HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nintendo
Posted by: Local Gamer ()
Date: June 20, 2007 10:53AM

i am wondering where I can find some original NES (8bit) video games ? I know funcoland and starland use to carry them but I cannot find those stores anymore. Any help? thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nintendo
Posted by: MBF ()
Date: June 20, 2007 10:57AM

Those stores don't bother selling older games like those for NES anymore. Your best bet is ebay. I've bought tons of games via ebay.

Sometimes there's people selling them on craigslist, though not often. If you won't use ebay you could always post a "wanted" ad on craigslist (washingtondc.craigslist.org).

Date: June 20, 2007 11:05AM

Okay I hav been using ebay. ill check craigslist forgot about that website. Thanks

by the way
what are your favorite top 10 games

ones that come to head
mike tysons
life force
super contra
river city ransom
super dodge ball
mario 3
zelda
rc pro am

cant think of anymore atm

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 20, 2007 11:06AM

starland si still located in bradlick shopping center, but they suck total ass so I don't recommend them.

You can play any of the 8-bit games at this one website. It lets the games be played through a java window. I'll look it up and get back to you on the site address.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: June 20, 2007 11:25AM

I once found a 2GB rom pack with every NES game made - as well as most of the hacked versions (e.g. Mario Bros --> Satanic Freak Bros)..

i also got the N64 pack, and SNES..

I think one of them never finished DL'ing and I never went back for the rest.. so 2 of the 3 are complete.. hell of a game collection..

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: June 20, 2007 07:22PM

Are you interested in:
SnakeRattle N Roll
Pinball
Super Mario3
Flight of the Intruder
Mario Bros/ Duck Hunt
Dr. Mario
Zelda
PM me if you are interested

Posted by: Nik ()
Date: June 21, 2007 02:22PM

Just download ROMs.

This is my NES.
img_item_121_299.jpg

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 21, 2007 08:39PM

Nik, I really need you to show me your psp-fu... or steer me to a good mod site

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2007 08:40PM by RESton Peace.

Date: June 21, 2007 10:39PM

I'll PM you - don't want to threadjack.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 21, 2007 10:59PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nik, I really need you to show me your psp-fu...
> or steer me to a good mod site

if you are looking for running emulators on a portable system, get a GP2X. sure you have never heard of it because it has like nil commercial cames but it beats the PSP at homebrew/hacking a million times over. it's linux based and completely open source. it also has a TV out port which apparently a lot of PSP people are dying to have. here is a list of emulators for it: http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Software_Directory#Emulators it beats the PSP in specs except the screen is a slightly smaller. oh yeah... it uses SD memory cards instead of sony's proprietary (and very expensive!) card format. so you can get a 8GB SD card (for like $65) and not have to worry about storage... unless you are playing psx. sega cd, or neo geo games on it. oh and it will play any digital audio/video format you can think of. i mean... i couldnt living without a portable Thomson To7 emulator.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 22, 2007 08:22AM

But since he's asking me to show him how to hack it, I assume he already has a PSP.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2007 08:25AM by Nik.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 22, 2007 10:15AM

Nik Wrote:
> But since he's asking me to show him how to hack
> it, I assume he already has a PSP.

yes, i recall him saying he did.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: June 22, 2007 10:49AM

Nik Wrote:
> I'll PM you - don't want to threadjack.

Please feel free to post that here. I am interested as well.

Margi, I already ordered SMB3 but I think i lost the auction for zelda.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: June 22, 2007 02:34PM

my fave video game from back in the day is super punch out. Yeah we used to play that in the back seat of the car with my brother. Id punch him in the arm then he'd punch me in the arm and we'd do that till somebodies arm got numb or mom and dad threatened us with Brocoli or meatloaf for dinner. Good times

Also known as "hey, you wanna hurtsDoughnut?"

Date: June 22, 2007 03:37PM

Local Gamer, You need to register on this site so you can PM me. I have the Nintendo machine, games and what ever else came with the system. If you are willing to pick it up you can have it all, I have no use for it.

Date: June 22, 2007 08:01PM

The most important part of hacking a PSP is what version of the firmware you have installed. If it's above 3.03, you're fucked unless you can solder in a modchip.

If you have 3.03, you'll need an early copy of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. If you need a copy, go to GameStop and ask to test it out before you buy it. The only sure way to know if it's the right version is if it has the 2.00 firmware update on it - after hackers found out how to use GTA to hack the PSP, Sony made Rockstar patch the hole.

For more detailed instructions, read the first post on this thread on MaxConsole's forums.

Alternately, for $10 and a 2-liter of Mountain Dew, I can do it for you (downgrading only - I can't solder). If you throw in a few blank DVDs, I can burn you a few... backups. PM me if you're interested.

----------------
WHERE'S THE BEEF

Date: June 23, 2007 10:18AM

The Nintendo system has been spoken for! IT'S GONE!!!!!!

Date: June 23, 2007 12:03PM

Margie Wrote:
> The Nintendo system has been spoken for! IT'S
> GONE!!!!!!

Ouch

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:11AM

There'a a store on Richmond Hwy called 'Play N Trade' They may have some NES systems there. Here's their website: http://www.playntrade.com/alexandria/

Oh, and Starland is in the "Bradlick" shopping center where Braddock Rd and Backlick Rd meet. They're still there!

Hope that helps!

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: June 30, 2007 01:12AM

Oh, and Starland's website:

www.estarland.com

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.