HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gas Station at Stringfellow and Northbourne?
Posted by: centreville resident ()
Date: July 18, 2007 05:10PM

I live off of stringfellow road and have been in the area for 10+ years. they have finally knocked the house down at the intersection of stringfellow and northbourne, where it was once occupied and hasn't been for a while and obviously cannot be anymore (lol). i'm curious if anyone has heard what they might be doing with the plot of land? it's big enough for a gas station, fast food, or just more houses...

The reason i ask is, i've heard mixed reports. some say they will just add onto neighborhood that is adjacent to it - others say they are eventually widening stringfellow, which i believe - so it'll be made up of road - others say it will be an addition to the parking lot close by (the one people use for metro) - and finally i've heard some say it will be zoned commercially for reasons i stated above.

Hope someone can clarify what is going on or that there is no idea what it will be for yet!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gas Station at Stringfellow and Northbourne?
Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: July 18, 2007 05:27PM

Yes, Stringfellow will be widened.

Would have already been done, or at least begun. Maybe witht he new civil fines, it will happen sooner than thought.

Re: Gas Station at Stringfellow and Northbourne?
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 18, 2007 09:05PM

i find it funny that after they put in that pipeline thing, they planted a bunch of trees right where the road is going to be widnend.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.