HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS to go back to Virtual Learning because of Omicron
Posted by: FCPS Insider ()
Date: December 25, 2021 09:59AM

With the Omicron numbers increasing there is a VERY HIGH likelihood that FCPS will resume virtual learning for all students. Right now they're just talking about a couple weeks, but it would depend on the numbers.

A number of parents are concerned about the variant and some of them are talking about pulling their kids out or demanding the virtual option given at the beginning of the year.

There is also a shortage (crisis really) of bus drivers and subs. This is just all adding up to the point where it makes the most sense to close. The county just does not have the capacity to continue in person operation while also following the quarantine mandates. So if a staff member tests positive and has to isolate, there simply aren't enough other staff members to pick up the slack.

It would be better to announce this now and in an orderly fashion so as not to have to wait until there are staff shortages in schools/transportation (causing security concerns as well). That doesn't mean the school board and Brabrand will. It just means if this closure springs up all of a sudden, you'll know it has been planned. Last I heard they were still waiting on a plan for food distribution.

If you have a child in FCPS, you should be looking for a babysitter or making arrangements to stay home and watch them yourselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS to go back to Virtual Learning because of Omicron
Posted by: ridndwv ()
Date: December 25, 2021 10:40AM

Posted by: Former FCPS bus driver ()
Date: December 25, 2021 10:50AM

No big shocker that the county is short on bus drivers. I drove for two school years. About half of these kids are heathens with no manners whatsoever. I had one kid pull out a knife and slash 7 seat cushions, I stopped the bus and called for the cops. The school principal gave the kid a week of in school suspension and that kid was back on my bus in a couple days. Fuck that I quit at the end of the school year.

Posted by: Beltway Bob ()
Date: December 25, 2021 10:55AM

So the most vaxxed place in the state is going to close schools again. It almost makes you think that the shots and masks and all the other bullshit don't work. LMAO!!!

Congrats to libtards though...they have been good at scaring the dim bulbs of the public.

Posted by: oldster from yore ()
Date: December 25, 2021 11:00AM

Dang, am I ever glad that we moved the heck out of Northern Virginia.

Posted by: another bus driver ()
Date: December 25, 2021 11:36AM

Former FCPS bus driver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No big shocker that the county is short on bus
> drivers. I drove for two school years. About half
> of these kids are heathens with no manners
> whatsoever. I had one kid pull out a knife and
> slash 7 seat cushions, I stopped the bus and
> called for the cops. The school principal gave the
> kid a week of in school suspension and that kid
> was back on my bus in a couple days. Fuck that I
> quit at the end of the school year.

The white kids are the worst.

Posted by: Dick Trickle ()
Date: December 25, 2021 01:44PM

another bus driver Wrote:
> Former FCPS bus driver Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No big shocker that the county is short on bus
> > drivers. I drove for two school years. About
> half
> > of these kids are heathens with no manners
> > whatsoever. I had one kid pull out a knife and
> > slash 7 seat cushions, I stopped the bus and
> > called for the cops. The school principal gave
> the
> > kid a week of in school suspension and that kid
> > was back on my bus in a couple days. Fuck that
> I
> > quit at the end of the school year.
>
>
> The white kids are the worst.

Understandable. I'd be angry as hell also if I was white and had to go to FCPS. They should be angry.

Posted by: Teacher bro ()
Date: December 25, 2021 02:35PM

It’s a good idea to go back to virtual. The benefits are numerous and student safety is our top priority.

Posted by: FCPS sucks dogshit ()
Date: December 25, 2021 05:40PM

Beltway Bob Wrote:
> So the most vaxxed place in the state is going to
> close schools again. It almost makes you think
> that the shots and masks and all the other
> bullshit don't work. LMAO!!!
>
> Congrats to libtards though...they have been good
> at scaring the dim bulbs of the public.

