HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax ASAP Program
Posted by: ambienta ()
Date: September 03, 2010 11:08AM

I was wondering if someone who has totally completed the ASAP program could give me alittle insight. I was conviced of a DUI in July but I completed the ASAP class before the conviction. The DMV has on file that I am enrolled in ASAP but not that I've completed. The DMV told me that if I finished the class ASAP should notify them that I'm done. I called ASAP and they told me they don't notify the DMV I'm completed untill my year long probation is up. So I'm wondering who is right? Also I'm curious if anyone who went to get their licence back had any problems after their years suspension was up. I'm worried that when I go to get my licence back on the day after my suspension ends the DMV won't give it to me because ASAP hasn't notified them that I've completed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax ASAP Program
Date: September 03, 2010 11:12AM

Maybe you shouldn't drive drunk. Dumbass.

Posted by: Bill ()
Date: September 03, 2010 11:28AM

Helpful.

Seriously-CALL YOUR LAWYER. Have them straighten this whole thing out for you. So what if it costs you a few bucks. In the end you will be obligated to prove you did what the judge told you to do. If you can't prove it, your posterior will end up in jail or beside the road picking up trash. If something goes wrong, you want to make sure that you've got someone on the outside either fighting for you or that you can sue.

If you didn't have an attorney for your DUI, don't be an idiot twice. Go out and hire one. This is no time to be cheap.

Date: September 03, 2010 11:46AM

I had a lawyer, and I will call him for sure if I have any problems getting my regular licence back, (which isn't for another 10 months.) I just wanted to see if anyone had problems with Fairfax ASAP reporting their completion. I had to call ASAP myself to get them to tell the DMV I was enrolled, they didn't do it automatically like they probably should have.

I actually called the VASAP commission in Richmond and talked to a pretty nice person. They confirmed what the Fairfax ASAP told me and said the DMV was wrong.

I would encourage people to post their Fairfax ASAP experience here. They're not very pleasant over there and they don't like to answer your questions. They're probably overworked, but if they took the time to write out in detail all the info people needed to know then they would most likely get less questions.

Posted by: Comment1 ()
Date: December 16, 2010 08:54AM

Have you told the Fairfax ASAP office your concerns? They usually give out so much information that people don't read all of it and then the office gets the same questions over and over again.

Posted by: You drunks AGAIN ()
Date: December 16, 2010 09:12AM

Holy crap! We are not your parents. Stop drinking and driving and call a cab. How many losers are in Fairfax?

Posted by: Musicresponder ()
Date: April 12, 2011 03:29PM

I'm having the same issue. Ive completed ASAP but the DMV only shows the word "enroll" how do I get it to say Completed? I still havent recieved anything in the mail stating my completion of asap.

Posted by: EGOD ()
Date: April 12, 2011 11:37PM

More chumps getting arrested for dui.....HAHAHAHA funny until u hit a innocent person, back to ASAP for looser!

Posted by: loser ()
Date: April 13, 2011 02:21AM

come on dipshit. looser?

EGOD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More chumps getting arrested for dui.....HAHAHAHA
> funny until u hit a innocent person, back to ASAP
> for looser!

Date: April 13, 2011 02:57AM

It is my understanding that even though you finished the class you have not "completed" ASAP until your year probation is up. At that time, unless you have violated your probation, your status at the DMV should automatically update to "completed." I still have a few more months on my probation so I will update this then to verify that is how it works. Until then I invite anyone else to share their experience with ASAP.

For people looking for real information don't be discouraged by the asshole postings on this thread or FFX underground. These people are insecure with themselves so they have to judge others to make themselves feel better. Everyone makes mistakes, including them.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 13, 2011 08:33AM

ambienta Wrote:
> It is my understanding that even though you
> finished the class you have not "completed" ASAP
> until your year probation is up. At that time,
> unless you have violated your probation, your
> status at the DMV should automatically update to
> "completed." I still have a few more months on my
> probation so I will update this then to verify
> that is how it works. Until then I invite anyone
> else to share their experience with ASAP.
>
> For people looking for real information don't be
> discouraged by the asshole postings on this thread
> or FFX underground. These people are insecure with
> themselves so they have to judge others to make
> themselves feel better. Everyone makes mistakes,
> including them.

