HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is road salting just salting Bill Clinton's pockets? Does it really help?
Posted by: associated pressings 23444 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:18AM

Winter is Coming! And with it, tons of salt on our roads - US EPA
https://www.epa.gov › snep › winter-coming-and-it-tons-s...

MONEY MONEY MONEY !!! for dems, doubly so.

While both begin as sodium chloride, the coarse mix used on roads and highways contains high levels of chemicals such as sodium ferrocyanide and ferric ferrocyanide that prevent caking during storage.

sodium chloride can depress the freezing point 6 degrees ONLY (27 degrees is freezing with perfect coverage and conditions), calcium chloride magnesium chloride do slighty better: but are more expensive the state doesn't use them on roads.

IS A FEW DEGREES REALLY WORTH ALL THE MONEY AND DAMAGE TO CARS AND THE ENVIRONMENT?

I have ice on the roads outside my home (road side). They were salted yesterday. The sidewalks just 2 ft away, shoveled haphazardously, have 0 snow or ice and were not salted or sanded.

WHY DO THEY SAY NOT TO GO OUT ON ROADS, if road salt "works", you go out and roads are frozen on a cold night after salting? That 2 or 4 or 6 degree "weather window where it might work". sure it works A LITTLE. but so does the Sun, and so does sand on roads.

Google: salted roads are never frozen. TRUTH: full of fucking lies, go out in the cold of night the shit's frozen.

winter-coming-tons-salt.jpg?VersionId=DN EPA USA Moose
Moose-Crossing-2.jpg?w=980&q=7523mag-23firstwords-t_CA1-superJumbo.jpg

Little did Canada know, the reason for the moose shortage is Xiden Biden's moose migration program! Free grass for migrating moose and plenty of advertising.

MENWHILE IN UK

e 2 of about 53,200,000 results (0.56 seconds)

Learn how salt helps in melting ice on the roadways during ...
https://www.britannica.com › video › explanation-salt-roa...

they are putting the lies in encyclopedias, apparently so you "can't argue they are stealing from you"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is road salting just salting Bill Clinton's pockets? Does it really help?
Posted by: 3545h45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:18AM

little red riding hood

Posted by: 3445h45645 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:20AM

google refuses to show a single hit of "road frozen" if "road salt" is included in the search

TAKE A FAT COMMUNIST GUESS WHY

Posted by: 54y6u45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:22AM

Road Salt: Winter's $2.3 Billion Game Changer - NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › business › economy › road...
Feb 19, 2015 — With cities across the United States facing one of the most brutal winters in recent memory, the use of road salt can be an economic game ...

WHO DIDN'T KNOW DEMOCRATS SEE THIS AS A LYING CHEATING ASSULT OPPORTUNITY

Posted by: H56HJ454 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:24AM

I once had a little project i needed something to "not freeze outdoors in VA". I quickly found out that MY PROJECT COULDN'T BE DONE with anything safe: nothing works. The amount you have to use to "totally prevent freezing in VA" is rediculous can't be done even for a small project.

Posted by: 4556u565 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:26AM

DAMAGE TO CARS IS ENORMOUS

unlike waiting an extra few minutes for an extra few degrees of sunrise

Posted by: 35h5h54 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:30AM

Chevy+Truck-MI+Rust.jpg

this truck does NOT actuall pass inspection (exhaust access to cabin) (still on road tho!)

it's 100% due to road salt. the same truck in nevada would have 0 rust.

THE CAR MANUFACTURER (this model i've worked on) intentionally insured water would collect in the frame and rust it. I'm 100% positive and sure it was intentional - rusing out the lower panel clean through.

mechanics have to cut parts of such cars - the nuts no longer have anything to grab - causing more cost on top of more cost - sometimes a "total loss" (in today's cost of metal exhaust - a little replacement costs allot)

Posted by: 5h45645 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:35AM

image.jpg?w=400&c=1images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToexLxdCu_nFwlp3TUO-g

Posted by: 35rh45h4 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:47AM

Chevy+Truck-MI+Rust.jpg

Posted by: 5h45h54 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:50AM

another COLLOSAL is misplacement of sand DUE TO SALTING

IT ISN'T WHERE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ...

