HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Deer Management Activity
Posted by: T ()
Date: October 16, 2010 07:09PM

POSTED in far to few locations on paths and trails near South Run Rec Center: "Deer Management Activity, 10/26/10 to 2/12/11." What they don't say is that Fairfax County is allowing crossbow hunting to curb the deer population, they don't give times, they don't say "danger" there has been little publicity. Are all the bikers, runners and little kids supposed to know they may end up with an arrow in their body?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deer Management Activity
Posted by: KaPing ()
Date: October 16, 2010 07:51PM

> ...Are all the bikers, runners and little kids supposed to know they may end up with an arrow in their body?

Nope - makes it too hard to hit 'em.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 16, 2010 09:00PM

Who cares? Are you really saying that we should just allow the deer population to continue to explode? Hunt as many deer as you can.

Do you really think they will just let hunters shoot weapons when people might be around?

Posted by: T ()
Date: October 16, 2010 09:24PM

Considering South Run Rec Center is almost all fields and few woods full of paths to surrounding neighborhoods, the hunters have little option but to shoot weapons when people are around. The fields are used late into the night and all day on weekends. I didn't see ANYTHING that mentioned "HUNTING" or times when the activity takes place. I don't think your average seven year old riding his bike to soccer practice really knows what "Deer Management" means. Also there are only a few signs, and they are VERY small. The other Fairfax parks where hunting is allowed are not Recreation centers.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 16, 2010 09:32PM

i googled this page in literally 2 seconds:
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/living/animals/wildlife/archery/urban-archery-in-fairfaxcounty.htm

and if you check out the associated rules, it appears this is a very safe operation.

I hope the average 7 year old is not riding around unsupervised. The parents ought to be able to tell where the hunting is going on. Apparently the hunters cannot be anywhere near trails and there will be signs and survey tape up.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: October 16, 2010 10:59PM

I for one, welcome open season on runners and bikers.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: October 16, 2010 11:08PM

I for one, welcome open season on drunken illegal Mexican immigrants.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: General Lee ()
Date: October 16, 2010 11:09PM

Is anyone allowed to go to this? I just bought a new Barnett Penetrator Crossbow from Dick's last month.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.