HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Email surveys from Congressman Jim Moran?
Date: July 24, 2007 01:22AM

Is this for real? I've been getting email surveys that are supposedly from Representative Jim Moran. I don't know if I emailed him at some point or what. Each survey asks my opinion on one issue, with multiple-choice answers. These ask things like what we should do in Iraq. Isn't that his job? They don't ask my general opinion on things, they ask me what to do. It's absurd, we're not a direct democracy and he's supposed to figure this stuff out.

Is anyone else getting these? I've never replied to them or confirmed where they come from.

Here's what one said:

Can the U.S. win the global war on terrorism without winning in Iraq?
-Yes
-No
-Unsure

[Can I sit in on the intelligence briefings?]

What should be the U.S. plan of action in Iraq?
-Immediately withdraw all U.S. troops
-Set a timetable for withdrawal that would remove U.S. troops within the year
-Set a timetable for withdrawal removing U.S. troops within the year but also -initiating a diplomatic offensive that brings Iraq's neighbors into the process -of creating a stable Iraq
-Significantly reduce US troops levels (by at least half) but maintain a presence on the ground until Iraq becomes self-sufficient and stable
-Maintain current troop levels until Iraq becomes self-sufficient and stable
-Wait until September '07 before taking any action and reevaluate the situation at that time

There's also a comment or "other" box. I want to reply and tell him to have the President move the 2nd ACR 3.5 km west, and the 3rd 20 miles east, or something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 01:39AM by Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Email surveys from Congressman Jim Moran?
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 24, 2007 08:43AM

no, this is a lame attempt by some anti-war jackass. if you want to see the actual id of the sender, look at the header source. if you get a email from astro1@iss.gov i sure you, you are not being emailed from the international space station.

NEVER trust email. if something seems fishy, read the header of the email source.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 24, 2007 08:45AM

I'm surprised it didn't have "final solution" as part of the answer. http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/03/11/moran.jews/

That said, about the only smart thing Mr. Moran did was vote against this war.

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: July 24, 2007 09:25AM

Sorry Space,
I meant to reply to your message about Moran, but accidentally started a new
thread. See Jim Moran? Ill be more careful in the future.
Slimey

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 24, 2007 09:25AM

"-Set a timetable for withdrawal removing U.S. troops within the year but also -initiating a diplomatic offensive that brings Iraq's neighbors into the process -of creating a stable Iraq"

In other words, "Cut and Run"

My question is "WTF are we doing there?" Ahmed Chalibi, Iraqi ex-patriot and self appointed head of the Iragi National Congress ( a group he founded), had been pestering administrations for years that we should Invade Iraq. Clinton considered Ahmed an annoyance, but the Bush administration swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Ahmed's brother (or cousin - no one is sure), an Iraqi cabdriver the CIA code named "Curveball" and a raging alcoholic, while in police custody in Germany, started babbling about WMDs and mobile labs. The German intelligence group (BND) interviewed him several times and found that he was a raging alcoholic and nuts. They asked him to draw pictures of the mobile labs, where he claimed to have worked. Experts examined the pictures and said NO WAY.

He claimed to have witnessed biological accidents when his passport clearly showed he was out of the country when he claimed they happened.

This was reported to the loyal Bushies. Basically, the report said (paraphrasing) "he claims this, but we can not verify anything he said, and quite frankly he is mentally unstable".

The loyal Bushies took what Curveball said as Gospel. No one from our side interviewed him and our side even dismissed the "he is nuts" part.

That is where the mobile labs and WMDs hard information came from and the basis for us being there.

A note of inspiration for all you alcoholic cabdrivers - you can change the world.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: July 24, 2007 10:00AM

Whether this is from Moran or not, I think it points to a real problem with our political "leadership" in this country. Everybody is trying to poll their way out of this problem.

Fuck the polls. You morons have been elected to lead. Make a damn decision and lead the American people into supporting it.

Bush managed to do it (for a little while). Unfortunately in his case it was the wrong friggin' decision.

Posted by: Curveball Chalibi ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:42PM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whether this is from Moran or not, I think it
> points to a real problem with our political
> "leadership" in this country. Everybody is trying
> to poll their way out of this problem.
>
> Fuck the polls. You morons have been elected to
> lead. Make a damn decision and lead the American
> people into supporting it.
>
> Bush managed to do it (for a little while).
> Unfortunately in his case it was the wrong
> friggin' decision.

If you listen to me, I can get you out of this mess. Now pass me that bottle, will ya.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.