HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chantilly shooting
Posted by: dwg ()
Date: July 28, 2007 12:45PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chantilly shooting
Posted by: Mike ()
Date: July 28, 2007 04:25PM

I can't help but think that this may be in retaliation for the machette attack from earlier this month. It seem to be the same location as I drove by there today. For anyone who doesn't remember I linked the FCPD news release, http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/reports2007/070207malwound.htm,

Beginning to feel not so safe in my own neigborhood.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: July 28, 2007 05:03PM

I lived behind that neighborhood (Brookfield) in Waverly Crossing for many years.

The rumors from the neighborhood I've heard thus far are:

- There was a single shotgun blast just before 2:00am
- The house was either the same one, or the house directly next to the house that was previously involved in the machete attack.

There was a massive police response last night and this morning, as expected.

Additionally, at approximately the same time there was a unrelated house robbery on "De Haven Drive" just around the corner.

Crazy. It used to be such a quiet neighborhood.

Posted by: VB ()
Date: July 28, 2007 05:18PM

Cary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Crazy. It used to be such a quiet neighborhood.

That's because Fairfax County, and for that matter the nation, used to be populated by mostly Americans. This is what happens when immigration gets out of control. Expect more of the same in the future.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: July 28, 2007 05:25PM

"Police arrested Pablo Portillo, 29, of 4299 Pennsboro Drive and Jose Morales, 40, of 43623 Hetrick Lane, both of Chantilly. They were taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center and charged with attempted malicious wounding."

"Both of Chantilly" is putting it liberally.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 28, 2007 06:21PM

"PORTILLO ","PABLO "," ","029"," ","UNKNOW "," "," "," ","07/01/2007","OTHER AGG ASSAULT

Boy, barely 4 weeks ago arrested for aggravated assault. This guy has issues.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: July 28, 2007 06:24PM

The quote from WashingToneLocian was from the 7/1 News release and is not related to this latest incident, so far as we know.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: July 28, 2007 06:33PM

Another neighborhood gone downhill thanks to illegal immigration. Good work by FCPD on the quick arrest. Maybe this time Pedro will stay in jail or be deported.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 28, 2007 07:37PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> Boy, barely 4 weeks ago arrested for aggravated
> assault. This guy has issues.

yeah, the problem being that he's in ms-12. they have a lot of growing up to do because they act like rabid 12-year-olds(hence the name ms-12).

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: July 28, 2007 08:09PM

ABC 7 News is reporting (updated at 6:48pm)

Fairfax County Police are looking for the suspect who shot two people, killing a woman inside her Chantilly home.

Investigators were called to the 13600 block of Pennsboro Drive around 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning for a reported shooting.

Police found 29-year-old Morena Martinez, a mother of four, dead inside the home and medevaced a 29-year-old male family friend with multiple gun shot wounds to Inova Fairfax Hospital.

Homicide detectives are continuing the investigation. Police believe the attack could be a domestic-related homicide.

Posted by: erik ()
Date: July 29, 2007 12:49AM

VB Wrote:
> Cary Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > Crazy. It used to be such a quiet
> neighborhood.
>
> That's because Fairfax County, and for that matter
> the nation, used to be populated by mostly
> Americans. This is what happens when immigration
> gets out of control. Expect more of the same in
> the future.

Yes. The whites never do anything crazy.

Posted by: Somebody ()
Date: July 29, 2007 08:14AM

Man, the one guy is covered in blood in his mugshot.

Posted by: Richard ()
Date: July 29, 2007 08:56AM

>
> yeah, the problem being that he's in ms-12.

Is that like a junior group to MS-13?

Posted by: 4wheeler ()
Date: July 29, 2007 10:37AM

VB Wrote:
>
> That's because Fairfax County, and for that matter
> the nation, used to be populated by mostly
> Americans. This is what happens when immigration
> gets out of control. Expect more of the same in
> the future.

That's correct... nothing like that would ever happen on your trailer park, ignorant redneck

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: July 29, 2007 11:19AM

erik Wrote:

>
> Yes. The whites never do anything crazy.

Like that asshole kid from Oakton who killed his family a couple of years back. Or that wack-job from Centreville who shot the Fairfax cops last year.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 29, 2007 01:06PM

Richard Wrote:
> >
> > yeah, the problem being that he's in ms-12.
>
> Is that like a junior group to MS-13?

hey ADD poster boy, read the second sentence: they have a lot of growing up to do because they act like rabid 12-year-olds(hence the name ms-12).

