HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ALL-WEATHER USA TIRES. TINY TREAD ASIAN TIRES ARE ILLEGAL IN THE WINTER. cop told me
Posted by: associated pressings 982333 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 03:28AM

Now, Bill Clinton will say any illegal alien with bald tires has a right to be on the road. and many illegal aliens get inspection stickers despite having bald tires ...

BUT in the 1980's: i was pulled over, in the snow, by a cop. why? my tires. i told him "it's my dad's car i don't know". he said i was the driver and the tires both had LOW tread (PASSED INSPECTION > 2MM) and WERE NOT ALL-WEATHER TIRES.

You need both ALL-WEATHER (minimum) or SNOW TIRES (preffered) to drive in snow.

WHAT, DIDN'T THE GOVERNMENT AND CAR DEALER TELL YOU ILLEGAL ALIENS THE TRUTH AGAIN ??

DID KIM KAINE LIE TO YOU AGAIN?

2mm passing inspection in summer does NOT mean you can drive on snow

look it up - dumb asses

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ALL-WEATHER USA TIRES. TINY TREAD ASIAN TIRES ARE ILLEGAL IN THE WINTER. cop told me
Posted by: 5h4jh4 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 03:28AM

little red riding hood

Re: ALL-WEATHER USA TIRES. TINY TREAD ASIAN TIRES ARE ILLEGAL IN THE WINTER. cop told me
Posted by: 5h45j45 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 03:29AM

and yea - you DO NOT go out in snow (not even in a luxury car) without

SNOW SHOES, WINTER HAT, COAT, MITTENS

Posted by: 45h45jh4 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 03:33AM

ANOTHER THING THAT'S ILLEGAL SNOW OR AT ANY TIME IS TO TAILGATE

YOU DON'T GO FASTER THAN YOU CAN BREAK ESP NOT ON A HIGHWAY

IT'S THE LAW, IT'S NOT A SUGGESTION

AND EVERYONE INCLUDING KIM KAINE IS GUILTY I WOULD GUESS

Posted by: 5HJ45 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 03:34AM

YOUR FOLLOWING DISTANCE LEGALLY must ALLOW YOU TO NOT HIT THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU IF THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU MUST BREAK FOR ANY REASON

Posted by: 45y566ju56 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 03:41AM

he snowstorm piled seven to 11 inches of snow "on the eastern board"

FAKE NIGGER NEWS - THERE WAS 4-8 inches in that part of VA

Posted by: 34Y45HU45 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 03:47AM

It's illegal to be stuck on the road on a snow emergency route (i-95 is one obviously).

If your on a snow emergency route and your car isn't "going", the law is you must get your car off the road before the road becomes un-workable.

IT ISN'T LEGAL TO GO OUT WITHOUT PROTECTION AND GET YOURSELF STUCK

it's only legal if you need to get out (ie, aren't fucking around with some CRT race gov job or JAB JOB)

and if you took all the precautions and "need a little motorist help" and are still prepared to "move on"

Posted by: 34y455 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 05:08AM

continental-hdo.jpg SNOW TIRES

apixwpqdb__92283.1637381351.jpg?c=1 chains

you know, the fairy plow government will assure you safe passage, plowing salt and sant in the winter on all roads? using illegal aliens and expensive over-charged equipment.

no $$$$$$$

Posted by: 56767ik7 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 01:10PM

Posted by: 4y556u56 ()
Date: January 06, 2022 03:15AM

YOU CAN CLEAN MOST OF THE ROADS SOME OF THE TIME ...

BUT _____________________________________________________

Posted by: FOR STUPID MILLENIALS ()
Date: January 07, 2022 05:09AM

continental-hdo.jpg

What is a snow tire? You may have never had the opportunity to ask since many have never put them on a car or seen them in any Fairfax County store anywhere.

Won't the larger tread depth just jam with packed snow like lower depth tread?

NO. THEY ARE SOFTER RUBBER. The softer tread moves around causing packed snow to eject.

THE SOFTER TREAD wears faster on pavement. This is basically why "snow tires" aren't used all year round (in other words: in the 80's, mud fans used them all year round)

un_laredo_cross_country_tour_tread.jpg?i

this all wealther is softer to the touch than "higher wear" tires. it has deep marks in every direction but less on the width than a snow tire. the center tread promotes highway fuel efficiency when fully inflated

person-inflating-tires-low-tire-pressure
FINALLY, FOR STUPID MILLENIALS, a trick to insure your tires aren't "too stiff" for the snow is to LET A LITTLE AIR OUT OF THE TIRE.

from 35psi down to 25psi ? you'll have to look and use your own judgement.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/deflating-tires-drive-ice-snow-can-dangerous-trick-experts-say/BeHJRMv0KKURI7rEvCx4CM/

IT IS NOT DANGEROUS - THAT'S ASIAN OBAMA LAWYER TALK

in the 1980's we didn't tell people to "re-inflate them before driving fast". people who were stupid suffered so they'd learn. it went without saying. people used their heads in the 1980's there was no internet list to follow.

