HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 29, 2010 11:08PM

­



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 06:36PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: ThreadKillerPradaDenim ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:09AM

I don't see how ghosts and other paranormal activity discussions belongs in the main forum and as such, should be reported as a junk thread or off topic discussion.

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:13AM

­



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 06:37PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Casper ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:19AM

Burke is full of ghosts because Burke is the black hole of Fairfax County. That is why it is also full of spirits. I beleive this is on topic.

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:20AM

­



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 09:11PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Les ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:30AM

Whatever did happen to Kelly Burke? he used to be with channel 4 until he hit someone while driving home intoxicated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:32AM

Les Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whatever did happen to Kelly Burke? he used to be
> with channel 4 until he hit someone while driving
> home intoxicated.

Was the person he hit sitting in the road?

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Casper ()
Date: September 30, 2010 12:57AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Casper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Burke is full of ghosts because Burke is the
> black
> > hole of Fairfax County. That is why it is also
> > full of spirits. I beleive this is on topic.
>
> And do you have anything interesting or useful to
> add? I thought not.


"superior logic aggressively prosecuted and
presented by a superior and prepared mind" wins again!

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 30, 2010 01:02AM

­



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 09:17PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: itchy ()
Date: September 30, 2010 06:59AM

chuck, I've not read much on the history of Burke in particular, but Fairfax and Northern Virginia in general are good candidates for so called spirits or imprints due to all of the violent deaths during the civil war here alone.

Have you had opportunity to encounter either type of anamoly in Burke to draw your conclusion as to these being imprints or spirits?

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 30, 2010 09:22AM

­



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 09:24PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Blank Reg ()
Date: September 30, 2010 09:27AM

I can't comment on Burke as I don't live there, but I live nearby. The other night I was on the first floor of my house, and heard a HUGE thud come from the second floor right above me. I mean it was so loud and heavy that I thought a large bookcase had fallen over. My husband and I ran upstairs and couldn't find a single thing that had fallen, shifted, moved, anything. It was unsettling, because I'm a very rational person guided by fact, and after 30 minutes, I could not find any explanation for what felt like a house-shaking noise.

And then on Tuesday night, I was at home alone sitting on the couch wrapped in a blanket, and it felt like someone pulled on one end. I've lived in this house for about two years and always felt like the bed was shaking a bit when I'm trying to fall asleep. I kept asking my husband if he was walking around the second floor, or playing music or the PS3 loud enough that it would reverberate through the walls, but he always said no.

I have no idea if they are just average house phenomena that are magnified in my mind, or if there is something truly going on. Look, I just don't want to wake up in the middle of the night and see that ghost boy from Ju-On sitting in my corner meowing.

#whoyougonnacall

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Haley Joel Osment ()
Date: September 30, 2010 09:27AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to rely on other people who do have this
> ability, to see ghosts, which is why I posted the
> topic here.
Attachments:
Ghost bummer.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: itchy ()
Date: September 30, 2010 10:43AM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to rely on other people who do have this
> ability, to see ghosts, which is why I posted the
> topic here.


I've never actually "seen" a ghost or apparition, but I have seen, heard and felt other strange things that had me questioning my sanity and what I thought I believed.

Hell even physicists are questioning their sanity and beliefs with the advancement in quantum mechanics, particle theory and other ever developing stuff like string theory. These ghosts could actually be some advanced people that are just like us, but in a different dimension.

If I had the ability and technology to go into another dimension or another time, I would love to show up rattling chains and banging doors just to fuck with people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 30, 2010 11:08AM

itchy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> If I had the ability and technology to go into
> another dimension or another time, I would love to
> show up rattling chains and banging doors just to
> fuck with people.





I would be like the old man from Poltergeist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: itchy ()
Date: September 30, 2010 11:40AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would be like the old man from Poltergeist.


Awesome! I'd be decked out like Pinhead from Hellraisor, but I would be carrying a giant dildo, waking people up by slapping it on their forehead as they sleep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: What? ()
Date: September 30, 2010 02:32PM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This was a discussion I was having on the Burke
> forum, but I want to invite wider debate or
> discussion.
>
> My understanding is that ghosts are like video (or
> audio) recordings; they're imprints left behind of
> some energy (psychic, emotional, or maybe even
> electrical) from a living person, which is why
> they're so common.
>
> Spirits, on the other hand, are the motive energy
> or soul of a dead person, which almost always
> moves on after death, and therefore much more
> rare.
>
> I think that Burke is likely full of ghosts. The
> many tragedies I've read and written about in
> Burke pretty much ensure that. What I'm trying to
> do is like the ghosts to events, so I can
> understand why the ghosts are where they are.