-------------------------------------------------------------

you know, drinking and driving is stupid

but statistics say that more sober people cause accidents than drunks do

plenty of sober "loosers" out there every day

as for the drunks? fuck you too - but that's why yr stuck in ASAP

LoLz

as for the original poster, apparently ASAP is a joke. Just some hoops you have to jump thru to satisfy your legal responsibilities. But it's not gonna make you sober or anything. But it IS going to cost you a LOT of money, prolly for a VERY long time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

but seriously, IF YOU REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ALCOHOL, YOU SHOULD "COWBOY UP" as the hillbillies say, AND GO TO AA!

And if you are driving around drunk, then it sounds like you have a problem, yo.

good luck with yr future

Posted by: Holla ()
Date: April 23, 2011 12:43AM

I completed ASAP back in 2002 and will first say that you do not receive anything in the mail, that goes directly to the DMV. For those who are posting what a dumbass that the original poster may have been; keep in mind that we all make mistakes, some more stupid than others, but everyone makes mistakes, and a few of you are living proof (just ask your parents).
It is important that you keep in mind that you need to keep proof of payment to ASAP (apparently for the rest of your life), in order to sucessfully complete the program you must pay your account in full, that is the only requirement that has not been listed in prior posts. I completed in 2002 and 9 years later I mysteriously owe ASAP money for my old account, funny how that works out when Fairfax is hurting for money.
PS
Grammar Police,
your sn on here doesn't match your grammatical expertise, the gramatically correct statement would not have the word dumbass as a seperate sentense, dumbass; see that is how you address someone as a dumbass using proper grammar Sr. Grammar Queef.

Date: April 23, 2011 12:49AM

Holla, did you have any trouble getting your licence back when your year was up? They really contacted you 9 years later? How much did they want from you?

Posted by: Need license ()
Date: July 11, 2011 11:57AM

I'm in the same boat, finished my year long probation and completed ASAP last year. Calling ffx ASAP to report my completion

Posted by: BB*X ()
Date: July 11, 2011 02:20PM

I had an issue getting my license back. I went to DMV and they said the court had a hold on it, I went to the court and they said DMV was wrong and that DMV had a hold on it. I went back to DMV and they insisted that it was the court. At this point I called my lawyer and she told me to go home and wait to hear from her. I got a call from her the next day saying she had contacted the main DMV office in Richmond and that I could go get my license. They screwed up so bad that when I went they just gave me my license back for three months without having to take any test. The manager at the DMV apologized for the issue and told me it was only valid for three months and that in that time frame I would need to come in and take the written as well as the road test.

Posted by: Too bad ()
Date: July 11, 2011 02:45PM

Just be happy you did not kill anyone.

I do not feel sorry for you that it took you time to get your license back. I wonder what your lawyer charged you to call the DMV.

Posted by: the pot is calling... ()
Date: July 11, 2011 02:55PM

Holla Wrote:
> I completed ASAP back in 2002 and will first say
> that you do not receive anything in the mail, that
> goes directly to the DMV. For those who are
> posting what a dumbass that the original poster
> may have been; keep in mind that we all make
> mistakes, some more stupid than others, but
> everyone makes mistakes, and a few of you are
> living proof (just ask your parents).
> It is important that you keep in mind that you
> need to keep proof of payment to ASAP (apparently
> for the rest of your life), in order to
> sucessfully complete the program you must pay your
> account in full, that is the only requirement that
> has not been listed in prior posts. I completed in
> 2002 and 9 years later I mysteriously owe ASAP
> money for my old account, funny how that works out
> when Fairfax is hurting for money.
> PS
> Grammar Police,
> your sn on here doesn't match your grammatical
> expertise, the gramatically correct statement
> would not have the word dumbass as a seperate
> sentense, dumbass; see that is how you address
> someone as a dumbass using proper grammar Sr.
> Grammar Queef.
Attachments:
retarded.jpg