they salt & sand before it snows: but the sand has to be on top to do anything (the salt has to be UNDER to do anything)

Posted by: 3h455h445 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:55AM

How-salt-trucks-keep-roads-safe%E2%80%A6maxresdefault.jpg

(sometimes they put only salt only down, sand only: but they also put down mix sometimes say they are "making the salt last longer by adding sand")

Posted by: 3445h45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:03PM

61d73252d43a2.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C90

you will see the truck salt & sand before the road is coated with snow or ice

While salt & sand may not damage tar, it DOES DAMAGE concrete - especially if it's not pure nacl.

even if your road is asphault it's got a WHITE LADY (the curb, maybe sidewalks, the road barriers, ...)

-----------------------------------
GOOGLE communists: "Salt Does Not Deteriorate Asphalt It is engineered to withstand the freeze-thaw cycle and is not affected by salt or other deicing agents."

THE TRUTH: asphalt is not engineered. it is the bottom of the barrel of roughtly 25 petroluem products, it is the waste of oil refining, the absolute bottom.

Can Rock Salt Damage an Asphalt Driveway? - Superior Seal ...
https://superior-sealcoating.com › 2019/11/27 › can-roc...
Nov 27, 2019 — Yes, rock salt can damage unsealed asphalt. Sodium chloride (Rock Salt) can accelerate the normal deterioration caused by freeze-thaw cycles ...

(possibly a lie, idk)

Posted by: hr545h4 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:06PM

Qew_bruecke_nf_beton_kaputt_34_von_46.jp SALT DAMAGE

to a highway bridge. the COST of replacing bridges can barely be afforded - since Bill Clinton we've seem them collapse and kill before they city will cough up the funds

IS THERE REALLY ROOM TO ENDANGER BRIDGES with road salt?

Posted by: 345hgh54 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:08PM

damaged-bridge-support-close-up-transpor

It couldn't be more clear.

Posted by: 4hj66j56 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:10PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToexLxdCu_nFwlp3TUO-g

IN THE LATE 1980'S there was news (TV, maybe paper) that municipalities across USA were "debating and even instructing road salt teams to use ONLY SAND on bridges"

what do you bet OBAMA erased all that?

Posted by: 35h54 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:10PM

orange-highway-maintenance-gritter-truck THANKS OBAMA

Posted by: 4nj46jt45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:13PM

"But salt has its drawbacks. When salt mixes with the water from the melted snow, it seeps down into tiny cracks in a paved or concrete surface and expands when it refreezes, creating cracks as it pushes against the concrete or pavement."

Posted by: 45h46hj45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:16PM

(while GOOD asphalt repels salt water, OLD asphalt absorbs water - and it is damaged exactly like concrete when ... the road asphault looks "less black" and or has small cracks. at this time, salting the roads poses problems)

Posted by: 45hj46j46 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:17PM

Investigation of sea salt erosion effect on the asphalt ...
https://link.springer.com › article
by Z Zhou · 2020 · Cited by 5 — Under high-temperature and hygrothermal conditions, sea salt erosion can lead to asphalt-aggregate interfacial failure in

he's chinese so i'm stealing the report and believing 1/2 at most ! i'm sure he does the same for me, that's my problem these days.

Posted by: 45hj456 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:19PM

(the strength of the interface was deduced or reduced - honestly i'm having problems reading the report!)

Posted by: 35h45h ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:21PM

India has a similar report. And if you want to know whether salt damages anything in USA: ask Ford GM or Florida.

Florida knows all about salt. They have to special order everything on the coastal homes so it won't evaporate after a year of sea salt.

Posted by: 34r5y454 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:25PM

Another important finding was the damage of the mixtures could be caused by high contents of single chemical compound (chloride in this case), however, a combination of chemical compounds and interaction of them had a more significant contribution to cause the damage.

(from EPA above - road salts are sometimes mixed with "enhancers")

ME: sand is not "inert". it has every chemical you can think of in it - it depends on where it was taken from what's in it. it could contain amounts of uranium, calcium, silver, anything. cheap road rock contains calcium and magnesium and sant and a mix bag of who knows what else. Infrequently but possible, the soil in a region is found to be "poisonous" to a population and the must move to where the soil is safe: simply due to natural composition.

