HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Curfew restiction in FFX?
Posted by: Jester ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:11PM

So I was glancing at the arrest reports on under the DWI stop results it had -

Two traffic summonses were issued for no operator’s license and one for violation of curfew restriction.

Curfew restriction?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Curfew restiction in FFX?
Posted by: Lester Burnham ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:44PM

From the Virginia DMV website...

Curfew Restrictions

Virginia's curfew laws prohibit a driver under age 18 who holds a learner's permit or driver's license from driving midnight to 4 A.M. If you hold a driver's license you may drive during these hours:

* in case of an emergency;
* when traveling to and from work or a school-sponsored event;
* when accompanied by a parent or other adult acting in place of a parent;
* when responding to an emergency call as a volunteer firefighter or rescue squad personnel.

DWI under 18 (21?) is a very bad thing, not so sure about curfew violation.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 26, 2007 02:13PM

report: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/reports2007/062507ckptafteractionsully.htm
  • 500+ people were stopped
  • "One arrest was made for DWI."
  • Eight officers and four auxiliary police officers participated in the checkpoint.
waste of funds. it's just fucking PR bullshit. i love MADD's "between 12 and 6 AM, one in three drivers is intoxicated" wow, what a flat out fucking bullshit lie. everyone in MADD needs to have their head bashed in.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: tarp ()
Date: June 26, 2007 04:49PM

When you get stopped at a DUI checkpoint, make sure to plainly assert that it is unconstitutional. Do not roll your window down more than half an inch, do not allow the officer to put his breathalyzer flashlight into your vehicle against your wishes, and do not answer any questions about whether you had something to drink or where you are coming from. This is the land of the free. You do not have to consent to a search or your car or your person without a warrant. You can refuse sobriety tests in which case they can demand a breathalyzer. If you deny the breathalyzer, your license will automatically be suspended for 30 days due to the fact that Virginia has given in to the ridiculous demands on neo-prohibitionist organizations (namely: MADD). Either way, do not blindly comply - these officers are breaking the law by setting up roadblocks.

Posted by: tarp ()
Date: June 26, 2007 04:50PM

One more note: DO provide identification because you are legally obliged to provide identification if requested while operating a motor vehicle. You do not have to provide identification if you are a passenger, but it's a grey area so you can gauge the situation on your own. I would just say that I do not carry any.

IANAL, and this is NOT legal advice.

Re: Curfew restriction in FFX?
Posted by: dirtyharry ()
Date: June 26, 2007 07:34PM

I agree 100% BUT unfortunately the Supreme court has upheld the use of sobriety check points. They were all drunk when they voted.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: June 26, 2007 11:07PM

You don't have to take a field sobriety test either, the only test they use to convict you is from a huge breathalyzer they have in the station, the field sobriety tests are just to give them more reason to take you to the real breathalyzer .

Posted by: Jickler ()
Date: August 05, 2007 07:37PM

I was stopped in Arlington once when I was 17, dodged tons of violations, got a lot of stuff confiscated and would have gotten REALLY boned if she didn't forget(?) to open the glove compartment after asking me where the key was.

Anyways, I walked away with a curfew violation, went off to college out of state and never showed up to court. I got a call a month later from the court, and was asked to write an essay in return for dismissing the charges.

So, it was a joke, at least for me. But it is a misdemeanor, not just a traffic violation. I assume it's that way so that they can put real license restrictions on actual criminals instead of minors, but that's just speculation.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.