HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
good vets in the area?
Posted by: Lisa ()
Date: July 16, 2007 03:38PM

can anyone recommend a good vet in the area? just moved here and need a doc for my 2 kitties.... thx!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: good vets in the area?
Posted by: jabroni ()
Date: July 16, 2007 04:09PM

got a solution for you.

have had cats in the household for years, usually 2 at a time, now just 1. we have always gone to the vet clinic in centreville shopping area. if you are going South on 29, it's on your left immediately after the 28 / 29 interchange. once you turn left into the shopping center, make your 2nd right (it's on the corner). hope that helps and good luck!

Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: July 16, 2007 05:03PM

What part of 'the area' do you live in? There a lot of good vets, but I don't think that you want to drive to Franconia if you live in Chantilly.

Date: July 16, 2007 05:15PM

I'm right in Fairfax... Thanks, Lester!

Date: July 16, 2007 07:14PM

Lisa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm right in Fairfax... Thanks, Lester!

(Meaning Fairfax City)

And thanks Jabroni - will definitely check this out!

Date: July 16, 2007 08:02PM

I like the Vienna Animal Hospital.

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: July 16, 2007 09:18PM

Hi Lisa,

We live in Fairfax and we also have two kitties. Sixteen years ago we switched to the Cat Hospital of Fairfax and the sole vet there is dr. Janette Ellison, ( She gets a friend to fill in for her if she goes away) The nuber is 273 5454 and they do have a web site. Just Google the name.
She is an excellent vet and is good at diagnosing when something is wrong. Her office staff is very helpful. Dr. Ellison explains things very well and takes a pretty conservative approach. A few months ago we had to put our 17 year old kitty to sleep and the entire staff was extremely caring. Prior to my kitty's final appointment, Dr. Ellison talked to me honestly about his prognosis and spent a lot of time with my husband and me before we made the decision to put him down. I can always get an appointment and they follow up afterwards to see how the ailing cat is. I like the fact that there are no dogs there.

Another vet I would recommend is Dr. Tom Kawasaki at Old bridge vet hospital in Lake Ridge, Va. The drive is long, I know, but he was inexpensive and also very informative. I had a ferret at the time so I had to find a vet other than Dr. Ellison.
Good luck.

Trickie

Date: July 16, 2007 11:25PM

Wow -- thanks, Trickie!! I googled them and they look great. ;) My kitties are forever grateful...

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: July 17, 2007 11:39AM

Lisa, you are welcome. I think you will like the place. I have used them for years and I love Dr. Ellison!! So do my cats.

Trickie

Posted by: Bethany ()
Date: July 21, 2007 07:49PM

I like Dr Jackson at University Vet. He's across from George Mason, just outside 'old town' Fairfax. He's nice and always available - especially if your cat has just had surgery and such.

http://www.vcauniversityva.com/

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.