Posted by: r35h45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:32PM

winter-coming-tons-salt.jpg?VersionId=DN

BUT hunters like it, it's like a big illegal salt lick to attract wildlife! For shootin! Yummy road.

Posted by: 3445yh534 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:55PM

1232046172.0.jpg BIDEN

"After I kill all the bridges, we're building back with BRICKS."

200,000 jobs created in February (salt and plow). Do you believe it? Calling seasonal re-hires as jobs created?

Posted by: 3h45h4 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 12:58PM

It gets worse: the road crews don't really clock less time if they don't salt because they still have to sand

what's the beef? are damaging all cars and bridges really worth some toyotas getting to side-jobs ? where is the real deal in all this other than destruction and who profits from it? any data ever supporting it?

Posted by: 5h54h4 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:21PM

Commentary-Biden-Infrastructure-GettyIma

and this BBB, have no idea what use this "golden arch" might be to infrastruture (LOOKS LIKE EYE CANDY TO ME) (the uprights are asian materials that will later be removed, the wood might be from brazil)

BUT LET ME TELL YOU: rebar concrete infrastructure has proven to be fragile and dangerous in all to many situations ESPECIALLY USED IN ARCHES. ie: the Florida Pedestrian Bridge Collapse.

If it's not steel it ain't infrastructure. Oh yea, the DC 4, Wash DC mayor had the DC steel magnate murderd, tortured and killed a child: for a key to access steel funds.

That arch is dangerous to walk under. It's too thin and "rebar" will NOT work the way used. Mark my word.

Posted by: 54456ju645 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:28PM

^^^ despite being a rather cheap concrete pour, i'm sure they're charging the taxpayers the same price as "the real thing"

"Construction of the new Sixth Street Viaduct Replacement Project"

1l-Image-7.jpg

the supposed end result. computer generated. the real end result will look far different. any disaster will be blamed on "a loose screw".

what happens to wishbones? they crack in half. are these wishbones all balanced to lean each way to prevent the wishbone? doing so is impossible, really.

Posted by: 35h5h4 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:31PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQBq99WFOsEFyaKUMJDuD1

what is being replaced. in VA we all know the large butt-rest in the air is un-necessary for such a short span. large pilons with huge iron beams preclude the need.

Posted by: 5h5h54 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:35PM

PXL_20211104_224616911.jpg?itok=v0QHQZlg

the golden gate's wings are 100% steel. the Biden's is rebar-concrete wishbone wings.

genoa-bridge-collapse-rt-jpo-180814_hpMah_54552674.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=41

in the moment of failture, the tip of a REBAR CONCRETE pylon broke off. they aren't wishbone - but they got pulled. a bridge will pull a mountain given the chance.

Posted by: 3h45h35 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:37PM

130664-L.jpg

THOSE ARE IRON. i bet they end up in mexico or china?

Posted by: 54hj455 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:43PM

DSC_0097.JPG?1350673326

NOT LONG AGO, corrupt LA did media ALLOT of funding was being used to rejuvinate the 6th street viaduct. look at pictures today and you will know THAT WORK was never really done.

Posted by: 545jn6 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:45PM

WEB_of_sixth_kbreak_9359.jpg

i haven't yet SEEN a stretch of viaduct which requires suspension (since there are pylons close together - nothing preventing pylons - and only 6 lane highway). but some are high up?

Posted by: 56hj56 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:46PM

100% of the bridge is A 2ND ROAD SYSTEM, to reduce traffic - or rather - to convey MORE traffic which is the 2nd truth of what it is

Posted by: jn465645 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 01:53PM

43084045894_b49f74d1cc_b.jpg

the Y is plywood, behind it wood then empty rebar - very deep empty rebar

ME: it'd never even imagine a huge Y that wasn't encased in steel, i don't think NYC engineers would either

ME: concrete must be vibrated - if there's even a little pocket that isn't filled with sand and stone failure is ASSURED not a maybe

the depth and width of that Y make it very likely that the machinese used to vibrate (eliminate any dry pockets) would be difficult to do. possible but then also risky that it was completely "understood" correctly.

the blue is NOT steel. (usually gets a red, oxidized iron paint, red paint). zoom in all you want: IT'S A BLUE TARP FROM HOMEDEPOT

