn't call it mexican food.

One last note, Rio Grande is also known as Uncle Julios in other parts of the coutry (Dallas, Fort WOth, Houston, etc.).

Date: September 22, 2005 04:06AM

Wow,thanks for all these good responses. I pretty much grew up on Mexican food living in San Diego, Los Angeles, and Santa Barbara until a few months ago. I've also been to Mexico numerous times and even tried Mexican food in Croatia of all places after I hadn't had it for about 3 months. That was interesting and consisted basically of lasagna with a bit spicier sauce on it. Now if I only had more money to eat out more often.

Posted by: freshman ()
Date: September 23, 2005 03:44PM

There's not alot of Mexicans 'round here. Mostly El-Salvadorians, and other south-americans

Posted by: ben ()
Date: September 23, 2005 03:48PM

freshman Wrote:
> There's not alot of Mexicans 'round here. Mostly
> El-Salvadorians, and other south-americans

El Salvador isn't in South America.

Posted by: Dr. Phil Harmonic ()
Date: September 24, 2005 11:09PM

Try Wilmington, Del. Anywhere in Wilmington. It's all hispanic.

Posted by: maskednamedsamhat ()
Date: September 25, 2005 11:48PM

Phil, I'll bend you over your blue mercedes and make you my bitch.

Posted by: Chris ()
Date: October 09, 2005 04:43AM

Anita's

Posted by: tsarinaalixandraromanov ()
Date: October 09, 2005 09:53PM

Austin Grill in Old Town and Springfield, El Puerto in Alexandria. If they opened any other businesses besides restaurants, they would actually have to learn English, God forbid....I mean, after all they are living in the US where we all speak English, lets all learn Spanish just to accomodate them.....!!!

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 09, 2005 10:01PM

As you misspell "accommodate." classic

Date: October 09, 2005 10:09PM

I'm sure you've NEVER made a typo in your life? Who are you, Jesus Christ? Go back to jerking off over your spell checker. I doubt that you are any smarter or a better speller than me-you're probably just one of those assholes who like to feel superior to others online because you are such a loser in the real world.

By the way, you forgot to capitalize the "C" in classic, and put a period at the end of that fragmented sentence.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 09, 2005 10:11PM

I'm not the one telling people to learn English you stupid whore.

Date: October 09, 2005 10:58PM

Oh my, do you suck your mother's dick with that mouth? Obviously you can dish out the criticisms but you can't take them...I bet you are just so tolerant of them when they are fucking up your order at any restaurant, shitting on your lawn, bringing down the property values of your neighborhood with their 20 people in a 2 bedroom house and 50 cars all on the lawn of their pink house with yellow shutters, harassing and raping women, committing gang violence, and on and on and on. FUCK YOU, people like you are the reason we have so many of them here, because asshats like you are just SO happy to have them here and defend their not assimilating into our society. If you love them so fucking much, you can support their asses with YOUR tax dollars.

Posted by: tsarnicholas ()
Date: October 09, 2005 11:26PM

Stupid whore? Oh, this is where I come in...

First off, she is a very intelligent person, something you obviously have not experienced yet. Don't worry kid, that's why high school was invented. Go on and experiment away, the boys are waiting.

Second, she is right about everything. I am sick of having my county AND my country, as messed up as it is already, being overpopulated with people who come here and make it worse. We can deport Slick Rick, but somehow we overlook Juan Q. Publiquo and go about eating donuts and sucking back our Frosties. There IS a reality beyond the one you see on TV and movies, most of us are just too stupid or lazy to look past Janice Dickenson's craving for a microfiber-free room.

I digress, I guess that's what message boards are for.

Stupid whore...save that comment for Paris Hilton. You never know, she could be engaged to you in a month.
Pre-op, of course. I know that's your preference.

Oh, and to stay on topic, Taco Grande is an excellent choice for Mexican/Variety of foods, even if it is run by non-tamale eaters.

Viva America!

Posted by: Dirty Sanchez ()
Date: October 10, 2005 08:56AM

A good place for Mexicans is just about any 7-11 in Fairfax, Arlington or Prince William County.

Posted by: beanerzz ()
Date: April 07, 2009 04:52PM

Come to fairfax circle villa, its a good mexican/friendly place lolololol

Posted by: Anita's sucks ()
Date: April 17, 2009 11:48AM

Anita's sucks, do not eat there. I am shocked that 3 or 4 people on here seem to like their food. It's aweful.

Posted by: Anitas Does Suck ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:31PM

I haven't found any good Mexican places around here, Rio is pretty good, but not for the price.