FCPS will close because those fat fucking worthless stupid assholes don’t want to work. They want to sit on their asses all day watching talk shows, eating their chips, and other snacks and get a paycheck like they did in 2020. Ho ho ho merry christmas, they are praying right now they can relive the dream!

Posted by: Who benefits ()
Date: December 25, 2021 10:43PM

Teacher bro Wrote:
> It’s a good idea to go back to virtual. The
> benefits are numerous and student safety is our
> top priority.

Teachers who just want to get paid for doing nothing. Everyone knows remote learning is a joke. So are public schools. Time to defund them and privatize education

Posted by: Sadly OP is probably right ()
Date: December 26, 2021 01:50AM

My kid’s school won’t close because they wear masks and I’ve been told for a year and a half that Science proved masks stop Covid.

Fun fact, my whole family got Covid, probably omicron. Vaxxed parents essentially had the flu, unvaxxed kid had no symptoms. Wouldn’t have gotten tested if we didn’t already have at home tests.

Posted by: ghndfghtndgh ()
Date: December 26, 2021 08:40AM

They were talking about this at Oakton high school. The admin is aware of the potential closing and I imagine most schools have had a conversation.

Posted by: Nope111 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 11:22AM

There was already a lot of passed saying that there has to be an in-person option, schools will not close no matter what the situation because of this law in VA. You can look up this law and it tells you all of the wording but there's no way schools will close this year and go purely virtual for any amount of time, unless we go over five snow days and then there will be zoom days.

Posted by: Nova00 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 11:22AM

There was already a lot of passed saying that there has to be an in-person option, schools will not close no matter what the situation because of this law in VA. You can look up this law and it tells you all of the wording but there's no way schools will close this year and go purely virtual for any amount of time, unless we go over five snow days and then there will be zoom days.

Posted by: Nova00 ()
Date: December 26, 2021 11:23AM

The above should have said a law passed.

Posted by: Teacher Bro is a troll ()
Date: December 26, 2021 11:45AM

Won't happen. The performance numbers for 2020-21's online year were appalling with economically marginal students, minorities and ESL students being hardest hit. FCPS leaders won't want to hear that the FCPS administration is abandoning its duty to educated Farifax's neediest kids. Plus with an incoming Republican governor and attorney general there will be no cover from the state.

Posted by: unhinged libtards ()
Date: December 26, 2021 11:53AM

Nova00 Wrote:
> The above should have said a law passed.

A law? You know we're picking and choosing which laws we want to follow these days, right? Liberals don't follow laws they don't like.

And libtards don't really give a damn about "marginalized kids". They wheel them out when it suits their agenda, but don't give a fuck about them when it doesn't.

Posted by: What is your solution? ()
Date: December 26, 2021 12:46PM

It’s easy to bitch and moan, point fingers, call people names, and complain. For those of you doing that, what are your ideas to help work the problem? I’d be interested in seeing/hearing some constructive conversation that can actually help people.

And yes, I know, threads like this aren’t the place to find constructive problem solving. Prove me wrong.

Posted by: Hahahahaha ()
Date: December 26, 2021 01:10PM

You are funny. In racist privileged and prejudiced Virginia, especially FCPS, no one gives a fuck about minorities or marginalized anybody. Only rich whiteys matter. Hahahahahaha!!!!

Posted by: serious question ()
Date: December 26, 2021 01:26PM

What is your solution? Wrote:
> It’s easy to bitch and moan, point fingers, call
> people names, and complain. For those of you
> doing that, what are your ideas to help work the
> problem? I’d be interested in seeing/hearing
> some constructive conversation that can actually
> help people.
>
> And yes, I know, threads like this aren’t the
> place to find constructive problem solving. Prove
> me wrong.

A solution to what?

FCPS is not the only school system in the US.

The problem is that you have created a system of liberal policies filled with liberal individuals. That is like prostate cancer. It won't kill you in the first few years but over the long haul it will. Your first problem is to stop all the libtarded policies and behaviors in FCPS. If YOU don't think that's a problem, then there's nothing to discuss.

