HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can I donate a lawn mower to charity?
Posted by: Rambunctious ()
Date: July 28, 2010 11:31PM

Self-propelled model that works well. Does Salvation Army or some local churches accept them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can I donate a lawn mower to charity?
Posted by: aunt flabbie ()
Date: July 29, 2010 05:30AM

probably not cause of the gasoline even if its bone dry

insurance won't allow them to sell it

but heck you might try Unique in merrifield they seem to sell everything from used underpants to snot rags

i might have seen a lawn mower in there in rcent months

Posted by: Peter Venkman ()
Date: July 29, 2010 05:51AM

If you can't donate it, put it on Craigslist and earn yourself some pocket money.

Posted by: One-Way ()
Date: July 29, 2010 06:18AM

What did you do with the spic that came with it? Nobody's going to want it if it doesn't have all of its original parts.

Posted by: Verity ()
Date: July 30, 2010 03:09PM

Unique was going to be first suggestion. I'd rather buy a used lawnmower than a used mattress any day.

Drop it off at Unique with other items (like clothes). Half of the time that I leave donations there, the warehouse worker isn't around. Drop it and leave. Don't ask if it is acceptable. Get a receipt and go. Let them toss it if they do not want it.

Also, I am being serious here - you could put your lawnmower out the day before trash day with a big sign "FREE" and if you live anywhere near a heavily-trafficked road, it will be gone! I know for a fact that there are packs of Vienna citizens who drive around dumpster diving weekly and are looking for such freebies. I have a mom friend who has gotten ridden of several car seats, vacuums and even a picnic table this way.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.