HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: lazy cop parks car on curb
Posted by: menolikepigs ()
Date: February 19, 2009 11:47PM

me no like pigs

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: watchinyou ()
Date: February 25, 2009 09:40AM

pig Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I actually like when they park right in front of
> the schools so they are visible. I doubt in our
> day and time this is any real deterrant from a
> tragedy like VT or something but its kind of
> comforting. Also let us know when we could leave
> school grounds and where the cop was most of the
> time haha. I think its fine for them to park where
> they want. People who become cops (at least two
> from around here I grew up with) generally like to
> have that feeling of power and control over
> people. Seriously though I bet it was probably
> some kind of emergency they are usually pretty
> careful and go out of their way not to block
> traffic even if it means beating up their cars a
> little. On a side note one thing I find funny is
> at least in reston, I see cops driving their cars
> around the paths here. That is pretty nice of them
> but I wonder how often they go through suspension
> components on those vics haha.

Sounds like an infieriority complex, please seek help immediately... or get a more exciting job other that playing games at Best Buy...

Posted by: watchinyou ()
Date: February 25, 2009 09:41AM

menolikepigs Wrote:
> me no like pigs

Send your mother back to Honduras then///

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 25, 2009 05:42PM

watchinyou Wrote:
> menolikepigs Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > me no like pigs
>
> Send your mother back to Honduras then///

zing of the day!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: jimm2 ()
Date: February 26, 2009 08:28PM

The reasons the cruiser is positioned in this manner is for priority response. Should a 9-1-1 call come in and they often do the officer needs to get in and go. A fellow officer or citizen's life may depend on it. They need not be distracted by having to back out of a parking space or maneuver from being blocked in when he/she needs to be somewhere very quick. Examples include a missing child, serious vehicle accidents or an armed shooter. It is a high responsibility with the position of preventing and saving lives and that is why police are afforded this exemption to park for quick access.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: February 26, 2009 08:36PM

Ok, so if its such a high priority incedent, then why is there only one cop sent to respond? Hell, they send 2 crusiers for speeding tickets. And still no good reason for why not just parking next to the curb like a normal person, as though he was paralell parking. Now befor you say, that would have taken 10 mins to parallel park, there are no cars on front or behind. He would have only needed to pull up.

Posted by: Doubtful ()
Date: February 26, 2009 08:37PM

And it's not possible for him to back into a legal space in order to allow this?

While your theory sounds good, it fails to convince. If it were true than ALL police would ALWAYS park like that. But they don't. They OFTEN park nose in in spaces and in other areas that are not 'quick exit' places.

Additionally, many schools and shopping centers have specially marked spaces exclusive for the police. There is no reason for this car to have been left like this except laziness on the officer's part. If it had been an emergency, he wouldn't have even parked on the curb, the car would have been pulled up to the curb and left in the fire lane.

Posted by: COPS ()
Date: February 26, 2009 10:41PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> Ok, so if its such a high priority incedent, then
> why is there only one cop sent to respond? Hell,
> they send 2 crusiers for speeding tickets. And
> still no good reason for why not just parking next
> to the curb like a normal person, as though he was
> paralell parking. Now befor you say, that would
> have taken 10 mins to parallel park, there are no
> cars on front or behind. He would have only needed
> to pull up.

COP don't do parallel park

Posted by: Rob Radharc ()
Date: July 15, 2009 07:55PM

They have NO Right to park like this. It's an abuse of power. You will be ticketed for same.

Good Catch.. We need to keep reporting these events. Plate and Time helps the judge.

Posted by: IhateWhiners ()
Date: July 16, 2009 06:50PM

Plate and time helps the judge??

You are an idiot. A judge doesn't "issue" a summons against anyone. A magistrate would have to do that. AND even if you took a picture and brought that with all the vehicle and location info a magistrate is NEVER going to issue a summons to the officer who parked in front of/on a curb/fire lane.

A police car is parked directly in front of facilities for the following reasons:
-High visibility. A crime deterrent.
-QUICK access. If a high priority call comes out a cop shouldn't have to run to the end of fair oaks parking lot to get in their cruiser.
-EASY access. If an officer is arresting someone inside of said facility, it would not be prudent to walk an arrested subject to the end of a parking lot in between citizen vehicles. Not to mention the morons that park over the line and make it impossible for you to open your door. Hey Mr.Arrested Guy, stand here for a minute while I crawl over the center console and back my car outta this space so you can get in.

