HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
NORAD Air Drills Tonight and Tomorrow
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 23, 2007 05:53PM

NORAD will be conducting air drills tonight and tomorrow over the County.

NORAD exercise planned for Washington D.C.
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. – The North American Aerospace Defense Command and its geographical component, the Continental United States NORAD Region (CONR), will conduct Exercise Falcon Virgo 07-10 Monday and Tuesday in the National Capital Region (Washington, D.C.).

This exercise comprises a series of training flights held in coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration, the National Capital Region Command Center, the Joint Air Defense Operations Center, Civil Air Patrol, and NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector.

Exercise Falcon Virgo 07-10 is designed to test NORAD's intercept and identification operations, as well as procedural tests of the NCR Visual Warning System. Civil Air Patrol aircraft, Air Force F-16s and C-38s, and Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopters, will participate in the exercise.

Residents in the area can expect flights to occur throughout the day, including late night and early morning hours, on scheduled exercise dates.

In the event of inclement weather, the exercise will push to the next day. Further weather delays will result in cancellation of the exercise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2007 06:03PM by Lurker..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NORAD Air Drills Tonight and Tomorrow
Posted by: like2eat@the Y ()
Date: July 24, 2007 07:09AM

Thats awesome...does anyone know where exactly these planes will be flying? I think it would be pretty cool to see some F-16s flying around.

Posted by: hellothere ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:01PM

So did anyone see or hear anything? I didn't notice any noise in Centreville.

Posted by: Arlington ()
Date: July 24, 2007 05:01PM

I live in Arlington, I did hear some odd noises this morning but not sure if it was related or just the slutty chick in the apartment next door banging some random guy off the street again.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 24, 2007 05:11PM

Arlington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I live in Arlington, I did hear some odd noises
> this morning but not sure if it was related or
> just the slutty chick in the apartment next door
> banging some random guy off the street again.

Please post an address of your apartment building. I am sure some people (Gravis) would like to hang around out front.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.