HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Thai food
Posted by: dlee ()
Date: March 29, 2005 11:21AM

Having tried most if not all of the Thai places in Faifax, my pick is Pad Thai. Unoriginal name, but they have the most authentic Thai food in the area. Of course the pad thai is good, but my current favorite is their Drunken Noodles. Also, their chef will cook you anything you want; so if you've been to Thailand and can't get your favorite dish anywhere else (or everywhere else sucks it up), try here.

Pad Thai is on Lee Hwy near where Jermantown hits. (a few blocks West of the rt50/lee hwy intersection). It's in a little strip across from Kmart nestled between Arigato Sushi and Blimpie Subs. They also deliver.

- d.lee
farker goodbyebluemonday

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thai food
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 29, 2005 11:28AM

Hey d.lee, I moved your thread out of western fairfax to general.

I agree that Pad Thai is probably the best. My office orders from them all the time. Get the Pad Pik, you won't be disappointed.

Other than Pad Thai, Crystal Thai in Arlington is excellent, but feels much more Americanized (and they don't deliver).

Posted by: ben ()
Date: March 29, 2005 09:29PM

I'll have to stop by there sometime. I had the some absolutely delicious food when I was in Thailand in January, but everywhere I try around here is horrible. I even took picture of the really good dishes.

normal_0161_001.jpg
Fried squid. If they could make me something that tastes as good as that did, I'd eat there every day.

0053_001.jpg
Green curry. Mmm, authentic Thai Food.

Posted by: erik ()
Date: March 30, 2005 07:17AM

Pilin in Falls Church is delicious; by far my favorite Thai restaurant in the area.

Posted by: DaveF ()
Date: March 31, 2005 02:54PM

I've only had Thai at a few places in the area, and THAI Shirlington was my favorite. Has anyone tried Dungrats on Leesburg Pike? I've been meaning to go there... It's listed as #2 on digitalcity's top 10 thai places in the DC area.

Posted by: Jammy ()
Date: April 05, 2005 08:13AM

Thai Pepper in Alexandria is a great little spot, my personal favorite of any Thai place I've ever eaten. Star Thai in Fairfax isn't bad. Nothing special, but pretty reliable and affordable.

Posted by: iceman ()
Date: April 06, 2005 04:08PM

I like sakoontra's in tyson's and thai basil in chantilly too. Pretty good stuff.

But i think the best is still Bangkok Blues on Rt7. With live music on weekends, this is a place to be with good food, music and drinks.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: April 06, 2005 05:25PM

theres a good thai place nar Yorktown in arlington. in that shopping center with the harris teeter and adjacent to the baskin robins 31flav. shyt is tasty good check it out

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: April 07, 2005 10:11AM

Duangrat's is really good, but a little pricey compared to others. In Arlington, I also like Po Siams. If you're ever in the Woodbridge area near Potomac Mills, Tiger Thai is really good, probably my favorite so far.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: April 07, 2005 03:44PM

That place I was talkng about
its called
Ghin Na Rhee Thai

Posted by: Johnnybadhair ()
Date: April 11, 2005 09:48AM

Sakoontra (off Ox Road in Fairfax by the Home Depot) makes an awesome Crispy Duck and Tamarind Chicken. Also, I've never had a problem getting a table no matter what day/time I went.

Star Thai (Fair Lakes by Best Buy) is also pretty good, although not as much seating as Sakoontra.

Posted by: ben ()
Date: April 11, 2005 06:37PM

Star Thai is pretty good, but their steak (while absolutely delicious) is about |---| that big. Not a great deal.

Posted by: asnpcwiz ()
Date: April 14, 2005 10:59AM

Most of these places, excellent Thai food. I noticed that no one mentioned Thai Square though. Thai Sqaure in arlington is supposed to be some of the most Authentic Thai food around. Very good food as well.

Posted by: Randy ()
Date: April 17, 2005 11:33AM

My short list of Thai restaurants

Either of the Thai Pilins (although I end up at the one in McLean more often).

The original Neisha Thai on rt 7 in Falls Church

Rabieng (run by the same people as Duangrats, but half the price).

Khun Ya (on Elden St. in Herndon near the K-Mart).

Date: April 24, 2005 02:11AM

Try Neisha in Tyson's Corner. Pretty good food at a decent price.

Posted by: Mr_Chantilly ()
Date: April 28, 2005 10:58PM

Thai Basil off of rt50 near airline pkwy is GREAT! Better than Star Thai.

Posted by: PhilLesh ()
Date: May 22, 2005 12:38AM

DaveF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've only had Thai at a few places in the area,
> and THAI Shirlington was my favorite. Has anyone
> tried Dungrats on Leesburg Pike? I've been
> meaning to go there... It's listed as #2 on
> digitalcity's top 10 thai places in the DC area.

I didn't like duangrats. But everyone I went with loved it. So, maybe it actually is good.

I like Neisha Thai the best. Started going to the one on Wisconsin, near AU park, when I lived on Western Ave. When I moved to Mclean and found they had one in Tysons, across from circuit shity, I was ecstatic. And the one at the mall is even better than the upper NW DC one. There's also one in Baileys, but have no reason to try it since I've got one a couple miles away in Tysons mall.

I forget the name of the one in Vienna, near the jiffy lube, but it's not too bad either. It's probably a little more "americanized", but tasty and edible. Whatever this one's name is, also has a location across 7 from Trader Joes in Pimmit Hills. Tara Thai, that's it's name. You could try that one, most people like it, but don't necessarily LOVE it. Neisha is better. Beef Kapow. It really is hot, and yet you can still taste the basil. Nobody does that as good as neisha. One time I actually could feel the corners of my eyes begin to sting, and even broke a mild sweat. Plus they deliver in Tysons and Upper NW!