Keep in mind if a fire truck was called to the same building a cop car is parked in front of, the officer would know on their radio and could move their vehicle if it really was an issue.

It seems people have nothing better to do than complain about cops on this website. Although it is always entertaining.

OMG there was a cop at dunkin donuts this morning! How would you know there was a cop getting a donut and a cup of coffee if YOU weren't there yourself. You all are ridiculous.

Posted by: Shhhh ()
Date: June 15, 2010 08:15PM

That is the loss prevention office, they were they for a shoplifter or some kinda theft. Get off the officers back!

Posted by: cok highed ()
Date: June 15, 2010 08:20PM

Shhhh Wrote:
> That is the loss prevention office, they were they
> for a shoplifter or some kinda theft.

hey... pig lover, that is NVCC in Annandale. That was right after they built the new parking garage.

Posted by: Dumb ass! ()
Date: June 15, 2010 09:04PM

I am refering to the first picture in this post from last year, its at Fairoaks mall, and that is the LP office to Macy's

Thanks!!

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: June 16, 2010 12:04AM

I saw a cop doing this a few days back on Stone Rd. He was parked half on the sidewalk, half on the mulch next to some bushes. Seriously, can't you run a speed trap at the next street up the road where every other cop sits with a radar gun?

Posted by: Fairfax Supervisor ()
Date: June 16, 2010 12:11AM

Better on the mulch than munching minge, wouldn't you agree?

Posted by: cok highed ()
Date: June 16, 2010 09:47AM

Dumb ass! Wrote:
> I am refering to the first picture in this post
> from last year, its at Fairoaks mall, and that is
> the LP office to Macy's
>
>
> Thanks!!

hey... pig lover, you're wrong.

Posted by: ha ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:09AM

KeepOnTruckin, You must be new to the area. Welcome!

Posted by: HaaH ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:14AM

ha Wrote:
> KeepOnTruckin, You must be new to the area.
> Welcome!

ha, You must be new to this site. Welcome!

Posted by: 01001000011000010110000101001000001000000110100101110011001000000110000100100000011001100110000101100111011001110110111101110100 ()
Date: June 16, 2010 12:09PM

HaaH Wrote:
> ha Wrote:
> -----
> > KeepOnTruckin, You must be new to the area.
> > Welcome!
>
>
> ha, You must be new to this site. Welcome!

HaaH, You must be new to the internet. Welcome!

Posted by: HaaH ()
Date: June 16, 2010 12:21PM

01001000011000010110000101001000001000000110100101110011001000000110000100100000011001100110000101100111011001110110111101110100 Wrote:
> HaaH Wrote:
> -----
> > ha Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > KeepOnTruckin, You must be new to the area.
> > > Welcome!
> >
> >
> > ha, You must be new to this site. Welcome!
>
> HaaH, You must be new to the internet. Welcome!

010010000110000101100001..., You must be a homosexual. I'm sorry!

Posted by: Not A Problen ()
Date: August 15, 2010 04:18PM

Space on side walk, hydrant not blocked (soft sleeve can reach it) not blocking traffic. This citizen says, "Looks like police working".

Posted by: Gina Hoston ()
Date: September 22, 2010 05:09PM

Smell the bacon!!

Posted by: Officer Munos ()
Date: September 22, 2010 08:00PM

This is Officer Munos of Westfield High School. I park on the curb all the time, even though i have my own spot near the parking lot's exit, but what if there was a serious emergency i would actually have to run 20 yards! That is a lot by fatass cop standards, and why would my lazy ass make an exception? I drive over the curb to hop into the student lot to harass kids leaving for lunch, why would I wait for traffic to go into the next lot? That is a waste of my time and energy, even though it's the law, or am I? Well regardless cops do not need to follow safety regulations even if the fire department set the standard, cops are above anyone, we can arrest you whenever we feel, therefore you cannot badmouth us. JK FUCK FCPD FATFUCKINGPIGSFUCKFUCK

Posted by: E ()
Date: July 06, 2011 07:56PM

Blah Blah Blah...everyone love's to try to pick out everything that cops do wrong until they need their assistance. Then they're your best fiend. Get a life and stop whining.

