HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Springfield Mall visit
Posted by: Mike Salmon ()
Date: January 14, 2022 03:26PM

I'm writing a story for the Springfield Connection about the time Leif Garrett showed up at the mall to sign autographs and it was mayhem. If you were there or know about it, email me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Springfield Mall visit
Posted by: I was there working at Wards ()
Date: January 15, 2022 08:22AM

Mike Salmon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm writing a story for the Springfield Connection
> about the time Leif Garrett showed up at the mall
> to sign autographs and it was mayhem. If you were
> there or know about it, email me.

In April 1978, Harmony Hut in Springfield Mall scheduled an appearance by the new pop superstar Leif Garrett. 16-year old Garrett arrived to find at least 1000 screaming girls mobbing the store to get a glimpse of their beloved star. Garrett spent about three minutes in the store and the crowd surged forward screaming like sirens according to store workers. Having lost complete control, the Harmony Hut employees moved Garrett out a back door and began to try to close the store. The crazed girls pulled the sliding doors off their tracks and were rapidly transforming into a crazed mob. Many girls were trampled and some went into hyperventilation. In the end 15 girls had to go to the hospital and 50 or so given first aid at the scene. Of course, a short time later Leif Garrett was forgotten, but his legacy in NOVA was a pack of crazed girls tearing apart the Harmony Hut at Springfield Mall.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.