Posted by: 35hh54 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:03PM

more rebar, less concrete. it's why "rebar concrete columns" are "impossible" to be high. the rebar isn't welded. but in the cutting edge buildings: they ARE welded (actually, are specially made continuous parts looking like a shock absorber, for a tall column)

(the bridge pylons to earth are not columns per say they are wider and built differently for a different think)

i'm sure i've seen the Y on past buildings and bridges, IRON, have issues (bolts can sheer) the fact is Y in the past have frequently been an overlooked error with design

Posted by: 56jk557 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:08PM

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.trbimg.com%2Fimg-

these columns are COLLOSAL. they snapped like bread sticks. (rebar concrete construction)

a failure on a single suspension wire holder caused (a miles of) span to all collapse

Posted by: hj45j45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:19PM

1l-Image-7.jpg

this is no normal Y. there are two directions for it to go wrong

Posted by: 35hh54 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:20PM

^^^^ a computer rendering. note the planned large hole in the pilon with (what) running through it to other-earth

Posted by: 35h45h ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:22PM

^^^^^ NOTE the "sectional look", though it is a rendering only, the Genoa colums have that same "sectional" look

Posted by: h55h45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:24PM

in the B&W photo look at the Y. notice the care taken that it did not act as a wishbone, yet also was tied together. all in steel.

Posted by: h5544 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:27PM

6th-Street-Viaduct.jpg

exhibits a 2nd way they avoided wishbone. this one requires water be carried out of the joints and the joints be inspectable for rust. i wouldn't bet 2 cents they didn't do both.

Posted by: 35h45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:33PM

IMG_4870.jpg

BERTHA, seattle. ususally what happens to tunnel bores too close to the surface is the earth caves in during tunneling before the concret is set. it happened to them despite their knowing ahead of time, and cost them tons of money. there had been a clear record of the problem previous to their renting the tunnel bore. i wonder if it's in china or in seattle. you have to keep your eye on those slick dick seattle people.

Posted by: 45h45 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:35PM

^^^ it happened in tysons fairfax va just 2? years before seattle repeated it many times

Posted by: 5h4554 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 02:39PM

tunneling-under-Seattle.jpg?t=1467819233

the other problem tysons had (and seattle), too close to the surface: water flowed in and prevented work since the earth had caved into the tunnel, rainwater could not be pumped out fast enough

Posted by: 5h45h ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:24AM

take another look at the computer generated "bridge proposal" photo (proposal: they will change it 10x during construction and blame a loose bolt if it all falls down)

the road is butted against the Y's without gap but there's no interface showing how the road and Y are attached, such a mechanism doesn't exist

THE ROAD APPEARS VERY THIN. too thin to have allot of steel under it. Take a look at golden gate. only the replaceable re-pave-able road is that thin, the rest of it is thicker. There is evidence they will attempt to hold up roadway that has no metal i-beams bearing the load - that the suspension may attempt to bear more weight than the i-beams. but the suspesion "doesn't look like it's up to the job", looks fancy, doesn't look "double good", and isn't made of iron

Posted by: 5h45jh45 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:27AM

ggb2.1215.jpg

try to proportionally compare it, see one is thick the other thin, one is iron the other "we don't know and they won't say" (ie, liek the florida pedestrian bridge)

Posted by: 45h6j56 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:29AM

look at the water duct "old 6th ave." photo above. it is thicker on a thinner span - and significant iron is holding it up, iron that would hold it up even were the suspension to fail. it is "double engineered", 2x as good as it needs to be.

Posted by: 35h45 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:29AM

thicker on a shorter span

Posted by: 45hj65j656 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:37AM

so i said the Y has two directions of failure instead of 1. a rather messy thing.

a "vertical Y" has a splitting failure vertically. it can be pushed either direction to fail also (this is why bridges use very wide columns and slip-attachment to protect them still)

BUT THIS Y has another: it's engineered to "spread" weight in and down.

during and earth quake, or traffic vibration, wind vibration, there will be significan push the the direction to "make push the hoop out insead of in", but its' only designed to be pushed "in". THAT IS THE SECOND direction i mentioned.

