HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
With all the uproar over the new Civil (Abuser) Fees, I found it interesting...
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: July 27, 2007 08:58PM

I found it interesting while reading the local "free" paper, a letter to the editor was drafted, sent in, and published about the matter, calling for Del. Albo to be ousted in the upcoming elections.

It should be noted, that will not happen, as Del. Albo does not have a challenger in his district.

So it is somewhat easy to call for his challenge however, there seems to be a shortage of (qualified, eligable, and applied) candidates...

Anyways, I just thought enough of this, to share -

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: With all the uproar over the new Civil (Abuser) Fees, I found it interesting...
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:24PM

wow.. i just firgured it all out...

David Albo is being thrown out by the NWO... he probably had nothing to do with these civil penalties.. but.. his wife would die if he didnt enact them...

now that they are in place.. and everyone is begining to hate him.. in comes challenger from out of the fog...

who is this guy? WHO CARES! vote for him - he says that when we get pulled over - the cops will pay us! VOTE FOR HIM!!

and david albo is out.. all while the public has no idea..

i suppose they could just have him "wreck" his car.. but thats too obvious..

Re: With all the uproar over the new Civil (Abuser) Fees, I found it interesting...
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:47PM

ffxn8v Wrote:

> It should be noted, that will not happen, as Del.
> Albo does not have a challenger in his district.

What's the law on write-ins? I bet there's no possible way to have a write in candidate that actually can take office.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:55PM

I bet there's no possible way to have a write in candidate that actually can take office.

Anthony Williams lead a successful election on a write-in ballot, no?

Certainly different circumstances, but it can be done. No one should let this Albo cocksucker just walk into a new term without a little competition.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: July 28, 2007 02:17AM

Someone should run that has name recognition in northern va. I think most people would take the time to write that name in just to teach Albo and future jerks like him that there is a price to pay for pulling this kind of stunt.

Kaine is backing up big time on this fee. First he is all for it, then he warns people that we probably need it, now he is talking refunding any money already taken from the fees and cancelling future fees.

I think a write in would work but the person would have to start now probably with their own money to send out flyers reminding people what Albo is all about. People already hate lawyers and taxes so it should be an easy sell.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: July 28, 2007 11:12AM

Do you actually think the "silent majority" is up in arms over this? I'm not...and I'd definitely vote for Albo if I lived in his district....just beacuse of this issue alone.

You guys are funny...you want all the beaners rounded up and deported, but you don't want tough enforcement of the laws that YOU break!

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 28, 2007 11:32AM

cw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone should run that has name recognition in
> northern va.

> I think a write in would work but the person would
> have to start now probably with their own money to
> send out flyers reminding people what Albo is all
> about. People already hate lawyers and taxes so it
> should be an easy sell.

Gravis, RestonPeace - are either of you up for the job. What ever happened to "R Stedman" or whatever his name is. Would he be willing to take up the cause?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 28, 2007 12:18PM

but you don't want tough enforcement of the laws that YOU break!

Never had a ticket or an accident in my entire life, and I still think these fines are a ridiculous abuse of power by our elected officials.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 28, 2007 12:19PM

duh Wrote:

> You guys are funny...you want all the beaners
> rounded up and deported, but you don't want tough
> enforcement of the laws that YOU break!

If you think that is the issue here, you really haven't been paying attention.

First of all, this law has zero to do with enforcement. All the infractions it covers were already illegal with stiff penalties attached. This law has to do with fees ("civil remedial fees" in Orwellian speak). Nothing in the law provides for additional enforcement. No money is given to the police to step up enforcement.

Second, this new law is 100% about generating revenue for roads. That's it. No one can claim, while retaining an ounce of dignity, that it's about *anything* else.

Third, because it's about revenue for roads, the legislature had to hack this thing together in such a way that it only applies to Virginians (because to just increase the 'fine' the regular way means the money would go to a school fund per the state constitution).

Which brings us back to your point, "Enforcement of the laws". IF you've ever driven on I-95, you know that some of the worst speeders are people from out-of-state trying to get to their destination quickly by cutting off 8 mins from an 8 hour trip. So does this revenue law make you any safer? No. And a significant number of excessive speeders aren't even affected by the law BY DESIGN OF THE LEGISLATURE!

