HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
Chantilly High school Football
Posted by: tillyboy123 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 07:27PM

So what does everyone think about the Chantilly Football team? After gameday predicted the team would not win a single game this season they are now 4-0 and just recently demolished Woodson HS 45-19 in their homecoming game. So is Chantilly the best team in the Concord district?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chantilly High school Football
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: September 27, 2010 08:06PM

Still no match for Dillon. Coach Taylor has done an amazing job since losing Jason Street for the season. Matt Saracen stepped up, big time.

Posted by: tilly parent ()
Date: September 28, 2010 08:37AM

so proud of chantilly. this team was written off to suck this year and they are doing so well. let's go chargers. make it 5-0

Posted by: chs alum ()
Date: September 28, 2010 02:33PM

Get it done, Chantilly! So proud to be CHS alumni.

Posted by: Chargers rock ()
Date: September 28, 2010 02:40PM

Best HS is the region with-out a doubt, I love that I graduated from Chantilly and proud to be an alum......

Posted by: Major Movern ()
Date: September 28, 2010 03:32PM

Chargers rock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Best HS is the region with-out a doubt, I love
> that I graduated from Chantilly and proud to be an
> alum......

As a proud alum of the venerable Mount Vernon High School, I respectfully disagree and have submit my esteemable MVHS as the best school in the county!

Majors Rock!

Posted by: notclueless ()
Date: September 29, 2010 06:41PM

Dear Movern from Mt Vernon. I am LMFAO. Mt Vernon.

Posted by: Realistic Charger Fan ()
Date: September 29, 2010 07:09PM

tillyboy123 Wrote:
> So what does everyone think about the Chantilly
> Football team? After gameday predicted the team
> would not win a single game this season they are
> now 4-0 and just recently demolished Woodson HS
> 45-19 in their homecoming game. So is Chantilly
> the best team in the Concord district?

Ok what in the world are you talking about Chantilly not picked to win a single game? Show me a link because no way that was the case. They return almost every starter from a good 5-5 team last year (that came within a td of Robinson in the playoffs), ofcourse they're going to be real solid. I like the Chargers aswell and had high expectations heading into the year. So don't make up stuff.

In the district, Westfield lost to Stone Bridge and Lake Braddock two of the best teams in the state that would have easily beat Chantilly. Robinson is still very good, just that one shocking loss to Fairfax. Oakton and Centreville are both undefeated too. District play is going ot be fantastic this year. There's no doubt concord district football isn't the cream of the crop but no way to tell how Chantilly will do based on their out of district games.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: September 29, 2010 10:57PM

Agree with realistic. Chantilly was expected to be good. They look great this year as does everyone else in their district.

Date: September 29, 2010 11:48PM

As I posted in the other forum, high school football only prepares you for the real world inasmuch as it teaches you that life is a constant fight and battle for survival.

Other than that, remember that all glory is fleeting, and you're only as popular as your last box office.

Posted by: Eh. ()
Date: September 30, 2010 11:46AM

Oakton is undefeated because they haven't played anyone that's any good, i.e. Madison, W. Springfield, TC Williams, Annandale.

Date: September 30, 2010 01:20PM

Westfield has by far had the toughest but Chantilly's schedule has been a little tougher than Oakton's...

they played an underacheiving South County team that lost to Annandale, Langley which played them to ot and tore apart their secondary, West Potomac who's nothing special and Woodson who is far from the team they were last year losing to Lake Braddock 7-52.

Overall, the toughest games begin for all these teams when district play starts next Friday.

Posted by: vahsfootball5 ()
Date: October 04, 2010 11:43PM

What I cannot understand is how Chantilly cannot be ranked by the Washington Post. In Week 2, they were #23. In Week 3, they were #22. In Week 4, they were back at #23 after a trashing of arguably Lake Braddock's best competition in the Patriot, W.T. Woodson. After defeating Hayfield, they are still #21. They are 5-0 for the first time since Mike Lalli has been at the school. (In past years, hype has gotten them ranked in the Top 10 including the year they reached states vs. Osbourn). Now they are producing results. If you haven't noticed they have one of the best rushing games in the whole Metro area. Jimmy Hicks, Will Hill, Carson Romine, and Cory Donovan have combined for over 1400 yards in 5 games (Hicks and Hill are on pace to have 1000yd seasons a piece and Romine has a chance to have a 500yd one). (For those who aren't math majors, that's a team contributing to a 2500yd season). Not to mention Romine's passing has quietly gone under the radar (500 yds,5 TD,5INT).

Guys inside the Chantilly locker room just want Oakton and Chantilly to stay undefeated throughout District play the next 4 weeks (a decent probability) in order to force a Week 10 slugging match between the two teams for a legitimate District Championship and a premier playoff matchup.

Posted by: djflajdflka ()
Date: October 05, 2010 01:09AM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Westfield has by far had the toughest but
> Chantilly's schedule has been a little tougher
> than Oakton's...
>
> they played an underacheiving South County team
> that lost to Annandale, Langley which played them
> to ot and tore apart their secondary, West Potomac
> who's nothing special and Woodson who is far from
> the team they were last year losing to Lake
> Braddock 7-52.
>
> Overall, the toughest games begin for all these
> teams when district play starts next Friday.

The Post favors private schools, so don't expect them to care or give Chantilly any credit. The local papers have taken notice tho...I think they were ranked in a local region poll...

Date: October 05, 2010 08:57AM

vahsfootball5 Wrote:
> Guys inside the Chantilly locker room just want
> Oakton and Chantilly to stay undefeated throughout
> District play the next 4 weeks (a decent
> probability) in order to force a Week 10 slugging
> match between the two teams for a legitimate
> District Championship and a premier playoff
> matchup.

Guys in the locker room may want that, but Robinson and Westfield are both better and don't forget Centreville is stull undefeated. I believe Chantilly is better than Centreville and Oakton in that order. Robinson had that one ridiculous loss but just stunned Lake Braddock to make up for it. Westfield lost to Lake Braddock and Stone Bridge, if you're telling me Chantilly would have beat those teams I lose any respect for you.

Like I've said though, it should be a great 5 weeks of district play. It's up for grabs and Chantilly is more than capable of taking it. I do see them dropping to Robinson this week though.

Date: October 05, 2010 11:38PM

steve k2 Wrote:
>Robinson had that one ridiculous loss
> but just stunned Lake Braddock to make up for it.
> Westfield lost to Lake Braddock and Stone Bridge,
> if you're telling me Chantilly would have beat
> those teams I lose any respect for you.

Robinson did not just lose a game; they lose to Fairfax. The same Fairfax that after a Div. 6 to 5 transfer (thus a demotion from the Concorde) a new head coaching change, and a less than stellar talent base, soundly beat Robinson. To hold Velasquez to under 100 yds and LoPresti to 50 yds, that is a feat in itself. Robinson cannot make up a loss to that playing any high school team; I don't care about where Lake Braddock was ranked or anything like that (If Nebrich doesn't play well, LB is in trouble). If this season has taught any Northern Region football follower anything, it is that any team can beat any other team on Friday night regardless of rank, talent, or prestige. (W&L took down Hayfield...are we serious? They barely beat TJ at home).

Don't be surprised if you wake up on Saturday and see the box score as 31-21 Chantilly. Hicks, Will Hill, Romine, Donovan and Westermann are a 5 headed dragon of a rushing attack (more than 1400 yards. I'll remind you, more than any other rushing attack in the DC Metro Area). Not to mention the blatent fact that the Chantilly fan base travels better than any in the entire Region, making the game at James Robinson Secondary School seem like a home game on Friday.

