HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Crazy female employee/volunteer - Annandale Salvation Army
Posted by: Donating Dan ()
Date: July 17, 2010 05:13PM

Short version:

Short fat furious parking-lot nazi at Salvation Army in Annandale. Any other experiences?

Longer Version:

A couple of weeks ago, I made a donation at the Annandale Salvation Army on Little River Turnpike at Braddock Road.

If you've been there, you know you make the donation behind the facility, and then when you come around you are at a Y-junction, where your lane and the parking lane (both 1-way) come together to the exit.

After coming around from the donation area, I saw a short, middle-aged blondish woman getting into a minivan immediately at that corner and pull out of her spot. My brother, who was in the car with me, decided he wanted to go into the store to see what was in, so we decided to take her spot when she left.

She waited at the Y junction and waved us through, and we waved her through. We knew we would be going the wrong way down the parking lane, but only for about 6' as we were going to park in the spot she was vacating.

She refused to go through, and flailed her arms madly at us until she finally sped off. We darted through and took her spot, and proceeded to walk up to the entrance.

The woman comes flying around the lane again, and screeches to a stop just in front of us. She parks (illegally, blocking the lane) and barrels out SCREAMING that we were going the wrong way and she was going to call the police.

We are both completely caught off-guard and explain that we went the wrong way for an incredibly short distance, with no oncoming traffic, but she continues screaming, so we just laugh her tirade off. She pushed her way in front of us and ran into the back of the store as we entered.

However, we were both so unnerved by the whole situation that we decided to leave immediately before the situation got worse.

I didn't realize until we left that she had sped around, most likely intending to block us from proceeding so she could cause a much greater confrontation.

I assumed the whole thing was just some random stressed-out NoVA driver, until I was out at lunch with two coworkers, and retold the story. They BOTH had had similar incidents with this woman being some kind of salvation-army nazi.

One coworker got yelled at while trying to reverse around donations strewn about the back, and the other got yelled at for some violation inside the store (I forget the offense)..

Has anyone else had a similar incident with this woman?

If she is an employee of Salvation Army, which is supposed to build working skills in people otherwise disadvantaged in the workforce, I can't imagine how bad it must be for them.

She also drives away customers, as we were both so unnerved by her irrational behavior that we left without buying anything.

Looking forward to your crazy-woman-at-Salvation-Army experiences, which I am sure will be 100% serious and factual :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crazy female employee/volunteer - Annandale Salvation Army
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 17, 2010 05:15PM

Next time pull out your own phone and threaten to call the police to report a public disturbance and threatening behavior.

Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: July 17, 2010 05:35PM

Are you talking about the hard-up looking lady who approaches customers and offers them free blowjobs and leaves lipstick stains on their dicks?

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: donating hassles ()
Date: July 17, 2010 06:26PM

that's why I only donate to landfills.

Posted by: LuLu ()
Date: July 17, 2010 06:28PM

She's more than likely a recovering addict. A lot of people don't know it, but in the office areas behind the Salvation Army there is a type of rehab center. People go there after medical detox. It's sort of a half way house where they live sober and work in the store and are given a heavy dose of religion.

I found out about it a number of years ago when one of my neighbors stayed there for about 6 months. His life was *so* screwed up with booze and drugs, but they sort of helped him.

So yeah, the parking lot nazi probably has a long history of similar issues.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 17, 2010 08:06PM

She reminds of a lady at the Reston Festival who tried to tell a family member of mine that he couldn't drive down a designated "One-Way" zone, despite the fact that there was no traffic, and it was the only way to get to a required area. She said: "NO, you can't do that, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!", and he said: "Watch me". She thought he'd bow down to her, but when she saw that he wasn't fazed, she was taken aback, and she then replied: "Oh, ok then, have a nice day". It was like a freaking Jedi Mind trick! I know if I had tried it, I probably would've gotten into serious trouble, but this particular individual always manages to get people on the right side of an issue somehow.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 18, 2010 09:32AM

LuLu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She's more than likely a recovering addict. A lot
> of people don't know it, but in the office areas
> behind the Salvation Army there is a type of rehab
> center. People go there after medical detox.