Posted by: Slapshot ()
Date: July 07, 2011 07:41AM

So....I suppose when there is an emergency and the officer that is driving that "illegally parked cruiser" has to respond back to his cruiser and respond to your emergency, you'd be ok that it will take him longer to go out in to the parking lot and get his cruiser so he can respond to your emergency?

Or....will you be the one that bitches and complains that it took him soooo long?

I'd love to be the officer that gets to explain that to one of you complaining whinning babies.

Get over it. State law permittes them to park where others are not permitted so they can have quick access to their cruisers when need be....not just because they are there on an emergency call but also in the event they need to respond to an emergency call.

Would you want the officers responding to your emergency to have to park his cruiser further away than necassary if he's the one that has to respond to your emergency????????? UFB!

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: July 07, 2011 08:38AM

When the car parked thusly, the donut box can easily slide from the passengers side to within the driver grasp. This enables the officer to text and talk on the cell phone while reaching for his beloved donut.

Posted by: Still smoke spice in nva ()
Date: July 15, 2011 08:55PM

But why on the curb? Really

Date: July 16, 2011 06:57PM

because if they didn't people would be complaining about how they block up a traffic lane.

Posted by: Indaknow ()
Date: July 16, 2011 07:03PM

Everyone hates the police until you need them...get over yourselves. Are we so traumatized by a cop parking on the sidewalk? I mean who really cares? If he was out giving you a speeding ticket, you'd be bitching about the police because they're not out there fighting "real crime." But when you or your kid get hits by a speeding car, you'll bitch "where were the police when this maniac speeder killed my child." They have a thankless job and deal with douchebags, tragedy and bullshit every day...all in the name of protecting your hypocritical ass. Sure, there are some assholes in uniform, but there are assholes in every profession and every walk of life.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 17, 2011 02:02AM

Indaknow Wrote:
> Everyone hates the police until you need
> them...get over yourselves. Are we so traumatized
> by a cop parking on the sidewalk? I mean who
> really cares? If he was out giving you a speeding
> ticket, you'd be bitching about the police because
> they're not out there fighting "real crime." But
> when you or your kid get hits by a speeding car,
> you'll bitch "where were the police when this
> maniac speeder killed my child." They have a
> thankless job and deal with douchebags, tragedy
> and bullshit every day...all in the name of
> protecting your hypocritical ass. Sure, there are
> some assholes in uniform, but there are assholes
> in every profession and every walk of life.
>
> I'll get off my soapbox now.

I'd never bitch if a speeder ran over my kid. I wouldn't have to worry about it though, because my kids would know not to play in the street. The street is not a fucking playground and drivers should not have to watch out for children playing in the street, regardless of what speed they are going

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 17, 2011 08:26AM

speeders sometimes jump the curb, m'man..............

Posted by: johnson ()
Date: November 10, 2011 07:00PM

If it was an emergency the lights would be flashing moran

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: November 10, 2011 07:39PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
> Indaknow Wrote:
> -----
> > Everyone hates the police until you need
> > them...get over yourselves. Are we so
> traumatized
> > by a cop parking on the sidewalk? I mean who
> > really cares? If he was out giving you a
> speeding
> > ticket, you'd be bitching about the police
> because
> > they're not out there fighting "real crime."
> But
> > when you or your kid get hits by a speeding
> car,
> > you'll bitch "where were the police when this
> > maniac speeder killed my child." They have a
> > thankless job and deal with douchebags, tragedy
> > and bullshit every day...all in the name of
> > protecting your hypocritical ass. Sure, there
> are
> > some assholes in uniform, but there are
> assholes
> > in every profession and every walk of life.
> >
> > I'll get off my soapbox now.
>
>
> I'd never bitch if a speeder ran over my kid. I
> wouldn't have to worry about it though, because my
> kids would know not to play in the street. The
> street is not a fucking playground and drivers
> should not have to watch out for children playing
> in the street, regardless of what speed they are
> going

Good point. Kids, and even adults, need to learn NOT to fuck around in the streets. It's called the sidewalk...

Posted by: Rayne ()
Date: January 19, 2012 02:38PM

Duuuuude he is a police officer so he can park there.

