HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213AllNext
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: hayfielddd ()
Date: November 06, 2022 12:04AM

Hawkdad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hayfield has had a decent season, watched them
> come back last night and beat Edison. Henderson is
> the better coach, but Aziz has done a decent job.
> I guess it helps playing in the National District
> too!

Henderson did one thing well at Hayfield and it was recruiting. All his playmakers besides Cobbs lived in Oxon Hill

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hendo ()
Date: November 06, 2022 08:00AM

That’s not true.
He got one of his best players from Lake Braddock.

Posted by: LB Dad ()
Date: November 06, 2022 08:16AM

LB sucks.. the kids suck and the parents suck! Doc suxs along with them. All have the same attitude...think they are better than they really are!! Enjoy watching them get beat.

Posted by: COSMZ ()
Date: November 06, 2022 09:12AM

Does anybody have 6A or 6B power points? Or Class 5?

Posted by: parentof2 - wk 10 results ()
Date: November 06, 2022 11:01AM

1. Centreville (-21) @ Westfield
- Centreville won and covered, 35-7. Seems to be a lot of talk on here about this game. They could very well see each other again this year.

2. Edison @ Hayfield (-14)
- Hayfield won 21-14, good come from behind victory for the Hawks who have not lost to Edison since 1989.

3. Herndon (-7) @ Marshall
- Marshall won 22-21. This one surprised me quite a bit. Looks like when Herndon is the favorite they lose. However, I definitely did not see them losing to Marshall.

4. Lake Braddock @ South County (-5)
- The Stallions won and covered, 33-24.

5. Langley (-24) @ McLean
- Langley won 43-6. That's 4 wins in a row now for the sneaky good Saxons.

6. Madison (-15) @ Chantilly
- Madison won and covered, 34-7. Madison reallyy turned things around after starting 0-3.

7. Oakton @ South Lakes (-21)
- South Lakes blanked Oakton, 55-0.

8. Robinson (-10) @ West Potomac
- The Rams were victorious over the Wolverines, 49-26.

9. Stone Bridge (-20) @ Independence.
- Stone Bridge won big, 56-7. That's 4 losses in a row for Indy who went from being 6-0 and hosting a playoff game to 6-4 and having to go on the road this week.

10. Stuart (-21) @ Lee
- Stuart won 33-14, failing to cover. Good little 2 game win streak for JEB to end the year.

11. West Springfield @ Fairfax (-14)
- Fairfax won 55-30. Although I did not watch, I expected this one to be closer. Did anyone see this game?

12. Woodson @ T.C. Williams (-28)
- T.C. won and covered, 49-14. WTW was outscored 352 to 27 in their last 6 games. Yikes...

13. Yorktown (-17) @ Washington-Lee
- Yorktown wins bragging rights for Arlington County with their 27-0 win. The Patriots' defense has pitched 3 consecutive shutouts.

Posted by: parentof2 - round 1 ()
Date: November 06, 2022 11:02AM

Round one is upon us! In years past a lot of the Round 1 playoff games are a bit lopsided and this year looks to be the same (minus a few intriguing games). Another season flew by us! Congrats to all the teams that made it to this point and qualified for the playoffs. Lets get into it...

1. Chantilly @ Centreville (-28)
- This was Centreville’s homecoming game the first time around and the Wildcats won 45-6. I’m expecting the score to be rather similar this time around as well. The Wildcats will wear down the Chargers over the course of the game and win big.

2. Edison @ South County (-28)
- Edison’s first playoff berth since 2018. Unfortunately for them, the Stallions are lightyears ahead of the National District teams that Edison has been beating. I don’t think this game will be very close either.

3. Hayfield @ West Springfield (-24)
- The Spartans won the first match up between these two teams in September by 37. Hayfield will have to play a near perfect game to keep this one close. Spartans win big against the Hawks again.