Posted by: Nodiggity ()
Date: August 03, 2011 03:41PM

I take it the loser never made a mistake in his life and so can't understand that others can and do make mistakes, that they learn from. If we don't make mistakes in life, then we have no reason to learn and grow. That's what happens when one lives in EGO, they can't fathom that others are just trying to live life, just as he is. Stuff happens, learn to have compassion. It's not as if everyone who has been pulled for DUI and had to do ASAP was drunk and they were driving erratically. I know several who drove just fine, but were pulled in sobriety check points. It doesn't matter. God gives us as much compassion as we give to others, so the Righteous Judge will see to it that EGO-Dumby learns his own lesson, righteously!

Some have no life, so they like trolling on the internet. It so easy to talk crap hiding behind a keyboard and computer monitor. Let's see big boy step out on the streets talking the same type of crap to people's faces! Why not go stand at the courthouse and wait for those convicted of DUI and talk this crap to their faces? Oh, maybe his mommy won't let him out of the basement until he cleans his room, that's why. Always some excuse from some lame loser that wants to call others out when they can't even take a nice long look into the mirror at their own crappy attitude and skewed perspectives. What a life, sitting on a computer trolling, goes to show what kind of person they are, nothing better to do than talk crap to people they don't even know anything about.

Posted by: Call ur legal beagle ()
Date: August 03, 2011 10:43PM

First -- don't drink and drive -- ever!

Second -- this is a DUI -- run EVERYTHING thru your lawyer so its gets taken care of properly.

Reality -- the FFX ASAP folks know their job and will get the notifications done right.

Posted by: backdoor2thefuture ()
Date: August 04, 2011 09:35AM

You need to have your ASAP counselor report that you completed to the DMV. FYI your ASAP counselor is not your buddy and do everything he says or he'll hold that over you.

Posted by: filiusmep301 ()
Date: August 12, 2011 05:10PM

Quick question: my friend was arrested for drunk driving and is taking the ASAP class - I know she's gonna get breathalyzed, but is she gonna get urine tested for other drugs too? I know that people who get a possession charge get urine tested but what about drunk drivers? It would really suck if she has to quit everything even though she never got a drug charge...

Posted by: Retard ()
Date: August 12, 2011 11:58PM

Yes they test for everything. You are on probation for a year so you need to be completely law abiding or you'll get sent back to court as non compliant, did you read the papers you signed,

Posted by: Backdoor2thefuture ()
Date: August 13, 2011 12:07AM

"it would really suck if she has to quit everything" what the fuck , is she a crack head, everything implying multiple drugs and drinking,

I hope she gets thrown in the slammer for a long time shite someone turn her in now for drugging it up on probation

Posted by: BigK12 ()
Date: August 13, 2011 05:29PM

How does the whole ASAP program work or not work? Is it a slap on the hand or does it actually do something consequential?

Date: August 14, 2011 12:30AM

I've been meaning to update this. ASAP reported my completion but not until I called them. You can check this on the DMV website if you log in to your account and click on compliance summary. The day before my probation was up it still wasn't reported as completed so I called them up and got a nice person to do it for me. It takes about 5 minutes and it is instant. As soon as they do it you can see it updated on the DMV site. Not all the people at ASAP are this nice in fact many are the exact opposite. Its like a game of roulette when you call over there. Anyway you want your completion reported before your probation ends otherwise when they do report it you have to take all your tests again at the DMV. The eyetest, written test, and behind the wheel all before you can get your licence back. I was worried that since it had been over a year and a half since I took the class they may have lost my information or tell me I hadn't completed something but it all went smooth.

For all these other questions people are asking I will break it down how it works.

