HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
what happened to the caribou coffee in the Kings Park Shopping Center?
Posted by: caribou hunter ()
Date: July 17, 2010 02:53PM

Anyone know what happened to the caribou in the kings park shopping center at the corner or braddock and rolling? I went there the other day and the furniture was stacked up in front of the door and a sign said closed till further notice. Did they fail a health inspection or something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what happened to the caribou coffee in the Kings Park Shopping Center?
Posted by: why me ()
Date: July 17, 2010 04:43PM

I saw that as well. I overheard someone say that they had to call out the fire department due to a strange odor or something like that. I do know that they were back open on Thursday.

Posted by: ---- ()
Date: July 19, 2010 07:28AM

It is closed because of a sewage backup. The fire department was dispatched twice in four days because they thought it was a possible gas leak.

Posted by: CheekyMonkey ()
Date: July 19, 2010 08:19AM

Customer: "Barista, my coffee doesn't taste too good and it smells like shit."

Barista: "You are giving away our secret!"

Posted by: OOBBEE ()
Date: July 19, 2010 12:00PM

I went once and all the had for creamer was powdered...

Posted by: Caribou hunter ()
Date: July 20, 2010 12:45PM

Ahh I see, I knew it couldn't be financial because that one is always busy. Thanks for the info guys!

Posted by: Clyde ()
Date: July 20, 2010 05:38PM

I think there are bigger problems here. They have had so much turnover in staff for a long time. Some people who worked there in past complained about management. One time I go and they are brewing coffee in little pots because they can't figure how to use big canisters. Another time, there are lots of little flying gnats in the pastry display case. Too many times the men's room looks like the toilet has been used by someone with the trots.

Consider how many people come in and don't come back. If it was a sewage problem, I wonder why there was no plumber van parked in the rear. ;) I looked several times and no maintenance type vehicles are in. Someone noted this happened while Mike the asst mgr was on vacation????

Posted by: Coffee lover ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:08PM

My guess is health department problems. Looking at their inspection on 2/03/10 shows they got the worst inspection results they have ever had.

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf

Starbucks at OKM and Rolling has much better health reports! And they were due for inspection now (six months later is my guess) Worst comments were:

6-501.111(C) Critical Methods are not being used to control pests. Drain flies observed at front counter area, seating area and 3 vat sink dishwashing areas.
Insects and other pests are capable of transmitting disease to people by contaminating food and food-contact surfaces. If pests are found on the premises methods shall be used to control their presence. Eliminate pests, contact Pest Control Professional and eliminate within 10 days of today's inspection, fax a copy of service/work order to Health Dpt verifying treatment
6-501.111(D) Harborage conditions exist. Floors are dirty under equipment and shelving, water sources exist (leaking pipes), dirty floor drains contributing to presence of drain flies in facility
Insects and other pests are capable of transmitting disease to people by contaminating food and food-contact surfaces. Eliminate harborage conditions to control and prevent the presence of pests on the premises.
6-501.12(A) Observed that the floors beneath shelving by 3 vat sink, the 3 vat sink, front counters and equipment and beneath shelves in the back dry storage area are in need of a throrough cleaning.
Clean the physical facilities at a frequency necessary to ensure the protection and safe preparation of food.

Caribou Coffee Company #808 - Inspection Report

Inspection Information:
Facility Type: Full Service Restaurant
Inspection type: Routine
Inspection date: February 03, 2010
Number of critical violations: 4
Number of non-critical violations: 8

Definition of critical and non critical violations

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.

Posted by: rp ()
Date: April 23, 2011 09:56AM

I was at Caribou Coffee Kings Park and the place is going down hill ... the bathroom has been broken for so long, they did not have any soap in the dispense you can't flush the toilet because the handler is broken and it has been for a LONG TIME....I had been going there for years and I as there this morning on my Laptop, waiting for a client before purchasing any drinks or food... and one of the kids that works there came over and told me in front of everyone "that I had to purchase something" or leave".... I was chock and surprise so was everyone also....after stopping by for so many years and spending so much money at this place!!!!... I asked the kid for his name and with a smile he said "that it was David A and that he was just following instructions from his manager"

Posted by: Walker Fairfax ()
Date: April 23, 2011 06:23PM

Such establishments serving food and drink to the general public are expected to have fully working restrooms for cusomers. If a business such as Caribou does not, then it can be closed by the health inspector. Apparently this is what happened. You might want to give Health enforcement a call or send an e-mail

Posted by: Coffee lover ()
Date: July 20, 2010 06:08PM

My guess is health department problems. Looking at their inspection on 2/03/10 shows they got the worst inspection results they have ever had.

http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf

Starbucks at OKM and Rolling has much better health reports! And they were due for inspection now (six months later is my guess) Worst comments were:

6-501.111(C) Critical Methods are not being used to control pests. Drain flies observed at front counter area, seating area and 3 vat sink dishwashing areas.
Insects and other pests are capable of transmitting disease to people by contaminating food and food-contact surfaces. If pests are found on the premises methods shall be used to control their presence. Eliminate pests, contact Pest Control Professional and eliminate within 10 days of today's inspection, fax a copy of service/work order to Health Dpt verifying treatment
6-501.111(D) Harborage conditions exist. Floors are dirty under equipment and shelving, water sources exist (leaking pipes), dirty floor drains contributing to presence of drain flies in facility
Insects and other pests are capable of transmitting disease to people by contaminating food and food-contact surfaces. Eliminate harborage conditions to control and prevent the presence of pests on the premises.
6-501.12(A) Observed that the floors beneath shelving by 3 vat sink, the 3 vat sink, front counters and equipment and beneath shelves in the back dry storage area are in need of a throrough cleaning.
Clean the physical facilities at a frequency necessary to ensure the protection and safe preparation of food.

Caribou Coffee Company #808 - Inspection Report

Inspection Information:
Facility Type: Full Service Restaurant
Inspection type: Routine
Inspection date: February 03, 2010
Number of critical violations: 4
Number of non-critical violations: 8

Definition of critical and non critical violations

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.