HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jim Moran?
Posted by: slimey ()
Date: July 24, 2007 09:22AM

Lets see here,,,Indifferent towards working folks, aggressive animal rights extremist agenda, hostile towards Jews, history of domestic violence and DUI,
assaulted a 10 year old,,,,,This could get to be a very long list. He's one of
the reasons Im glad I no longer live in Arlington. BTW, he also loves illegal
immigrants, gay marraige,,,,,The list gets longer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jim Moran?
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 24, 2007 10:56AM

And the relevance to Fairfax County is...

Posted by: Duh! ()
Date: July 24, 2007 12:41PM

The relevance to Fairfax County is the he is a Member of Congress representing areas of Fairfax County. Wasn't really too hard to spot the relevance in that statement either. You can agree or disagree with the statement, but it is relevant to a discussion thread about Fairfax. Any other questions?

Posted by: Jim Moran ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:02PM

Jim Jim Jim, Jim Jim Moran

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:06PM

DUDE! ITS JIM MORAN...

get the bats!

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 24, 2007 03:12PM

slimey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lets see here,,,Indifferent towards working folks,
> aggressive animal rights extremist agenda, hostile
> towards Jews, history of domestic violence and
> DUI,
> assaulted a 10 year old,,...BTW, he also loves illegal
immigrants, gay marraige,,,

Sounds like at least half the people at FFXU.

Now seriously, get a life. Some issues are more complicated than three or four carefully chosen words can convey.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Luntz

Date: July 24, 2007 03:53PM

Once again, I apologize for posting in the wrong place. I originally meant for that
to be in reply to Space Ghost's original but inadvertantly started my own thread.
Slimey

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 24, 2007 04:16PM

Duh! Wrote:
> The relevance to Fairfax County is the he is a
> Member of Congress representing areas of Fairfax
> County. Wasn't really too hard to spot the
> relevance in that statement either. You can agree
> or disagree with the statement, but it is relevant
> to a discussion thread about Fairfax. Any other
> questions?

Nope, I actually got an education... I thought he was only Arlington. I had no idea his reign extended up into Reston and Tysons like that.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 24, 2007 04:54PM

I had no idea his reign extended up into Reston and Tysons like that.

Yup, he's my congressman. I know about him smacking that kid around, but I had no idea he had an "aggressive animal rights" agenda...

Date: July 24, 2007 06:23PM

Yep, he saddled up with PETA. Tried to introduce a bill once that would have banned
all hunting in his district. Not much there except for bow-hunters in Mason-Neck,
but PETA wanted it, so he tried and was rebuffed in committee. Another episode was
when he tried to introduce a bill that would have banned hunting grizzly bears over
bait in Alaska. The Congressman from Alaska told him to mind his own business. Never
made it out of committee.PETA loves him though.

Posted by: Honest Jim ()
Date: July 24, 2007 06:50PM

Square deal Moran was investigated when he got a below market loan from a lobbyist whose bill was up before big Jim. Of course congress covering for their own did nothing.

Posted by: Cong. Moron ()
Date: September 18, 2007 04:51PM

Once again, Mr. Moran embarrasses himself and his constituents. I know I am foolish in thinking that he could do anything that would ever cause his seat to be in jeopardy. Nothing to see here, keep voting Moran.

Hoyer takes aim at Moran’s AIPAC comment
By Mike Soraghan
September 18, 2007

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) went after fellow Democrat Jim Moran of Virginia Tuesday, calling on him to retract his comments about the Israel lobby.

“His remarks were factually inaccurate and recall an old canard that is not true, that the Jewish community controls the media and the Congress,” Hoyer said at a news conference in the Capitol.

In an interview published in the September-October issue of Tikkun magazine, Moran said the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, or AIPAC, “has pushed this war from the beginning … They are so well-organized, and their members are extraordinarily powerful — most of them are quite wealthy — they have been able to exert power.”

Asked if he considered Moran’s remarks anti-Semitic and if he should apologize, Hoyer reiterated that he found them “factually inaccurate” and said Moran should “retract” them.

In a statement issued by Moran’s office, the congressman admitted that the tone of his remarks were “unnecessarily harsh” but stood by his statements that AIPAC does not represent “mainstream American Jewish opinion.”

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: September 18, 2007 06:18PM

Jim Moran is a jerk. He meddled in the affairs of Reston during the last election period during which Reston Association officials were to be elected. This is a local affair, and yet he managed to get involved right in the middle of this. He totally bashed the other representative candidates, and even appeared at the election results conference. During the conference, he stood up and called the people of Reston "A bunch of idiots" for opposing his views. Well, if he gets re-elected after a stunt like that, then I guess there are a bunch of idiots around here. Although he could most likely get re-elected solely based on his Arlington District constituents.

I don't understand why incumbents manage to get re-elected so often, even when they are completely negative and irrational.