Letting air out of tires isn't dangerous and isn't a substitute for buying proper tires for commuting. It's a trick to get a non-snow prepared car to the store. in the 1980's i wouldn't have even told you that.

Posted by: 45y45y4 ()
Date: January 07, 2022 05:13AM

in the early 1980's we had no "internet" we had phones and people

they communicated allot of ideas with only slight expression

you used your own head for the rest. there was no "list with all steps"

it's how the 80's worked

Posted by: 345hy545 ()
Date: January 07, 2022 05:24AM

continental-hdo.jpgthisoldhouse.jpg

Still regretting Sears never funded commercials to let him release his winter tires and garage episode.

Posted by: 34t455y5 ()
Date: January 07, 2022 05:33AM

394859d1442437116-gatorback-offset-no-dr MUD FLAP

and if your in the 1980's and have a little jingle, don't leave the dealership without these. car or truck

(2020's - they salted the road my truck is dead if i don't wash it. 1980's - salted only for top ice - never if there was a snow coating it)

Posted by: damn millenials ()
Date: January 07, 2022 05:50AM

in the 1980's air at the gas station was always working and free - that might explain a few things. the meter, if there was one, usually wasn't accurate.

Posted by: 45y456u56 ()
Date: January 18, 2022 09:01PM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTAvmIcKobHtOCYbnaFkgf

these snowflake marked "hyper weather" tires BE CAREFUL. why.

the federal highway transportation commission did studies on TIRE PATTERN. it's found the "unsual patterns" degrade quickly with the slightest ALIGNMENT PROBLEMS: they become cupped, scalped, uneven-worn MUCH MORE EASILY. their labels say they are "long life" but that's the part you shouldn't believe.

tire patterns aboslutely do effect UN-EVEN WEAR that can destroy a tire RAPIDLY - more quickly than a thousand highway miles.

THERE'S A REASON WHY BORING LESSER COST TIRES IN USA HAVE THAT SAME BORING LOOK. It's because it's awsome.

Posted by: t45465646 ()
Date: January 18, 2022 09:16PM

If I didn't mention it ... COST

Snow tires (the real ones, chunky and soft) are by far the most expensive "winter traction hack". (they are expensive and require either a 2nd full set of wheels or a shop feets to change tires, PLUS storage of 4 winter tires)

Snow tires (and fancy V tires) do NOT reduce stopping distance on BLACK ICE or smooth ice (chains are cheaper, work on plain tires, and do help on ice).

Snow tires (and V) do help on non-smooth ice though.

Posted by: t4556u5 ()
Date: January 19, 2022 10:51AM

winter_driving_faq.jpg asian AD

"performance in weather"

IQ7EMKV5B4I6JEUW777UG6BDXA.jpg TRUTH

"the truth"

Posted by: PROBLEM ()
Date: January 21, 2022 11:02AM

Car mfg (china) has been greedier and greedier with metal: the cars are LOWER TO THE GROUND THAN EVER.

Neither snow tires or (chains or what) will help if your car "BOTTOMS OUT".

(the traction that's needed for a bottom out stuck car is "impossible", and even if you had the traction it'd damage your car - it's not built to have forces dragging hard on the underside. if you bottom out you must dig not "rock it" - that's the common sense old rule)

SNOW TIRES won't help if you have a car low to the ground.

and that is where BIG GOVERNMENT has your ass: $$ MANDATORY PLOWING AND SALTING $$ and no real choice

(for most buyer's needs - there's always a few jeep people - but they aren't good as a truck or for family obviously. and trucks - well sales are just lower than ever what can i say there?)

erik-mclean-qNnIm92seeI-unsplash.jpg?w=6

Snow tires won't help small cars hardly - this is why. Not enough traction and if it had the traction it'd rip off the bumper and who knows what chinese else.

(as it says above - worn tires are terrible - and here - good all weather are about all you can do on a small car that is worth the money. small cars also are infamous for NOT HAVING ANY AVAILABLE WAY TO BUY A SNOW TIRE: they simply aren't made for cars that are low to the ground - only "all weather" are - and they aren't as good in snow as they advertise either)

another hack to greedy auto-makers is "WHEEL WELL". they've stuffed it full of wires (making use of chains plainly hazardous) and THERE'S NO ROOM FOR BIGGER TIRES if you even had the money to install them. SNOW TIRES AREN'T MADE FOR ASIAN CARS AND SMALL SEDANS. they are just un-available

3212dbdca155ed34f9c0063a8f708da7x.jpg?im

Though there are snow tires for trucks of all sizes - larger tires can be installed on light trucks for yet better action, because the WHEEL WELL is simpler and less obstructive.

