HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I just got a ticket for stalling out... wtf?
Posted by: Karmen ()
Date: July 07, 2007 09:20AM

okay so i am practicing stick on my dads camaro I am doing fine, i get to a stop light on a slight curve and behind me is a cop, I am like whatever, anyways the light turns green and I didint put enough gas and let the clutch out a bit too early JUST as my car stalls out I see the cop turns his lights and sirens on, what the hell? He asks me to stay in my car, ask for License and registration and he proceeds to tell me I have to pay a 600 dollar fine for obstructing traffic!? or some BS like that I try to explain to him but he said maybe I should be learning in a parking lot and he stood there waiting for me to drive out, thankfully i didint stall out this time and was on my way. I cant wait to tell my lawyer this, now I know why people hate cops. Christ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just got a ticket for stalling out... wtf?
Posted by: nakedshoplifter ()
Date: July 07, 2007 09:29AM

Wow, Mr. Albo's plan is working wonderfully.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 07, 2007 11:21AM

Wow, Mr. Albo's plan is working wonderfully.

Speaking of that, I just got back from DC and I noticed that no one on 66 was traveling above 60-65 mph. Usually there are at least some cars that are doing like 70-75, but not today. It was weird, definitely out of the ordinary. I wonder if it has something to do with the new laws (which, btw, I do not agree with).

That sucks for the original poster, that cop is being ridiculous.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 07, 2007 11:29AM

I used to drive a stick. I hadn't for many years until I drove my brother in law Cobra. I accidentally stalled out. It was a 5-7 second incident and shit happens.
The cop should have just made sure you were alright, not drunk or stoned and let you go. Stalling out happens and I have seen people obstruct traffic at light doing worse things than this.

I think this crossed the line - if you are telling us the whole story.

Date: July 07, 2007 12:11PM

It's the whole story, im still shocked at it, what would I have left out?

Posted by: hang over ()
Date: July 07, 2007 12:35PM

Can you quote the code section you were charged under? Was it impeding traffic? If so it has to be more than a quick stall out at a light.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 07, 2007 01:04PM

I call bullshit!

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 07, 2007 01:19PM

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-818

1. Stop the vehicle of another for the sole purpose of impeding its progress on the highways, except in the case of an emergency or mechanical breakdown;

Any person violating any provision of this section shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, and in addition, his driver's license may be suspended by the court for a period of not more than one year. The court shall forward such license to the Department as provided by § 46.2-398.

Sounds like you had mechanical breakdown. Get a lawyer and have him/her subpoena the dashboard camera video. Act quickly.

Posted by: TownCrier ()
Date: July 07, 2007 01:40PM

I doubt this is the entire truth, or at least it's been tailored to benefit Karmen. If this even happened, I wouldn't doubt for a minute if Karmen had a smart mouth with the officer and escalated this supposed situation, thereby earning this ticket. Either that or it's completely made up in an attempt to generate more anger over the new laws.

Posted by: Price is a shithead ()
Date: July 07, 2007 02:31PM

You will need a lawyer. Ask that shithead Price (see: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/39382.html ) for the offices of the great Albo traffic lawyers.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 07, 2007 05:57PM

Karmen, your story rings of bullshit. The thing that stands out for me is "he proceeds to tell me I have to pay a 600 dollar fine for obstructing traffic". I've never had a cop tell me the fine I could expect for something. It's not his job to know that, just the law. Further, fines for reckless driving aren't even that high.

Take out the ticket and tell us the code section on it. That will be the ultimate tell - if you really got a ticket.

People have come on here and theorized more mundane shit than that for attention.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 07, 2007 07:33PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've never had a cop tell me the fine I
> could expect for something.

everytime i asked the base cost of the speeding ticket, they always say they dont know. i somehow find that hard to believe though. i mean, that's like a windows sysadmin saying he doesnt know if windows will need to reboot after doing a windows update.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: hang over ()
Date: July 07, 2007 09:31PM

Impeding traffic is for something like stopping in the road to carry on a conversation with another driver or some of the other lame reasons people in this area stop and just sit there. The other day I saw a guy stop on burke centre parkway, speed limit 40 mph, and read a map. I was waiting for the huge crash but luckily other drivers had room to swerve around him. the guy was totally oblivious to it.