History repeats itself. A good Chantilly team wins this series in the regular season. Robinson takes the cake if they meet in the playoffs. It's a virtual fact.

On another point, Manny Smith is the driving force behind Centreville. Stop him and stop Centreville. Centreville is about to run into some trouble with stellar run defenses in Chantilly, Robinson, and Westfield. They will finish last out of the Concorde teams in the running right now for that #1 spot.

Date: October 07, 2010 07:40PM

One thing I did find interesting was the Washington Post had Chantilly unrated saying they played one team with a winning record. Well so did Oakton and the Post has them at #10.

Chantilly is a good playoff team too. vahsfootball5 says Robinson wins in the playoffs against Chantilly all the time, how many times has that happened. I can only think last year when Robinson was a top team in the region and Chantilly lost by a td with a much weaker team.

My favorite stat is Chantilly has never beat Westfield in the regular season, but are 2-0 against them when it counts in the playoffs.

Date: October 08, 2010 02:35AM

steve k2 Wrote:
> > My favorite stat is Chantilly has never beat
> Westfield in the regular season, but are 2-0
> against them when it counts in the playoffs.

My favorite stat as well. If you remember Robinson stunned Chantilly 17-14 in a comeback win in the first playoff game of 2007-2008 season. At that point Chantilly was favored to go to the State Finals after their visit the past year. However, that same year they beat Robinson at homecoming 41-21. Chantilly will win this game. Their rushing attack, defense, and hometown crowd will lead them to victory at Robinson on Friday night.

Date: October 08, 2010 09:18AM

That's right. That cold rainy night, don't know how I forgot that game.

Although Westfield was favored that year, were undefeated, and ultimately won the state championship, I remember it was going to be such a hyped matchup as it was in the regular season and after that great region final the year before.

Posted by: 0ersterman ()
Date: October 08, 2010 10:54AM

steve k2 Wrote:
> That's right. That cold rainy night, don't know
> how I forgot that game.
>
Maybe too much K2?

Posted by: chs09 ()
Date: October 08, 2010 01:42PM

It really was a cold rainy night.

Date: October 08, 2010 11:28PM

Chantilly domination tonight after a slow first half. 24-14. The Romine Brothers (QB-Carson and DB/WR Sonny) came up with massive play after massive play and Westermann helped out with a critical INT of LoPresti. Chantilly's rushing attack is the real deal and anyone who says otherwise is just plain crazy (or stupid). This victory pits undefeated Chantilly against undefeated Centerville next week. And the Concorde just keeps getting more and more interesting....

Date: October 09, 2010 12:16PM

Should be a good couple of games coming up. Centreville is 6-0, and having a great year, but I have my doubts about how strong they really are. Right now I would have them behind Robinson, Westfield and Chantilly. So I expect Chantilly to move to 7-0. Regardless though, that Chantilly-Westfield game in two weeks is going to be BIG.

From what I've seen Chantilly has the talent to make a great run in the playoffs this year, but still does everyone else in the district except for Herndon.

Date: October 09, 2010 11:59PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> From what I've seen Chantilly has the talent to
> make a great run in the playoffs this year, but
> still does everyone else in the district except
> for Herndon.

Were you at the game on Friday? Chantilly is going to start steamrolling some of these teams in the Concorde. No one can stop their running game...and if they start to slow it, Carson Romine opens up the guns in a Chantilly passing attack that is peaking just at the right time. But, more importantly, this whole team has heart as seen mostly in the play of Sonny Romine on Friday.

After making a huge catch to keep a drive alive on 3rd down, and then later, on a seperate drive taking a massive blow from a Robinson linebacker (Sonny looked absolutely concussed after this play and laid on the field for about three minutes with medical attention...He was cleared and sent back in with the doctor's diagnosis of the wind knocked out)...He came back in on defense to get up on a jump-ball and pick LoPresti to seal the deal.

I will say it again. Chantilly is the real deal, folks. There is a reason why this team is the first Chantilly team to start a season 6-0 ever in school history (Yeah that is right...I am talking to you 1996 State Title Winners).

Posted by: djflajdflka ()
Date: October 10, 2010 03:40PM

The fairfax times sports ppl had Chantilly ranked in the preseason and I thought they were just joking. Sounds like they'r eprtty good.

Posted by: haha ()
Date: October 10, 2010 03:57PM

WF vs Oakton Point taken

Date: October 10, 2010 05:13PM

vahsfootball5 Wrote:
> steve k2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > From what I've seen Chantilly has the talent to
> > make a great run in the playoffs this year, but
> > still does everyone else in the district except
> > for Herndon.
>
> Were you at the game on Friday? Chantilly is going
> to start steamrolling some of these teams in the
> Concorde. No one can stop their running game...and
> if they start to slow it, Carson Romine opens up
> the guns in a Chantilly passing attack that is
> peaking just at the right time. But, more
> importantly, this whole team has heart as seen
> mostly in the play of Sonny Romine on Friday.
>
> After making a huge catch to keep a drive alive on
> 3rd down, and then later, on a seperate drive
> taking a massive blow from a Robinson linebacker
> (Sonny looked absolutely concussed after this play
> and laid on the field for about three minutes with
> medical attention...He was cleared and sent back
> in with the doctor's diagnosis of the wind knocked
> out)...He came back in on defense to get up on a
> jump-ball and pick LoPresti to seal the deal.
>
> I will say it again. Chantilly is the real deal,
> folks. There is a reason why this team is the
> first Chantilly team to start a season 6-0 ever in
> school history (Yeah that is right...I am talking
> to you 1996 State Title Winners).

You must be the Romine brothers' father, being as half your posts on here are about them. Keep in mind 4 of their 6 wins are against teams with .500 or below records. They're good but I liked the '06 rushing attack with Cross and Pace better.

A 10 point win at Robinson, while big, hardly suggests they'll dominate the concorde. Westfield and Centreville and still Oakton are fantastic teams too, that will all be in the playoffs and are all capable of winning the district. Chantilly's running attack is stopable. You're drinking the kool-aid too early. Enjoy the ride, but compose yourself.

Posted by: Concorde Football Fan ()
Date: October 10, 2010 10:07PM

First of all, no chance these posts are from Mr Romine. I know him quite well, and he had MUCH too much class to jock his sons, here or anywhere else,

The CHS running attack becomes very strong as the game progresses. Three very strong runners (four with Carson Romine) that wear down defenses in the second half. All three backs are juniors, so you will be seeing this script play out for a while. None are as overpowering as Pace two years ago, but Hicks and Hill both have the ability to run over defenders and take it to the house.

CHS defense is a quick and physical unit, No team (including Robinson) has been able to get to the edge with any consistency. The middle has been dominated by Nick Eccleston (first team all district as a junior). Small, but VERY strong and literally the quickest first step on the field every week.

CHS is the strongest Concorde team I have seen this year. Westfield is improving rapidly, Centreville has a strong running game but is a bit one dimensional (despite their passing yardage - racked up against very weak opponents). I have not seen Oakton play yet.

The next couple of weeks will be great. I wish they would split up game times so I could see them all!

Posted by: NotOakton ()
Date: October 10, 2010 10:28PM

Concorde Football Fan Wrote:
>
> I have not seen Oakton play yet.
>
You haven't missed much. Oakton vs Westfield was voted Fox5's game of the week this week. I lol'ed big time when the Fox reporter, when interviewing Westfield's head coach, referred to Oakton's QB as a "terror". What a f'in joke.

