HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
quick tips to avoid speeding tickets
Posted by: hold em' ()
Date: July 19, 2007 07:48PM

1 - Dont go 20 over the limit ever, nothing is that important

2 - If you see the rest of the traffic is going slow it is because there are cops ahead. Dont go flying past them.

3 - You speed in a school zone when the lights are flashing be prepared to take it up the ass in court, same for passing a school bus

4 - Cops usually run radar in the same spots day in and day out. It is a fishing hole they will always go back to. If you see them there today they will be there tomorrow.

5 - Dont argue with the cop, he/she gets paid to be in court you dont. Believe it or not cops appreciate honesty since they rarely hear it.

6 - Dont be a dumbass and tell the cop you had to go pee, it doesnt work. They are wise to that trick. They will just keep your license and let you go piss while they fill out the ticket. While they are waiting they may just add a few more charges for wasting their time.

7 - If you drink too much nowadays take a cab or call a friend. It just doesnt pay to take the chance anymore. The state will fuck you over and no one feels sorry for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: quick tips to avoid speeding tickets
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: July 19, 2007 07:53PM

hold em' Wrote:

> 4 - Cops usually run radar in the same spots day
> in and day out. It is a fishing hole they will
> always go back to. If you see them there today
> they will be there tomorrow.

NOT true. Ive seen cops stake out differant places at differant times. They are Craftier than that!

Date: July 19, 2007 08:14PM

On occasion they will, but like a good fisherman they go right back to where it is best. There are about four on my way to work and I can count on them being there almost every day. Usually right around a corner, at the bottom of a hill or where they can stand in the shade.
What you may be seeing are different cops at their favorite spots. Each has their own. There is a spot on Guinea Road almost at Braddock at the bottom of a long hill. The cops are there almost every day and all day long.

Posted by: Rick ()
Date: July 19, 2007 08:24PM

hold em' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Believe it or not cops
> appreciate honesty since they rarely hear it.
>

Very true! Most stories the police hear are just that, stories. They know much of what they hear isn't the truth, or at least isn't the entire truth.

The honesty thing goes for prosecutors and judges as well. I was in court recently and some guy facing a no license charge called in and left a message stating he wouldn't be in court due to attending a "funeral" of his uncle and asked the court for a continuance. The judge looked and saw that this same idiot had requested a continuance back in April to attend the "funeral" of another "uncle." Not a smart move. Not only was his request denied, he now has to look forward to a $1000 fine he incurred in his absence while paying his respects to his dear departed loved one for the second time in 3 months.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: July 19, 2007 09:13PM

hold em' Wrote:

> 7 - If you drink too much nowadays take a cab or
> call a friend. It just doesnt pay to take the
> chance anymore. The state will fuck you over and
> no one feels sorry for you.

When the hell did it pay to "take the chance" in terms of drunk driving?

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: July 19, 2007 09:48PM

Yeah I used to get speeding tickets. Now, instead of remembering 7 "tips" every time I drive, or jotting down my notes on avoiding tickets and carrying them in my car, I simply don't speed. It has worked wonders for me. Most of those tips are common sense anyway, But I can agree on number 5, IF you happen to ever get pulled over. I got pulled for 45 in a 35 once. The officer said "The speed limit is 35 back there" and I just said "Yeah I was going 45." I told him I knew exactly what the speed limit was, and the fact that it goes down to 25 down the road. I told him I saw him behind me, blah blah blah. He said I was also following too close and I had an expired registration. He gave me a break on everything but the registration, because it doesn't add points to your record. Sweet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2007 09:49PM by pyramids17.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 20, 2007 06:09AM

Genevieve Wrote:
> When the hell did it pay to "take the chance" in
> terms of drunk driving?

"la'er guyzz." "you cant drive home, you're really drunk." "be'cha hunnerd bugz i can!" "YOU'RE ON!"

and that's how it pays.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Lawn people suck ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:34PM

I was to the left of a flat bed truck when he went to make a wide right turn. He almost side swiped me and I had to gun the engine to get away from him. I was in a school zone speed trap and was pulled over for speeding a block away. I started yelling at the cop about what happened and why I was speeding. He said I should not gun the engine and I replied then I would have been hit and may have been pushed into oncoming traffic. I then asked him, loudly, if he would rather have a head on collision to deal with? He then said I should have just stopped. I said stopping would be illegal and I would have been hit from behind or by the tuck or both. He then started talking about children's safety, school zone, blah, blah, blah, and I explained I had two young kids at home, so I would not want to be involved in a head on collision as he earlier implied. I then yelled that if I went to court on this issue I would tell the judge the truth that the officer could not see the intersection where the truck turned, due to the curve in the road. He gave me a warning. It was true what happed with the truck, I did gun the engine, and I did have fun yelling at the cop who couldn't see up where the truck was turning.

It felt great to yell at a cop and prove how bull headed many of them are. Reminding him that he suggested a head on collision really pissed him off, and he gave me a warning.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 20, 2007 01:51PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Genevieve Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > When the hell did it pay to "take the chance"
> in
> > terms of drunk driving?
>
> "la'er guyzz." "you cant drive home, you're
> really drunk." "be'cha hunnerd bugz i can!"
> "YOU'RE ON!"
>
> and that's how it pays.

lol...

i remember 1 time I was on beulah rd doing maybe like 45-50 at like 2am, i was going to 7-11 coming from telegraph rd.. right before i turned into 7-11 i noticed a car coming pretty fast.. i parked.. in comes police car.. i start walkin in, he calls me over.. gives me the I know its late but you were going like 50 speech (a.k.a. the "i'm not mad, just disapointed" speech parents give).. i remember when he called me over (he never got out) i leaned up against the car next to his window.. was a little far from it so i kinda felt like i lost myself.. glad he didn't notice - cause i was 40oz deep.. i just told him i was getting a drink before going home (true) and i lived right down the road.. he drove away and i got myself some coke :)

i'm always nice & honest (to the point of not increminating myself) w/ cops.. cause i know when i get pulled over its my fault.. last time i got pulled over (and hopefully the last time) - the cop even mentioned how nice i was in court.. that time i technically should have gone to jail when pulled over.. but hey!

i don't speed anymore - and so i dont get pulled over anymore.. its amazing watching a cop come flying at you with his lights on, then pull somebody else over..

Date: July 20, 2007 05:09PM

It terms of court punishment years back a DUI could be handled with a quick ASAP class and pleading to reckless driving. No DUI on your record and less chance of suspension of license. It never paid to drive drunk as far as reasoning.

Posted by: The law ()
Date: July 20, 2007 11:15PM

There is only one tip you need for this:

DONT FUCKING SPEED!

Morons.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 21, 2007 07:16AM

The law Wrote:
> There is only one tip you need for this:
> DONT FUCKING SPEED!

i know you are just one of those jackasses that "goes with traffic" (aka speeding because it's the status quo) and then call other people morons for speeding. you are just another fucking hypocrite. if you really are a cop, you should know that cops speed more than anyone else and im not talking about when you are responding to a call. either way, you are hypocrite. die in a fire. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.