Most people have solved the problem by either moving themselves or taking their kids out and putting them in private schools. The people that voted for this shit should be forced to keep their kids in FCPS.

Posted by: The truth be known ()
Date: December 26, 2021 02:26PM

^^^^

FCPS doesn’t give two shits if your stupid rugrats goes to FFX public school or not. They still gonna get their property taxes. Fuck you!!

Posted by: elementary mom ()
Date: December 26, 2021 03:46PM

Is this going to be for all fairfax county schools? What about elementary students? This is going to create a lot of prolbems for parents if we don't have enough notice to find a place for our kids. Why are they always so secretive about everything... So frustrating

Posted by: CONTROL ()
Date: December 26, 2021 03:54PM

conditioning and control

Posted by: Choose. ()
Date: December 26, 2021 10:09PM

FCPS knows there's going to be a lot of problems if they don't make a move. I'm hearing they're trying to figure out a way to use the extra days built into the calendar to tack onto the end of the year and close for a couple weeks until this surge is over.They can't staff a system where a bunch of teachers are sick or quarantined. Trying to teach when 25% of the students are out sick one week and then back the next is impossible. FCPS knows teachers will quit if they get told to do concurrent again. They also know parents will raise holy hell if their children get sent back to virtual because there's no staff and other children are allowed to continue in person especially in special education.

A lot of non-white parents will probably refuse to send their kids back after break if numbers are high. Those kids are already either really ahead or really behind academically. Going back to virtual school for a couple weeks isn't going to make a difference for them.

Posted by: Concerned FC Parent ()
Date: December 27, 2021 09:14AM

I thought Biden said he was going to fix all of this?

Posted by: FCPS sucks big time ()
Date: December 27, 2021 09:02PM

FCPS have early dismissal if someone makes a smelly fart. If it lightly rains, they have late arrival. Basically, these fucking assholes hate their jobs and prefer to sit at home and get a paycheck. They are lazy, stupid, and unethical.

Posted by: The inside dirt ()
Date: December 27, 2021 11:17PM

Maybe 10 years ago I talked with an FCPS official about why they closed school for a storm that was supposed to start midday rather than start on time and then close early if the storm actually arose. She told me they couldn't get the busses back to the schools for early dismissal. If they think it likely schools might have to close down early they don't open in the first place.

Posted by: FCPS sucks dick ()
Date: December 30, 2021 12:06PM

Winning an FCPS award means you are an extra large asshole. On the asshole scale from 1 to 10, you are above a 10. Congratulations you fucking asshole!

Posted by: Fuck You Nogs! ()
Date: December 30, 2021 01:12PM

Stop having kids if you want the County to babysit your little shits!!

Posted by: Now official! ()
Date: December 30, 2021 04:40PM

"All students and staff at the school will transition to synchronous virtual learning to ensure continuity of learning until in-person instruction can resume"

https://www.fcps.edu/return-school/return-school-safety/protocols-potential-temporary-covid-19-closure

Posted by: thank goodnesss ()
Date: December 30, 2021 06:08PM

There is nothing worse or more deadly than having a cold during the cold. Especially when you are standing at a bus stop and a derecho polar vortex is swirling and slamming the virus around everyone standing there. Infecting Everyone!

Posted by: a sophomore ()
Date: December 31, 2021 06:49AM

I am totally down with virtual learning. I am going to finish high school with virtual learning then I am going to get a college degree with virtual learning. I will then work a virtual job from home for 35 years or so then I will stay home to enjoy my retirement. I would like to work for Amazon or the federal government.

Posted by: a teacher 2 ()
Date: December 31, 2021 04:21PM

I am calling out sick on Monday if they have school maybe Tuesday too!

Posted by: man who is taxed ()
Date: December 31, 2021 07:43PM

lazy fuck^

Posted by: Happy New Year BTW ()
Date: January 01, 2022 12:41AM

When do all these people getting tested from Thursday through Sunday get their test results?

