HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hit and Run - Poplar Tree and Stringfellow 8/5
Posted by: Haley ()
Date: August 16, 2010 04:41PM

My car was involved in a hit and run accident on August 5th at the Poplar Tree/Stringfellow intersection. The SUV was a dark (I think green) Explorer. The SUV had a substantial amount of front end damage. The plate that I got was KXK8399, it is possible that the numbers and/or letters are slightly different. The police came to the scene and are currently still working on the case. If anyone knows of any information about the driver of the SUV please reply.

I will provide a reward (amount of my insurance deductable) if someone can provide legitimate information that result in him being found. Thank you
you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hit and Run - Poplar Tree and Stringfellow 8/5
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 16, 2010 04:49PM

How much is the insurance deductible? 50? 500? 1000?

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 16, 2010 04:54PM

it wasnt me!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: August 16, 2010 05:21PM

It was Gravis.

money?

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 16, 2010 05:25PM

Eleven days after the event you are asking for reliable information from any witnesses?

Date: August 16, 2010 06:03PM

No, I am not asking for witnesses 11 days after the accident. I am seeing if anyone knows any information about a SUV that fits that description. Obviously, the chances are slim, but I thought I would try.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 16, 2010 06:06PM

Haley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, I am not asking for witnesses 11 days after
> the accident. I am seeing if anyone knows any
> information about a SUV that fits that
> description. Obviously, the chances are slim, but
> I thought I would try.

Sooooo.....you said the reward was the amount of your deductible. That means a lot of things. How much is your deductible?

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: sherlock holmes ()
Date: August 16, 2010 06:17PM

How about more info-

Fill out questionare

1. Type of vehicle or best description of what make/model it could be?

2. Color of Suv and any type of characteristics of the vehicle that would stand out?

3. What part of their vehicle hit you? So we can be on the look out for front, rear or side damage to the person vehicle who hit you?

4. Male, female, white, black,asian, young or old of the person who hit you

5. What time of day were you hit and what direction did the car travel towards after the Hit and run? If it was in the evening they could have been headed back home from work. And could be traveling in the direction of their home. if they were headed south bound they could live in the fairfax or centreville area.

6. Any more information you can provide to us so fairfax underground can complete a detailed and extensive investgation into the hit and run. Anything at all even if you dont thin it matters

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 16, 2010 07:20PM

The poster answered #1, #2, #3

Date: August 16, 2010 07:43PM

1. Type of vehicle or best description of what make/model it could be?

Old (1995-2000 I think) ford explorer, or another similar looking SUV. It happened at night and so fast it was hard to get all the info down.

2. Color of Suv and any type of characteristics of the vehicle that would stand out?

Dark colored, I believe green. Nothing that would make it stand out prior to the accident. After the accident the whole front end was damaged. His car looked worse than mine and my car needs $4800 worth of work.

3. What part of their vehicle hit you? So we can be on the look out for front, rear or side damage to the person vehicle who hit you?

Front part of vehicle.

4. Male, female, white, black,asian, young or old of the person who hit you

Young male. 21-25 years old. Skinny and tall -- I followed him after he hit me into Greenbriar neighborhood. He was unaware I was following him and left again when I went to confront him. I would recognize him if i saw him again. He looked like he was under the influence of something and there was another passenger in the car who I did not get a look at.

5. What time of day were you hit and what direction did the car travel towards after the Hit and run? If it was in the evening they could have been headed back home from work. And could be traveling in the direction of their home. if they were headed south bound they could live in the fairfax or centreville area.

It was around ten at night. He was heading towards rt. 50 when I pulled up to the light at that intersection. I was in the turn lane at the intersection coming from the fair oaks area and heading toward Centreville. He then put his car in reverse to move out of the lane heading toward 50 to get into the turn lane and then rammed into the back of my car. I then got out of my car, he proceeded to almost run me over, and head into the neighborhood. When I followed him into the neighborhood he headed out of the neighborhood towards rt. 50.

6. Any more information you can provide to us so fairfax underground can complete a detailed and extensive investgation into the hit and run. Anything at all even if you dont thin it matters

Posted by: S H ()
Date: August 16, 2010 08:15PM

More than likely he lives in the area. If the front of his car ws bashed in he more than likely lives in or around greenbrier area because his radiator would have cracked and that would not have given him much time on the road before the engine seizes. The cops would have picked him up if he had to call a tow truck or was stranded on the side of the road. I would drive around the area and look for any vehicles that resemble a suv under a car cover or large tarp. If he was not from the area he would have gotten lost in greenbrier giving enough time for the police to show up so he obviously knew the area quite well.

Date: August 16, 2010 10:50PM

you've done it again Holmes!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 10:50PM by Gravis.

Posted by: S H ()
Date: August 16, 2010 10:53PM

You know my methods, Watson.

Date: August 17, 2010 08:24AM

Yeah, I figured he lived in the area. I did look, did not come up with anything though. The police have not been able to find him either.

Posted by: Oopa ()
Date: August 17, 2010 08:34AM

All that cocaine Sherlock Holmes takes makes him such a great detective.

"Front end damage" Why didn't I think of that???

Posted by: gh ()
Date: August 17, 2010 09:22AM

that really sucks

Posted by: crash ()
Date: August 17, 2010 09:38AM

I bet the police are still working on finding him if you have given them the tag.

Posted by: Kim ()
Date: August 17, 2010 12:03PM

how much??

Posted by: alexis ()
Date: August 17, 2010 03:47PM

Make a flyer for the local body shops

Date: August 18, 2010 10:32PM

alexis Wrote:
> Make a flyer for the local body shops

that's the best idea i've read in this thread. though i would suggest sending it out to several.

Posted by: haley ()
Date: August 20, 2010 09:31AM

I have already done that, hope it works

Posted by: will check tonight ()
Date: August 20, 2010 04:21PM

I noticed a dark colored SUV (I thought it was a 4runner) that had substantial front end damage parked in a driveway in an adjacent neighborhood near my house. I live in Centreville and drive by the house everyday on my way home. I never noticed the car there before but noticed it last week because of how damaged it was, it looked undriveable. I will double check tonight on the color and make.

Posted by: ok i checked ()
Date: August 20, 2010 09:07PM

The car is still there in the driveway, in horrible shape. It is a dark green 4runner...looks to be about 10 years old. The car is dark green with silver accents.

Posted by: now what? ()
Date: August 21, 2010 08:26AM

Well, now what? If the original poster doesn't check in, what are you going to do?

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 21, 2010 09:21AM

They just released the video from the gas station security cam.
Amazingly it captured the accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzXg66hSGv8

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: call it in ()
Date: August 21, 2010 02:46PM

ok i checked Wrote:
> The car is still there in the driveway, in
> horrible shape. It is a dark green 4runner...looks
> to be about 10 years old. The car is dark green
> with silver accents.

Call the police non-emergency number and tell them you had seen this tread about the hit and run and give them the info on the truck and the location of it. There is nothing more than I hate than some dip shit destroying peoples stuff and taking off like a punk.

Posted by: ok i checked ()
Date: August 21, 2010 04:42PM

I am waiting for the original poster to reply. If they think it could have been a 4runner since they did say explorer. The tag number is not even close to what she thought the tag would be. I guess they could have switched the plates.....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.