4. Herndon @ Westfield (-9)
- Although Herndon improved greatly this year, I think their season ends this week. The Bulldogs are just so much more experienced in these kind of games. Herndon has also lost 2 in a row which leads me to question the health of the team. I will say this, Westfield better not totally overlook Herndon.

5. Robinson @ Lake Braddock (-7)
- Game of the week. The Bruins have to be a touchdown favorite given they have had a better year than the Rams BUT I think Robinson wins this one outright. Just a gut feeling that I have. In years past, these two have matched up in the playoffs and both games were great. (2009 and 2010 Robinson won in the regular season and lost the re-match in the playoffs) Really looking forward to this one.

6. T.C. Williams @ Fairfax (-21)
- I agree with the user who posted about the Titans being hard to predict. Which T.C. team shows up this week? Fairfax will get everyone’s best shot this year. This one could be close, or it could be a blowout. I think in the end though, they will be too much for T.C.

7. Washington-Lee @ Madison (-24)
- Madison should take care of business in this one rather easily against a 5-5 W&L team that is 0-2 this year against the Concorde and a team that Herndon beat by 21.

8. William Fleming @ Stone Bridge (-28)
- Don’t know nearly anything about Fleming other than they are out of Roanoke. Give me the Bulldogs in a blow out, sucks Fleming has to travel that far just for their season to (potentially) end.

9. Yorktown @ Langley (-3)
- Co-Game of the week. Really intriguing game here. Langley won the first match-up between these teams way back in week one, 34-28. I remember being shocked that Yorktown lost and I think they will win time around. Both teams surely have improved since then and both teams are just about evenly matched so I think this one comes down to coaching and Haddock and his staff are the better staff. Give me Yorktown in a close game.

Posted by: JTHND ()
Date: November 06, 2022 01:03PM

parentof2 - wk 10 results Wrote:

> 11. West Springfield @ Fairfax (-14)
> - Fairfax won 55-30. Although I did not watch, I
> expected this one to be closer. Did anyone see
> this game?

I did not see the game but it appeared it was close for a half. I checked scorestream at halftime of the game I was at. At that time Fairfax was up only 28-27. If that was correct, the second half was all Fairfax, 27-3.

Posted by: Rebellious Lion ()
Date: November 06, 2022 09:13PM

JTHND Wrote:
> parentof2 - wk 10 results Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > 11. West Springfield @ Fairfax (-14)
> > - Fairfax won 55-30. Although I did not watch,
> I
> > expected this one to be closer. Did anyone see
> > this game?
>
> I did not see the game but it appeared it was
> close for a half. I checked scorestream at
> halftime of the game I was at. At that time
> Fairfax was up only 28-27. If that was correct,
> the second half was all Fairfax, 27-3.

The teams basically traded touchdowns in the first half. West Springfield held the lead for a while, mostly because they forced a Fairfax interception. Until late in the second quarter, the teams traded touchdowns on every possession. The teams traded turnovers late in the second, and West Springfield missed a field goal that would have put them up 30-28.

West Springfield got the ball to start the second half. They had a nice sustained drive for the first half of the third, but Fairfax's defense finally stiffened, and held West Springfield to a Field goal. After that, it was all Fairfax. The final score doesn't show how close the game really was. It was entertaining, though, as I expected.

Posted by: mu4xm ()
Date: November 06, 2022 09:46PM

What happens Wrote:
> What happened to Westfield seems like they’ve
> been on a downward spiral the last couple years I
> haven’t seen any their games are they just not
> that good anymore

Their recruiter took the head coach job at Centreville.

Posted by: nova fan ()
Date: November 06, 2022 10:02PM

Review of my picks

parentof2 - wk 10 results Wrote:
> 1. Centreville (-21) @ Westfield
> - Centreville won and covered, 35-7. Seems to be a
> lot of talk on here about this game. They could
> very well see each other again this year.

Correctly picked Centreville to both win and cover.
>
> 2. Edison @ Hayfield (-14)
> - Hayfield won 21-14, good come from behind
> victory for the Hawks who have not lost to Edison
> since 1989.