As half of everyone I know is getting Covid (all mildly sick) I have to imagine at least 10-20% of these tests come back positive.

Will these results be the justification to shut down for a week, go back to virtual or something else?

Posted by: Testerinos ()
Date: January 01, 2022 10:08AM

Happy New Year BTW Wrote:
> When do all these people getting tested from
> Thursday through Sunday get their test results?
>
> As half of everyone I know is getting Covid (all
> mildly sick) I have to imagine at least 10-20% of
> these tests come back positive.
>
> Will these results be the justification to shut
> down for a week, go back to virtual or something
> else?

FCPS has already shut down some testing sites.

Posted by: Miss Crabapple ()
Date: January 01, 2022 11:19AM

I tell you, it sure feels like we’re waiting a Snow Day announcement!

I doubt my own FCPS kid will return this week or next.

Posted by: special Ed ()
Date: January 01, 2022 12:08PM

Gatehouse sent out a text this morning.

"All teachers need to be ready to go to full virtual learning at a moments notice."

Posted by: special Ed is a troll ()
Date: January 01, 2022 12:35PM

No they didn't.

Posted by: whole lot of testing ()
Date: January 01, 2022 12:42PM

"Saturday, January 1: COVID-19 Testing At Capacity"

"COVID-19 testing for symptomatic FCPS students and staff at South County High School Saturday, January 1 is at capacity as of 10 a.m. The testing clinic will open Sunday, January 2, at 9 a.m. Testing is for symptomatic students and staff only and is not required to return to school or work."

https://www.fcps.edu/blog/return-winter-break

Posted by: Get Ready ()
Date: January 01, 2022 05:46PM

The test results from Thursday are starting to come back. FCPS admins are getting a lot of emails from staff who tested positive. FCPS doesn't want to release the numbers of positive cases because other teachers will panic and parents will refuse to send their children to school. There are already few subs and the existing subs started cancelling jobs at the beginning of winter break. They'll try to open on Monday but you can expect a lot of no-shows for bus transportation.

Posted by: Scott James ()
Date: January 01, 2022 10:47PM

They should go back to virtual for a few weeks. This is by far the biggest wave since this began. It should start abating in the third week in January and this would be a more reasonable time to go back to in person. With the teachers getting sick and the lack of substitutes seems like in school will be a mess anyway until this waves passes.

Posted by: Rick James ()
Date: January 01, 2022 10:56PM

I don’t like cocaine I just like the way it smells.

https://youtu.be/iWa-6g-TbgI
Attachments:
05FC2CCE-CFDA-4783-ADD6-5D6A7D4871B5.gif
4BCECCAE-E2B4-4783-9558-349DB8557843.gif

Posted by: rahrahsisboombah ()
Date: January 02, 2022 01:46AM

School's out for the summer!

School's out FOReVER!

Posted by: julia ()
Date: January 02, 2022 08:50AM

The testing sites are shut down according to their twitter account. This is crazy.

Posted by: .FCPSer. ()
Date: January 02, 2022 11:09AM

Hey FCPOS insider can you have that WSHS teacher that loves ass sex sooooooo much give me a buzz. I'd love to get insider again. Thanks in advance

Posted by: Educate like it’s 1999 ()
Date: January 02, 2022 11:58AM

Half of everyone I know is testing positive and all with mild cases… like the common cold.

It’s time to admit this isn’t the pandemic of two years ago and show some confidence in the vaccines we keep trying to force upon people.

Let’s go back to 2019: if you’re sick stay home, if not go to work/class. Stop with the obsessive testing and quarantining.

If following the above you are still short subs and drivers then call snow days/go virtual for a few days. Not three weeks though.

