HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone ever been to World Gym in Fairfax
Posted by: Gym ()
Date: September 04, 2010 11:33PM

I would like to join Lifetime but it is too pricey, anyone know anything about World Gym in Fairfax? There are no reviews online.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone ever been to World Gym in Fairfax
Posted by: Les ()
Date: September 05, 2010 01:05AM

Planet Fitness is supposed to be about 15/mo.

Posted by: nahhdon't ()
Date: September 05, 2010 09:24AM

I was a member of World Gym for a few months at 20 bucks a month. It's not worth it unless they have really overhauled the inside since I was a member.

It used to be a school or something similar and, because of that, the equipment is in really awkward locations. It's like taking a small museum and randomly putting a stair-master somewhere...then in the next display room, putting a squat rack. The bathrooms were small as well. The only benefit to this place was that it was 24 hours.

Posted by: Gym ()
Date: September 05, 2010 11:43AM

I need a gym right in Fairfax or next to it, Manassas and Falls Church are too far, but thanks Les. Nahdont that is very helpful, sounds weird.

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: September 05, 2010 01:53PM

All gyms suck.

24 hour gyms are just bearable.

Whatever you do, don't sign a contract! Or you'll have to give them written notice or something to cancel your membership and that can be ahassle.

Posted by: Egghead ()
Date: February 19, 2012 10:25PM

Gym Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to join Lifetime but it is too
> pricey, anyone know anything about World Gym in
> Fairfax? There are no reviews online.

The gym is small, but well-equipped. Definitely cramped, but never a wait to use the equipment. The price is definitely right. Men's locker room is rarely cleaned and often missing bare essentials like toilet tissue, soap. Makes mid-day workout and return to work a challenge.

Posted by: apollo creed ()
Date: February 19, 2012 10:41PM

I understand the need for a workout..but why not use dumbbells or a few kettles?
work out at your home or apt.
you know the risk of getting staph and other crazy shit you can get from a gym? not worth it.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: February 20, 2012 12:06AM

I go to World Gym currently after being a member at Lifetime and Mason. Lifetime is a fucking awesome gym, but it is like $70 a month.

I pay 15.99/mo for World and it's...acceptable. I live right down the street so that's probably the main thing that keeps me going there. There isn't, as far as I know, a long term commitment either.

There are only two benches and one squat rack but I rarely have to wait for stuff, and if I do have to wait it usually isn't for very long. Missing some equipment I wish they'd have (area for deadlift/power clean, have to use bench barbell; hammer strength equipment) but you can make do.

Bottom line, it's cheap as fuck and located on Main St in Fairfax. If that sounds good, it's a good gym. If not, there are plenty of other options.

Posted by: brothers ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:55AM

use to be gold's gym?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.