Posted by: Crazy Vicki ()
Date: October 11, 2010 12:01AM

When BATTLEFIELD H.S. beats Osbourn H.S. this week on the Fox 5 game of the week, everyone will see who the real power is in Northern VA. It's not those sissy schools from Fairfax, that's for sure.

Come on out to Haymarket and you'll get it.....Bobcat style.

Date: October 11, 2010 12:42AM

This is definitely not Mr. Romine. I know him as well and he has way, way too much class to post something about his own kids on the Internet. People like you and me do that for him. I like to talk about Chantilly football because they are on a roll and they are fun to watch...so Steve, don't hate.

Their offense is led by Carson Romine (this is a fact); although it may not be in the stats, he is the lifeblood of this team (even Mike Lalli, Chantilly's head coach said this in the preseason in an interview with Gameday Mag). That is why I talk about him. Next, Sonny Romine just happened to be Chantilly's leading receiver on Friday. If it was Trey Huelskamp like it usually is, I would've talked about him running up and down the field; however, Robinson covered him extremely well this past week. If you want me to talk about different Chantilly players, I'll tell you about Matt Melchiori & Ben Cobb's stellar middle linebacking or Nick Eccleston's tackle after tackle from the tackle position. Just say so...I would be glad to.

I will agree with you though. No one is as powerful or has a nose for the endzone like my boy Torrian (Pace) did. And he did it while smiling ear to ear.

As for the Concorde...all of these teams are playoff teams, the Power Points system rewards the Concorde's hard schedule that way. Chantilly, Centreville Oakton, Westfield and Robinson will make the playoffs (barring that one of these teams doesn't fall apart in the last few weeks).

And, Concorde Football Fan, I wish they could split the games up as well. Either that or have handheld TV's showing the other Concorde games while you were at your game of choice that week.

Posted by: `~` ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:35AM

Crazy Vicki Wrote:
> When BATTLEFIELD H.S. beats Osbourn H.S. this week
> on the Fox 5 game of the week, everyone will see
> who the real power is in Northern VA. It's not
> those sissy schools from Fairfax, that's for
> sure.
>
> Come on out to Haymarket and you'll get
> it.....Bobcat style.

Last year Bobcat style was losing in OT to a sissy Fairfax team.

Not to mention this year's Bobcats couldn't handle the pressure of the school's regular season winning streak....

Sorry your team is terrible.

Posted by: CHS '98 ()
Date: October 11, 2010 10:33AM

vahsfootball5,

It was a long time ago but I do believe that our '94, and '95 teams both started out at least 6-0. '94 I'm not positive because we only had one loss when we played Annandale for the Regional Championship, but '95 we were undefeated when we played Lake Braddock in the Regional Championship.

I don't mean to knit pick, as I'm excited about our strong start to the season, but we old school guys don't like to be sold short.

Date: October 11, 2010 04:55PM

CHS '98 Wrote:
> vahsfootball5,
>
> It was a long time ago but I do believe that our
> '94, and '95 teams both started out at least 6-0.
> '94 I'm not positive because we only had one loss
> when we played Annandale for the Regional
> Championship, but '95 we were undefeated when we
> played Lake Braddock in the Regional
> Championship.
>
> I don't mean to knit pick, as I'm excited about
> our strong start to the season, but we old school
> guys don't like to be sold short.

I guess they don't keep records that long anymore. The school administration keeps telling the Chantilly guys that this is the first time ever. But much respect for the "old school guys" like yourself on here.

Posted by: chantilly parent ()
Date: October 15, 2010 09:28AM

everyone excited about the big game tonight? chantilly vs. centreville? who's gonna take the win? my biased vote is for chantilly. only sorry they didn't earn "game of the week" with fox5. would have been cool to see them on tv.

Posted by: Nope ()
Date: October 15, 2010 11:57AM

chantilly parent Wrote:
> everyone excited about the big game tonight?
> chantilly vs. centreville? who's gonna take the
> win? my biased vote is for chantilly. only sorry
> they didn't earn "game of the week" with fox5.
> would have been cool to see them on tv.

Game of the week is not televised live.

Date: October 15, 2010 12:32PM

"Game of the week is not televised live."

DUH...

Date: October 15, 2010 03:17PM

Should be a good game. Esspecialy with Chantilly always playing pretty bad against Centreville. Despite both being undefeated I think Chantilly is a lot stronger than Centreville this year and imagine they'll get a fairly comfortable win.

The real one to get pumped for is Chantilly and Westfield next week. Despite Westfield's 2 losses (to fantastic teams) there is no doubt in my mind they're a much stronger team than Centreville is.

I'll be pulling for Chantilly in both.

Posted by: Manil ()
Date: October 15, 2010 04:22PM

The Centreville High School footbal team is going to dominate the fields.
GO CENTREVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: October 15, 2010 06:32PM

steve k2 Wrote:
>
> The real one to get pumped for is Chantilly and
> Westfield next week. Despite Westfield's 2 losses
> (to fantastic teams) there is no doubt in my mind
> they're a much stronger team than Centreville is.
>

Not so sure about that. Westfield only beat Oakton by a touchdown at home, and Oakton is arguably much weaker than Chantilly.

Posted by: lur king ()
Date: October 15, 2010 11:13PM

Who won tonight, C'ville or Chantilly?

Date: October 15, 2010 11:28PM

Centreville 27, Chantilly 26 2/ot

The refs made a phantom call after a 4th and goal stop by Chantilly, well after the play was over too for roughing the passer. The automatic chantilly kicker missed 2xp's including the game winner, then in 2ot Centreville went for 2 and the win and got it.

Frustrating loss, Chantilly played way too conservative despite the wind, and then a couple bone head penalties and the refs making up a couple at the end did them in. The Concorde is still wide open though. I honestly think Centreville will lose their last 3 games after starting 7-0 they face: Oakton, Robinson, Westfield.

Centreville 2-0
Chantilly 1-1
Robinson 1-1
Westfield 1-1
Oakton 1-1
Herndon 0-2

Posted by: Cougar dot com ()
Date: October 16, 2010 02:09AM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Centreville 27, Chantilly 26 2/ot
>
> The refs made a phantom call after a 4th and goal
> stop by Chantilly, well after the play was over
> too for roughing the passer. The automatic
> chantilly kicker missed 2xp's including the game
> winner, then in 2ot Centreville went for 2 and the
> win and got it.
>
> Frustrating loss, Chantilly played way too
> conservative despite the wind, and then a couple
> bone head penalties and the refs making up a
> couple at the end did them in. The Concorde is
> still wide open though. I honestly think
> Centreville will lose their last 3 games after
> starting 7-0 they face: Oakton, Robinson,
> Westfield.
>
> Centreville 2-0
> Chantilly 1-1
> Robinson 1-1
> Westfield 1-1
> Oakton 1-1
> Herndon 0-2

If I am reading this correctly, does this mean that Oakton beat Robinson tonight?

Posted by: smartypants ()
Date: October 16, 2010 06:05AM

You can do the math. Chantilly should be renamed to Fairfax Central and everything revolves aroud this great school. They just need astroturf field.

Date: October 16, 2010 08:37AM

No smarty, Robinson's district loss was to Chantilly last week.

Last night:
Westfield 0 @ Robinson 14
Herndon 30 @ Oakton 56
Chantilly 26 @ Centreville 27 2ot

Posted by: chargers are pretenders ()
Date: October 16, 2010 04:33PM

Centreville is far superior to Chantilly.

Better coaching, better offense, even defense.

Just put 8 in the box and stop that joke of a team. They'll run 90% of the time, if you cram the middle they struggle like crazy. They can go outside but no one has break away speed on Chantilly.