When you get convicted of a DUI the court sends you to ASAP. You can pre-enroll before your court date which is ideal because you can get your restricted licence immediately after your court date if you pre-enrolled. Otherwise you have to wait until you're enrolled in ASAP to get your restricted licence.

When you enroll they will give you an intake interview. If you do not attend this you are sent back to court. At intake you are required to pay your 400 dollar fee and you will be breathalized. At this time they will classify you into one of 3 categories which will determine the amount of rehabilitation you will do. If you are in the highest risk category not only will you have to take the 10 week class but you will also have to go to outpatient rehab and several AA meetings. Also at your intake you will sign up for whichever class they have available that fits your schedule. This is where you will also be assigned a probation officer.

The class is pretty easy. All you basically have to do is show up on time and participate. If you miss a class and it wasn't pre arrainged then you will be sent back to court. If you miss two classes you will be sent back to court. You will be breathalized randomly.

The probation lasts a year after your conviction. You can be called in at any time for drug and alcohol tests. I was never called in but its random and I hear it happens. Apparently they use a test that detects alcohol use from up to 3 days prior. If you test positive for anything you will be sent back to court so don't risk it, its not worth the consequnces. You are supposed to be drug and alcohol free for your entire probation.

Bottom line follow everything ASAP tells you to the letter and you should be fine. Do whatever you have to do to not miss a class or any assignments. You do not want to get caught up in the red tape of being non complient. Hope this helps some people. I wish I had this info beforehand.

Posted by: rick ()
Date: August 16, 2011 04:09PM

your probation officer should be able to answer all of your questions

Posted by: rick ()
Date: August 16, 2011 04:50PM

when i went thru the asap program they breathalized only
if they enroll you in alcohol and drug services(ads)you will be urine tested for everthing even if your arrest didnt involve drugs.

ads is basically an 5 month out patient program .at the asap intake interview is where they dertimine weather or not your in need of it.
if memory serves me (dont quote me,do some research)ads is mandatory for the following......

if youve had other duis ,regaurdless of the time frame

bac level of.15 or more

to many yes answers on thier drinking behavior questionere (they score it)

Posted by: HollyGoLightly35 ()
Date: August 18, 2011 03:23PM

Honestly if you can avoid this office do so at all costs. The people are unhelpful and I was recently told by my probation officer, whom I have attempted to contact on multiple (and I mean like at least ten times) and have been into the office to see, that I was irresponsible and just looking to blame someone else. This is not the case at all. I have attended everyone of my classes, I regularly ask questions of my teacher, I have called about the aa classes and I have paid for everything that has been asked of me. I am not an alcoholic, although once you get arrested you are treated as one constantly, and have taken 100% responsiblity for my actions. However this did not stop my officer from repeatedly telling me that I was lazy and irresponsible and that I had not done my part. EXCUSE ME SIR but you are the one that went on a THREE week vacation and durign that time, while I called the office, attempting to reach yourself and other probation officers I left several messages including all the information that was asked of me and still I have yet toe EVER recieve a call back.
When I tried to enter the program I was trying to get my paperwork in order and asked if I could fax something over, they said yes, when I called back after faxing she told me that they do not check the fax machine during the day and therefore I had to call back the next day.
As I previously stated, avoid this office at all costs, go somewhere else. The only redeeming factor with my experience is that my ASAP class instructor is probably the best one possible.

Posted by: disgraceful ()
Date: August 18, 2011 05:37PM

Sounds like Fred Nixon to me. How does he keep getting away with jerking people around?

Posted by: fuck you ()
Date: August 18, 2011 11:18PM

Fred Nixon IS AN ASSHOLE

Posted by: Got hit with the book ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:44PM

Unfortuantely im still dealing with ASAP. I pre enrolled in the program prior to my conviction in md. i was transferred to Fairfax since I live in the area. I have done everything they asked of me from aa,asap to treatment. I have paid lots of money in cabs and buses to get back and fourth since I do not have license. Now all I want is a completion letter and they will not call me back. Just like the person before me I too was told I owe them from a conviction in 2004 which i paid and DMV has record that they sent a completion for. I tried calling Richmond as well and that one later Charlene is a joke. These people make it hard to move on with life and they are all rude and undereducated. I can not wait for it to all be over, even if I have to pay a lawyer again to clear this mess up i will but i will never drink and drive again and be sent back to ASAP. They rule yoyr life and they play around because they know they can. Any advise on proving I paid them in 2004??????

