HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Former Virginia Teacher Who Was Acquitted by a Jury of Alleged Sex Crime Has Agreed to Resolve Remaining Charge
Posted by: innocentjoe ()
Date: September 26, 2022 10:31AM

September 23, 2022: Today, the Fairfax (Virginia) Circuit Court accepted an agreement between Matthew Snell and the Commonwealth of Virginia under which the court deferred a finding of guilt for a period of two years. (Case number FE-2021-97.) During the two-year period, Mr. Snell cannot violate any criminal laws and cannot have contact with the complaining witness or the complaining witness’s family. Upon fulfillment of those terms, Mr. Snell’s charge will be reduced to a non-sex-related misdemeanor with no active jail time, and Mr. Snell will not be required to register as a sex offender.

Mr. Snell said: “Today rights a wrong that started 1078 days ago. Just like my not-guilty verdict from February 2022, today’s deal speaks clearly about the facade of justice and quality of evidence that Commonwealth’s Attorney Steve Descano’s office and the Fairfax County Police Department used to keep me locked in a cage for 963 of those days. While I bear no animosity, something needs to change. This does not seem like it should happen in the country that I deployed to protect. Again, thanks to my attorney, Damon D. Colbert, who fought for my rights when the Fairfax County Police Department and Steve Descano’s office could not be bothered.”

https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/592512388/former-virginia-teacher-who-was-acquitted-by-a-jury-of-alleged-sex-crime-has-agreed-to-resolve-remaining-charge

It should also be noted, that Yousef Azimi, the principal arrested in this case for failing to report, had his case completely dismissed in the Fairfax County Circuit Court.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former Virginia Teacher Who Was Acquitted by a Jury of Alleged Sex Crime Has Agreed to Resolve Remaining Charge
Posted by: demomom ()
Date: September 26, 2022 10:50AM

This is crazy. Sounds like there should be a lawsuit.

Re: Former Virginia Teacher Who Was Acquitted by a Jury of Alleged Sex Crime Has Agreed to Resolve Remaining Charge
Posted by: observer of the shit ()
Date: September 26, 2022 11:35AM

There's no way Descano himself knew about this case. Steve would release any kid toucher immediately and move to have the charges dropped. Something doesn't add up here. Maybe the defendant is a republican?

Posted by: viennapregomom ()
Date: September 28, 2022 03:28PM

Someone should be held accountable for this. It seems like a lot of mistakes was made and this case was not investigated properly. I am wondering what the repercussions will be for this. As a taxpayer, I am upset that my money went to keeping an innocent man and a much-needed teacher in jail.

Posted by: not really ()
Date: September 28, 2022 03:45PM

viennapregomom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Someone should be held accountable for this. It
> seems like a lot of mistakes was made and this
> case was not investigated properly. I am wondering
> what the repercussions will be for this. As a
> taxpayer, I am upset that my money went to keeping
> an innocent man and a much-needed teacher in jail.

You people voted for democrats, not accountability. Try again next time.

Posted by: just curious ()
Date: September 28, 2022 05:39PM

Why did Snell flee to El Paso the day after the texts between him and the teen were discovered? Think that had anything to do with his pre-trial custody decision?

Posted by: rugbychic ()
Date: October 14, 2022 01:18PM

Snell is not from the area and has immediate family in El Paso, Texas. The police issued a warrant for his arrest after he boarded the plane. Looks like the police tried him in the media and that the kid was lying. Poor guy.

Posted by: some truth some lies ()
Date: October 15, 2022 06:57AM

Sounds like Snell brought most of his troubles on himself.

Posted by: demomom ()
Date: October 19, 2022 09:47AM

It sounds like some spoiled kid in Fairfax accused an innocent man. I wish I could say I was shocked, but some kids in that area are incredibly entitled and spoiled.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.