HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dr Wortman DDS
Posted by: Dentist Victim ()
Date: September 21, 2010 07:19PM

Had a root canal in 2006,because of an abscess, and Dr Wortman (on Backlick Rd) did this procedure. There was a crown on the tooth and Dr Wortman used the same crown. That was OK. About two weeks ago the crown became loose, so I went to my present dentist. After removing the crown and x-raying the tooth he asked me why the dentist that did the root canal didn't fill all the canals. Not being able to see what was going on with my tooth at the time, I told him I didn't know. I now need a new root canal on the same tooth. I hope everyone can understand why I am not happy about this. I really don't look forward to root canals. I contacted Dr Wortmans office in the Backlick Executive Center and told them about the problem. I even provided them with a copy of the x-ray, and the referral to a dentist that specialized in root canals. His reaction----the statute of limitations had expired.
I am wondering if he knew about the discovery rule. In any case all I asked for was a refund of the amount that I paid for the incomplete root canal. I really don't think that that is unreasonable. I'm beginning to think that in his office the real statute of limitations is on ethics. I certainly hope that it doesn't apply to Dr. Stephen Price DDS, Dr Steven Berk DDS, and Dr Leo J Sushner DDS who all have there name on the door in front of Dr. Wartners office in the Backlick Executive Center at 5417 D Backlick Rd.

I have filed a complaint with the Department of Health Professions enforcement division. My fear is that the root will fracture and I will lose the tooth, and need an implant, which I cant afford.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr Wortman DDS
Posted by: Good to know ()
Date: September 21, 2010 07:26PM

Sorry to hear about the incomplete root canal. It's not fun to work with an incompetent dentist. Thank you for putting the news out about this guy.

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:17PM

Also, file a complaint with BBB....they will work towards a resolution

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: September 21, 2010 09:24PM

I've never had worse than a cavity luckily. How can you tell you need a root canal other than just bad pain? Do you need a crown before you need root canal? My dad had one once and his face cheek was so swollen before it.

Posted by: Gail ()
Date: September 22, 2010 09:47AM

Actually I had a crown put on a long time ago. It was fine for 40 years but then I got an abscess. That was how knew I needed a root canal. A completed one. An x-ray will show up an abscess. My face didn't swell. A root canal is not a picnic. My jaw was sore for about a week. I do not look forward to this. The dentist that let me know about needing another root canal does them, but he is sending me to an expert in the field. I believe that there is a possibility that the root will fracture with the second root canal, and if that happens I lose the tooth and will need an implant. They are expensive, and I and my husband are on social security. I work as an aid on a school bus for Fairfax County so I can get dental insurance for my husband and myself, because medicare does not cover dental. But the insurance doesn't cover implants.

Posted by: say ()
Date: September 22, 2010 10:10PM

I recently had my first root canal. Other than the annoyance of being in the chair a long time, it was a piece of cake.

Root canals must have been really bad years ago to have such a bad rep, but they're no big deal today. Other than paying for the fucking thing, that is.

Posted by: Why not ()
Date: September 22, 2010 10:14PM

Why are you bringing this up 4 years later? If you would have brushed your teeth 3 x a day in the first place you would not have needed a root canal.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.