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: July 29, 2007 01:59PM

It's weird to think of Fairfax as having homicide detectives. I mean there are 20 murders or less per year. It seems like 90% of them result in an arrest within a week. Do you think they get spare time to open up cold cases? There are a couple of unsolved murders from the 80's. Being a homicide detective can't be easy, but in Fairfax it doesn't seem like an exciting job. The recent one in Centreville was just a crazy who killed his wife, called the fucking police himself, and had a bloody knife in his hand when he opened the door. There was another recent one where an acquaintance killed his friend in his truck. The victim gave a passerby the phone number of the murderer.

Posted by: Fred ()
Date: July 29, 2007 03:50PM

Use to live in Chantilly for 20 years and was a nice quiet area until our neighborhhos became illegal central. Use to live on Marsden Court right around the corner from the shooting. Bought my townhouse and the two on both sides became flop houses with 15+ people living in each one. I can't decide which I enjoyed more, the human feces in the common area or having my tires pissed on by drunks. Loved the broken Corona bottles all over the sidewalks and in the parking lot. I knew it was time to move when MS-13 graffiti showed up on playground and surrounding fences. I only wish you bleeding hearts libs could have the joy of living like that. Got out two years ago when real estate was at it's peak and moved out of state. Haven't looked back since.

Posted by: Somebody ()
Date: July 29, 2007 07:57PM

"Got out two years ago ... moved out of state. Haven't looked back since."

Haven't looked back since, eh?
What are you doing reading a ffxco forum?

Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: July 29, 2007 10:10PM

Fred, sounds like you sold just in time. Centreville and Chantilly have become illegal magnets. Anyone who comes out against them is labeled a racist.

Liberals forget that a home is someones biggest investment. You spend big bucks to get the right place and then someone moves in and brings five families with them. All you can do is go to work each day and then come home and watch your property value drop and drop. Now with the housing market dropping and the illegals moving in multiple families it is a tough road to sell now.

Just curious but where did you move to?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 29, 2007 10:21PM

Got out two years ago when real estate was at it's peak and moved out of state.

Sounds great chief, hopefully the door hit you in the ass on the way out? It's hilarious to think that people actually think Chantilly, VA has a serious crime problem.

Haven't looked back since.

LOL, oh oK,

Posted by: Fred ()
Date: July 30, 2007 02:05PM

To all those with a nasty remark, walk a mile in my shoes. Live like I had to with crime being a daily occurance. Not everyone can afford a nice gated community where the only illegals you see are the ones raising your brats or cutting your grass. I moved to the Pittsburgh suburbs where I bought a single family home, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths 1/2 acre for $137,000 in a nice neighborhood.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: July 30, 2007 04:27PM

Anywhere is better as far as housing prices! When I was transferred to Memphis, TN, I purchased a 4 bedroom, 3 full baths, 2 car garage single family home on a golf course for $135,000!

When I came back to this area, I purchased a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 baths, 1 car garage in Cascades - granted it is very nice, but going from a single family to a townhome is hard!

Before anyone asks, the reason I am on this forum is because my mother and father, and 3 of my 4 sisters live in Fairfax County!

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: July 30, 2007 06:05PM

Fred Wrote:
> To all those with a nasty remark, walk a mile in
> my shoes. Live like I had to with crime being a
> daily occurance. Not everyone can afford a nice
> gated community where the only illegals you see
> are the ones raising your brats or cutting your
> grass. I moved to the Pittsburgh suburbs where I
> bought a single family home, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths
> 1/2 acre for $137,000 in a nice neighborhood.

Send me your shoes. Go ahead and start packing them to be FedExed, and send me a message to get my address. Wait, maybe I've already walked in those shoes, only with a clearheaded view of REALITY. I've had the "joy" of living in Chantilly for 14 years...where crime is NOT an issue. What dream world were YOU in, gangsta? Shiiiiiiit

Posted by: § ()
Date: July 30, 2007 06:26PM

Pittsburgh's economy has gone the way of the coal mines, steel mills and Iron City beer.......belly up. Better hope you don't get laid off because it'll be difficult selling a house where jobs have vanished. Perhaps we'll see you back in Fairfax Co. in a decade when your townhouse in Chantilly is pushing a cool $MIL.