Defense can leave the tight ends and receivers fairly open too, they'll make some plays in the passing game, but 90% of the time no matter how open the guy is he won't be passed to with Chantilly's stubborn offense.

Then finally Chantilly has some okay saftey play, but if you air it long against chantilly you're almost guarenteed to make plays. They can't cover average receivers, they never turn their head, teams that go long are guarenteed to have big plays against chantilly by either completions or pass interference penalties.

Posted by: senior ()
Date: October 16, 2010 05:20PM

chargers are pretenders Wrote:
> Centreville is far superior to Chantilly.
>
> Better coaching, better offense, even defense.
>
> Just put 8 in the box and stop that joke of a
> team. They'll run 90% of the time, if you cram
> the middle they struggle like crazy. They can go
> outside but no one has break away speed on
> Chantilly.
>
> Defense can leave the tight ends and receivers
> fairly open too, they'll make some plays in the
> passing game, but 90% of the time no matter how
> open the guy is he won't be passed to with
> Chantilly's stubborn offense.
>
> Then finally Chantilly has some okay saftey play,
> but if you air it long against chantilly you're
> almost guarenteed to make plays. They can't cover
> average receivers, they never turn their head,
> teams that go long are guarenteed to have big
> plays against chantilly by either completions or
> pass interference penalties.

Thank you Mel Kiper Jr.

Posted by: samiam ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:01PM

chargers are pretenders Wrote:
> Centreville is far superior to Chantilly.
>
> Better coaching, better offense, even defense.
>
> Just put 8 in the box and stop that joke of a
> team. They'll run 90% of the time, if you cram
> the middle they struggle like crazy. They can go
> outside but no one has break away speed on
> Chantilly.
>
> Defense can leave the tight ends and receivers
> fairly open too, they'll make some plays in the
> passing game, but 90% of the time no matter how
> open the guy is he won't be passed to with
> Chantilly's stubborn offense.
>
> Then finally Chantilly has some okay saftey play,
> but if you air it long against chantilly you're
> almost guarenteed to make plays. They can't cover
> average receivers, they never turn their head,
> teams that go long are guarenteed to have big
> plays against chantilly by either completions or
> pass interference penalties.

Centreville got so lucky. They got more breaks in that game that went their way. It was almost comical. The refs should be fired. In a game that is as close to a district championship atomsphere as this one was...the refs need to stay out of it. In the Robinson game, about 4 penalties were called. Perfect amount. But to call roughing the passer in the 4th quarter on 4th down (and it was a late flag) where Roman wasn't plowed into the ground...is 100% inexcusable. Not to mention that Chantilly made stupid mental mistake after mistake in the 4th quarter.

This is the second game that Centreville has squeaked out of with a W (South County and Chantilly games). Centreville will lose their last three games and I hope the first round playoff matchup is #2 Chantilly vs. #7 Centreville.

Date: October 18, 2010 10:07AM

I agree. The refs won the game for Centreville. I swear their purpose was to end Chantilly's winning streak. I don't know what it is with the refs and the media. We get no love.

I hope Centreville loses their next three. They played well Friday, but not well enough to have taken home the win. Without the refs help, that was all Chantilly.

But besides that, I know that Chantilly will continue to play fiercely. Here's to a win against Westfields on Friday.

Posted by: bitter pill ()
Date: October 18, 2010 06:54PM

chantilly parent Wrote:
> I agree. The refs won the game for Centreville. I
> swear their purpose was to end Chantilly's winning
> streak. I don't know what it is with the refs and
> the media. We get no love.
>
> I hope Centreville loses their next three. They
> played well Friday, but not well enough to have
> taken home the win. Without the refs help, that
> was all Chantilly.
>
> But besides that, I know that Chantilly will
> continue to play fiercely. Here's to a win against
> Westfields on Friday.

I don't understand. You said that Centreville didn't play well enough to win, yet they did win. I realize that you are clueless about football but let me explain something.

Centreville is now ranked 8th in the area. The only teams ahead of them in Northern Virginia are Osbourne in Manassas and Stone Bridge in Ashburn. So Centreville is the highest ranked team in Fairfax County. Also, Chantilly only dropped one spot so apparently people who actually know something about football give Centreville more credit than you do.

Rather than being bitter about a tough loss in a hard played game maybe you should give recognition to the players for fighting hard.

Date: October 18, 2010 08:35PM

bitter pill enjoy the win, Centreville will probably drop its final 3.

I was there on Friday, Centreville is good, but Chantilly really beat themselves. An offsides on 4th and 3 that led to a touchdown instead of a punt, 2 missed xp's, then two ridiculous 4th quarter calls by the ref crew.

It's a great district this year, it would suprise no one if Chantilly, Centreville, Westfield, Robinson or Oakton made it all the way to states, and all 5 are locks for the playoffs and all still in the regular season chase for the district title.

Posted by: chatowndown ()
Date: October 19, 2010 06:36PM

Bitter Pill,

You have no idea what you are talking about.

1) You are obviously using the Washington Post’s rankings as your basis for your post. These rankings have no value...anywhere and with anyone. The 4 guys who make them and write columns for the Post spend about 5 minutes deciding who goes where (as for their writing, it is all statistics, no analysis...a 3 year old can do that without going to a single high school football game).

2) No one cares about Stone Bridge and Osbourn. They are both Division 5 teams; therefore, they do not matter at all when we are talking about Chantilly or Centreville or any other team in the Concorde or Division 6 for that matter.

3) The only rankings that matter are the VHSL Power Points for Division 6 as these decide playoff teams and seedings. In these, Chantilly was #1 until their loss last week. That is NUMBER ONE IN THE ENTIRE STATE OF VIRGINIA. Now, Centreville is number one for one reason and that sole reason alone...They just beat the reigning #1 team, Chantilly.

4) To say that Centreville’s offense, defense and coaching are better than Chantilly’s is just plain wrong.

Offense: It has been said many times on this forum that Chantilly has the best rushing attack in the entire DC Metro Area. This is true. Go check your beloved Post if you don’t believe it. Manny Smith needs about 300 more yards to come close to Will Hill and Jimmy Hicks’s production. You can say that Centreville has better passing stats...but that should be expected. They have played worse pass defenses this year than Chantilly and they throw the ball more.
Big surprise.

Defense: Chantilly’s defense is worse? Are you kidding me? They have just stoned both “THE TORRID†Jared Velasquez and “THE SAVIOR†Manny Smith to 60 yards a pop in back to back weeks. Run defense...check. Chantilly’s pass defense has also shown promise all season. First, they held West Potomac’s gunslinger (and All-Met Candidate), Nik Dimitrijevic, to his second-worst game of the year. Also, they accumulate interceptions almost every game, even though they “do not turn their headsâ€.

Coaching: Mike Lalli has coached a team to the 2006 State Title Game. Haddock hasn’t. Easy.

5) samiam is SO right. Centreville has gotten lucky twice already this year...It is going to take them a lot more luck to get them anywhere close to the #1 seed in the State and in the Northern Region.

In conclusion, bitter pill...you have been erroneous in most of your accounts and it is you who needs to learn a thing or two about Football, especially at the high school level.