Posted by: Hit with da book ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:46PM

How did you clear up the money they claim you owe. Same thing is happening to me.

Posted by: Dj CMC ()
Date: May 31, 2012 02:25PM

I am in this exact situation. Today is the last day of my probation and the DMV compliance summary still says I have yet to complete the program. I have put in a call up to Fairfax ASAP but have yet to receive a call back from my case worker. Is there anything else I should do other than keep calling up there? I seem to always find an answering machine. I am debating going up there tomorrow during walk in hours to talk to someone but not sure if that is the way to go.

ambienta Wrote:
> I've been meaning to update this. ASAP reported my
> completion but not until I called them. You can
> check this on the DMV website if you log in to
> your account and click on compliance summary. The
> day before my probation was up it still wasn't
> reported as completed so I called them up and got
> a nice person to do it for me. It takes about 5
> minutes and it is instant. As soon as they do it
> you can see it updated on the DMV site. Not all
> the people at ASAP are this nice in fact many are
> the exact opposite. Its like a game of roulette
> when you call over there. Anyway you want your
> completion reported before your probation ends
> otherwise when they do report it you have to take
> all your tests again at the DMV. The eyetest,
> written test, and behind the wheel all before you
> can get your licence back. I was worried that
> since it had been over a year and a half since I
> took the class they may have lost my information
> or tell me I hadn't completed something but it all
> went smooth.
>
> For all these other questions people are asking I
> will break it down how it works.
>
> When you get convicted of a DUI the court sends
> you to ASAP. You can pre-enroll before your court
> date which is ideal because you can get your
> restricted licence immediately after your court
> date if you pre-enrolled. Otherwise you have to
> wait until you're enrolled in ASAP to get your
> restricted licence.
>
> When you enroll they will give you an intake
> interview. If you do not attend this you are sent
> back to court. At intake you are required to pay
> your 400 dollar fee and you will be breathalized.
> At this time they will classify you into one of 3
> categories which will determine the amount of
> rehabilitation you will do. If you are in the
> highest risk category not only will you have to
> take the 10 week class but you will also have to
> go to outpatient rehab and several AA meetings.
> Also at your intake you will sign up for whichever
> class they have available that fits your schedule.
> This is where you will also be assigned a
> probation officer.
>
> The class is pretty easy. All you basically have
> to do is show up on time and participate. If you
> miss a class and it wasn't pre arrainged then you
> will be sent back to court. If you miss two
> classes you will be sent back to court. You will
> be breathalized randomly.
>
> The probation lasts a year after your conviction.
> You can be called in at any time for drug and
> alcohol tests. I was never called in but its
> random and I hear it happens. Apparently they use
> a test that detects alcohol use from up to 3 days
> prior. If you test positive for anything you will
> be sent back to court so don't risk it, its not
> worth the consequnces. You are supposed to be drug
> and alcohol free for your entire probation.
>
> Bottom line follow everything ASAP tells you to
> the letter and you should be fine. Do whatever you
> have to do to not miss a class or any assignments.
> You do not want to get caught up in the red tape
> of being non complient. Hope this helps some
> people. I wish I had this info beforehand.

Posted by: EveryoneMakesMistakes ()
Date: December 03, 2012 10:51PM

I was recently ordered to ASAP (after more than 1 year in an out of court) and my intake is coming up. I am a little nervous about intake as I take prescribed medication daily that I know will be flagged in the urine test. I was told that if medications come up in your urine test, regardless of the fact that you have a prescription that they will force you into ADS classes. Has anyone had any experience with that or have any advice for me about the intake process? Any advice or information is appreciated!