Posted by: ya ()
Date: July 07, 2007 10:50PM

TownCrier Wrote:
> I doubt this is the entire truth, or at least it's
> been tailored to benefit Karmen. If this even
> happened, I wouldn't doubt for a minute if Karmen
> had a smart mouth with the officer and escalated
> this supposed situation, thereby earning this
> ticket. Either that or it's completely made up in
> an attempt to generate more anger over the new
> laws.

Wow you people are a bunch of morons or a bunch of cops. This kind of crap happens all the time in Fairfax, are you to busy being at your computer reading the news to relize this? Trying living out in the real world and mayeb you would relize shit like this DOES happen and cops arent always the good fucking guys just doing their jobs. They can be assholes just like this situation here.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: July 08, 2007 10:21AM

> Wow you people are a bunch of morons or a bunch of
> cops. This kind of crap happens all the time in
> Fairfax, are you to busy being at your computer
> reading the news to relize this? Trying living out
> in the real world and mayeb you would relize shit
> like this DOES happen and cops arent always the
> good fucking guys just doing their jobs. They can
> be assholes just like this situation here.

Fuckface, if you had bothered to read more than one thread, you'd realize this forum isn't very cop-friendly. But giving someone a ticket for stalling out is REALLY stretching it.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: July 08, 2007 01:38PM

Karmen Wrote:
> okay so i am practicing stick on my dads camaro I
> am doing fine, i get to a stop light on a slight
> curve and behind me is a cop, I am like whatever,
> anyways the light turns green and I didint put
> enough gas and let the clutch out a bit too early
> JUST as my car stalls out I see the cop turns his
> lights and sirens on, what the hell? He asks me to
> stay in my car, ask for License and registration
> and he proceeds to tell me I have to pay a 600
> dollar fine for obstructing traffic!? or some BS
> like that I try to explain to him but he said
> maybe I should be learning in a parking lot and he
> stood there waiting for me to drive out,
> thankfully i didint stall out this time and was on
> my way. I cant wait to tell my lawyer this, now I
> know why people hate cops. Christ...

Not that I am calling you a liar, but the story does have some flaws in it...

I won't go point-by-point however, you should know, a Judge determines a fine, not a Police Officer.

What were you cited for? The actual VA Code section? (It is written on your summons).

Date: July 08, 2007 02:05PM

46.2-833

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 08, 2007 02:25PM

trogdor! Wrote:
> http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+co
> d+46.2-818
>
> 1. Stop the vehicle of another for the sole
> purpose of impeding its progress on the highways,
> except in the case of an emergency or mechanical
> breakdown;
>
> Any person violating any provision of this section
> shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor, and in
> addition, his driver's license may be suspended by
> the court for a period of not more than one year.
> The court shall forward such license to the
> Department as provided by § 46.2-398.
>

What about when playing Honk For Cash on the Don and Mike Show?

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: July 08, 2007 02:29PM

Karmen Wrote:
> 46.2-833

You were written for an offense relating to "Traffic Signals," not stalling out...

Also, note the max fine as publised in the VA Code: No more than $350

So, did you run a light, or??? There has to be more to this story...

§ 46.2-833. Traffic lights; penalty.

A. Signals by traffic lights shall be as follows:

Steady red indicates that moving traffic shall stop and remain stopped as long as the red signal is shown, except in the direction indicated by a lighted green arrow.

Green indicates the traffic shall move in the direction of the signal and remain in motion as long as the green signal is given, except that such traffic shall yield to other vehicles and pedestrians lawfully within the intersection.

Steady amber indicates that a change is about to be made in the direction of the moving of traffic. When the amber signal is shown, traffic which has not already entered the intersection, including the crosswalks, shall stop if it is not reasonably safe to continue, but traffic which has already entered the intersection shall continue to move until the intersection has been cleared. The amber signal is a warning that the steady red signal is imminent.