Date: October 19, 2010 06:54PM

chatowndown Wrote:
> Bitter Pill,
>
> You have no idea what you are talking about.
>
> 1) You are obviously using the Washington Post’s
> rankings as your basis for your post. These
> rankings have no value...anywhere and with anyone.
> The 4 guys who make them and write columns for the
> Post spend about 5 minutes deciding who goes where
> (as for their writing, it is all statistics, no
> analysis...a 3 year old can do that without going
> to a single high school football game).
>
> 2) No one cares about Stone Bridge and Osbourn.
> They are both Division 5 teams; therefore, they do
> not matter at all when we are talking about
> Chantilly or Centreville or any other team in the
> Concorde or Division 6 for that matter.
>
> 3) The only rankings that matter are the VHSL
> Power Points for Division 6 as these decide
> playoff teams and seedings. In these, Chantilly
> was #1 until their loss last week. That is NUMBER
> ONE IN THE ENTIRE STATE OF VIRGINIA. Now,
> Centreville is number one for one reason and that
> sole reason alone...They just beat the reigning #1
> team, Chantilly.
>
> 4) To say that Centreville’s offense, defense
> and coaching are better than Chantilly’s is just
> plain wrong.
>
> Offense: It has been said many times on this
> forum that Chantilly has the best rushing attack
> in the entire DC Metro Area. This is true. Go
> check your beloved Post if you don’t believe it.
> Manny Smith needs about 300 more yards to come
> close to Will Hill and Jimmy Hicks’s production.
> You can say that Centreville has better passing
> stats...but that should be expected. They have
> played worse pass defenses this year than
> Chantilly and they throw the ball more.
> Big surprise.
>
> Defense: Chantilly’s defense is worse? Are you
> kidding me? They have just stoned both “THE
> TORRID†Jared Velasquez and “THE SAVIORâ€
> Manny Smith to 60 yards a pop in back to back
> weeks. Run defense...check. Chantilly’s pass
> defense has also shown promise all season. First,
> they held West Potomac’s gunslinger (and All-Met
> Candidate), Nik Dimitrijevic, to his second-worst
> game of the year. Also, they accumulate
> interceptions almost every game, even though they
> “do not turn their headsâ€.
>
> Coaching: Mike Lalli has coached a team to the
> 2006 State Title Game. Haddock hasn’t. Easy.
>
> 5) samiam is SO right. Centreville has gotten
> lucky twice already this year...It is going to
> take them a lot more luck to get them anywhere
> close to the #1 seed in the State and in the
> Northern Region.
>
> In conclusion, bitter pill...you have been
> erroneous in most of your accounts and it is you
> who needs to learn a thing or two about Football,
> especially at the high school level.

Centreville 28 Chantilly 27 is all I need to know

Date: October 19, 2010 07:01PM

Bitter pill you are ridiculous.

Chantilly had the chance to win in the first OT. If Germain would have made the kick or Chantilly had gone for two and gotten it...we would be talking about Chantilly possibly going undefeated this season and you would have never posted on this forum in the first place.

Consider yourself lucky and quit saying stupid stuff.

Date: October 19, 2010 07:08PM

You are ridiculous and a sore loser. If Chantilly had won I wouldn't be complaining about the 2 extra points that Centreville missed, I would be tipping my cap to the Chantilly players. I'm just glad that our inferior coach had the balls and brains to go for 2 and the win.

Date: October 19, 2010 08:03PM

You would have never posted on this forum saying, "Good job to Chantilly for pulling out the win tonight against Centreville". That would just make you a stupid loser. I am just critiquing the game. You are making comments that Centreville is better than Chantilly just because of this one game...I'm saying this game was a fluke. Come at Chantilly in the playoffs. By the way, don't pay off the refs this time. Oh and when you lose the next 3, the next Chantilly-Centreville will be at Chantilly. Good luck winning in that environment.

Posted by: get real ()
Date: October 19, 2010 09:24PM

chatowndown Wrote:
> Offense: It has been said many times on this
> forum that Chantilly has the best rushing attack
> in the entire DC Metro Area. This is true. Go
> check your beloved Post if you don’t believe it.
> Manny Smith needs about 300 more yards to come
> close to Will Hill and Jimmy Hicks’s production.
> You can say that Centreville has better passing
> stats...but that should be expected. They have
> played worse pass defenses this year than
> Chantilly and they throw the ball more.
> Big surprise.
>
> Defense: Chantilly’s defense is worse? Are you
> kidding me? They have just stoned both “THE
> TORRID†Jared Velasquez and “THE SAVIORâ€
> Manny Smith to 60 yards a pop in back to back
> weeks. Run defense...check. Chantilly’s pass
> defense has also shown promise all season. First,
> they held West Potomac’s gunslinger (and All-Met
> Candidate), Nik Dimitrijevic, to his second-worst
> game of the year. Also, they accumulate
> interceptions almost every game, even though they
> “do not turn their headsâ€.
>
> Coaching: Mike Lalli has coached a team to the
> 2006 State Title Game. Haddock hasn’t. Easy.
>
> 5) samiam is SO right. Centreville has gotten
> lucky twice already this year...It is going to
> take them a lot more luck to get them anywhere
> close to the #1 seed in the State and in the
> Northern Region.
>
> In conclusion, bitter pill...you have been
> erroneous in most of your accounts and it is you
> who needs to learn a thing or two about Football,
> especially at the high school level.

Okay, lets get real here. Offensively, you're comparing the prodictivity of two running backs and a team that runs almost all the time against one running back and a team that has more of a passing attack. Offensively Centreville has put up more points a game.

Defensively, both can stop the run. Chantilly's passing defense is a joke though. They intercept a few passes, that doesn't mean they're formidable. As you said they don't turn their heads and they get burned for a long pass atleast once a game. If I'm a coach I'm going lond on that secondary every game, and I suspect Westfield and Oakton most certainly well expose this. Look back at the Langley game, when they put up 35 as they let Lantley pass at will. They end up facing Lake Braddock in the playoffs, they're absolutely dead with the pass defense.

Coaching wise, everyone respects Haddock. He started turning around Fairfax who had been a joke for a decade and now has rejuvenated another program in Centreville. Lalli wasted fantastic teams in '07-'08 with a 5 play offense. I've talked to players from those teams that said the talent got those wins not the coaching. Ofcourse you're going to win more at Chantilly than Fairfax off the bat with great youth programs and high skilled players coming up.

Chantilly has gotten lucky too this year. Look at the Langley game.

I'm by no means saying Centreville is better than Chantilly, but I am saying your arguments are ignorant and to call someone else that is baffling. The fact is Centreville won. This is all a mute point though, because neither will be in the region championship.