you can't have a design where "when wheight is removed or added against some component in an unplanned direction that it fails" because the weight can and will be in any direction - on some day in the future

Posted by: nj56jn56 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:39AM

(so the massively leaning Y have two problem areas). now look again the road cannot move horizontally but isn't firmly attached either. the road moves horizontall during 1) vibrations and 2) due to expansion contraction 3) the land on either end of the bridge shifting (which is guaranteed to happen to some amount)

Posted by: 446jn645 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:43AM

gettyimages-495282443-2.jpg

my opinion is many look at GG and assume their school book problems, which claim to apply to such situations, are all that went in to building GG and that's all the GG bridge engineers knew

I THINK that's deceiving. i think the slide rule engineers did allot more than people suspected without even writing it down. nor do they appreciate the material cost of GG's iron.

many try to copy the design and it fail or is short lived. i think that is why.

Posted by: 5hu45 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:51AM

i bet there are allot of hidden engineering stories THAT ARE LOST, despite all the paperwork CA has behind glass

for instance i bet they calculated if cable would work how thick it would be - but made phone calls to a "industrial cable crane" designer for help. what those men knew (shrewness and experience in what cable should and shouldn't do): probably never got on paper

Posted by: 45656j5 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 06:56AM

did they consider how much cable mass was lost to rust per year and how many years?

i would guess there is no record. but i guarantee that designs of that era did sometimes include "planned rusting" and put it on paper in quantity

Posted by: 4546u ()
Date: January 09, 2022 07:01AM

hqdefault.jpg

is the future of mankind to never build anything that isn't "Cheese Ball" since it might be attacked?

all democrats do is dream about financial terror. a little damage with a great impact

11869-Underway.LoRes.jpg

are ferry rides in our future? and will china be behind that?

is CRT BLM "teaching kids that society sucks and there's no God or rules", giving them awful crime video games. is that where this all leads? China 1000 yr in the future and everyone else 200 years in the past?

Posted by: 4t56hjn556 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 07:26AM

bayBridge_1.jpg?itok=GEIXP5B1

is this the Oakland Bay bridge? no, it's a computer generated "asian plan". look at the road no metal - paper thin. the plan is planned failure BUT

MOST OF IT is (cheap ass but effective*) municipal highway bridge like the other two in the area and this span is "an un-necessary crown" on the otherwise boring bridge. (when built with immense iron ibeams as most highway in the past are - who says san fran asians won't break those rules. i can say CHINA uses ALLOT of iron in their bridges but push for no iron in USA ones: TAKE A GUESS WHY, less for you more for them)

agi_007b.jpg?itok=VKmsVxxv

this is the oakland bay bridge: and the plan is to joe biden TO TEAR IT DOWN rebuild it - though they probably already #ripped the federal gov for cash to keep it running till year 2100

# BUILD BACK BETTER =

# HISPANICS WRECKING SHIT THAT IS WORKING DOESN'T NEED REPLACEMENT FOR USA CASH AFTER ALREADY BILKING TAXPAYERS FOR REPAIRS

Posted by: 45Y45 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 07:32AM

an article reads "25 yr and $6.5 billion later the bridge looks like this". but satellite shows such a project was never started (and should not start).

NEXT DOOR is allot of asian owned ports who NEED TONS OF STEEL FOR THEIR CRANE ARMS

gee i wonder

Posted by: 76k878 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 07:38AM

(THEY ARE BEING PAID TO PLAN TO TEAR DOWN AND REPLACE a bridge which they KNOW that work will not begin on while they are employed. $$$$)

yet - destroying all cars of northern USA with salt, which are now all made in china and are chinese debt

is not to be under-estimated

china, of course, is selling municpal goods to help spread salt

Posted by: 3445y45y ()
Date: January 09, 2022 09:13AM

The vapor pressure of pure water at 20 deg C is 0.0231 atm while the vapor pressure of seawater is less with the composition listed above is 0.0226 atm. The higher the concentration of ions (or molecules) in solution, the higher is the boiling point of the solution. ICE evaporates also, at rate 0.006 atm

This means a salted road will STAY WET LONGER, meaning it is more likey to be exposed to freezing since road water will be around longer (and we know it does freeze).

HeroArticleDriveSafelyOnIceDesktop_2048.