Flashing red indicates that traffic shall stop before entering an intersection.

Flashing amber indicates that traffic may proceed through the intersection or past such signal with reasonable care under the circumstances.

B. If the traffic lights controlling an intersection are out of service because of a power failure or other event that prevents the giving of signals by the traffic lights, the drivers of vehicles approaching such an intersection shall proceed as though such intersection were controlled by a stop sign on all approaches. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to: intersections controlled by portable stop signs, intersections with law-enforcement officers or other authorized persons directing traffic, or intersections controlled by traffic lights displaying flashing red or flashing amber lights as provided in subsection A.

C. The driver of any motor vehicle may be detained or arrested for a violation of this section if the detaining law-enforcement officer is in uniform, displays his badge of authority, and (i) has observed the violation or (ii) has received a message by radio or other wireless telecommunication device from another law-enforcement officer who observed the violation. In the case of a person being detained or arrested based on a radio message, the message shall be sent immediately after the violation is observed, and the observing officer shall furnish the license number or other positive identification of the vehicle to the detaining officer.

Violation of any provision of this section shall constitute a traffic infraction punishable by a fine of no more than $350.

(Code 1950, § 46-203; 1952, c. 671; 1954, c. 381; 1958, c. 541, § 46.1-184; 1964, c. 613; 1966, c. 607; 1970, cc. 515, 736; 1972, cc. 4, 234, 454; 1974, c. 347; 1976, cc. 30, 31; 1977, c. 9; 1978, c. 300; 1981, c. 163; 1989, c. 727; 2000, c. 834; 2004, cc. 252, 743; 2006, c. 928.)

Posted by: TownCrier ()
Date: July 08, 2007 02:31PM

Karmen Wrote:
> 46.2-833

That's the code section for failing to obey a traffic signal, which may apply here. It's only an infraction, not reckless. I'm still not sure about your story Karmen. I still think you are leaving something out.

Date: July 08, 2007 03:14PM

Right....like thinking that a Cop just isnt a dick never crosses any of you retard's minds.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 08, 2007 08:44PM

"Violation of any provision of this section shall constitute a traffic infraction punishable by a fine of no more than $350. "

So, 600 dollar ticket, huh?

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 09, 2007 09:30AM

If I was an asshole cop trying to scare every driver in the county - and I pulled somebody over for something that small.. I too would probably make up some randomly large number and tell them they had to pay it...

Posted by: Good Speller ()
Date: July 09, 2007 03:57PM

The cop is right. Use a parking lot to learn how to drive a stick.

Posted by: stinkypoon ()
Date: July 09, 2007 04:11PM

I would have written a ticket for driving such a shitty redneck gas-guzzler.

Posted by: stinkypooneatsdicks ()
Date: July 09, 2007 07:42PM

shitty redneck gas-guzzler ? I bet you drive a prius, civic or some other four banger rice mobile ? There is no replacement for displacement you can take your twin turbo fart canned four banging rice rocket and shove it up your ass. I prefer cars with real motors that dont require forced induction to be fast. Don't preach about gas guzzlers when most Americans these days spend so much on things like $5 drinks every day at starbucks. If someone enjoys driving a fun car like the Camaro theres nothing wrong with that.

Now hes going to come back with something like "well I drive a WRX..." or some other piece of shit. GOOD FOR YOU DONT BASH OTHERS TASTE. Drive what you enjoy you have no place judging what others drive.

Posted by: LTCG ()
Date: July 09, 2007 09:35PM

Yee haw, and I bet that Camaro done did 200 on the beltway too! GIT R DONE!!! Go JOOONIOR!!!

Posted by: LTCGEATSDICKS ()
Date: July 09, 2007 11:03PM

Real cute response pig fucker.

Posted by: like2eat@the Y ()
Date: July 10, 2007 08:27AM

LTCG Wrote:
> Yee haw, and I bet that Camaro done did 200 on the
> beltway too! GIT R DONE!!! Go JOOONIOR!!!