Date: October 20, 2010 12:14AM

get real Wrote:
> chatowndown Wrote:
> -----
> > Offense: It has been said many times on this
> > forum that Chantilly has the best rushing
> attack
> > in the entire DC Metro Area. This is true. Go
> > check your beloved Post if you don’t believe
> it.
> > Manny Smith needs about 300 more yards to come
> > close to Will Hill and Jimmy Hicks’s
> production.
> > You can say that Centreville has better passing
> > stats...but that should be expected. They have
> > played worse pass defenses this year than
> > Chantilly and they throw the ball more.
> > Big surprise.
> >
> > Defense: Chantilly’s defense is worse? Are
> you
> > kidding me? They have just stoned both “THE
> > TORRID†Jared Velasquez and “THE SAVIORâ€
> > Manny Smith to 60 yards a pop in back to back
> > weeks. Run defense...check. Chantilly’s pass
> > defense has also shown promise all season.
> First,
> > they held West Potomac’s gunslinger (and
> All-Met
> > Candidate), Nik Dimitrijevic, to his
> second-worst
> > game of the year. Also, they accumulate
> > interceptions almost every game, even though
> they
> > “do not turn their headsâ€.
> >
> > Coaching: Mike Lalli has coached a team to the
> > 2006 State Title Game. Haddock hasn’t. Easy.
> >
> > 5) samiam is SO right. Centreville has gotten
> > lucky twice already this year...It is going to
> > take them a lot more luck to get them anywhere
> > close to the #1 seed in the State and in the
> > Northern Region.
> >
> > In conclusion, bitter pill...you have been
> > erroneous in most of your accounts and it is
> you
> > who needs to learn a thing or two about
> Football,
> > especially at the high school level.
>
>
> Okay, lets get real here. Offensively, you're
> comparing the prodictivity of two running backs
> and a team that runs almost all the time against
> one running back and a team that has more of a
> passing attack. Offensively Centreville has put
> up more points a game.
>
> Defensively, both can stop the run. Chantilly's
> passing defense is a joke though. They intercept
> a few passes, that doesn't mean they're
> formidable. As you said they don't turn their
> heads and they get burned for a long pass atleast
> once a game. If I'm a coach I'm going lond on
> that secondary every game, and I suspect Westfield
> and Oakton most certainly well expose this. Look
> back at the Langley game, when they put up 35 as
> they let Lantley pass at will. They end up facing
> Lake Braddock in the playoffs, they're absolutely
> dead with the pass defense.
>
> Coaching wise, everyone respects Haddock. He
> started turning around Fairfax who had been a joke
> for a decade and now has rejuvenated another
> program in Centreville. Lalli wasted fantastic
> teams in '07-'08 with a 5 play offense. I've
> talked to players from those teams that said the
> talent got those wins not the coaching. Ofcourse
> you're going to win more at Chantilly than Fairfax
> off the bat with great youth programs and high
> skilled players coming up.
>
> Chantilly has gotten lucky too this year. Look at
> the Langley game.
>
> I'm by no means saying Centreville is better than
> Chantilly, but I am saying your arguments are
> ignorant and to call someone else that is
> baffling. The fact is Centreville won. This is
> all a mute point though, because neither will be
> in the region championship.

Good post get real. You said it better than myself. Like you I don't know who is the better team. I only said, in response to some uninformed mother, that Centreville was good enough to win that night. Because they did. I would have never posted if someone hadn't whined and said that the refs were paid, and gave no credit to the Centreville guys for even keeping it close.

Whatever happens the rest of the season takes nothing away from what Centreville did that night.

Posted by: Stone Bridge would kick your a$$, BTW ()
Date: October 20, 2010 01:59AM

>The fact is Centreville won. This is
> all a mute point though, because neither will be
> in the region championship.

Is it a mute point because no one can hear you making it?

Posted by: samiam ()
Date: October 20, 2010 01:07PM

Centreville did keep it close all night. It just took some help from the refs to push Centreville over Chantilly. That's all I am saying.

We will see who has the better defenses and offenses and coaching when Centreville starts playing the tougher opponents, both in general and in the Concorde i.e. Oakton, Westfield, Robinson. It's hard to compare offenses and defenses when Centreville has played an infinitely easier schedule than Chantilly up to this point.

Date: October 23, 2010 09:11AM

Friday's Results with just two weeks remaining:

Westfield 14 @ Chantilly 17
Oakton 16 @ Centreville 30
Madison 21 @ Robinson 41 (non-district)

Concorde Standings
Centreville 8-0 (3-0)
Chantilly 7-1 (2-1)
Robinson 6-2 (2-1)
Westfield 4-4 (1-2)
Oakton 6-2 (1-2)
Herndon 1-6 (0-3)

Date: October 23, 2010 12:28PM

I feel bad for herndon haha I wish Fairfax was still in the Concorde District...Tilly's got heart baby! Clutch field goal...now I wish that had happened against centreville

Posted by: HerndonHornet ()
Date: October 23, 2010 01:42PM

Herndon's just going through a rough stretch in the program. Not much football talent coming up. They'll be competitive soon enough.

In the meantime we have basketball to look forward too! With Savage gone from Chantilly and a beast freshmen class with a couple likely on varsity, we're probably the team to beat in the Concorde.

Posted by: brilliant ()
Date: October 23, 2010 03:23PM

what are all of you chs fans doing with your ridiculous 6-0 lawn signs? Maybe you should have used that money for your new turf field which will replace the expensive field you just got 5 years ago, what a group

Date: October 23, 2010 04:08PM

Hey Brilliant,
I do not posse a 6-0 sign but, Westfields can thank Chantilly Youth Association for it's new turf field. Where is SYA when you need them? Your welcome in advance WHS. FYI, signs like that with the stands run about 2.50 each, can't even buy a gallon of gas with that.

Posted by: sac up ()
Date: October 25, 2010 02:25AM

Just a friendly look ahead at the rest of the season and into the playoffs for the Northern Region.

Projections
Week 9

Centreville (8-0,3-0) @ Westfield (4-4,1-2)-Westfield 24-21
Herndon (1-7,0-3) @ Chantilly (7-1,2-1)-Chantilly 45-7
Robinson (6-2,2-1) @ Oakton (6-2,1-2)-Robinson 17-10

Projected Post-Week 9 Standings
Centreville 8-1 3-1
Chantilly 8-1 3-1
Robinson 7-2 3-1
Oakton 6-3 1-3
Westfield 5-4 2-2
Herndon 1-8 0-4

Week 10

Centreville (8-1 3-1) @ Robinson (7-2 3-1)-Robinson 28-21
Chantilly (8-1 3-1) @ Oakton (6-3 1-3)-Chantilly 35-28
Westfield (5-4 2-2) @ Herndon (1-8 0-4)-Westfield 28-7

Projected Post-Week 10 Standings
Chantilly 9-1 4-1
Robinson 8-2 4-1
Centreville 8-2 3-2
Westfield 6-4 3-2
Oakton 6-4 1-4
Herndon 1-9 0-5

Non-Concorde Projected Playoff Teams (based on remaining schedule)
Fairfax 6-4 5-3
Lake Braddock 9-1 7-0
West Potomac 7-3 6-1

Division 6 Playoff Picture (seedings based on powerpoints)
#1 Chantilly vs. #8 Fairfax
#2 Lake Braddock vs. #7 West Potomac
#3 Robinson vs. #6 Oakton
#4 Centreville vs. #5 Westfield

Pick ‘em how you will but I see some rivalry games in the Semis

#1 Chantilly vs. #5 Westfield
#2 Lake Braddock vs. #3 Robinson

Then Region Final...

#1 Chantilly vs. #2 Lake Braddock

Posted by: landry ()
Date: October 27, 2010 10:46AM

Dream on

Date: October 27, 2010 05:19PM

@landry

If you have a better suggestion, post it.

Posted by: landry ()
Date: October 27, 2010 05:41PM

Just because your redneck egos say its so, Chantilly doesnt have a prayer of beIing in the region final.

Date: October 27, 2010 06:54PM

Hahaha you think I'm a redneck, boy? You better get yourself a Pamper check. Chantilly has every chance of going to the Region Final.

Date: October 27, 2010 08:16PM

All I know for sure is that Centreville sucks and has played nobody and they pay the refs. They will surely lose their last 4, no wait 3, no wait 2 last games plus the playoff game. lol.

Date: October 28, 2010 03:35PM

Haha I'm just waiting until Centreville has to play a team that they haven't been watching tape for 3 weeks on like they did with Chantilly and Oakton.

Posted by: hs football fan ()
Date: October 28, 2010 03:39PM

it's highly likely centreville will lose to westfield. westfield has a lot riding on this game and they will fight hard for a win.