Posted by: faculty ()
Date: January 02, 2022 12:12PM

Educate like it’s 1999 Wrote:
> Half of everyone I know is testing positive and
> all with mild cases… like the common cold.
>
> It’s time to admit this isn’t the pandemic of
> two years ago and show some confidence in the
> vaccines we keep trying to force upon people.
>
> Let’s go back to 2019: if you’re sick stay
> home, if not go to work/class. Stop with the
> obsessive testing and quarantining.
>
> If following the above you are still short subs
> and drivers then call snow days/go virtual for a
> few days. Not three weeks though.

You are retarded.

Posted by: The Double Truth Ruth ()
Date: January 02, 2022 12:49PM

Educate like it’s 1999 Wrote:
> Let’s go back to 2019: if you’re sick stay
> home, if not go to work/class. Stop with the
> obsessive testing and quarantining.

In 2019 if they were sick they got an Advil and went to school.

Posted by: vomitorium ()
Date: January 02, 2022 01:01PM

When FCPS opens tomorrow it is going to be a show. Kids will be barfing everywhere. Custodians get your mops ready!

Posted by: Teacher fcps ()
Date: January 02, 2022 02:51PM

I got tested Thursday morning during the window for testing staff only. In theory I should be among the first group of people to get test results. Waited for 3 hours to get tested. As far as I could tell, there was only 1 person swabbing noses for the entire line of cars. I still have not received my results. My guess is that there are a whole lot of other staff and students that are in the same boat. How will we implement the “test to stay” program if we can’t get timely test results?

Posted by: The Covid ()
Date: January 02, 2022 03:29PM

Teacher fcps Wrote:
> I got tested Thursday morning during the window
> for testing staff only. In theory I should be
> among the first group of people to get test
> results. Waited for 3 hours to get tested. As far
> as I could tell, there was only 1 person swabbing
> noses for the entire line of cars. I still have
> not received my results. My guess is that there
> are a whole lot of other staff and students that
> are in the same boat. How will we implement the
> “test to stay” program if we can’t get
> timely test results?

Here's what I do, when it's time to show up at my job I show up.

Posted by: FCPS sucks dick ()
Date: January 02, 2022 03:34PM

Does not matter if they open or close, FCPS is full of idiots!

Posted by: Julia B. ()
Date: January 02, 2022 04:35PM

FCPS sucks dick Wrote:
> Does not matter if they open or close, FCPS is
> full of idiots!

In reality FCPS is one of the best school systems in the world.

Posted by: Another Student ()
Date: January 02, 2022 06:16PM

Julia B. Wrote:
> FCPS sucks dick Wrote:
> -----
> > Does not matter if they open or close, FCPS is
> > full of idiots!
>
> In reality FCPS is one of the best school systems
> in the world.

Please, plese clothes school. I don't want to go their.

Posted by: dickmoe ()
Date: January 02, 2022 07:53PM

Another Student Wrote:
> Julia B. Wrote:
> -----
> > FCPS sucks dick Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Does not matter if they open or close, FCPS
> is
> > > full of idiots!
> >
> > In reality FCPS is one of the best school
> systems
> > in the world.
>
> Please, plese clothes school. I don't want to go
> their.

good deal. Never compromise student safety.

Posted by: Kilmer Dad ()
Date: January 02, 2022 08:06PM

Posted by: Another Student ()
Date: January 02, 2022 11:41PM

Thank ew for clothing school. I hate it theyre.

Posted by: 11th grader ()
Date: January 03, 2022 07:16AM

So happy that motherfuckin school is closed today. Coupla my bros are commin over after my mom goes to work. we are gonnd blaze a big blunt and drink somw booze. Fuck yeah by the time mom gets home from work I will be passed out and shit!!!

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 03, 2022 08:57AM

Julia B. Wrote:
>
> in the world.

There are over 13,000 public school districts in the U.S. Thanks to chronic underfunding of education in much of the country it isn't that difficult for a wealthy area such as Fairfax to be in the top 10%, or even the top 5%. Some of us though remember a time when FCPS was in the top 1-2%. We are moving in the wrong direction. Growth and changing area demographics didn't make this inevitable. It has been the result of deliberate policy decisions by those who run FCPS.

