HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sticker check
Posted by: Somebody ()
Date: July 24, 2007 05:38PM

An FYI,

An officer has been standing at the westbound Reston Pkwy exit off the toll road doing a sticker check on every car as the toll is paid.
Yesterday and today, I assume they'll be there tomorrow too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sticker check
Posted by: thanks! ()
Date: July 24, 2007 08:12PM

thanks for the fyi! guess it's time i got that rejection sticker taken care of. damn top-mount brakelight

Posted by: haha! ()
Date: July 25, 2007 02:13PM

Funny story about stickers,

I had been driving around for quite some time not knowing that my license stickers had fallen off or been stolen. Got pulled over the first time, thought I was a goner, cop says no worries - ran the plates, i'm good to go. He never said I could get replacements for free at the DMV so I just kept going.

Pulled over about 3 or 4 times within the last month for the same problem, but never a ticket cuz they just kept running my plates and seeing that they were good.

Finally got stickers at the DMV when the line wasn't an HOUR long.

I just found it amusing that every time I got pulled over, I knew I wasn't getting a ticket (or at least hoping so)!!

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 25, 2007 02:20PM

Surprised our great Virginia Delegate Dave Ablo hasn't tacked on a $3000 replacement fine for VA residents.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 25, 2007 03:23PM

speaking of those again.. i didnt realize this, but i just saw it last night.. $1050 if you change lanes without signalling

(btw i just dont want to start another post about this - so i will convert another)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 03:24PM by bdimag.

Posted by: J ()
Date: July 25, 2007 03:55PM

I got a pulled over for having an expired sticker. I had paid, but there was a mixup, and they never got put on my car. The cop said his computer was down so he could not run my plates. Gave me a ticket, and I had to go to the courthouse to proove I had up to date tags. Did'nt have to pay the fine, but had to take half a day off work to sit in the courtroom and wait for my name to be called. All the while hoping my car did'nt get towed away cause I had to part across the street cause there are never any damn parking spaces at the courthouse. Anyway, just because you paid, does'nt mean you cant get a ticket.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.