Posted by: what!!?? ()
Date: October 28, 2010 07:50PM

chatowndown Wrote:
> Haha I'm just waiting until Centreville has to
> play a team that they haven't been watching tape
> for 3 weeks on like they did with Chantilly and
> Oakton.

So Chantilly and Oakton didn't have the opportunity to watch film on Centreville? Damn you have some lame ass excuses.

Date: October 29, 2010 12:36AM

what!!?? Wrote:
> So Chantilly and Oakton didn't have the
> opportunity to watch film on Centreville? Damn you
> have some lame ass excuses.

Well first I have friends on the Centreville team and they were the ones telling me this.

Secondly, only Centreville could afford to do that seeing as they played cupcakes, Mount Vernon and Herndon in the weeks prior. Chantilly and Oakton were playing actual competition in Robinson for Chantilly and Westfield for Oakton.

So, Haddock prepared his team well. Lalli prepared his team well too in less time. It was an even game and even you have to admit that. Read the Centre View or the Washington Post articles about the game if you think that Centreville didn't get any breaks in that game though.

Posted by: Tilly ()
Date: October 29, 2010 12:41PM

So who are they playing tonight?

Posted by: Tillystudent ()
Date: October 29, 2010 01:00PM

Robinson?

Date: October 29, 2010 01:14PM

Herndon

Date: October 29, 2010 02:39PM

Herndon.

Chantilly has to come out and play like they have played all season. They can't afford a close game with Herndon.

Date: October 29, 2010 08:52PM

Chantilly 20-3 Herndon HALF
Westfield 14-0 Centreville HALF
Robinson 7-7 Oakton HALF

Date: October 29, 2010 11:20PM

bitter pill Wrote:
> All I know for sure is that Centreville sucks and
> has played nobody and they pay the refs. They
> will surely lose their last 4, no wait 3, no wait
> 2 last games plus the playoff game. lol.

lol. there's one game down. Chantilly=Number 1 in the State again.

Date: October 29, 2010 11:26PM

Chantilly 27-10 Herndon
Clean game played by Chantilly. Just what they needed to keep momentum after beating Westfield.

Westfield 35-14 Centreville
Absolute destruction of Centreville. Was 28-0 with 7 mins to go in the 4th. Centreville scores 14 quick points but Westfield puts the knife in and twists it with another TD.

Robinson 21-14 Oakton
Robinson scores with 21 seconds left to win. 2nd Robinson TD was a 98 yd kick return.

Sets up an interesting Week 10.

Posted by: WESTFIELD WEOOOOO! ()
Date: October 29, 2010 11:33PM

FUCK YEA WESTFIELD! WESTFIELD! WESTFIELD! i fuck with that win against those pussy cats from centreville, getthefuckouttaourHOUSE SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: tillydrunkstudent ()
Date: October 30, 2010 04:33AM

Westfield. I'm drunk and I can even respond to your post. Go f=== yourself. Chatown rules baby. #1 baby. Lick my sack. Westfield can suck it. They are in 3rd. Centreville can suck it...they are in at least 2nd in the state. Chantilly is numbro uno...unless Bayside has it. Chantilly deserves to be numbro uno in the state. Centreville is at least 4th in the state. f centreville. northern region is ours biotch.

Date: October 30, 2010 12:26PM

Here is the playoff scenario according to the Washington Pose:

By Josh Barr
Saturday, October 30, 2010; 12:53 AM

The playoff picture is starting to come into focus in Virginia. Here is a look at who's in and who still has work to do in the AAA Northern Region.

AAA Northern Region Division 6

In: Centreville (8-1), Chantilly (8-1), Lake Braddock (8-1), Robinson(7-2), West Potomac (6-3), Westfield(5-4)

In with a win: Oakton(6-3)

Still alive: Fairfax (5-4), Langley (5-4), T.C. Williams (5-4)

Skinny: Oakton hosts Chantilly next week in a must-win game. Fairfax travels to Jefferson, Langley plays McLean and T.C. Williams ends with Lee.

AAA Northern Region Division 5

In: Stone Bridge(9-0), McLean (8-1), Yorktown (8-1), South Lakes (7-2), Washington-Lee (5-4) Mount Vernon (4-5)

In with a win: Hayfield (5-4), Stuart (4-5), Edison (3-6)

Skinny: Stone Bridge is in line for the top seed but hasn't wrapped it up yet. Washington-Lee earned its spot with a 41-12 win over Wakefield on Friday. The winner of Edison-Hayfield next Friday gets in. Stuart is in with a win over Falls Church. If Stuart loses, then Hayfield is in regardless of what it does against Edison.

Date: October 30, 2010 01:48PM

chatowndown Wrote:
> bitter pill Wrote:
> -----
> > All I know for sure is that Centreville sucks
> and
> > has played nobody and they pay the refs. They
> > will surely lose their last 4, no wait 3, no
> wait
> > 2 last games plus the playoff game. lol.
>
>
> lol. there's one game down. Chantilly=Number 1 in
> the State again.

Lol is right. You remind me of my little boy, who likes to make predictions on every pitch or football play. Every now and then he is right and thinks he's a boy genius. Are you also 10 years old? lol

Date: October 30, 2010 01:58PM

Boy Wonder actually.

A) You are a grown man posting online about high school football...on a other team's forum.

B) You are a grown man who writes lol

Get a life.

Date: October 30, 2010 04:01PM

This forum is suppose to be just about how Chantilly is doing in relation with other schools in the districts so you can talk bout other schools and stuff also but don't be bashing people over the internet...just bash every team other then Chantilly cause let's get real nobody is better then the Chargers

Date: October 31, 2010 03:09AM

Amen brother.

Date: October 31, 2010 10:56PM

THANKS TO VA PREPS

Northern Region Postseason Races per Leonard Pumphrey Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With one week left to play in the Northern Region, most of the spots in the postseason have been clinched but the seeds have not. Taking a look around the NoVa Region...

Division Six

Centreville 283

Chantilly 280

Lake Braddock 271

Robinson 259

Westfield 248

West Potomac 239

Fairfax 233

Oakton 232

LAST OUT
TC Williams 228

Langley 218

Centreville will clinch first seed with a victory over Robinson.

Chantilly needs to defeat Oakton in order to secure the second seed. If they win and Centreville loses to Robinson, the Chargers get first seed.

Lake Braddock secures the third seed with a win West Springfield and their rider point disadvantage appears to be too much for them to grab the top seed, but enough for them to take second seed if Chantilly loses.

Robinson securely is in fourth even with a loss to Centreville and a Westfield win over Herndon as it appears the rider points will keep them ahead of the Bulldogs. Likewise, a bunch games would have to break right for them to catch Lake Braddock if the Bruins were to lose.

Westfield is about the same predicament as Robinson. With a win they secure the fifth seed rider points look strong enough to hold off West Potomac even with a loss.

West Potomac secures sixth place with a win over Annandale and the Wolverines secure a playoff spot even if they lose as long as either Fairfax, Oakton or T.C. Williams loses. However if all three win, West Potomac would likely be eliminated if they lose to Annandale.

Fairfax secures the final seed with a win over Jefferson. If Oakton loses to Chantilly and Fairfax defeats Jefferson that secures a seventh seed seed for the Rebels; and if West Potomac loses to Annandale then Fairfax would move up to the 6th spot. However, they would fall out of the postseason if they lose and T.C. Williams and West Potomac win regardless of what Oakton does.

If Oakton defeats Chantilly that secures a seventh seed and, if they win and West Potomac loses, the Cougars would get a sixth seed. If Oakton loses and Fairfax loses, the Cougars would move ahead of the Rebels. They would fall behind T.C. Williams if the Titans win.