Correctly picked Hayfield to win. Also correctly picked Hayfield not to cover. Correct straight up and against the spread.
>
> 3. Herndon (-7) @ Marshall
> - Marshall won 22-21. This one surprised me quite
> a bit. Looks like when Herndon is the favorite
> they lose. However, I definitely did not see them
> losing to Marshall.

I took Herndon to both win and cover, so I got both of those wrong.
>
> 4. Lake Braddock @ South County (-5)
> - The Stallions won and covered, 33-24.

I took Lake Braddock to win outright, so I got both parts of that wrong. Did someone mention that their head coach has a knack for choking in big games? I should have taken that into account.
>
> 5. Langley (-24) @ McLean
> - Langley won 43-6. That's 4 wins in a row now for
> the sneaky good Saxons.

Correctly picked Langley to both win and cover.
>
> 6. Madison (-15) @ Chantilly
> - Madison won and covered, 34-7. Madison reallyy
> turned things around after starting 0-3.

Correctly picked Madison to both win and to cover.
>
> 7. Oakton @ South Lakes (-21)
> - South Lakes blanked Oakton, 55-0.

Correctly picked South Lakes to both win and to cover.
>
> 8. Robinson (-10) @ West Potomac
> - The Rams were victorious over the Wolverines,
> 49-26.

Correctly picked Robo to both win and cover. Robo scored more points than I would have expected from them. As for West Potomac, this loss officially knocked them out of the playoffs. I wonder if they were scoreboard watching, and hoping that Woodson could shock the world and beat TCW, thereby allowing them to back into the playoffs. If you're counting on THAT for your playoff hopes, then you have no hope. Although this loss officially eliminated West Potomac, I think this was an expected result, and I think the real cause of West Po missing the playoffs was their choke last week against West Springfield.
>
> 9. Stone Bridge (-20) @ Independence.
> - Stone Bridge won big, 56-7. That's 4 losses in a
> row for Indy who went from being 6-0 and hosting a
> playoff game to 6-4 and having to go on the road
> this week.

Correctly picked Stone Bridge to both win and cover.
>
> 10. Stuart (-21) @ Lee
> - Stuart won 33-14, failing to cover. Good little
> 2 game win streak for JEB to end the year.

Took Stuart to win, but I thought they would cover. Right straight up, wrong against the spread. I thought Stuart could score more against Lee. I have to think they allowed a lot of their sophomores to play in the second half.
>
> 11. West Springfield @ Fairfax (-14)
> - Fairfax won 55-30. Although I did not watch, I
> expected this one to be closer. Did anyone see
> this game?

Correctly picked Fairfax to both win and to cover. However, for three quarters, this game was a real barnburner, and it didn't look like Fairfax would cover (and it wasn't clear that they would win outright). By the way, thank goodness for the Max Preps play by play. I wanted to watch this game on NFHS, but, once again, their camera was not functional. This has happened a lot this season, and this problem needs to be fixed.
>
> 12. Woodson @ T.C. Williams (-28)
> - T.C. won and covered, 49-14. WTW was outscored
> 352 to 27 in their last 6 games. Yikes...

Correctly picked TCW to both win and cover. By winning, TCW (a) clinched a playoff berth, (b) knocked West Potomac out of the playoffs, and (c) avoided the shame of losing to Woodson.
>
> 13. Yorktown (-17) @ Washington-Lee
> - Yorktown wins bragging rights for Arlington
> County with their 27-0 win. The Patriots' defense
> has pitched 3 consecutive shutouts.

I picked Yorktown to win, but not to cover, so I'm right straight up, but wrong against the spread. Frankly, I thought W-L would put up more of a fight. It's too bad for W-L. Arlington isn't that big, and they have to share that space with Yorktown and spend an entire offseason in that confined space hearing how Yorktown beat them, yet again.

