HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What is a psychiatric service dog?
Posted by: Amandanda ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:41AM

What is a psychiatric service dog?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is a psychiatric service dog?
Posted by: Slappy ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:46AM

Lemme axe you a kechin? What am 3+5?

Posted by: Paul Tate ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:55AM

It’s a dog that is trained to be very in tune with the needs of a mentally ill person that make have seizures or can be trained to alert the authorities or 911 if there are any medical issues. The dog is for companionship and to bring comfort in times that are unbearable. It gives the person a sense of being responsible for caring for a pet. They can become your best friend.

Posted by: AnnHide ()
Date: May 12, 2022 07:56AM

Dogs and other animals have been helping people with psychical disabilities and providing emotional and mental support for centuries with the first therapeutic use in the ninth century.

Nowadays, assistance dogs are trained to perform the task to mitigate a range of physical, psychiatric, and intellectual disabilities (owners). You can learn more here: https://myserviceanimal.org/products/psychiatric-service-dog-id/

Generally, they treat conditions such as schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, or Bipolar disorder.

Posted by: in most cases ()
Date: May 12, 2022 08:32AM

It's controversial because many have skepticism about the practicality of such service dogs. Critics will argue that almost everyone is soothed by the presence of pets and some people who claim the need for a service animal just want to bring their dog into traditionally forbidden locations. Proponents swear by the companionship and calming quality. I think some of these retards actually fuck the dogs.

Posted by: Laboradora ()
Date: May 12, 2022 10:27AM

Dogs are awesome. Say hi, to a dog today. You'll feel better.

Posted by: beagles and lox ()
Date: May 12, 2022 03:47PM

and gently pat him on the head and say "good boy!"

Posted by: It’s a service dog ()
Date: May 12, 2022 04:45PM

with rice and soy sauce
Attachments:
76F3D833-2CEE-4E59-951C-1D8C7E763E24.jpeg

Posted by: CarolMartin ()
Date: June 24, 2022 04:08AM

It’s a dog that helps you manage your mental health problems and improve your life quality. I used to have anxiety, and I decided to see a psychologist. After several sessions, I started feeling much better, but not for a long time, and my anxiety was back. And you know I thought that I had never seen a sad man with a dog. All the people who have pets just look so happy. So, I found out about the organization of animal mental support, where they have specially trained dogs who took care of me until my anxiety finally disappeared. So, that's the way it works. I've heard that cats reduce anxiety and stress too. Tbh, just a regular walk in the forest nearby can reduce your level of stress

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2022 06:47AM by CarolMartin.

Posted by: Mary Lind*ert from IRS ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:41PM

Fuck you ugly old piece of shit.

Posted by: LSD Dog ()
Date: June 26, 2022 09:53PM

Posted by: Karter Hones ()
Date: July 06, 2022 11:39PM

These dogs can help their owners like home remodeling perform tasks that they otherwise might not be able to do or help them to live a more independent lifestyle.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.