HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
gas station honks my car's horns and puts on new safety inspection sticker, in and out in 30 seconds.
Posted by: Mischa ()
Date: July 27, 2007 08:56PM

I've encountered gas station people who are very anal when it comes to safety
inspection.

Today, I met one that's the complete opposite. The guy drove my car into the
service bay, honked the horns, and scraped off the old sticker. He got out
of my car, retrieved a new sticker, and put the new sticker on. In and out
in 30 seconds... Sure, I know there's nothing wrong with my relatively-new
car, because I always make sure nothign is wrong before I drive to the gas
station for inspection.(no burned out light bulbs, for example)

I was just speedless.... I paid the $16 and left.... Still not sure what
to say about it....

Oh well...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gas station honks my car's horns and puts on new safety inspection sticker, in and out in 30 seconds.
Posted by: duh ()
Date: July 27, 2007 09:49PM

There has always been inspectors like that....lazy.

I take my old clunkers to a guy like that....and I'm always afraid he'll get caught and lose his license. So, keep quiet about it....unless you want to find him gone and replaced by an anal guy for your next inspection!

Re: gas station honks my car's horns and puts on new safety inspection sticker, in and out in 30 seconds.
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:11PM

its like tellin mother fuckers where the gold was during the gold rush.. just keep it to yourself and whistle innocently..

Posted by: phil ()
Date: July 28, 2007 01:13AM

fukin dick head keep it quiet people like you take the fun out of life

Posted by: cw ()
Date: July 28, 2007 10:21AM

Man, I wouldnt say a word to anyone about that. I once had a guy tell me the license plate bolts were of the wrong material, they had to be metal. For 10 bucks he offered in "install" new ones. I questioned him about where in the inspection it said something about that. He said well you can always pull out of here with a rejection sticker and then have to come back with the right ones, at a loss of an hour or two out of my day.

I countered his offer with my own of a call to the state police and I would wait until the trooper got there to see if he agreed with the inspector since the state police regulate them. He slapped on a new inspection and I left, but it still sucks to be held prey to the crooked ones. If you can find a good one keep with them even if it means a long line.

p.s. I never did look up to see if there was anything on license plate bolts.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.