Langley can only catch T.C. Williams and the best they can do is ninth place.

Division Five

Stone Bridge 276

Yorktown 258

McLean 257

South Lakes 234

Mount Vernon 217

Washington & Lee 211

Hayfield 198

Edison 194

LAST OUT
Stuart 191

Falls Church 188

With a win Stone Bridge clinches first seed. With a loss it is almost a clinch as a number of games would have to go Yorktown’s way for the Pats to leap frog the Bulldogs. Not enough can go McLean’s way for the Highlanders to make the leap

Yorktown and McLean are nearly tied going into the weekend. Because of rider point associated with this week’s opponents, if both teams win or both times lose Yorktown will be the second seed and McLean third. With a McLean win and Yorktown loss, than McLean will be second seed. The exception to all this is if Yorktown and McLean both lose and South Lakes upsets Stone Bridge, the Seahawks would jump into second. If one or the other of McLean and Yorktown lose and South Lakes wins than the team that won would be second, South Lakes third and the team that lost fourth.

The worst that South Lakes can do is fourth.

With a win, Mount Vernon will be fifth seed.

With a win Washington-Lee will guarantee sixth seed. If they win and Mount Vernon loses, the Generals would earn the #5 seed and Mount Vernon the #6 seed. With a Generals loss, the Hayfield versus Edison winner might pass them, but W-L will be no lower than #7 seed.

Hayfield is presently seventh and plays Edison, presently the eighth seed. The winner will be the 6th or 7th seed (depending on W-L as shown above) and the loser will be eliminated.

Stuart, presently ninth, hosts Falls Church, presently tenth. The winner becomes the #8 seed passing the loser of the Hayfield vs. Edison game. The loser is eliminated.

Date: November 01, 2010 10:15AM

The more I look at this chart, the more I realize division 5 sucks in comparison to division 6. The only real good team is Stone Bridge. Then the whole Concorde District and Lake Braddock in the playoffs, look better than any of those other teams.

How do they split the divisions? I thought it was always by districts, but I know Fairfax is still Division 6 and in the Liberty District with Mclean and Stone Bridge who are division 5.

Date: November 01, 2010 06:45PM

Both Liberty & Patriot Districts have a mixture of Div 5 & 6 teams.

Only Concorde District has all Div 6 teams.

Only National District has all Div 5 teams.

Concorde District
Centreville - Div 6
Chantilly - Div 6
Herndon - Div 6
Oakton - Div 6
Robinson - Div 6
Westfield - Div 6

Liberty District
Fairfax - Div 6
T Jefferson - Div 5
Langley - Div 6
Madison - Div 5
Marshall - Div 5
McLean - Div 5
South Lakes - Div 5
Stone Bridge - Div 5

National District
Edison - Div 5
Falls Church - Div 5
Hayfield - Div 5
Mt Vernon - Div 5
JEB Stuart - Div 5
Wakefield - Div 5
Washington-Lee - Div 5
Yorktown - Div 5

Patriot District
Annandale - Div 6
Lake Braddock - Div 6
Lee - Div 5
South County - Div 6
West Potomac - Div 6
West Springfield - Div 6
TC Williams - Div 6
WT Woodson - Div 6

Division 6 is of course better than most if not all of the Divison 6 teams minus Stone Bridge and Osbourn in our area (Osbourn is in the NW Region though) and Phoebus (Eastern) in the state. It stems from the fact that Division 6 schools just have a larger number of students to draw their teams from and thus they draw better athletes than Division 5 schools. Now this can have some exceptions like I said as seen with Terrell for Osbourn and Harris and Co for Stone Bridge...but for the most part.

Date: November 01, 2010 07:53PM

Thanks for that information. For the life of me I never knew how it was done. I figured it was by district, but then realized some schools from the Liberty were in D6 and some in D5.

I don't like how the Concorde has 6 teams though, and everyone else 8. It gives them more flexibility in scheduling than everyone else and in terms of sports like basketball where the top 4 from each district make the region playoffs, it's a lot easier to get in.

Geographically Fairfax should still be in the Concorde, or it would make sense to put Madison in.

Posted by: Flight of the Concordes ()
Date: November 01, 2010 11:38PM

steve k2 Wrote:
> Thanks for that information. For the life of me I
> never knew how it was done. I figured it was by
> district, but then realized some schools from the
> Liberty were in D6 and some in D5.
>
> I don't like how the Concorde has 6 teams though,
> and everyone else 8. It gives them more
> flexibility in scheduling than everyone else and
> in terms of sports like basketball where the top 4
> from each district make the region playoffs, it's
> a lot easier to get in.
>
> Geographically Fairfax should still be in the
> Concorde, or it would make sense to put Madison
> in.

Put Madison in the Concorde so that their football and basketball teams could go 0-fer nearly every season, and so that their vaunted baseball team would start looking a little more ordinary? Over Merrell's dead body! (well, that would be one benefit--they would at least be able to get a new Prinicpal who is not a glorified DSA...)

Posted by: Concorde Football Fan ()
Date: November 02, 2010 12:08AM

Fairfax was in the Concorde District until a few years ago. Either they never won a single football game over the course of many years, so maybe they won one. Either way, they wanted out BAD, The year after they left the Concorde, having never won, they immediately won the Liberty District. Put Herndon in the Liberty and they would be contending for the playoffs. The logical addition to the Concorde would be Langley, but they LOVE beating up on all the Liberty schools (particularly in lacrosse) and have no interest in coming into the Concorde and facing these schools in every sport. When Fairfax left Langley was offered the slot, and they turned it down without hesitation!!!

Posted by: bolano ()
Date: November 02, 2010 03:33PM

You're right about Fairfax not being able to compete at the time in the Concorde, but they appear to have more talent now than they did a few years ago. At the high school level, talent comes in spirts, what seperates many of the Concorde teams is they just get so much. The example right now would be Herndon, while they've never been great most years they're real competitive in football and it's a really weak crop of athletes there right now, yet there basketball team will probably win the next 4 district championships with a stud freshmen class 2 of which will likely start on varsity (maybe chantilly gets the edge this year with a strong senior class)

But schools shouldn't get the say which district they're in. It should be as even a number as possible. I'd say Langley in the Concorde is too far out of the way for them. A real intriguing one from a football point of view, is Stone Bridge (they're out of everyone's way). Madison has a very strong basketball crop coming up, I believe they won both the freshmen and jv basketball district titles the other year. They'd likely hold there own over the course of a time, they seem very similiar to an Oakton and usually are compeitive in all sports.

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: November 02, 2010 03:45PM

The Northern Region Council determines who is in which distrcit, well actaully the principals have to sign off on it. Individual schools don't have much say in it. The principal and AD can make deals but they don't always work out.

Posted by: chantillylacereallydoeshaveaprettyface ()
Date: November 02, 2010 06:41PM

Heard Centreville is gonna have a hard time in the next coming weeks with so many injuries from the Westfield game...tough. I hope they don't happen to choke away their beautiful season.

Date: November 04, 2010 09:02PM

Centreville WILL lose to Robinson tomorrow night.

So a win against Oakton will give Chantilly the 1 seed.

They really should get this to be on the opposite side of the bracket of Lake Braddock. There passing attack is the one team Chantilly would really struggle against.

Do you believe we're already only a week a way from the playoffs.

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: November 04, 2010 11:38PM

steve k2 Wrote:
>
> So a win against Oakton will give Chantilly the 1
> seed.
>

All but a given.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.