HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
If you were homeless...
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 20, 2007 02:03PM

lets say something happens, and you loose all your money & your job.. and to secure this hypothetical situation.. all your friends and family are dead..

what part of town would you prefer to be in, if you were homeless? dc? springfield? fairfax? etc..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If you were homeless...
Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: July 20, 2007 02:14PM

bdimag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lets say something happens, and you loose all your
> money & your job.. and to secure this hypothetical
> situation.. all your friends and family are
> dead..
>
> what part of town would you prefer to be in, if
> you were homeless? dc? springfield? fairfax? etc..

Miami.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 20, 2007 02:19PM

how bout around here?

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: July 20, 2007 03:12PM

Imagine, if you will, a world without hypothetical situations

Posted by: free loader ()
Date: July 20, 2007 05:05PM

There is no such thing as homeless absent a natural disaster. There are only people too lazy or retarded that choose not to work or go about the task of finding a place, any place, to live. It may not be the white house but it can be home.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 20, 2007 07:11PM

Tia2 Wrote:
> Imagine, if you will, a world without hypothetical
> situations

i would rather imagine a world without country music.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2007 07:17AM by Gravis.

Posted by: right ()
Date: July 20, 2007 07:19PM

i agree with freeloader. if you are homeless, go to a place like dc that has infrastructure to support you.

stay in a shelter, get a job, get a place in manassas, apply at booze allen, then move to great falls.

Posted by: George Mason's Colon ()
Date: July 20, 2007 07:44PM

Gravis oinked
> i would rather image a world without country
> music.

I'd rather, "Image" a world without Gravis

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 20, 2007 10:53PM

If there is one major disaster in your life (death of a loved one, major disease, loss of job, etc), 95% of people can handle it and move on.

Two major incidents (above) at once, then your chance of licking your wounds and bouncing back decrease to about 60% probability.

Three major incidents at the same time and little or no family support, then the chance of loosing it and becoming mentally ill and living on the street increases to above 90%.

The human brain, ggenerally speaking, can handle one or two crises's at once. More than that, your chances of survival are minimal.

Most people in Fairfax County are 2-3 lost paychecks away from being homeless. That is incident number 1.

Good luck to all.

There but by the grace of God (and Gravis) go I.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 20, 2007 11:31PM

There are more homeless people around LA than I've ever seen in any other city (even Dinkins-era NYC) ...it's not even comparable to DC. I'd probably go out there is I were homeless. Nicer weather for sure.

Posted by: free loader ()
Date: July 20, 2007 11:33PM

You are confusing homeless with not being in the home you desire. There is a difference. So your spouse dies, you lose your job and you are broke. There are places to live at a reduced rate. It may not be the place you want but then it is a roof over your head. There are always jobs out there, may not be the one you want but it is a job. You may have to move to another city or move in with friends or relatives but those are the breaks. If the mexicans can wade across a river and travel 1500 miles and find a place to stay I know we can. He may be cramped in a place built for five lived in by twenty but it is out of the weather.

To me an able bodied guy who just hangs out on the median strip with a bucket begging money is not homeless, he is a bum.

If you are mentally ill you probably wont know you are homeless anyway so that person wont care.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: July 20, 2007 11:58PM

Most homeless people are mentally ill and incapable of supporting themselves, or didn't the shopping cart full of shit they will never use tip you off?

Date: July 21, 2007 07:24AM

free loader Wrote:
> If you are mentally ill you probably wont know you
> are homeless anyway so that person wont care.

mental illness does not imply that you have totally lost your grip on reality, so no, you quite wrong in your statement.

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Most homeless people are mentally ill and
> incapable of supporting themselves, or didn't the
> shopping cart full of shit they will never use tip
> you off?

from what i remember, statistics show about 1 in 3 homeless people are mentally ill. im just point out it's not most of the homeless. why are people always dissin' cart?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2007 07:26AM by Gravis.

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: July 21, 2007 11:18AM

"mental illness does not imply that you have totally lost your grip on reality, so no, you quite wrong in your statement"

No you are wrong. If you are mentally ill you are not firing on all eight cylinders. I never said totally lost their grip but if someone is talking to themselves and walking around naked yeah I think they have a problem. For those types we have nut houses so there is no reason for them to be homeless.

I do not support the bums who hang out on the median strip. They appear to be 100% in charge of themselves and choose not to do honest labor in exchange for money. What they are is parasites.

Date: July 21, 2007 12:29PM

hold em Wrote:
> I never said

does this mean you also post under the alias of "free loader"? if not, you didnt post at all. register a name, keep it, post as it.

> I never said totally lost their grip

ORLY? i recall you posting this:

> If you are mentally ill you probably wont know you
> are homeless anyway so that person wont care.

your understanding of mental illness and the actual definition are extremely different. i assure you i know more on this subject than you.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: July 23, 2007 09:25AM

Gravis Wrote:
> Tia2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Imagine, if you will, a world without
> hypothetical
> > situations
>
> i would rather imagine a world without country
> music.

Country Music is an oxymoron!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.