Posted by: School Board Issues ()
Date: January 03, 2022 10:42AM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Julia B. Wrote:
> -----
> >
> systems
> > in the world.
>
> There are over 13,000 public school districts in
> the U.S. Thanks to chronic underfunding of
> education in much of the country it isn't that
> difficult for a wealthy area such as Fairfax to be
> in the top 10%, or even the top 5%. Some of us
> though remember a time when FCPS was in the top
> 1-2%. We are moving in the wrong direction.
> Growth and changing area demographics didn't make
> this inevitable. It has been the result of
> deliberate policy decisions by those who run FCPS.

Those that made the policy decisions were elected by the people of Fairfax county. We have no one to blame but ourselves. Everyone wants to blame FCPS, but FCPS is run by the people we elected. How many of us spent time over the years trying to get good candidates to run for school board and helping them get elected? The people with the crazy ideas have outworked us.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: January 03, 2022 12:12PM

Part of the problem is that the right people with the right resumes won't even consider running. The candidates who did run last time and lost may have been decent people. They had little name recognition, even among those people who pay attention to education issues in the County.

The other part is turnout. It is pathetic in years when the school board is chosen. In 2019 it was under 50%. If everyone who voted for Trump had turned out in 2019 and voted for the Republican at large candidates they would have won two at-large seats.

Posted by: Suck my dick ()
Date: January 03, 2022 12:28PM

Yes in shit world not the real world.

Posted by: FCPS is a shit show ()
Date: January 03, 2022 12:37PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
> Julia B. Wrote:
> -----
> >
> systems
> > in the world.
>
> There are over 13,000 public school districts in
> the U.S. Thanks to chronic underfunding of
> education in much of the country it isn't that
> difficult for a wealthy area such as Fairfax to be
> in the top 10%, or even the top 5%. Some of us
> though remember a time when FCPS was in the top
> 1-2%. We are moving in the wrong direction.
> Growth and changing area demographics didn't make
> this inevitable. It has been the result of
> deliberate policy decisions by those who run FCPS.

FCPS is a shit show full of fat stupid mentally ill corrupt assholes that are fucking up young lives.

Posted by: Smell my crotch ()
Date: January 03, 2022 12:39PM

Julia B. Wrote:
> FCPS sucks dick Wrote:
> -----
> > Does not matter if they open or close, FCPS is
> > full of idiots!
>
> in the world.

And then you woke up. It really is not the best even in the U.S.

Posted by: It's for real now ()
Date: January 03, 2022 02:46PM

Maybe.

Posted by: dfxyv ()
Date: January 03, 2022 06:47PM

FCPS is a shit show Wrote:
>
> FCPS is a shit show full of fat stupid mentally
> ill corrupt assholes that are fucking up young
> lives.

People like you are a just as much a part of the problem as the woke crowd.

Posted by: Plop ()
Date: January 03, 2022 11:48PM

dfxyv Wrote:
> FCPS is a shit show Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > FCPS is a shit show full of fat stupid mentally
> > ill corrupt assholes that are fucking up young
> > lives.
>
> People like you are a just as much a part of the
> problem as the woke crowd.

The problem is the shitty FCPS farce. Overpaid assholes that do nothing. They are not worth 2 cents.

Posted by: gatehouse2022 ()
Date: January 04, 2022 07:22AM

The announcement comes today. 90% virtual. Only special ed and vocational classes will be taught in person. Limited athletic practice allowed on a case by case basis to be determined by the school principal and the athletic director.

Posted by: It's the Biden way! ()
Date: January 04, 2022 09:21AM

Fucking lazy assed FCPS teachers. We can source this shit out to India or somewhere and save millions of dollars. Why pay benefits and retirement when you can have one dot head instructor virtually teach thousands of kids all at the same time?

