HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jews for Jesus invade Fairfax
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 02, 2007 09:37PM

Anybody else encounter these fuckers lately? They've been hanging out in front of the West Falls Church and Rosslyn stations over the past 2 weeks, handing out real amateurish flyers. They say real funny shit like "Being born into a Christian home doesn't make you a christian any more than being born in a bakery makes you a BAGEL." Today I took a flyer from the one guy and I goofily asked him if he wanted some cigarettes. He declined my offer but told me that Jesus loved me and said something about some church in Chantilly.

I've seen a lot of whackos around here over the years, but these guys seem new. They're all young, and some of their chicks are kinda hot. Is this some kind of new cult around here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jews for Jesus invade Fairfax
Date: July 02, 2007 09:38PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2007 09:38PM by TheMeeper.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 02, 2007 09:38PM

Anybody else encounter these fuckers lately? They've been hanging out in front of the West Falls Church and Rosslyn stations over the past 2 weeks, handing out real amateurish flyers. They say real funny shit like "Being born into a Christian home doesn't make you a christian any more than being born in a bakery makes you a BAGEL." Today I took a flyer from the one guy and I goofily asked him if he wanted some cigarettes. He declined my offer but told me that Jesus loved me and said something about some church in Chantilly.

I've seen a lot of whackos around here over the years, but these guys seem new. They're all young, and some of their chicks are kinda hot. Is this some kind of new cult around here?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 02, 2007 10:09PM

My wife was given a cheap flier from one of them at the Merrifield Metro. The tri-folded flier said something like "Don't take fliers from religious fanatics. I started to read it and immediately noticed it was from Jews for Jesus.

I thought Wow, next we will see Jews for Jesus Speed Dating, Mitzvahs, J4J Schools, maybe they all could re-locate to an under-utilized section of Brooklyn.

Then I had a few questions...

If the mother of a child is J4J, is the child J4J?

Do they get Mitzvahed, confirmed or both? Does that mean I have to buy the kid 2 gifts?

Do their skull caps have a cross on them?

Would they be granted Israeli citizenship if they wanted it?

Do their mothers get together with other J4J mothers and arrange dates for their children?

Is Yiddish ever spoken?

Does J4J allow marrying outside their religion? Marrying just about anyone would be considered marrying outside their faith.

Would (could) they become Catholic, or is the thought of a Pope just to bizarre for them?

Anyone know the answers to these questions, please let me know.

Date: July 02, 2007 10:19PM

lol

Would they be granted Israeli citizenship if they wanted it?

They definitely aren't welcome in Israel, I actually looked that up. It's considered a cult over there. Go figure.

Posted by: . ()
Date: July 03, 2007 12:32AM

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 03, 2007 09:06AM

When those groups try to hand me flyers I always put my hands up and say "No No No, I'm trying to quit." LOL

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: July 03, 2007 09:25AM

Posted by: TRICKIE ()
Date: July 03, 2007 11:29AM

When I taught middle school, I had the kids all enter this scary story contest sponsored by the Fairfax Journal. One mother who was a Jew For Jesus idiot came in complaining to me. She said her son would not participate because they did not believe in celebrating Halloween. They are not really Jews at all. They are actually born again Christians who dome some of the jew stuff but really don't believe in that. Most of them are total wackos. Plus her kid not only took the day off for Christian holidays but was also absent for the Jewish holidays. They are also into proselityzing and want everybody to be a Jew for jesus. Totally ridiculous cultish, religion.

trickie

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 03, 2007 12:22PM

if there isnt a spaceship hiding behind a comet that is going to pick me up, forget it!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ya ()
Date: July 03, 2007 12:22PM

Anybody else encounter these fuckers lately? REstonPeace and Gravis are the leaders. They've been hanging out in front of the West Falls Church and Rosslyn stations over the past 2 weeks, handing out real amateurish flyers. They say real funny shit like "Being born into a Christian home doesn't make you a christian any more than being born in a bakery makes you a BAGEL." Today I took a flyer from the one guy and I goofily asked him if he wanted some cigarettes. He declined my offer but told me that Jesus loved me and said something about some church in Chantilly.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 03, 2007 04:43PM

I'm thinking of starting my own group, "Atheists for God"

Posted by: hang over ()
Date: July 03, 2007 05:21PM

You wouldnt join just for the chicks would you? LOL Like that never happened before.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: July 03, 2007 05:58PM

Actually, "Jews for Jesus" makes a hell of a lot more sense than the concept of "Christians." Jesus was the King of the Jews, not Christians. There is no mention of Christianity in the Bible. And the 12 Apostles actually had some real problems with Paul recruiting non-Jews as followers of Jesus.

Not to bash Christians. I'm just sayin'...

Date: July 03, 2007 06:43PM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Actually, "Jews for Jesus" makes a hell of a lot
> more sense than the concept of "Christians." Jesus
> was the King of the Jews, not Christians. There is
> no mention of Christianity in the Bible. And the
> 12 Apostles actually had some real problems with
> Paul recruiting non-Jews as followers of Jesus.
>
> Not to bash Christians. I'm just sayin'...

And Gravis is the (self appointed) King of Fairfax County. It is a nice title, but what does it really get you?

Posted by: Shabbat Goy ()
Date: July 03, 2007 06:54PM

Oy Vey, and Jesus H Christ!

The only legitimate splinter Jewish sect I am aware of is Brigham Young Jews.

You say there were hot Jews for Jesus chicks? Think about it, these chicks were raised Jewish by Jewish Mothers, and now are living as a reborn Christian. This means they only put out occassionaly for wealthly doctors (Plastic surgeons if they are lucky) who go to Pakistan and try and convert the natives to Christianity. Also, forplay is for wedding aniversaries only.

You probably don't have a chance with them, even if you do promise to be their

Are Jews for Jesus allowed to join Jdate? Can they go to the Mazta Ball on Christmas Eve? I am still confused; can a Jew for Jesus be his own Shabbat Goy?

Date: July 03, 2007 06:57PM

Shabbat Goy Wrote:
> Oy Vey, and Jesus H Christ!
>
> The only legitimate splinter Jewish sect I am
> aware of is Brigham Young Jews.

BY JEWS??? That is where you will find the chicks!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 03, 2007 06:58PM

Radiophile Wrote:
> And Gravis is the (self appointed) King of Fairfax
> County. It is a nice title, but what does it
> really get you?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! the right title can make or break a movie/tv show/book/product/whatever. the show Survivor had an ingenious title. the previous job titles you put on your resume also make a big difference as to whether you get a new job or not.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: agreed ()
Date: July 04, 2007 02:31PM

I actually agree with Gravis for once:)

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: July 05, 2007 10:09AM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
> Actually, "Jews for Jesus" makes a hell of a lot
> more sense than the concept of "Christians." Jesus
> was the King of the Jews, not Christians. There is
> no mention of Christianity in the Bible. And the
> 12 Apostles actually had some real problems with
> Paul recruiting non-Jews as followers of Jesus.
>
> Not to bash Christians. I'm just sayin'...

Jesus was proclaimed King of the Jews, but the Jews denied him. They chose Barabas to be released from prision, and left Jesus to die by crusification after beating him to near death. As a result of those choices, Jews DECIDED NOT TO BELIEVE that Jesus was the son of God as they could not and did not want to deal with GUILT!

Not to bash Jews. I'm just sayin'.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2007 10:09AM by Tia2.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.