... possibly leading to a road like this

((the benefit, other than destroying bridges and rusting and total lossing all vehicles in northern states, is, it melts a few hours earlier in the day - so if there's a "build up" one day of melting will melt more of it. but the benefit is not without LOSSES))

Does ICE evaporate? Yes. Evaporation of a solid is called sublimation. This happens to any solid with an appreciable vapor pressure. Ice will evaporate as long as the relative humidity is less than 100%.

clearsidewalk.png

ice evaporates slowly (sublimation) whether temperatures melt it to water or Not

Posted by: 45uy56u5 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 09:18AM

donner-retrek.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

California laughing at you. What are you back-ordered on chinese snow tires? Are they a matching set?

Posted by: 345y45y ()
Date: January 09, 2022 09:20AM

Because of the "feeling of well being" we now have stores with NO PRODUCTS and families with NO PREPARATION.

that's never good. if snow tires, chain, or (4wd) other products are needed: people won't have them. they've "forgotten the need". they haven't been stranded since NANNY government is spoiling them. what if they COVID shut the road? road monitoring remotely?

Posted by: 3445yg45hy4 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 09:30AM

602fbdb28ad68.image.jpg?crop=1662%2C1247

The road is salted and plowed. The truck is JACKNIFED. Please explain.

(and there's no coat of sand on top)

(ps this is about salting not whether plowing or sanding)

if you can drive on snow is a topic (a much smaller one), but not for this article

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read.php?40,3794075,3796192,page=2#msg-3796192

Posted by: 3y45454 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 09:44AM

another problem with NANNY GOVERNMENT "removing funds to #fund their children", providing supposedly safe roads on bad days

YOU TRADE THIS

894a00465d7d2ab2d74a2c0248ce71da.jpg

THE EVAPORATION OF CIVIL CONTENTMENT with being snowden

Cast_Iron_Stove_jjgyau

the elimination of true contentment on days you shouldn't go out

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredit
FOR THIS

But the reason for making the trade on the worst day possible to do such a thing (ie, instead of a summer day off) can never be explained.

Posted by: 5hy454 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 10:02AM

"I don't have logs. I have a furnace. A hotel within driving distance."

"I go to work on snow days." (so he says he's on covid FCPS pay, liar)

"I don't have snow tires or what. They aren't sold for my car." (and made in china if you buy locally)

"I don't have an extra battery or a jump cable. The tow truck can bring one."

"I don't have a weeks food supply ... and have no water."

"My power never goes out. I have no candles - those are for girls. I have an Android with an LED. Lantern? What 1700's foolery is that?"

"I don't have a deck of cards. Those are like ancient. I read books online."

"I don't have winter wear. I have cheap chinese crap that can't really stay warm in the weather. The souls of my boots peel off after getting wet a few times"

"I don't have extra blankets, let alone any electric ones $$"

"I live in an apartment. There's no plan for days of snow closure outages except government housing. fires are not allowed obviously."

These are what sets in. Complacency and dependency on NANNY GOVERNMENT. And they aren't good.

well don't worry nanny government will save you. UNTIL THEY DON'T. then you'll be absolutely un-prepared and find the shelves have nothing that you need.

Posted by: for stupid millenials ()
Date: January 09, 2022 10:21AM

or should we call them "salted road plow babies" ?

so in the 80's your prepared to stay home a day maybe a few, happy for a day off

HOW DID STORES STAY OPEN since we all know there will be a few desperate trips.

wtjro0k6lpc21.jpg

THIS IS HOW YOU GOT TO WORK to keep "essentials" open on snow days (1980's no plowing or salt, dumb millenials). If you didn't have a car with clearance and snow tires you called friends to find someone who could take you.

If too many people on the suburb street were asking not enough having, some guy who was "having a good year" would go pick one up at the dealership. That's the way the 1980's worked.

for medical - they advertised on WMAL and WTOP every year that persons with 4WD and jeeps should contact the Fire Department to see if they needed drivers. they now rely on $$$$$$$ your money in the deep red spending and "avoid the topic"

(xxxxx we assume you have an asian luxury car so we can't ask you for help since we are democrats and don't want you to have a Made in USA Jeep)

Posted by: r45h65 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 10:24AM

frozen-ice-grill-jeep-north-carolina-4.j

AND I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE. It's what you'd see in a parking lot at times in the 1980's. We knew how to get out and home on bad roads without plowing and salt.