Side Note: Mt. Vernon played Falls Church this weekend. Mt. Vernon won 35-25. There was no "spread" for this game, but I would have picked Mt. Vernon to win. I don't know if this was intentional or an oversight, though I don't think many people minded (or even noticed) this omission.

Date: November 06, 2022 10:14PM

My picks for the first round of the playoffs

parentof2 - round 1 Wrote:
> Round one is upon us! In years past a lot of the
> Round 1 playoff games are a bit lopsided and this
> year looks to be the same (minus a few intriguing
> games). Another season flew by us! Congrats to all
> the teams that made it to this point and qualified
> for the playoffs. Lets get into it...
>
>
> 1. Chantilly @ Centreville (-28)
> - This was Centreville’s homecoming game the
> first time around and the Wildcats won 45-6. I’m
> expecting the score to be rather similar this time
> around as well. The Wildcats will wear down the
> Chargers over the course of the game and win big.

I'll take Centreville to both win and cover.
>
>
> 2. Edison @ South County (-28)
> - Edison’s first playoff berth since 2018.
> Unfortunately for them, the Stallions are
> lightyears ahead of the National District teams
> that Edison has been beating. I don’t think this
> game will be very close either.

I think everyone will be pulling for Edison, as they are one of two Cinderellas this year. However, I think the clock is going to strike midnight on their season. SoCo wins and covers.
>
> 3. Hayfield @ West Springfield (-24)
> - The Spartans won the first match up between
> these two teams in September by 37. Hayfield will
> have to play a near perfect game to keep this one
> close. Spartans win big against the Hawks again.

West Springfield played Fairfax much closer than the final score would indicate. The really are a good team. West Springfield wins and covers.
>
> 4. Herndon @ Westfield (-9)
> - Although Herndon improved greatly this year, I
> think their season ends this week. The Bulldogs
> are just so much more experienced in these kind of
> games. Herndon has also lost 2 in a row which
> leads me to question the health of the team. I
> will say this, Westfield better not totally
> overlook Herndon.

I think a potential injury bug might explain Herndon's last two losses, including the very surpring loss to Marshall. Westfield has been very ordinary this season, but they have tons of playoff experience, and I think that's going to be the difference. Westfield wins and covers.
>
> 5. Robinson @ Lake Braddock (-7)
> - Game of the week. The Bruins have to be a
> touchdown favorite given they have had a better
> year than the Rams BUT I think Robinson wins this
> one outright. Just a gut feeling that I have. In
> years past, these two have matched up in the
> playoffs and both games were great. (2009 and 2010
> Robinson won in the regular season and lost the
> re-match in the playoffs) Really looking forward
> to this one.

I'm not understanding the logic of the comment saying that you think Robo will win outright, but you make Lake Braddock a 7 point favorite. Putting that aside, I think Robo might actually win this, so I'll take them to win outright.
>
> 6. T.C. Williams @ Fairfax (-21)
> - I agree with the user who posted about the
> Titans being hard to predict. Which T.C. team
> shows up this week? Fairfax will get everyone’s
> best shot this year. This one could be close, or
> it could be a blowout. I think in the end though,
> they will be too much for T.C.

Fairfax surprised a lot of people last year with their 9-1 season, myself included. We were used to a Fairfax that typically had 3-7 seasons. Last year was their first playoff game in a long time, and despite homefield advantage, they choked. They have more playoff experience this year, but still not as much as some of the perennial powers in Northern Virginia. Fairfax didn't play TCW this year, either. All of this means this game will be hard to predict. I'm going to take Fairfax to win, but not cover.
>
> 7. Washington-Lee @ Madison (-24)
> - Madison should take care of business in this one
> rather easily against a 5-5 W&L team that is 0-2
> this year against the Concorde and a team that
> Herndon beat by 21.

Agreed. This won't be close. Madison wins and covers.
>
> 8. William Fleming @ Stone Bridge (-28)
> - Don’t know nearly anything about Fleming other
> than they are out of Roanoke. Give me the Bulldogs
> in a blow out, sucks Fleming has to travel that
> far just for their season to (potentially) end.