Posted by: Fairfax Citizen ()
Date: September 19, 2007 05:32AM

Like Senator Clinton, Rep. Moran has too much baggage. Time for him to go.

Posted by: Gong. Moron ()
Date: September 19, 2007 09:45AM

But there is no way he WILL actually go. He is not honorable ehough to resign despite a string of scandals, misdeeds and poor uses of judgement. The deal he cut with Davis to ensure his seat will remain safe keeps this disaster in office. Honorable citizens of his district cannot rely on the sound jusdgement of the liberal elite in arlington and Alexandria to remove him from office - even in a primary.

Posted by: edster ()
Date: September 19, 2007 11:44AM

Moran too has been around too long...the initiative to get him removed from office rests with the good people from FFX to get this scroudel removed from office. BUT the reality is that some socalled liberal elitists think it is better to keep him in office then to vote for somebody who just might be a Republican. We have unfortunatly become so polarised politically that we are quite satisfied....in general.... to vote for mediocrity.

Date: September 19, 2007 12:02PM

Heck, I would settle for mediocrity. Moran isn't even mediocre. On top of recent reiteration of anti-semetic comments, Roll Call reported on Monday that he is selling his votes. He, John Murtha, and Peter Visclosky have received a combined $1,333,074 in donations from clients of the PMA lobbying group. In return these donors received $100.5 million in defense earmarks from these members. How does Mr. Moran and those that vote for him square their anti-war rhetoric with his war profitteering?

Date: October 01, 2007 12:43PM

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: October 02, 2007 07:19PM

I thought is was Moron???

Posted by: duh ()
Date: October 02, 2007 08:07PM

A jew-baiting, crooked Irishman in Congress? We need more like him!

This Irishman wishes he lived in Jim's district so he could vote for him!

Posted by: Flarefax ()
Date: October 02, 2007 08:48PM

Based upon your previous posts on various topics, I always had my doubts about your intelligence, duh. Just a quick thank you for confirming my suspicions. Jim Moran is a horrible member of congress and an even worse human being.

Date: October 02, 2007 10:14PM

Flarefax Wrote:
> Based upon your previous posts on various topics,
> I always had my doubts about your intelligence,
> duh. Just a quick thank you for confirming my
> suspicions. Jim Moran is a horrible member of
> congress and an even worse human being.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

I suppose you have a shrine to George "Mission Accomplished" Bush at home, eh?

Date: October 03, 2007 09:45AM

No, no shrine to "W." Just a healthy desire to have my elected officials not be antisemetic, child-abusing, spouse-abusing, alcoholic, and in the hip pocket of the credit card and defense lobbying industry. I didn't think that was too much to ask. Look, he was in line to be chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior, Environment and Related agencies. He was passed over for this chairmanship due to his poor behavior. None of this helps his district and he needs to go. It can be a D or an R or even and I for all I care. If you support all of his corrupt and violent behavior, I suppose you are indeed entitled to your opinion.

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: October 03, 2007 06:39PM

Still a Moron Moran is.

Date: October 03, 2007 07:13PM

Flarefax Wrote:
> No, no shrine to "W." Just a healthy desire to
> have my elected officials not be antisemetic,
> child-abusing, spouse-abusing, alcoholic, and in
> the hip pocket of the credit card and defense
> lobbying industry. I didn't think that was too
> much to ask. Look, he was in line to be chairman
> of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Interior,
> Environment and Related agencies. He was passed
> over for this chairmanship due to his poor
> behavior. None of this helps his district and he
> needs to go. It can be a D or an R or even and I
> for all I care. If you support all of his corrupt
> and violent behavior, I suppose you are indeed
> entitled to your opinion.

Yeah, but with Jim, you know what you're getting....he's already been caught!

Most of the other 534 crooks haven't been caught yet...So you don't whose hip pocket they're in (and they are ALL in somebody's hip pocket).

And it doesn't matter what they say anyhow...how bout Craig and the jerk from Florida(?) railing against gays...and then getting caught playing footsie in the airport and boinking male pages, respectively.

Date: October 04, 2007 10:43AM

Well, I for one am not satisfied with a crook as my representative. I wonder why anyone is. Those others you mentioned need to be out of Congress as well. There are certainly men and women of integrity that run for and hold office. Why does anyone support those that are not? Both parties need to clean their own houses. It is apparent from your post that you are a die hard "D," because you only refer to corrupt "R's." You failed to mention Jefferson, Murtha, Clinton, Feinstein, et. al. I really think that is what is wrong with both parties - blind loyalty. THe "D's" love to slam this administration for blind loyalty, but the hard core supporters are guilty of the same offense. Moran had a primary opponent last time. That guy deserved to win. Moran argued that he was poised to be a leader on Appropriations. That didn't materialize, now he really need to go.

Posted by: yo ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:17PM

Would you all get it staright? It's Moron.

Got that? Good.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.