Do everyone a favor and pull a Benoit.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: July 10, 2007 10:47AM

You know, posts like the 4 above this one and YA'S are why this DISCUSSION forum does not progress.

The moment someone posts a new topic, they are ridiculed. I understand that Cary et al cannot monitor every post, and that is why I feel that loyal participants such as:

Reston Piece
Lurker
SRE
keep on truckin
radiophile
The Meeper
inkahootz
Gravis
ferfux

maintain their level of integrity in their postings. Those folks add legitimacy to this forum!

Date: July 10, 2007 11:14AM

Damn, I guess that makes me the Speaker of the House since I am the first on the list.

Date: July 10, 2007 11:15AM

sweet, congrats!

Date: July 10, 2007 11:19AM

I promise, as your Speasker of the House, to obey traffic lights at ALL times.

"GINGRICH ","NEWTON ","L","060"," 7410","WINDY HILL ","CT","MCLEAN ","VA","12/08/2003","DISREGARD TRAFFIC LIGHTS

(any excuse to post newt's ticket is good enough for me)

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 10, 2007 11:24AM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> Damn, I guess that makes me the Speaker of the
> House since I am the first on the list.

Quite turnaround from this:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/34796/34803.html#msg-34803

Date: July 10, 2007 11:30AM

pgens Wrote:
>
> Quite turnaround from this:
>
> http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/34
> 796/34803.html#msg-34803

Yeah - he was angry with me but that's ok. That is what makes these forums so interesting...

Now watch - he'll tell me this is off topic...so see ya!

Date: July 10, 2007 11:31AM

pgens, I have so many detractors on this board, I frequently lose track of them.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: July 10, 2007 11:33AM

Programs..... Programs...... Get Y'er programs.....

You can't know the players without Y'er program.....

:-)

Date: July 10, 2007 11:34AM

btw, pgens, it's a little disturbing that you go around cataloging the various disputes on this board so that you can point to them long after people have left the threads behind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2007 11:35AM by RESton Peace.

Date: July 10, 2007 11:43AM

whats it take to get a hotdog up in hurr

Date: July 10, 2007 12:37PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> btw, pgens, it's a little disturbing that you go
> around cataloging the various disputes on this
> board so that you can point to them long after
> people have left the threads behind.

This board is his life just like its yours. You just relized he's a freak with no life? This only confirms how much of a loser he is....

Date: July 10, 2007 01:46PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
> btw, pgens, it's a little disturbing that you go
> around cataloging the various disputes on this
> board so that you can point to them long after
> people have left the threads behind.

LOL. The original intent was to make a point to Tia2 that on his first thread posting I gave intelligent answers and then I was going to post a goofy hurt feelings note. However while searching on Tia's posts I ran across the criticism of RESton (who topped the list of useful poster), and I thought it would be more interesting to post that. So rest assured there is no catalog.

Date: July 10, 2007 02:24PM

pgens Wrote:

> LOL. The original intent was to make a point to
> Tia2 that on his first thread posting I gave
> intelligent answers and then I was going to post a
> goofy hurt feelings note. However while searching
> on Tia's posts I ran across the criticism of
> RESton (who topped the list of useful poster), and
> I thought it would be more interesting to post
> that. So rest assured there is no catalog.

SORRY pgens - I did not intentionally leave you off the list..I just posted a short list of posters that came to mind at the time I was typing. BTW - the list was not in any order ..... it was just a way of recognizing the folks that have actually given me a POINT OF VIEW to consider, provided knowledge in some way, or just made me smile......

Date: July 10, 2007 02:37PM

Believe me, no hurt feelings here :)

l
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: July 10, 2007 04:59PM

l.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 12:45PM by inkahootz.

Date: July 10, 2007 08:07PM

hey inkadouche. First you are sorrily wrong. Second,
Attachments:
thumb_monopoly-jail.gif

Posted by: lord fairfax ()
Date: July 10, 2007 08:53PM

ahahha this thread pleases me... does anyone even remember the original topic

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.