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: November 24, 2008 10:11PM

Hey guys, what's goin on in this topik?

Posted by: Noi ()
Date: November 24, 2008 10:31PM

boredom Wrote:
> Hey guys, what's goin on in this topik?

Khoon mai loo? Phom ghin mak mak. Khoon Chu alai?

Posted by: dono ()
Date: November 28, 2008 10:17AM

Rincomb S. Columbia Pike and S. Walter Reed Ave. Arlington VA (Across from the Cinema'n'Draft House. Is my favorite in the area. Good Pad Thai, Chicken w/basil, Lard Na, Crispy fish salad and Hoy Jow. Stay away from the scallops.

Posted by: Thai Fan ()
Date: August 05, 2017 04:18PM

I've been going to Rincome for almost 30 years. Decent food and they have staying power. I also like Thai Cafe at 6701 Loisdale Rd E, Springfield, VA 22150

Posted by: Serious question ()
Date: August 05, 2017 09:44PM

Thai Fan Wrote:
> I've been going to Rincome for almost 30 years.
> Decent food and they have staying power. I also
> like Thai Cafe at 6701 Loisdale Rd E, Springfield,
> VA 22150

In the 80s, we worked across the street from Rincome, loved it. Went there off and on since (don't work or live nearby, but when we were in the area...).

A year or two ago, stopped in and the food seemed very mediocre. We were sad.

So here's the question to the two other Rincome fans: have you been there lately, and do you think it's gone downhill? Or are you also remembering its glorious days from the past? Or maybe (hopefully!) we just hit an off-night?

Posted by: Across from the Safeway ()
Date: August 06, 2017 01:47AM

MrDoctor Wrote:
> theres a good thai place nar Yorktown in
> arlington. in that shopping center with the harris
> teeter and adjacent to the baskin robins 31flav.
> shyt is tasty good check it out

That's my go to Thai, the food is excellent. The prices are very reasonable, the family that runs it are very nice as well.

Posted by: hungry one ()
Date: August 06, 2017 06:31AM

Posted by: Best Thai ()
Date: August 06, 2017 09:50PM

Get a Thai girlfriend, then you can have Thai every night!

Posted by: kdbt9 ()
Date: August 06, 2017 11:47PM

I hate thai food, always have. I made the mistake of dating a girl who liked it. I used to put my best face on and take her when she wanted it, but I suffered. THere was always something on the menu that I could stomach, but I really didn't like it. She loved it. No, Chinese, Central American, Mediterranean wasn't good enough. She had to have Thai.

She figured out pretty quick I didn't like it. Well whaddyaknow what happens is along comes this guy with all this swayve & deboner who likes Thai food. Oh, it's just an innocent meal, she insisted, you don't like it, anyhow, & now you don't have to worry. I told her I did, cuz I could see he was bird dogging her. Well, I made the preparations and when she broke the news, I just told her BUH-bye, spun on my heel and walked away.

Later I discovered most black women don't like Thai food. So now I date a lot of black women.

Turned out this guy used to use the swayve and deboner and Thai food to get pussy. He was also a woman beater. She called me about 6 mos later begging me to take her back. I told her I was already seeing someone, which I was. I wouldn't have taken her back, anyhow. If she left me for some Thai food loving buttholebreath once, what's to stop her doing it again?

If you don't like Thai food, don't date a girl who does. You will lose her!

Posted by: Change story ()
Date: August 07, 2017 06:30AM

You never had a "girlfriend" bc it was really a he/she tranny from Phuket!

Posted by: I get to enjoy it twice! ()
Date: August 07, 2017 06:54AM

That shit is so fucking hot that your ass reminds you just how good it was when you ate it!

Posted by: Quoted poster smokes pole ()
Date: August 07, 2017 10:28AM

Change story Wrote:
> You never had a "girlfriend" bc it was really a
> he/she tranny from Phuket!

Ur so full of shit it's spilling out Ur mouth. Ur obviously gay & hate Urself 4 it. It's OK, U kin B gay these days & proud of it.

Posted by: user of toilet paper ()
Date: August 07, 2017 10:29AM

I get to enjoy it twice! Wrote:
> That shit is so fucking hot that your ass reminds
> you just how good it was when you ate it!

Yeah, but after a while, you wind up using too much toilet paper and you have a serious case of Asshole Flame.

Posted by: Donow ()
Date: August 07, 2017 10:36AM

Serious question Wrote:
> Thai Fan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've been going to Rincome for almost 30 years.
>
> > Decent food and they have staying power. I
> also
> > like Thai Cafe at 6701 Loisdale Rd E,
> Springfield,
> > VA 22150
>
> In the 80s, we worked across the street from
> Rincome, loved it. Went there off and on since
> (don't work or live nearby, but when we were in
> the area...).
>
> A year or two ago, stopped in and the food seemed
> very mediocre. We were sad.
>
> So here's the question to the two other Rincome
> fans: have you been there lately, and do you think
> it's gone downhill? Or are you also remembering
> its glorious days from the past? Or maybe
> (hopefully!) we just hit an off-night?

Owner Ken returned to Thailand around 2010 and its not been the same since. He worked 7 days a week, bought the best ingredients, oversaw the cooks and quality. Great guy. I think he got tired of the grind, the wife and sisters in law and got out of dodge. I miss Ken and really see no need to return to Rincome now that he is gone. Next time you are in ask them about Ken and how he is doing

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.