What tragedies in burke do you speak of?

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 30, 2010 05:55PM

­



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 09:24PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Damn it ()
Date: September 30, 2010 06:08PM

No such thing as ghost. Grow up Chucky.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: jax ()
Date: October 01, 2010 06:08PM

yes they are ghosts slaves from the civil wars I saw a group of them crossing Roberts Rd one night this summer looked just like a pack of niggers crossing the road in old time clothes then I turned and they vanished just simply vanished

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: October 01, 2010 10:08PM

­



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 09:25PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: October 01, 2010 10:17PM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn it Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No such thing as ghost. Grow up Chucky.
>
> That is your opinion. If you can prove there is no
> such thing as a ghost, I will retract my
> statements.
>
> I have never seen a ghost, as I have said, but the
> young woman whose house thumped might disagree
> with you, as would our racist ghost witness.

It is impossible to prove something does not exist. It makes much more sense to assume that something does not exist until proven otherwise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Casper ()
Date: October 01, 2010 10:29PM

I have never seen a ghost. The people that I know who have seen them do a lot of drugs. The ones that don't see them don't do drugs. Not that I can prove a connection.

Options: ReplyQuote
­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: October 01, 2010 10:35PM

­



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2013 09:26PM by chuckhoffmann.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: The Congressman ()
Date: October 01, 2010 10:51PM

chuckhoffmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Congressman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It is impossible to prove something does not
> > exist. It makes much more sense to assume
> that
> > something does not exist until proven
> otherwise.
>
> Shucks, and here I was hoping I could sneak that
> by.
>
> However, your counter-example is flawed. Assuming
> non-existence works only in the absence of any
> evidence or phenomena.
>
> For example, if I am walking across railroad
> tracks and see a bright light, feel a loud
> rumbling, and hear a loud air horn, I should
> immediately assume that a train is about to hit me
> and I should get off the tracks as fast as I can.
>
> Now, it may just have been a couple of teenagers
> pulling a prank and I was in no real danger of
> being struck by a train, but assuming so would be
> a very risky proposition.


Your example is likewise flawed because any supposed evidence relating to the existence of ghosts is far less overt than evidence of an approaching train. NOBODY can produce convincing evidence of the existence of ghosts. You yourself have no first hand evidence. We can safely assume that ghosts and spirits do not exist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: October 01, 2010 11:00PM

The Congressman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> chuckhoffmann Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Congressman Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > It is impossible to prove something does not
> > > exist. It makes much more sense to assume
> > that
> > > something does not exist until proven
> > otherwise.
> >
> > Shucks, and here I was hoping I could sneak
> that
> > by.
> >
> > However, your counter-example is flawed.
> Assuming
> > non-existence works only in the absence of any
> > evidence or phenomena.
> >
> > For example, if I am walking across railroad
> > tracks and see a bright light, feel a loud
> > rumbling, and hear a loud air horn, I should
> > immediately assume that a train is about to hit
> me
> > and I should get off the tracks as fast as I
> can.
> >
> > Now, it may just have been a couple of
> teenagers
> > pulling a prank and I was in no real danger of
> > being struck by a train, but assuming so would
> be
> > a very risky proposition.
>
>
> Your example is likewise flawed because any
> supposed evidence relating to the existence of
> ghosts is far less overt than evidence of an
> approaching train. NOBODY can produce convincing
> evidence of the existence of ghosts. You yourself
> have no first hand evidence. We can safely assume
> that ghosts and spirits do not exist.

Based on that logic, you must not believe in Bigfoot or U.F.O.s

Or Bigfoots flying U.F.O.s
(hint: thats why you cant get a good picture of a Bigfoot)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Ghosts of Burke
Posted by: Marty ()
Date: October 02, 2010 08:33PM

Can I assume you're talking about God as well?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  **     **        **  **    **  ********  
  **  **   **     **        **  ***   **  **     ** 
   ****    **     **        **  ****  **  **     ** 
    **     **     **        **  ** ** **  ********  
    **      **   **   **    **  **  ****  **        
    **       ** **    **    **  **   ***  **        
    **        ***      ******   **    **  **        
This forum powered by Phorum.