HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
is it possible for Fairfax County(and maybe other No. Va. counties) to break away from Virginia?
Posted by: coyote ()
Date: July 31, 2007 12:15PM

is it possible for Fairfax County(and maybe other No. Va. counties) to break away from Virginia and form a new state?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: is it possible for Fairfax County(and maybe other No. Va. counties) to break away from Virginia?
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 31, 2007 01:42PM

This has been covered before at FFXU. I believe the outcome of the discussion was
1) It " could" be done
2) the loss of life in the Virginia Civil War would be way to high, The fairfax Navy was way to small ( a police boat and Fire department boat) to take on the Norfolk Navy who would come to the defense of the rest of the commonwealth.

Further, several issues have been resolved and some are still being debated.

1) A contingency has yet to determined about where to draw the line. The main issue was Manassas/Manassas Park controversy. Debaters from both Northern and Southern VA argued abut this plot of land - each saying it would belong to the other.
2) Gravis wanted any illegal immigrants to face a one man police, jurry, judge, and executioner. Anyone from the south caught North of Stafford would be shot on the stop.
3) A reasonable compromise on the "Fredericksburg wall" has yet to be reached.
4) Some suggestions for the new state song included "that smell" by Lynrd Skynrd, Eurotrash Girl by Cracker, or Cars by Gary Neuman.

5) Don Geronimo and Allison Starling were nominated to a special run off election for Governor of New Columbia - our states name. We did realize that New Columbia is the name chosen for DC if it ever becomes a state, but fuck DC.
7) Our new state laws would require any woman of Hispanic decent less than second generation American be required to clean houses or work in our new 24 nudie bars in order to work off their debt to the new state for trash collection and library use etc. Males who fit this criteria would be obligated to do yard work or painting for us.
8) oh, yes, 24 hour nudie bars would be permitted, I mean, encouraged.
9) New York cars would pay a toll to use the beltway.
10) Despite what King George said, the Potomac is ours and we will fight (and bat) Maryland for it. Mining the Chesapeake Bay was also discussed.

I believe we were still discussing which mansion in McLean, Great Falls we would condemn to use a house for our new governor.

Please feel free to post any other issues we discussed that I inadvertently left out.

Re: is it possible for Fairfax County(and maybe other No. Va. counties) to break away from Virginia?
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 31, 2007 02:54PM

If you are calling the United States Navy the Norfolk navy, you would be incorrect. While it would be liekly that the US would get involved in a civil war, they would not lend their ships to one side or another.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: July 31, 2007 03:29PM

coyote Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is it possible for Fairfax County(and maybe other
> No. Va. counties) to break away from Virginia and
> form a new state?

Look how well it's worked out for West Virginia.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 31, 2007 03:51PM

I think you forget that a majority of high tech firms that maintain and produce the intelligence for the weapons are in Fairfax County. Also let's not forget some key "hidden" facilities that would be of major use such as the National Air Traffic Control System Command Center in Herndon.

We could make millions off of grounding opposing sports teams planes and then winning by forfeit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 03:55PM by Lurker..

Posted by: coyote ()
Date: July 31, 2007 10:23PM

As far as I know, the West Virginia was the only state to ever secede from
another state(Virginia)

It wasn't such a bad idea, was it? (then and now)

Let's have another state called "North Virginia" or something like that...

On the other hand, DC probably have a better chance of getting a vote in Congress first... (which will never happpen)

Posted by: Question ()
Date: July 31, 2007 10:50PM

What do you think will happen first?

A: Gravis will get laid
B: NOVA will secede from the state of VA
C: You will look forward to watching monster madhouse

Posted by: G-Man ()
Date: August 01, 2007 03:10PM

Wow thats a hard one.... I would say B cause I don't think Gravis will be getting laid and I dont think I'll ever look forward to watching monster madhouse.

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: August 01, 2007 06:08PM

If NoVa secedes from Virginia:

- the state bird will be a construction crane
- the state flower will be the orange-and-white striped barrel
- the state seal will be a "road under construction" sign
- and the state motto will be "You can't get there from here".

Thank you very much - I'm here 'til Thursday.
Try the veal.

Date: August 01, 2007 07:30PM

They'd have the Navy, but we'd have the CIA on our side. Maybe we should keep some of PW County, and have new CIA/MS13 death squads formed.

Aren't some of the root DNS servers in Herndon? And AOL in Reston I think. We would definitely win the war of information. The CIA would acquire arms for us and hide the buildup from the rest until it was too late. Oh, and they'd give the enemy drugs and AIDS.

PW has Quantico though. Maybe they should be on our side?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2007 07:35PM by Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: August 01, 2007 09:19PM

Space Ghost Coast to Coast Wrote:
> They'd have the Navy, but we'd have the CIA on our
> side. Maybe we should keep some of PW County, and
> have new CIA/MS13 death squads formed.
>
> Aren't some of the root DNS servers in Herndon?
> And AOL in Reston I think. We would definitely win
> the war of information. The CIA would acquire arms
> for us and hide the buildup from the rest until it
> was too late. Oh, and they'd give the enemy drugs
> and AIDS.
>
> PW has Quantico though. Maybe they should be on
> our side?

Are you thinking what I am thinking??? Free NOVA??? Shall we break away entirely and join Canada, or Bermuda. Maybe join the Caymans and be a tax haven??? I am liking the idea.

Date: August 01, 2007 09:26PM

> Are you thinking what I am thinking??? Free
> NOVA??? Shall we break away entirely and join
> Canada, or Bermuda. Maybe join the Caymans and be
> a tax haven??? I am liking the idea.

We do have an economy larger than some nations.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: August 01, 2007 11:27PM

Northern Virginia should become part of Nevada so I can gamble and buy hookers legally. I am tired of these backwards ass people in Virginia telling me how I can spend my money.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 02, 2007 09:39PM

quantico has a huge amount of equipment, guns, troops, etc. not a good idea to take them on. I'll keep them. Dont forget we have the pentagon too.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: August 02, 2007 09:52PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> ....Dont forget we have the pentagon too.

Well, that's a whole lot of NUTHIN! (I know, I worked there for 19 years)

I guess we could turn it into condos, maybe?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.