Why is that important? This applies to everyone: if it snows hard while your (at work) and if you don't wish to sleep there! If you don't want to wait all night for the plows to come by. A car that's "made cheap" and tells you it saves gas by being low to the ground: is no good here. It's why "sports cars" were always "the 2nd or 3rd car, not the first and only"

Posted by: 3t6u64 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 11:06AM

It's why "sports cars" were always "the 2nd or 3rd car, not the first and only: in any northern state of USA

Posted by: 34456u656 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 11:09AM

then there's the European parliamentary arguement: "if Ford would just stop building trucks there'd be more mini cars for poor people in europe". It's not true. They say that after stealing taxes to cause the same poverty. Steel is not the problem: stealing is.

Posted by: 34y54 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 11:40AM

2022_ram_1500-pic-363004960705663744-102

Even USA brand trucks (mexico china parts) are going DOWN not up. check out this dodge's front bumper with that "low plastic scraper" (part of chinese bumper) that erases some of the road clearance. (jeep is actually going up not down)

sports cars say they low to offer better handling: but driving too fast is more illegal and ticketed than ever - so where are your sedan and light truck benefits with "lower to ground"? 1 mpg better on highway on a sunny day?

"... also weigh in with the it depends" bunch. Dr. Michael Seal's Western Washington University's Viking series of 100-mpg cars used an increased ride height to channel air under their reverse airfoil bodies, while Ford used active suspension to lower their Probe series hyper-milers using heavy metal suspension components which always increase gas usage.

Story - smooth underbody counts way more than height for fuel - the car makers are lying. It's yet another deep fake, lower cars, in 2021 we've found millions of deep fakes

Posted by: 34t445y4 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 11:46AM

pic02.jpg

(these actually promote better fuel mileage, but are only useful on small cars with tight designs - not trucks). they do not raise or lower car height in themselves. they cost significant extra money for repairs, badly wiping out any fuel savings, since mechanics must remove them to even see if there's a problem to look into, and they bill you for it, that's NON-FREE

Posted by: 34T454Y554 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 11:51AM

01_DIY_BMW_Front_Suspension_Refresh-Remo

you can grow old with a euro asian car design with "lots of un-necessary parts" that "target sale time factors only". the image above proves it! this guy was 14yr old when he started the oil change. he still hasn't found the oil nut and money yet!

Posted by: 45yy57656 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 11:54AM

winter_driving_faq.jpg

so, if BIG GOV has plowed all of the mountains roads and pull-overs ... you'r all set - according to this advertisement. wow i didn't know BIG GOV plowed every pullover on all the mountains

Posted by: FOR STUPID MILLENIALS ()
Date: January 21, 2022 12:04PM

Side Story - smooth underbody counts way more than height for fuel - the car makers are lying. It's yet another deep fake, lower cars, in 2021 we've found millions of deep fakes.

it also makes it impossibel for USA to sell snow tires for those cars

12.jpgs-l300.jpg

what this shows millenials is that sedans (of middle income families?) used to get snow tires, and today do not. you can't even buy "real snow tires" for sedans today. (chunky tires with rubber that is movable sub-freezing - you can't find them - they aren't made for cars)

Posted by: 54y6u56 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 12:05PM

(YES - in the 70's 80's it was very common to see a "good percentage" of family sedans with "chunky tires" in the winter season. absolutely.)

Posted by: 45uy6i75 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 12:08PM

THEY WERE ALL MADE IN USA - NOTHING important WAS IMPORTED OR FROM CHINA BACK THEN

Posted by: 4y5y6u56 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 12:13PM

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.meredit

"We already said supply chain problem. Lower your expectations while I raise mine."

Posted by: 456u56 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 12:56PM

44c441861a5922b0665410cc841602c73abdcc50 POLICE - NO OK FOR SNOW

(law 2/23" summer, these approx 3/32")

These are not ok in winter. They are smooth and worn. Legal in summer: not legal for driving on snow. If your driving on snow you cannot use the 2/32" not even 3/32".

ยง 46.2-1003 Illegal use of defective and unsafe equipment.

(NEW LAW: COUNTY BUSSES ARE EXEMPT FROM TIRE REGULATIONS. imagine democrat fairfax that law. $$$. damn theives.)