Posted by: chiphihokie ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:46PM

El Paso in Springfield (Commerce St) is pretty good.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 17, 2009 02:50PM

I'll stick up for Anita's. I've been going to the Vienna location 2-3 times a year for ages. Never once left disappointed. Last time was about 2 months ago, had a chicken chimichanga with green chilie sauce, and it was great. The service is also quick, and for the price, it's a good value. It's not the greatest Mexican place in the world, but I think they do a good job.

My new favorite place is the El Paso Cafe near Ballston. It's near the corner of Glebe and Pershing. Good stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 02:56PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: tsa ()
Date: April 17, 2009 04:32PM

Anything in the county that offers something for free,,,parks , schools,

Posted by: 124C41 ()
Date: April 17, 2009 05:56PM

Uncle Julio's Rio Grande Restaurant is the best. Excellent service. Fresh food. Chips and tortillas made just before serving. It's a chain; however, the food is exquisite!

Posted by: es_MX ()
Date: April 17, 2009 07:25PM

These are my favorites
$$$ Rosa Mexicano in DC.
$$ La Sandia in Tyson's Corner
$ Tres Reyes in Manasas. (The tacos here are quite similar to what you can find in Mexico City)

Date: April 18, 2009 09:18AM

es_MX Wrote:
>>>> $$ La Sandia in Tyson's Corner

So what's good at La Sandia? I went there soon after it opened and didn't really care for it. The chicken burrito was pretty lame, and their salsa was screwed up. It's a nice looking restaurant and I'd like to go back and see what I'm missing, post some menu recommendations.

Posted by: KAH50 ()
Date: April 21, 2009 05:43PM

The best place is Tequila Grande - corner of 123 and Nutley Street in Vienna.

Date: April 21, 2009 07:27PM

KAH50 Wrote:
>> Tequila Grande - corner of 123 and Nutley Street in Vienna.

There's been a rumor on the Vienna sub-forum for the past year that Tequila Grande is supposed to close down. Anyone know if that's true?

Posted by: Viva la Shit! ()
Date: April 21, 2009 08:35PM

KAH50 Wrote:
> The best place is Tequila Grande - corner of 123
> and Nutley Street in Vienna.

Is that the same place that was at that location about 10 years ago? I used to live in that area and it was the worst Mexican place I have ever eaten at. I am surprised it is still open.

Posted by: ReNeab ()
Date: April 21, 2009 09:45PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> KAH50 Wrote:
> >> Tequila Grande - corner of 123 and Nutley
> Street in Vienna.
>
>
> There's been a rumor on the Vienna sub-forum for
> the past year that Tequila Grande is supposed to
> close down. Anyone know if that's true?

Tequila Grande= Adios Muchacho

Date: April 21, 2009 10:59PM

ReNeab Wrote:
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > KAH50 Wrote:
> > >> Tequila Grande - corner of 123 and Nutley
> > Street in Vienna.
> >
> >
> > There's been a rumor on the Vienna sub-forum
> for
> > the past year that Tequila Grande is supposed
> to
> > close down. Anyone know if that's true?
>
> Tequila Grande= Adios Muchacho

I drive by there all the time I'm pretty sure it's still open. Never been there though.

Posted by: sseaamen ()
Date: April 21, 2009 11:39PM

go to Tippys Taco. Its the closest youll get to california. Ive been out there a ton and i can say that its the closest comparison. Theres one in fairfax and on in centreville. Its good

Date: April 21, 2009 11:47PM

sseaamen Wrote:
> go to Tippys Taco. Its the closest youll get to
> california. Ive been out there a ton and i can say
> that its the closest comparison. Theres one in
> fairfax and on in centreville. Its good

I went to the Tippys in Springfield several times and was not in any way impressed. The had an abomination of a California Burrito that was just circus meat and cheese.

Sadly some of the best Mexi I've had in this area is Baja Fresh. People usually mention Laurel Plaza in DC as being good but I've only drank there and never eaten.

Posted by: azzz ()
Date: April 21, 2009 11:56PM

downtown annandale?

Posted by: Katy ()
Date: April 22, 2009 08:53AM

Anita's for breakfast = so good

It's their breakfast burritos...delicious and inexpensive

Date: April 22, 2009 09:52AM

Mofo Wrote:
>
>>> I drive by there all the time I'm pretty sure it's still open. Never been there though.

You're not missing much. It's on par with places like Chi Chi's or Don Pablos. I'm not knocking the place, it just doesn't distinguish itself from the typical Mexican chain restaurants.

I also agree with your Tippy's comment. I don't hate the place, but I probably make better Mexican food in my own kitchen.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: April 22, 2009 10:43AM

Katy Wrote:
> Anita's for breakfast = so good
>
> It's their breakfast burritos...delicious and
> inexpensive

Amen, Katy...they rock--been addicted to them for years!

and Tippys sucks, with a capital S...awful awful food.

and yes, Tequila Grande in Vienna is open--pretty good, too.