Posted by: EMM ()
Date: December 05, 2012 10:26AM

Drinking and driving is not a mistake. It is an immature act that could kill someone.

Just do your time and STFU.

Posted by: _Eyedea_ ()
Date: December 05, 2012 02:25PM

de hierba y pasala para la izquierda

Posted by: Rich ()
Date: May 22, 2013 02:10PM

I have been in the asap program for a very long time.

Bottom line facts:

ASAP changes constantly, each location operates slightly differently.

When you get a DUI, in order to get your driving privileges fully reinstated you need to complete the ASAP program.

At the intake you will most likely be breathalyzed AND drug tested. If you test positive for any drug, alcohol included, you will most likely be sent to an outpatient program which will be very expensive and require you to pee in a cup randomly.

MAKE SURE TO GO TO ASAP INTAKE CLEAN!!!! IT IS NOT WORTH PEEING DIRTY!

I am not going to go into every detail. Bottom line, don't pee dirty, and you MUST complete asap to get your license back. Asap MUST be the ones to notify DMV electronically in order for you to get your license. And asap will be monitoring you for a minimum of 1 year.

Posted by: secure ()
Date: February 12, 2014 08:23AM

I agree with you the real losers are the ones with negative input, the sad thing is once they walk in another persons shoes they will change ther pathetic attitude, they will reap what they sow unfortunately then it will be too late, the real joke is on them and they are probably even too pathetic to realize it!!!!!!

Posted by: fucked ()
Date: June 28, 2014 12:15AM

I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to start a new one.

Okay, I had a first offense DUI with high BAC (no lawyer). I did my mandatory 10 days in jail. I enrolled in ASAP but it is clear that I won't be able to afford all the counseling fees and ignition interlock fees, etc.

as I lost my job while in jail. Probably couldn't have afforded it even with my low paying job, not to mention time off/schedule changes needed to attend meetings and counseling. I don't own a car anymore either, so I don't need a restricted license.

So my question is, if I drop out of ASAP, I know I'll have to go back to court and the judge will re-instate the suspended part of my fine and jail time. I got one year in jail with all but the mandatory 10 days suspended. That would be 355 days. If you only do 50% with good behavior, that would be about 6 months, right? I'll also never be able to come up with the $2000 in re-instated fine. What do they do about that? More jail time?

Basically all I have to give them is my freedom. I'm living on the street anyway, so jail would be alright at this point.

Thanks in advance for all helpful responses. The rest of you: don't waste your time.

Posted by: 0987 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 09:18AM

I just think it seems to be so much easier to NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. How hard can it be to be sober and make good, safe decisions? Is alcohol that important in your life that you are willing to risk your life and the lives of innocent people? I don't feel sorry for anybody here.

Posted by: Smashed Behind The Wheel ()
Date: June 28, 2014 11:01AM

0987 Wrote:
> I just think it seems to be so much easier to NOT
> DRINK AND DRIVE. How hard can it be to be sober
> and make good, safe decisions? Is alcohol that
> important in your life that you are willing to
> risk your life and the lives of innocent people? I
> don't feel sorry for anybody here.

I drive better drunk than most people do sober. I've been doing it for over 15 years, and not once given any cop a reason to pull me over. Some people are just better at it than others. I suppose people like you, who are both terrible at driving drunk and even more so sober, would be worried by that. Just don't project your shortcomings onto others.

