HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS deserves praise for putting student safety first in the snow and in the Covid Crises
Posted by: FCPS Admirer ()
Date: January 07, 2022 06:24AM

FCPS deserves praise for acting in accordance with student safety. With nearly a foot of snow (and more on Thursday/Friday) FCPS made the right call to ensure student safety. The lack of bus drivers combined with the terrible conditions meant that schools should remain closed to prevent any avoidable injuries to students and staff.

FCPS needs to extend that commitment to Covid and virtual learning. With the surge right now, it just doesn't make sense to put all those people smooshed together while there is a virulent virus attacking the population.

I know FCPS gets a lot of grief around here, but we need to thank them when they do well.

Thank you FCPS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS deserves praise for putting student safety first in the snow and in the Covid Crises
Posted by: FCPS plumber ()
Date: January 07, 2022 06:38AM

It makes my job much easier when the kids are not in school clogging all the toilets and drains. I get to sit in my county truck all day and play video games or watch movies.

Re: FCPS deserves praise for putting student safety first in the snow and in the Covid Crises
Posted by: Service Thankler ()
Date: January 07, 2022 07:01AM

FCPS plumber Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It makes my job much easier when the kids are not
> in school clogging all the toilets and drains. I
> get to sit in my county truck all day and play
> video games or watch movies.

Thank you for your service

Posted by: anonymous teacher ()
Date: January 07, 2022 07:32AM

Well said. I hope we never go back.

Posted by: Warhawk2024 ()
Date: January 07, 2022 07:43AM

I needed a long break from that freaking geometry.

Posted by: Not concerned ()
Date: January 07, 2022 08:21AM

Translation: please don’t reopen schools, I really don’t want to die from this virus. You did a good job closing for snow days, when there was snow, now please don’t reopen.

News Flash: you’re getting this virus. Sooner or later you’re getting this virus and so is everyone you know. The good news is the boosted are having mild cases. So are the vaxxed, unvaxxed and kids, but that might be a bit much to wrap your head around right now.

Your homemade mask is not stopping this, nor are your disinfectant wipes. Hiding at home will delay you and your family getting it, but it’s just delaying not preventing. These last two years scared the shit out of you, got it. You and many others need to come to terms with that. But more screen time for the kids to lower your anxiety is not healthy for them or you honestly.

Posted by: ten year emp ()
Date: January 07, 2022 08:29AM

Not concerned Wrote:
> Translation: please don’t reopen schools, I
> really don’t want to die from this virus. You
> did a good job closing for snow days, when there
> was snow, now please don’t reopen.
>
> News Flash: you’re getting this virus. Sooner or
> later you’re getting this virus and so is
> everyone you know. The good news is the boosted
> are having mild cases. So are the vaxxed, unvaxxed
> and kids, but that might be a bit much to wrap
> your head around right now.
>
> Your homemade mask is not stopping this, nor are
> your disinfectant wipes. Hiding at home will delay
> you and your family getting it, but it’s just
> delaying not preventing. These last two years
> scared the shit out of you, got it. You and many
> others need to come to terms with that. But more
> screen time for the kids to lower your anxiety is
> not healthy for them or you honestly.

Nope. Only the unvaxxed are spreading this. Why should we ever go back to school when we have all these unvaxxed third world mongrels that just spread disease? My principal supports us staying home and dealing with these dirty little shits over the internet where it's safe.

Posted by: Stating what is obvious ()
Date: January 07, 2022 09:34AM

Troll making troll topic.

No point in responding to such drivel.

Posted by: ridndwv ()
Date: January 07, 2022 10:45AM

FCPS Admirer Wrote:
> FCPS deserves praise for acting in accordance with
> student safety. With nearly a foot of snow (and
> more on Thursday/Friday) FCPS made the right call
> to ensure student safety. The lack of bus drivers
> combined with the terrible conditions meant that
> schools should remain closed to prevent any
> avoidable injuries to students and staff.
>
> FCPS needs to extend that commitment to Covid and
> virtual learning. With the surge right now, it
> just doesn't make sense to put all those people
> smooshed together while there is a virulent virus
> attacking the population.
>
> I know FCPS gets a lot of grief around here, but
> we need to thank them when they do well.
>
> Thank you FCPS.

it would be so much easier to say thank you if the superintendent had stated the truth from the start--instead he hid behind questionable (at times) weather excuses..
the lack of transparency on his part is obvious to us--we all knew that fcps closed due to covid..the snow was a coincidence.. why not be truthful??!!
regardless, virtual learning is the best, safest, obvious option right now to keep our kids/teachers healthy..
on the flip side::vl is academically challenging for a wide range of students.. more importantly, the intense, dangerous toll it takes on so many kids' mental health is critical and cannot be ignored..
catch a virus or experience a serious mental health crisis??

Posted by: Beltway Bob ()
Date: January 07, 2022 12:48PM

Jeezus ^^^^^^ this is your problem right here. Brain dead parents like ridndwv. No wonder everything is so fucked up.

Posted by: Another Student ()
Date: January 07, 2022 03:10PM

Please, please keep school clothed. I don't want to go their.

Posted by: FCPS sucks a cock ()
Date: January 07, 2022 06:04PM

Thanks for closing the school at the drop of a hat. I remember it rained once and they had late arrival. The bottom line is that FCPS employees are all major assholes and love to stay home because they hate the kids, the parents, and their jobs. It’s good that they are home on the couch because they are worth a lump of shit anyways. Fuck you FCPS mother fuckers!

Posted by: 6hju5j665 ()
Date: January 08, 2022 10:44AM

I READ THE WEBSITE. they closed distance learning and in-person learning.

YOUR LYING

Posted by: Gerry Johnson ()
Date: January 08, 2022 11:50AM

FCPS is a lucrative jobs program with overpaid lazy ppl.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.