Oh, and please stay out of my gated community. LOL. -§

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 30, 2007 07:58PM

the Pittsburgh suburbs

I'm real familiar with the Pgh area, I have alot of freinds there and visit there a few times a year. I really like the city, it's got that grimy smalltown feeling to it, alot of fun neighborhood bars, and friendly people (alot of weirdo's though too). There's no chance in hell I'd want to live there though, especially in the burbs. Wayyy too redneck/yinzer for my tastes, unless you're out in places like Plum or Cranberry, which are similar in some ways to NoVA. Sure, it's more cheap to live there, but you can tell why once you're there and take a look around.

I won't knock the place though, I have some fond memories of the 'Burgh.

Posted by: Irritated1 ()
Date: July 30, 2007 10:29PM

Fred Wrote:
> Use to live in Chantilly for 20 years and was a
> nice quiet area until our neighborhhos became
> illegal central. Use to live on Marsden Court
> right around the corner from the shooting. Bought
> my townhouse and the two on both sides became flop
> houses with 15+ people living in each one. I
> can't decide which I enjoyed more, the human feces
> in the common area or having my tires pissed on by
> drunks. Loved the broken Corona bottles all over
> the sidewalks and in the parking lot. I knew it
> was time to move when MS-13 graffiti showed up on
> playground and surrounding fences. I only wish
> you bleeding hearts libs could have the joy of
> living like that. Got out two years ago when real
> estate was at it's peak and moved out of state.
> Haven't looked back since.

Instead of bitching about liberals and not having the ability to live in a gated community why don't you do something constructive about it like attending county forums, contact your local elected officials, calling the police about it each and every incident, let your voice be heard! Stand up and do something about it.

Unrelated questions for you...If Chantilly is such a shit hole and you don't sound too pleased with Fairfax County in general and you move out of state, why the hell are you even posting on this website?

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: July 31, 2007 09:59AM

"Liberals forget that a home is someones biggest investment. You spend big bucks to get the right place and then someone moves in and brings five families with them. All you can do is go to work each day and then come home and watch your property value drop and drop."

All those illegals have certainly driven down property values in LA, Orange County, San Jose and San Diego...you fucking moron.

FYI - The reason property values are dropping in NoVA - and everywhere else in the US - is the crashing of the subprime loan market. You know why housing values shot up between 2000 and 2005? Those illegals who moved into the area, that's why.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: July 31, 2007 10:03AM

By the way, the reason you have so many illegals in the area is because people are hiring them! How many "liberals" do you know running construction companies, fast food joints, maid services, lawncare companies, etc?

You want to do something about this, go to your local Chamber of Commerce and call local employers on the carpet about it.

Posted by: frustrated ()
Date: July 31, 2007 10:48AM

What I dont understand is how the story of a woman who was shot in her own home, turned into people name calling and thinking that they're better than the next man/woman because they can live in a "gated community". Congrats! I knew this woman. My son was friends with her 2 older kids. It makes me sad to know that she was shot.....in her sleep. She was absolutely helpless. All because some piece of shit thought he was gonna play GOD and take her life. If people in Chantilly wanna change things (and in fairfax county in general) then everyone needs to get together. Its easy to sit there and say 'do this, do that'. But actually doing something is a lot harder! RIP

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: September 22, 2008 09:40AM

Geez, you guys are very hateful! I live in Fairfax, and just put a contract on a house in that same neighborhood. Maybe I'm going to regret it. I appreciate Fred's comments because I'm starting to see the same crap where I live now. I don't want to buy a place where I'm going to have to deal with it even more. A lot of you are blind to what's going on and when you try to think about it, you can't stand to think that you're wrong and to admit that there is actually a problem. To you hateful commentors, I hope I don't see you around the neighborhood.

Posted by: Awakened ()
Date: September 22, 2008 03:06PM

Steve Wrote:
> Geez, you guys are very hateful! I live in
> Fairfax, and just put a contract on a house in
> that same neighborhood. Maybe I'm going to regret
> it. I appreciate Fred's comments because I'm
> starting to see the same crap where I live now. I
> don't want to buy a place where I'm going to have
> to deal with it even more. A lot of you are blind
> to what's going on and when you try to think about
> it, you can't stand to think that you're wrong and
> to admit that there is actually a problem. To you
> hateful commentors, I hope I don't see you around
> the neighborhood.

a little late?

Posted by: SISTER ()
Date: February 27, 2010 09:43PM

my sister was the 29 year old women that was killed. She had nothing to do with all the shit thats going on with the neighborhood. Like the market going down or MS13. She was a respectful American citezen, investor, realtor, accountant and had alot going for herself, she loved everyone and worked hard for her children and to help anyone in need.

stop talking so much shit...

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 27, 2010 09:55PM

Citezen? Is that like karma on the internet?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.