Rayne

Posted by: Jander420 ()
Date: January 19, 2012 05:12PM

urmom Wrote:
> look at VA state code 46.2-920...they can park
> there whenever they need to

looking at that law it certainly doesn't say they can park on curbs or in fire lanes for no good reason. as far as i can see the relevant parts are

§ 46.2-920. Certain vehicles exempt from regulations in certain situations; exceptions and additional requirements.

A. The driver of any emergency vehicle, when such vehicle is being used in the performance of public services, and when such vehicle is operated under emergency conditions, may, without subjecting himself to criminal prosecution:

A3. Park or stop notwithstanding the other provisions of this chapter;

B. The exemptions granted to emergency vehicles by subsection A in subdivisions A1, A3, A4, A5, and A6 shall apply only when the operator of such vehicle displays a flashing, blinking, or alternating emergency light or lights as provided in §§ 46.2-1022 and 46.2-1023 and sounds a siren, exhaust whistle, or air horn designed to give automatically intermittent signals, as may be reasonably necessary........Such exemptions shall not, however, protect the operator of any such vehicle from criminal prosecution for conduct constituting reckless disregard of the safety of persons and property. Nothing in this section shall release the operator of any such vehicle from civil liability for failure to use reasonable care in such operation.

C.For the purposes of this section, the term "emergency vehicle" shall mean:

1. Any law-enforcement vehicle operated by or under the direction of a federal, state, or local law-enforcement officer (i) in the chase or apprehension of violators of the law or persons charged with or suspected of any such violation or (ii) in response to an emergency call;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So if the cop car was being used in a public service AND being used currently to apprehend a suspect or in response to an emergency call, and had properly displayed emergency lights, and sounds an intermittent siren if reasonably necessary, then yes it would be legal to park in this manner.

It doesn't appear that all those criteria are met, even IF it was in response to an emergency call.

Just my 2 cents, I really don't care if a cop parks like that, at least they aren't in my way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2012 05:13PM by Jander420.

Posted by: Survey Says.... ()
Date: January 19, 2012 06:36PM

So the county deputy that was at the dunkin donut this morning at 5:10 can park in the fire lane why? The parking lot was empty! By the looks of him he should have parked at the spot waaaay in the back to walk off some of his tonage before he added a few more lbs! Lazy FUCKS!

Posted by: Mr Know It All ()
Date: March 04, 2012 03:30AM

Ok here is the deal. Take another look at the picture. Now, you see that brown door? See the steps with the handrail leading up to that door? Guess what? That is Macy's Loss Prevention office. Sooooooooooooo, the police car is there to pick up a lovely shoplifter. The car is parked right outside the door so that the officer doesn't have to drag the suspect through the mall. NOW on to more important issues please. Thank you come again.

Posted by: thinkbeforeyoupost ()
Date: March 05, 2012 01:25AM

it takes MORE work to go out of your way to park on the curb, thus the cop was not lazy. Post failed before it was written. Prefail

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: March 05, 2012 01:32AM

This thread was started back in '07. So some cop decided to park on a curb half a decade ago. Who really gives a fuck? Unless he ran someone over in the process, it really doesn't matter.

Posted by: Southland ()
Date: March 05, 2012 08:01PM

kris Wrote:
> i go to chantilly, and that cop car is parked in
> the same spot there everyday. the cop just hangs
> out in the security office all day and then leaves
> when schools let out

Fuckin FCPD think they are "on the job" as if they were in South Central instead of white bread Fairfax County. Thats why they end up shooting and killing a poor bookie on a routine search warrant presentation; they over react!! they would piss their pants if they had to patrol DC or PG County.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: March 05, 2012 08:11PM

Southland Wrote:
> kris Wrote:
> -----
> > i go to chantilly, and that cop car is parked
> in
> > the same spot there everyday. the cop just
> hangs
> > out in the security office all day and then
> leaves
> > when schools let out
>
> Fuckin FCPD think they are "on the job" as if they
> were in South Central instead of white bread
> Fairfax County. Thats why they end up shooting
> and killing a poor bookie on a routine search
> warrant presentation; they over react!! they would
> piss their pants if they had to patrol DC or PG
> County.

yeah, nothing bad ever happens in ivory tower fairfax county right? the reason you think the stupid shit you do is because the FCPD keeps this place clean quietly enough that you don't always hear about it (at least not right away, if at all).

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.