Posted by: fe233 ()
Date: January 04, 2022 12:03PM

Now the seasonal flu is categorized as covid-19 so the communist dem trash can push for lockdowns and promote their supporters-big pharma giving them $ to push this bullshit.

Posted by: 328493ibhhub ()
Date: January 04, 2022 12:05PM

We should threaten the FCPS unions with summary execution if they don't get their asses into the classroom.

Posted by: future teacher ()
Date: January 05, 2022 05:29AM

It's the Biden way! Wrote:
> Fucking lazy assed FCPS teachers. We can source
> this shit out to India or somewhere and save
> millions of dollars. Why pay benefits and
> retirement when you can have one dot head
> instructor virtually teach thousands of kids all
> at the same time?

I know you are joking but there could be some truth to that. With the virtual learning we really could cut the staff of middle and high schools in half.

Posted by: faculty 2022 ()
Date: January 05, 2022 06:45AM

The bottom line here is that there is no other acceptable course of action other than returning to 90% virtual learning. FCPS already lost two children and 5 staff members to the covid.

Posted by: Asdfghjkl ()
Date: January 05, 2022 09:18AM

faculty 2022 Wrote:
> The bottom line here is that there is no other
> acceptable course of action other than returning
> to 90% virtual learning. FCPS already lost two
> children and 5 staff members to the covid.

7 out of 250,000 staff and students?

By “already” you mean over two years… but beware, we are encountering the most mild strain yet.

Posted by: Omireal ()
Date: January 05, 2022 10:03AM

Unfortunately Omicron is hitting the youth harder than the other strains. Also, as contagious as it is, even with masks, will spread like wildfire in the classrooms. Seems wisest to let this variant cool off before returning to the classrooms.

Posted by: The panicked primadonna ()
Date: January 05, 2022 12:20PM

The Double Truth Ruth Wrote:
> Educate like it’s 1999 Wrote:
> -----
> > Let’s go back to 2019: if you’re sick stay
> > home, if not go to work/class. Stop with the
> > obsessive testing and quarantining.
>
> In 2019 if they were sick they got an Advil and
> went to school.

Stop talking about ancient history! This is a PANDEMIC that we're dealing with. Just because it seems like a cold with regular cold symptoms does not mean that it is just a cold!

Posted by: CA disagrees ()
Date: January 05, 2022 12:31PM

Omireal Wrote:
> Unfortunately Omicron is hitting the youth harder
> than the other strains. Also, as contagious as it
> is, even with masks, will spread like wildfire in
> the classrooms. Seems wisest to let this variant
> cool off before returning to the classrooms.

COVID: California blows through record for new daily cases as omicron surges

Cases are skyrocketing, the number of patients in the hospital is growing, but boosters are helping

PUBLISHED: January 4, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
UPDATED: January 5, 2022 at 7:47 a.m.

The numbers from the holiday weekend are in — and California has broken every record for new coronavirus cases. Obliterated them, actually.

The California Department of Public Health reported more than 230,000 new cases on Tuesday, more than twice as many as has been reported in a single day before. The holiday data dump brings California’s closely-watched 7-day average of new daily cases to a record high of 45,466 — nearly doubling the data available the day before. That figure appears poised to soar past 50,000 average daily cases as new data is confirmed and the highly contagious omicron variant continues its head-spinning spread...

In a previous generation of the pandemic, nearly every county in California would be solidly purple — the most restrictive level among the state’s past lockdown protocols. But with better treatments and evidence that the omicron variant so far causes less severe illness, public health measures are less dramatic. Indoor mask mandates are still in, but most businesses remain open. Nursing homes and assisted leave facilities will adopt new vaccine and negative-testing requirements for visitors starting Friday. Stanford and other universities are starting the new term online, and Stanford is limiting spectators at indoor sporting events, but K-12 schools are keeping kids in class.