With their own scheme, they opted to let half the criminals go so they could move the money around. Which brings us to my final point. This law is about one thing only: Money.

Date: July 28, 2007 12:53PM

"...This law is about one thing only: Money."

EXACTLY!

I don't care where the money goes...if these fees make one maniac think twice about risking mine or my family's life in order to beat us to the next red light...they're a good thing.

How else will the carnage be reduced? Hit 'em where it hurts...their wallets!

Date: July 28, 2007 01:00PM

If everyone comes around and no one breaks the traffic laws then how much money will be collected? Zero if I do the math right. It is all about lining the pockets of a certain lawyer who will see his business increase four fold because people fear the result of a conviction.

Duh please answer this one qustion; if a guy has a suspended license because of unpaid fines and is caught again how much money do you really think he will pay?

You remind me of the law and order people who demand long stretches in jail for blacks when they break drug laws but when your own kid is caught it is a different matter. Oh I meant them not me.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 28, 2007 02:31PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> What ever happened to "R Stedman" or whatever
> his name is. Would he be willing to take up the
> cause?

ironically, he died in a car accident shortly after the whole D&M thing which is why he stopped posting.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: July 28, 2007 02:32PM

"Duh please answer this one qustion; if a guy has a suspended license because of unpaid fines and is caught again how much money do you really think he will pay?"

Seize his car and sell it. If it;s not his car...throw his ass in jail. Either way...he's off the roads for a while.

"You remind me of the law and order people who demand long stretches in jail for blacks when they break drug laws but when your own kid is caught it is a different matter. Oh I meant them not me."

Actually, I think drugs should be legalized...the "War on Drugs" is a colossol failure. The incarceration of hundreds of thousands of drug offenders is a total waste of money. Drugs should legalized and taxed just like alcohol and tobacco. Think of all the related crimes (robbery, etc) that wouldn't be committed if junkies could just line up with the winos at the ABC store!

As for my kids....they KNEW if they fucked up, they'd face the music. And they mostly DIDN'T.

And your "Oh I meant them not me." ....that's the mindset I'm accusing YOU guys of! LOL

Date: July 28, 2007 06:30PM

Locking him up will save the state money how? The state will now have to house, feed and watch him along with medical care. This does not generate money it spends money.

The point of the fees was to make money for roads because the state didnt have the guts to raise taxes or send it back to northern va where it came from. I have no sympathy for those speeding 30 miles over the limit but I know you cant get blood out of a turnip. The worst drivers are usually bums and/or illegals will little or no money and no assests. When ticketing them fails to make the state the money they so desire then they will go after the minor violations which means me and you.

I also have serious doubts the state needs all the money they say they do. Creating the northern va transportation board is only a way of adding more friends and relatives to an already bloated government. And another layer of bureacracy to an already clogged system.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 28, 2007 07:31PM

duh Wrote:
> As for my kids....they KNEW if they fucked up,
> they'd face the music. And they mostly DIDN'T.

yes and in the off chance that they smoke a little crack and are instantly hooked, they are screwed. way to go pops, your passive anti-drug stance got your kid hooked on crack. you could stop them from getting more? never underestimate the drive of an addict.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 29, 2007 10:58PM

Hold on now. So we cant have them be just normal ticket fines becuase the VA constitution requires that they go to the school fund? How many kilos of pot arre they smoking down there hourly in Richmond? The whole point of the constituition is that if it is bad, it can be amended, right?

So the question is, why didnt they just amend the constitution?
I can only think of two reasons.

1) No one would vote for it.

2) Dave Albo said hey lets make Virginians angry so they will come to my law firm to fight the tickets.

Now i can see that Nova might have some difficulty convincing the rest of Va to vote to amend the constitution so that money from tickets given in nova would go to nova road construction. after all, they want their school moeny right? However, a conference in tysons corner could be arranged of the lawmakers so they could see the traffic problems. Thus the only real answer to the question is #2. just re-affirming it for everyone.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.