SO, THEY EXEMPTED COUNTY VEHICLES FROM TREAD DEPTH LAWS - but didn't bother to meantion "what safe means"

but the cop told me: slick tires of low depth are NOT for snow and the 2/32" rule did not legally apply. i believe he was not lying but saying what the correct interpreation of VA Code was at the time - which was BEFORE BILL CLINTON

Posted by: 34ty6u4 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 12:57PM

"We already said supply chain problem. Lower your expectations while I raise mine."

what do you bet her tires aren't slick?

Posted by: 45yu656 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 01:00PM

https://www.virginiadot.org/VDOT/Travel/asset_upload_file552_149785.pdf

BOUGHT HIMSELF A SET OF SNOW TIRES BY BILLING YOU A FEE FOR A SNOWJOB REPORT, which btw, isn't as good as free reports from various local weather / news has offered online since the 1980's

Posted by: 4556i56 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 01:02PM

SO - THE INTERNET HAS MADE THE LAW LESS CLEAR - NOT MORE CLEAR - while also promoting "new traction products" (other than tire and chain)

Posted by: 45u656 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 01:08PM

legal statutory interpretation ...

"formulaic legal minimums" like 2/32" do NOT specify what is safe in any condition they put a bar on the absolute minimum allowed

when you add a factor such as SNOW - it doesn't mean 2/32" is "legal", absolutely not

the same is true for SPEED LIMIT signs. While the highway signs may say between 45-65 mph, and office can TICKET YOU FOR DOING 45 MPH if there is snow on the road or even wet leaves in some cases. they are absolute maximums they are not what is safe. and the law is what you do MUST BE REASONABLE AND SAFE on public roads.

Posted by: 45y6uh45 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 01:53PM

the new law says school busses don't have a minimum tread. guess what? last snowfall more school busses were INVOLVED IN SNOW ACCIDENTS than ever. and the driver? illegal aliens obviously. the price of a bus? ALLOT MORE to crash than a car. the price of children?

"laws don't apply to county workers - only to people who aren't on the take with felow democrats"

Posted by: FUN FACTS - I-95 40hr shutdown ()
Date: January 21, 2022 02:23PM

I check the photos of cars at the head of the "big" pileup.

* No one had chains though, they were not ostensibly required

* only the SCHOOL BUS had snow tires on

* The trucks and cars had sufficent tread for snow.

There's an unproven claim "someone who sped off onto an exit caused it"

The result: they were all speeding and all were breaking FOLLOWING DISTANCE laws. their safety equipment was sufficient to get them through the snow had their driving skills not been awful.

Posted by: 34t4yh646 ()
Date: January 22, 2022 10:48AM

4y5y6u56 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "We already said supply chain problem. Lower your
> expectations while I raise mine."

Said in the same breath "payraises and illegal aliens represent gains", while admitting there were vast losses. Should be put over a knee for lying.

Posted by: 3445yu6 ()
Date: January 22, 2022 10:55AM

attachment.php?attachmentid=1202245&stc= ILLEGAL IN VIRGINIA

OBAMA era - ILLEGAL in VA - but Made in USA

2000000003.jpg ILLEGAL IN VA, Made in USA

(snowmobile many laws, all clinton/obama era - prohibiting use on roads even during emergency. MADE IN USA)

for more about (and evidence) what the above is about see:

Re: General Patreus, Generally Betrayed US, and 12 dead admiral, + much more

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/3227385/page-4.html

Posted by: 45yu5656 ()
Date: January 22, 2022 10:57AM

^^ page 4

Posted by: 45yu656 ()
Date: January 22, 2022 11:31AM

1296575792.jpg

voted against every re-tread bill, true story

Posted by: 3435ytyy45 ()
Date: January 22, 2022 12:12PM

Canada: "we don't want re-treads they don't work in the cold"
USA: "Re what? I'm in a hurry."
Mexico: "don't say re-treads in front of customers or your fired"

Posted by: 3ghh54 ()
Date: January 26, 2022 04:02PM

ssd

Posted by: e4rhy53 ()
Date: December 13, 2022 08:52PM

what a coincidence, USA makes large tires that are a huge penalty for asia to sell in usa due to shipping costs ...

and "the walmart/clinton market" no longer likes large tires

the coincidences just never stop with democrats

Posted by: Wun Hung Low ()
Date: December 14, 2022 04:58PM

Re serree god tiles! Bes tiles anylhere. Lhy you not rikee oul good tiles? Asshore

Posted by: 22233445 ()
Date: January 15, 2024 03:26AM

MEANWHILE, asian car ground clearances have been going DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, not for cornering ability: to insure your car is "more easily damaged", to force you to "upgrade" to SUV, to penny pinch metal off you (axel strut metals), etc

asshole asians

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.