HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Advertising Sign Defacement
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 01, 2007 12:53PM

Driving along the past few days, I have noticed that all the signs for single people dating services, karate lessons, music instruction, close out rug sales etc are being vandalized.

While the message itself, i.e.Music lessons in your home; remains intact, someone is spray painting over the telephone number and or web address making the advertisements useless to the advertiser.

As we all know, signage in FFX county is out of control. They make the area look junky and what pisses me off is the signs are quick to pop up and almost never removed.

Thank you to the vigilante that is screwing with the sign posters. We need more people like you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Advertising Sign Defacement
Posted by: hang over ()
Date: July 01, 2007 01:40PM

I saw the guy cutting grass on the median strip on Fairfax Parkway last week. He mowed down all the signs. I would have thought the wire holding the signs up would screw up the blades on the mower but I guess not. Most of the signs were political in nature.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 01, 2007 01:57PM

yeah, i saw a tractor mow down a bunch of signs last week. VDOT was acutally mowing.

Posted by: El Mono Rojo ()
Date: July 01, 2007 02:12PM

http://www.elmonorojo.com/

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 04:03PM by El Mono Rojo.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 01, 2007 02:35PM

I saw a County dump truck pull into the median and three guys got out. The guys grabbed all of the signs and chucked them into the back of the truck. I hope they keep track of the phone numbers and fine the people. Those sign are an eye sore and illegal!

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: July 01, 2007 03:03PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those are an eye sore and
> illegal!

Were the people collecting the signs illegal?

[LOL ROFL]

Posted by: john.galt ()
Date: July 24, 2007 02:24AM

businesses putting up signs are just trying to make a buck. the man keeps mass advertising prices so high the little guy can't get a fair shake.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.