Posted by: options ()
Date: June 28, 2014 01:38PM

fucked Wrote:
> I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to
> start a new one.
>
> Okay, I had a first offense DUI with high BAC (no
> lawyer). I did my mandatory 10 days in jail. I
> enrolled in ASAP but it is clear that I won't be
> able to afford all the counseling fees and
> ignition interlock fees, etc.
>
> as I lost my job while in jail. Probably
> couldn't have afforded it even with my low paying
> job, not to mention time off/schedule changes
> needed to attend meetings and counseling. I don't
> own a car anymore either, so I don't need a
> restricted license.
>
> So my question is, if I drop out of ASAP, I know
> I'll have to go back to court and the judge will
> re-instate the suspended part of my fine and jail
> time. I got one year in jail with all but the
> mandatory 10 days suspended. That would be 355
> days. If you only do 50% with good behavior, that
> would be about 6 months, right? I'll also never
> be able to come up with the $2000 in re-instated
> fine. What do they do about that? More jail
> time?
>
> Basically all I have to give them is my freedom.
> I'm living on the street anyway, so jail would be
> alright at this point.
>
> Thanks in advance for all helpful responses. The
> rest of you: don't waste your time.

Many judges can and will substitute community service if you can't pay the fines.

Posted by: rog ()
Date: October 08, 2014 10:02AM

While you are on probation and you get a trespassing charge what are the consequences? Btw my stupid friend was driving and he went to a cementary at night and turned the car off trying to scare the group he got pulled over and the cop gave us all a ticket for trespassing could I be able to fight it?

Posted by: quagmire77 ()
Date: October 09, 2014 02:21AM

Sounds like you are fucked. The big mean Niggers in Jail may soon have there way with you unless you fight them....

Posted by: ASAP Graduate ()
Date: November 24, 2014 09:29PM

DMV is correct. You haven't completed your ASAP requirements until the period of your probation is complete. Completing the ASAP course is just one COMPONENT of your probationary requirements.

Posted by: Evelyn ()
Date: February 11, 2015 12:46PM

Does any have a copy of the completion letter? I may need to get one to take it to the DC DMV which has not record of my completion of the VASAP back in 1998. Went to court in DC completed the VASAP but I need to know where I need to get that from. Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

Posted by: cyvmW ()
Date: February 12, 2015 03:35PM

i'll answer you if you first tell me:

a) how many phone nubmers are in the phone book listed as "fx co gov services"

b) how many are related to family, sexual, or debt ties to who is "awareded" with getting county checks who never does a damn thing

i've seen at least 500 if we count fake 501c's running out of the area

Posted by: Two glasses wine/fender bender ()
Date: February 17, 2015 10:55PM

The paperwork states that if you move to a new area you will
be required to pay the fees for the new area (regardless of whether you paid in the originating area).

I'm really annoyed by the rude comments of some people. Fairfax is tough... I had two glasses of wine hours earlier and got into a fender bender when the car in front of me stopped short. I rarely ever drank period. Now I find myself in this very difficult situation. Lawyer didn't help as far as
I'm concerned. This is all about money. That's the bottom line.

0.08 and convicted of a DWI. Never even had another accident or trouble in my life and now this. Whoever the jerk was calling people "losers" (and by the way it's loser not looser)... You need to look in the mirror and self-evaluate before being rude to others.

Posted by: bbbeeker ()
Date: February 18, 2015 02:57AM

^

You were drunk and hit a innocent bystanders car....I've bet hit by a few of you.....time to pay the piper chump

Posted by: r-i-g-h-t ()
Date: February 18, 2015 06:43AM

Two glasses wine/fender bender Wrote:
> The paperwork states that if you move to a new
> area you will
> be required to pay the fees for the new area
> (regardless of whether you paid in the originating
> area).
>
> I'm really annoyed by the rude comments of some
> people. Fairfax is tough... I had two glasses of
> wine hours earlier and got into a fender bender
> when the car in front of me stopped short. I
> rarely ever drank period. Now I find myself in
> this very difficult situation. Lawyer didn't help
> as far as
> I'm concerned. This is all about money. That's the
> bottom line.
>
> 0.08 and convicted of a DWI. Never even had
> another accident or trouble in my life and now
> this. Whoever the jerk was calling people "losers"
> (and by the way it's loser not looser)... You need
> to look in the mirror and self-evaluate before
> being rude to others.

The infamous "two glasses of wine hours ago". What were you drinking out of-a bucket?