The Salvation Army helps drunks? Who Knew?????

Oh yeah, everybody.

Posted by: Piggy ()
Date: July 18, 2010 06:00PM

I too have had a run in with her when I dontated a car to the Salvation Army a few years back. One of the supervisors asked me to drive it over beyond that same Y junction since the donated car spots were full. I just stuck my middle finger right in her face and walked away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 06:02PM by Piggy.

Posted by: mikemj ()
Date: November 06, 2014 10:14PM

First of the salvation army does not help only drunks they help millions of people especially children I was a resident at the exact location and no she is not at all affiliated with the salvation army they do not house woman there and she certainly is not an employee. They do not detox anyone there that's the hospitals thing however they did save my life and for that I strive daily to try and help others thank you .doing the most good mike magruder

Posted by: gerry's mom ()
Date: November 06, 2014 11:35PM

Sounds like typical libtard feminazi behavior.

Posted by: Your Mom ()
Date: November 07, 2014 05:27AM

soounds like typical republitard behavior. Probably a distant relative of Palin.

Posted by: WTHolyF ()
Date: November 07, 2014 02:38PM

I'll have nothing to do with the Salvation Army since this incident several years ago: I had a couch that I'd thoroughly vacuumed, little wear, that I was going to donate so called them to pick it up. I wasn't home at the time, but when I got back the couch was still there with a note that they couldn't take it as it had cat hair on it! Well, Jesus H Christ on a Stick---of course if might have had a tiny bit of cat hair as I had four cats! I turned around and donated it to Goodwill with no questions asked.

Posted by: The Rock ()
Date: November 07, 2014 03:59PM

Nothing a crisp five finger open palmed slap to the face could'nt have rectified!

try it next time it works!

Posted by: I Hear Ya ()
Date: November 07, 2014 04:17PM

WTHolyF Wrote:
> I'll have nothing to do with the Salvation Army
> since this incident several years ago: I had a
> couch that I'd thoroughly vacuumed, little wear,
> that I was going to donate so called them to pick
> it up. I wasn't home at the time, but when I got
> back the couch was still there with a note that
> they couldn't take it as it had cat hair on it!
> Well, Jesus H Christ on a Stick---of course if
> might have had a tiny bit of cat hair as I had
> four cats! I turned around and donated it to
> Goodwill with no questions asked.

These places can be awfully picky. I had a similar situation with Goodwill - they wouldn't pick up the large toys I put in the driveway because they had morning dew. Go figure.

Posted by: Billy Whack ()
Date: November 07, 2014 05:14PM

Just another reason why I love to piss in the red kettle when no one looks.

Fuck the Salvation Army and its bums!

Posted by: WTHolyF ()
Date: November 09, 2014 01:30AM

@I Hear Ya: Yup, as I figure beggars can't be choosers. Today I went by my local Giant and there was a Sally (as the Brits say) noise polluter with her noisy bell. I recall that back in my parents' hometown they wouldn't allow them to ring their nasty bells in the local mall--they had to have a sign that that said "Ding Dong Ding Dong" instead to avoid pissing everyone off!

Posted by: 3mkio0 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 10:30AM

Not in Annandale but, I learned the hard way that you have to dress to impress at Goodwill in Fairfax or you will be mis-treated.
They keep fake designer purses in case and guard them like they are diamonds. I asked the retarded employee if I could see a purse in the case and She grimaced and seemed to want to say No.
As She got the key, I heard her and the manager talking behind my back. The manager said " Well She can see a bag but, She can't have a bag "

Posted by: mjs82 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 02:50PM

Troll@AOL Wrote:
> Are you talking about the hard-up looking lady who
> approaches customers and offers them free blowjobs
> and leaves lipstick stains on their dicks?

Yes thats the perfect desription of your mother...

and she will do ass to mouth for a dollar...

Posted by: pxn76 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 09:40PM

Concealed Handgun Permit.

Learn about it.

Get one.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.