HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tornado WARNING for fairfax county
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 04, 2007 05:43PM

Tornado warning for fairfax just issued less then 5 mins ago 5:35 or so, meaning a REAL tornado could happen, esp. around CHANTILLY and FAIRFAX CITY. watch out Cary, they zoomed in on brookfield neighborhood, rocky run MS and Westfield HS, then to fairfax city where all the people are right now. the national mall is gonna get it later. like 6:45

Walney rd, chantilly, the airport, rt 50 all gonna get hit hard with rain, thunder and maybe a tornado. The last real tornado must have been liek 10 years ago when VA run got hit.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2007 05:45PM by KeepOnTruckin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tornado WARNING for fairfax county
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 05, 2007 04:05PM

air cow!

well... no tornado... damn.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: July 05, 2007 05:23PM

I was in the Poplar Tree neighborhood of Chantilly at the time and took some footage of heavy rotation in the clouds.

Still nothing that looked like a full blown funnel cloud.

If the footage is any good I'll upload it to this thread after work.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 05, 2007 06:21PM

It happened back in 1996. I lived in C-ville back then, and I drove home from work in the middle of that whole thing. It was the worst storm I've ever seen, and I've seen some terrible ones out in plains states. It rained so hard that everyone on FFX County Parkway had to pull over, you could barely see more than 10 feet in front of you. I didn't see a funnel cloud, but when I got to Centreville, trees were down and shit was blown all over the place. It must have been in late June, because I remember a fireworks stand was completely torn apart and laying all over the parking lot.

Post that video!

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: July 05, 2007 07:07PM

One day I am going to record Doug Hills forecast and play it back to him. He said it was only a very slight chance of any rain July 4th and that we had nothing to worry about.

A couple of weeks back on the late news he said the daytime temp the next day would be in low 70's. That next day it almost hit 100.

Posted by: ya ()
Date: July 05, 2007 10:59PM

KeepOnTrucking you fucking idiot there was no torando. Even a tornado warning around here doesnt produce any tornados. Its always fale

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: July 06, 2007 01:17PM

If only a tornado had touched down and taken out Chantilly, C-ville and what the fuck, Fairfax for good measure.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.