You don't blow a .08 on "two glasses of wine hours ago". Is the testing machine broken? Think not.

It's all about keeping people alive.

Posted by: r-i-g-h-t ()
Date: February 18, 2015 06:47AM

Posted by: Cyphir ()
Date: April 23, 2015 02:55PM

I literally just had this problem. I called up the VASAP office and they said that the completion was on file they just never sent the confirmation to the DMV which they did while on the phone with me. call your ASAP office where you completed the program and ask to speak with a Case Worker and explain that you are trying to reinstate your license but the dmv says you are enrolled for the ASAP class but not complete. let them know your full name and they will look you up and it will show when you completed it and they will send the record into the DMV.

Posted by: No lawyer........GET ONE ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:04PM

fucked Wrote:
> I know this is an old thread but I didn't want to
> start a new one.
>
> Okay, I had a first offense DUI with high BAC (no
> lawyer). I did my mandatory 10 days in jail. I
> enrolled in ASAP but it is clear that I won't be
> able to afford all the counseling fees and
> ignition interlock fees, etc.
>
> as I lost my job while in jail. Probably
> couldn't have afforded it even with my low paying
> job, not to mention time off/schedule changes
> needed to attend meetings and counseling. I don't
> own a car anymore either, so I don't need a
> restricted license.
>
> So my question is, if I drop out of ASAP, I know
> I'll have to go back to court and the judge will
> re-instate the suspended part of my fine and jail
> time. I got one year in jail with all but the
> mandatory 10 days suspended. That would be 355
> days. If you only do 50% with good behavior, that
> would be about 6 months, right? I'll also never
> be able to come up with the $2000 in re-instated
> fine. What do they do about that? More jail
> time?
>
> Basically all I have to give them is my freedom.
> I'm living on the street anyway, so jail would be
> alright at this point.
>
> Thanks in advance for all helpful responses. The
> rest of you: don't waste your time.

If you were not represented and you no longer have a job and do not want to pay, have them take it back to court.......GET A FREE COURT APPOINTED ATTORNEY and since you did not have representation on your first courtdate they may rehear your case and since you've done 10 days and have no job or money they may substitute ASAP with a simplier probation program that has no cost but just requires check in until your suspension is up. Just a suggestion.

Posted by: looking elsewhere for blame ()
Date: April 23, 2015 04:47PM

Two glasses wine/fender bender Wrote:
> The paperwork states that if you move to a new
> area you will
> be required to pay the fees for the new area
> (regardless of whether you paid in the originating
> area).
>
> I'm really annoyed by the rude comments of some
> people. Fairfax is tough... I had two glasses of
> wine hours earlier and got into a fender bender
> when the car in front of me stopped short. I
> rarely ever drank period. Now I find myself in
> this very difficult situation. Lawyer didn't help
> as far as
> I'm concerned. This is all about money. That's the
> bottom line.
>
> 0.08 and convicted of a DWI. Never even had
> another accident or trouble in my life and now
> this. Whoever the jerk was calling people "losers"
> (and by the way it's loser not looser)... You need
> to look in the mirror and self-evaluate before
> being rude to others.

If you are a 200 lb male and had 2 glasses of wine over a 2 hour period your blood alcohol would be 0.007% - one-tenth the 0.08 you claim. A 110 lb. female drinking 2 glasses of wine over a 2 hr. period would have a 0.049% BAC. A 110lb female would have to drink 2.80 glasses over a 2hr. period to get a 0.08

Now I no longer drink and Ive never had any DUI's or other alcohol related problems with the law. Im not judging you but if you are a very small person and you are drinking nearly a pint of wine I would plan on getting a taxi. Personally Im glad this is expensive and difficult for you - maybe you wont do it again.

You might consider this positive as well. If alcohol is a problem in your life (and in your case it undeniably is) this could be a wake up call. Best of luck and stop looking elsewhere for blame in your life. You are grown up, you are responsible.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.