AND THE ABOVE IS DEFINITELY WHAT YOU'D OCCASIONALLY SEE. People in the lot who didn't know each other would gather around tell some jokes when it happened.

Posted by: 335y534 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 10:30AM

so in the 80's your employer would schedule specially for snow days - insuring the persons had reliable snow capable transportation WELL BEFORE ANY SNOW FORCAST

Posted by: 34y45uy4 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 10:33AM

^^^^ (i assume you'll see that less in 2021. salt, plowing, etc will probably prevent the above from happening as much. often happened when car was abutted with snow to bumper)

Posted by: 34t5y4 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 12:06PM

Image result for car wash money
Many factors can affect car wash income, but on average, it can start from $41,000 per year for a small self-serve car wash to $686,250 per year for a bigger luxury car wash.

MANY FACTORS SUCH AS SOME DEMOCRAT WANTS SALT ON THE ROAD BECAUSE PELOSI'S COUSIN OWNS SOME CAR WASH IMPLEMENT BOUGHT FROM CHINA?

Posted by: 4hj445 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 12:08PM

635641773987789541-Wash-Your-Car-Eley.jp

here comes the government. of course the "BENEFITS" include machine car washes on the dole. of course they do.

Posted by: 54y45h45 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 12:11PM

I FOUND OUT THE WRONG WAY

NEW CAR WASHING SPRAY LIQUID ON THE ENGINE FROM THE BOTTOM EVEN THOUGH YOU SELECT THE MACHINE NOT TO DO IT.

IT CAN KILL YOUR ENGINE AND MORE

* if the engine is hot: it will warp or even crack open your engine

* if your brakes are hot: it will definitely warp them just like driving through a puddle will. not maybe. it's assured.

* wiring isn't "totally waterproof" and shouldn't have soap and wax and dirt in it beside the water. you could cause a short circuit that causes engine problems that are expensive to find and repair. it's a rats nest in there trust me.

Posted by: 45hh45 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 12:13PM

the #1 reason people uses washes in the winter is TO GET THE SALT OFF

Posted by: 546h645 ()
Date: January 09, 2022 12:14PM

it will remove salt

AND BADLY SHORTEN THE LIFE OF YOUR CAR quite possibly.

despite news since the 1990's "not to spray from underneath", the washes not only installed the feature in every unit but made sure it couldn't be turned off

you have to ask who would do that and if they are connected to china, japan, an other seedy car makers

Posted by: 5h45h45 ()
Date: January 10, 2022 07:41AM

Posted by: educating millenials ()
Date: January 10, 2022 11:40AM

orange-highway-maintenance-gritter-truck THANKS OBAMA

the super obvious problem with "leaving it up to municipalities" is THEY DON'T PAY FOR BRIDGES and live on the dole off federal tax returns

put a pile of salt and they will $$$$$ insistist they get paid overtime to spread it where previously lawmakers said not to ever spread it - bridges. (i would argue it due to rust it shouldn't be spread anywhere)

this is why "salt should be canceled". local municipalities cannot be trusted with public funds. not ever. they've never EVER proven responsible in that manner. (and money to start businesses - we've seen they've been terrible at that also)

Posted by: 5JU76 ()
Date: January 11, 2022 08:01AM

Posted by: 35h45654 ()
Date: January 13, 2022 04:07PM

https://rmets.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1017/S1350482797000364

one of perhaps THOUSANDS of municipal funded "papers on salt", just ANOTHER HIDDEN COST

it does everything possible to avoid answering the question as most internet articles do

HOWEVER - this one, at the very end, has THE MOST DAMNING report i've seen

it says "a light salted road will freeze almost as quickly as an unsalted road" (which i said above)

FURTHERMORE - he goes on to say "even with heavy salting - while freezing is delayed - it is not STOPPED. Freezing at VERY CLOSE TO 32 DEG is emminent after 1 hr"

Posted by: r5bh4n5t ()
Date: January 26, 2022 04:02PM

Posted by: h53h5 ()
Date: December 13, 2022 08:48PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.