“We’re not shutting anything down,” Breed said. “This is not 2020.”

Posted by: Do it ()
Date: January 05, 2022 07:41PM

future teacher Wrote:
> It's the Biden way! Wrote:
> -----
> > Fucking lazy assed FCPS teachers. We can source
> > this shit out to India or somewhere and save
> > millions of dollars. Why pay benefits and
> > retirement when you can have one dot head
> > instructor virtually teach thousands of kids
> all
> > at the same time?
>
> I know you are joking but there could be some
> truth to that. With the virtual learning we really
> could cut the staff of middle and high schools in
> half.

It would save a ton of money, even though no one wants to admit it. The kids who are still reading at a second grade level by middle school aren't going to suddenly catch up. These students take up a lot of resources in person and most end up passing even though they're illiterate. They won't show up to virtual school either but at least they aren't disrupting class anymore.

Posted by: staff member ()
Date: January 05, 2022 07:54PM

80/20

80% virtual. ONLY way to go at this point.

Posted by: asst manager ()
Date: January 05, 2022 09:58PM

staff member Wrote:
> 80/20
>
> 80% virtual. ONLY way to go at this point.

All the decent white kids are in private school anyway, who fucking cares.

Posted by: Scared silly ()
Date: January 05, 2022 11:11PM

fe233 Wrote:
> Now the seasonal flu is categorized as covid-19 so
> the communist dem trash can push for lockdowns and
> promote their supporters-big pharma giving them $
> to push this bullshit.

No. The flu is still the flu because you can still get a flu shot.

Covid 19, variants: Delta & Omicron = the new cold

Sometimes Fluvid happens when Flu + Covid have a baby.

Posted by: FCPS teacher longtime ()
Date: January 07, 2022 05:12PM

It sure was nice having this whole week off and still getting paid. Virtual learning has some serious limitations but what the heck half of my students speak Korean as their first language and are hardly learning anything anyway.

Posted by: Johnny Covid ()
Date: January 07, 2022 05:52PM

The panicked primadonna Wrote:
> The Double Truth Ruth Wrote:
> -----
> > Educate like it’s 1999 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Let’s go back to 2019: if you’re sick
> stay
> > > home, if not go to work/class. Stop with the
> > > obsessive testing and quarantining.
> >
> > In 2019 if they were sick they got an Advil and
> > went to school.
>
> Stop talking about ancient history! This is a
> PANDEMIC that we're dealing with. Just because it
> seems like a cold with regular cold symptoms does
> not mean that it is just a cold!

I had an early version of Covid back in April 2020.

12 straight weeks of headaches, short term memory loss and lime disease like fatigue

By week 8 I was ready to off myself

You ever have a code that made you think of suicide?? Covid ain’t no cold for some pekpke

Posted by: FCPS kills ()
Date: January 09, 2022 03:01PM

Schools are going to give in-person learning a shot starting tomorrow. I wonder how many students and staff will die because of this.

Posted by: Rare survivor of Covid ()
Date: January 10, 2022 11:53AM

FCPS kills Wrote:
> Schools are going to give in-person learning a
> shot starting tomorrow. I wonder how many students
> and staff will die because of this.

This is definitely going to kill all the teachers and students over the age of 85. I predict none will be left by the end of the year.

It’s just a shame they are going back. The last three weeks of no school had really stopped the virus dead in its tracks.

Posted by: i know right ()
Date: January 10, 2022 12:24PM

Rare survivor of Covid Wrote:
> FCPS kills Wrote:
> -----
> > Schools are going to give in-person learning a
> > shot starting tomorrow. I wonder how many
> students
> > and staff will die because of this.
>
> This is definitely going to kill all the teachers
> and students over the age of 85. I predict none
> will be left by the end of the year.
>
> It’s just a shame they are going back. The last
> three weeks of no school had really stopped the
> virus dead in its tracks.

All the unvaxxed died last year so I'm not sure how this thing keeps going.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.