There used to be an awesome taco joint in Ballston, but it fell prey to the wrecking ball and "urbane" development years ago. shame.

Baja Fresh is OK, in a "typical Americanized ethnic fast food" way.

Someone was posting about a place near fairfax circle a month or so ago...sounded like it was worth a try! Cant recall the name, though.

the DC area in general has crappy mexican options..sigh.

Not a hard cuisine to master in the kitchen, thank god!

Date: April 22, 2009 10:52AM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
> Someone was posting about a place near fairfax circle a month or so ago...sounded like it was worth a try! Cant recall the name, though.

The Jalapeno Grill. I posted about it a couple months back. I liked it, though I had a Peruvian dish, so I can't speak for their Mexican items. Search for my old post for a better description.

Posted by: chicana ()
Date: April 22, 2009 10:53AM

GUAPO's in Herndon is awesome!

They have traditional mexican food at great prices... they even have rotisserie chicken (Peruvian Style) which tastes very authentic.

Posted by: oaktonmom ()
Date: April 23, 2009 02:41PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
> Katy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Anita's for breakfast = so good
> >
> > It's their breakfast burritos...delicious and
> > inexpensive
>
>
> Amen, Katy...they rock--been addicted to them for
> years!
>
> and Tippys sucks, with a capital S...awful awful
> food.
>
> and yes, Tequila Grande in Vienna is open--pretty
> good, too.
>
> There used to be an awesome taco joint in
> Ballston, but it fell prey to the wrecking ball
> and "urbane" development years ago. shame.
>
> Baja Fresh is OK, in a "typical Americanized
> ethnic fast food" way.
>
> Someone was posting about a place near fairfax
> circle a month or so ago...sounded like it was
> worth a try! Cant recall the name, though.
>
> the DC area in general has crappy mexican
> options..sigh.
>
> Not a hard cuisine to master in the kitchen, thank
> god!

hey fairfaxdude ... are you talking about Speedy's in Arlington? If yes, such an awesome dive with the best queso. I used to work down the street from there and that place was always packed!

Posted by: TCF ()
Date: April 23, 2009 02:51PM

Mmmm Toltecas on 123 in Fairfax Station. Delicious!

Sangria is good, too.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: April 23, 2009 03:27PM

oaktonmom Wrote:

> hey fairfaxdude ... are you talking about Speedy's
> in Arlington? If yes, such an awesome dive with
> the best queso. I used to work down the street
> from there and that place was always packed!

I cant remember the name, this was 15+ years ago, when I lived in Arlingon. Dunno if it was Speedy's, it looked more like a joint you'd name "Mamacita's Tacos"...just 3-4 tables, but REAL Mexican tacos, etc....it was in a rundown strip right on ummm....Wilson Blvd?...which has long since seen a wrecking ball up close..

Hmmm....could be a new bidness endeavor..."Mamacitas TACOS" ayyyyeeeeeeeeee!!!!!, calienttteeeeeeeeee!!!

( I'd make all the hot lil latina waitresses wear hoodies)

Posted by: Suzie ()
Date: April 25, 2009 04:34AM

Picante! in Chantilly Virginia is the most authentic Mexican food your gonna find in Virginia.

The strip mall is a bit hard to miss on Route 50 just look for the 7-11 on the intersection of Airline Parkway and 50 make a U turn into that center and right beside Sully's is Picante! you don't know what you've been missing - I like their Pescado al mojo de ajo I make my own fish tacos

Posted by: Jebus ()
Date: April 26, 2009 08:01PM

No, there is no "good" Mexican food here, however it is edible nonetheless. Taco Bell is about as snazzy as it gets around here. I apologize on behalf of Northern Virginia for this inconvenience.

Posted by: eric the midget ()
Date: May 01, 2009 11:41AM

Jacalito Grill
8081 Alban Rd.
Springfield, VA

Better than anything mentioned here so far!!

A good rule of thumb is if you're the only white person in there the food is going to be authentic.

Posted by: Dildo Joe ()
Date: May 03, 2009 11:53PM

Try Home Depot, Lowe's, or the strip mall next to the public library in Centreville. I almost hit a whole group of them out there the other day.

Posted by: good one bro ()
Date: May 04, 2009 01:46AM

^^damn your hilarious......fuckin tool...

Posted by: Dildo joe ()
Date: May 05, 2009 01:24AM

good one bro Wrote:
> ^^damn your hilarious......fuckin tool...

Thanks asshole.

Posted by: Destro ()
Date: May 05, 2009 10:39AM

I will say La Toleca on 123 is definitely the best around!
Picante is pretty good but not as good as La Tolteca.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.