HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hispanic guy in Maroon Toyota tried to abduct 4 year old child in FFx City
Posted by: Ttimer73 ()
Date: June 17, 2007 09:35PM

A Hispanic guy tried to pick up a 4 year old little girl on Fairview Dr last night between the hours of 5 oclock and 8 oclock . The hispanic guy was in a Toyota car Maroon color. He was caught by the police and since the little girl could not pic him out of a line up of a bunch of other hispanics the police let that piece crap go. GREAT GOING THANKS FOR DOING YOUR JOB. (OH MY DAUGHTERS THANK YOU TOO) The little girl even told the offiucer what he was wearing and he was the only one in the line up dressed like that but still they didn't care enough.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hispanic guy in Maroon Toyota tried to abduct 4 year old child in FFx City
Posted by: . ()
Date: June 17, 2007 09:51PM

Hey, moron,

Where did you hear about this? I'm assuming since you already know the case is "closed" you must be privy to the behind the scenes facts of the investigation, right? Paging Detective Ttimer73..

The testimony of a 4-year old is not universally recognized as being credible nor is it normally accepted in court testimony anyway.

Unless you can prove otherwise, I highly doubt the police "just let him go." There will be more to this story, there usually is. Remember, they may not have had enough to hold him AT THAT TIME, but if it was the suspect you can rest assured that they will be following up on him. If he did it, he will be in custody soon enough. There are other ways to develop enough probable cause to obtain an arrest warrant.

Sounds like good police work to me. They caught a suspect, fair enough. They can't just go around arresting everyone just because a 4 year old said so. Some 4 year olds have colorful imaginations, etc. Trust me, if there is a shred of truth to your story it will be investigated thoroughly. The police take this type of thing quite seriously. They are not going to arrest someone until they are certain he is their man. I would think that the anti-police loudmouths on this site could appreciate that fact more than anything else. If he was the wrong guy you all would be crucifying the police for arresting "innocent" people. Just let them do their job, please.

That is all....

Posted by: Ttimer73 ()
Date: June 17, 2007 10:07PM

Well let me tell you something I have first hand info. First off how in the heck would a four year old little girl know exactly what he was wearing if in fact he opened the door and could give enough info in order to find him.

Posted by: . ()
Date: June 17, 2007 10:10PM

And how do you know that abducting the girl was what the man was really up to?

I'll say it again, let the police do their job. If they need your assistance I am sure that they will come and ask for it. Until then, chill out and let them run the investigation.

Posted by: Bubba ()
Date: June 18, 2007 12:44AM

Ttimer73:

It sounds like you are the parent of the child, or somebody else very close to the child. So, I understand why you seem unhappy with the police right now, and will try to be gentle.

If the police arrested this guy simply because he was wearing the right kind of clothes, then lost the case in court due to improper identification -- I'm sure you'd be unhappy with that outcome, too. It sounds like the police are following proper procedure here; and while it does not offer instant gratification, we hope that it will result in a conviction IF the investigation confirms that the 4 year-old's account of events was true.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 18, 2007 07:06AM

This parent should also consider the wisdom of letting their _4 year old_ wander around for hours at dusk without an adult.

Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 18, 2007 09:10AM

j

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 04:31AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: Holden McCrank ()
Date: June 18, 2007 10:00AM

TTimer, let me get this straight: some four-year-old twit can't tell the difference between 5 and 8 o'clock, but can identify a maroon Toyota? And she can't recognize people, but can describe clothing?

Let me guess, she said something like, "He was wearing workboots and dirty jeans and had an orange hard hat and was carrying a cooler and had a flannel shirt." And then you're upset because the cops had to let him go because YOU CAN THROW A GODDAM ROCK ON FAIRVIEW AND HIT SOMEONE OF THAT DESCRIPTION.

The dude was probably just asking her if she had any work. Probably wanted to know if she'd pay him to wash her tricycle or straighten up her room or organize her collection of My Pretty Ponies.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.