Stone Bridge wins and covers.
>
> 9. Yorktown @ Langley (-3)
> - Co-Game of the week. Really intriguing game
> here. Langley won the first match-up between these
> teams way back in week one, 34-28. I remember
> being shocked that Yorktown lost and I think they
> will win time around. Both teams surely have
> improved since then and both teams are just about
> evenly matched so I think this one comes down to
> coaching and Haddock and his staff are the better
> staff. Give me Yorktown in a close game.

I'm still not quite sold on Langley. I'm going to take Yorktown to win outright.

Posted by: CWKXB ()
Date: November 07, 2022 07:29AM

I don’t think Lake Braddock loses to Robinson, a 2nd round exit sounds a lot more likely

Posted by: CougarDad ()
Date: November 07, 2022 11:23AM

The Cougars lose their last 8 in a row. Getting shutout and stomped on week in and week out. And here we are in year 4 of this regime so please spare me the “give them more time” crap.

They have gotten their star QB dangerously beat up, they have no real gameplan week in and week out. I’m disgusted by this staff. Something has to give here. The AD should let this staff go and bring in some competent coaches. These guys had 4 years and just gave us 2-8. Time to go!

Posted by: BOBBY ()
Date: November 07, 2022 12:36PM

Oakton has no talent up front. The OL is terrible so they cant run the ball. Pass pro is a bit better, but they are still subpar. Not sure bout the staff, but tough to win with JV linemen.

The team that should be the best is Centreville. They have had the most talent since Shields arrived. Not 1 district championship. The region is a joke. If Shield cant take the region he should be let go. The parents hate him. Most kids do as well. The last district title was 2013 when the Concorde rocked. Failure to beat an average Madison team should mark the end. Thoughjts???

Posted by: CougarFan%$ ()
Date: November 07, 2022 01:56PM

The Oakton coaching staff will try to blame some of their problems on the pandemic as it wrecked some of their plans.

Posted by: Weather Issues ()
Date: November 07, 2022 01:59PM

A bunch of schools are trying to get the playoff games moved to Thursday to avoid the rain. How can you move the date of a playoff game just because of rain? Aren’t the elements part of football? Especially in November and December.

Posted by: Snowflakes ()
Date: November 07, 2022 02:06PM

Yeah that’s ridiculous but not surprising with the FCPS snowflakes
Every school has turf, no excuse not to play

Posted by: Weather Issues ()
Date: November 07, 2022 03:13PM

Lake Braddock is pushing to move the games because of player safety. I guess it’s unsafe for them to play in rain…..

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: November 07, 2022 03:18PM

Rain... shmaine...

...as long as there isn't lightning that would delay the games (a real player safety issue)...

Posted by: ATC4lyfe ()
Date: November 07, 2022 03:29PM

Makes sense LB is pushing to move the game, Robinson is a run first team, the weather would favor them. Just play the game, unless there is lighting, there is no reason not to.

Doc always has some excuse on why his team didn't perform
Here are some of the better ones:

1 Not enough D1 talent in the program to win the big games
2 Injuries
3 Schedule was too hard
4 Player are not disciplined enough to understand our program
5 The players have to many outside distractions
6 Add weather to the excuse list

Posted by: TYTYC ()
Date: November 07, 2022 06:36PM

Weather Issues Wrote:
> Lake Braddock is pushing to move the games because
> of player safety. I guess it’s unsafe for them
> to play in rain…..

Player safety is a newer consideration in the past few years and everyone is going to have to live with that because that is just the way it is now. Another consideration is $$$ - you won't get the same gate (and concessions) on a rainy Friday as you will on a clear Thursday, Simple math. And before everyone says "why not Saturday"? the reason for that is the coaches dislike having a short prep week, especially for a tougher opponent in the next round.

Posted by: Safety? ()
Date: November 07, 2022 07:02PM

What evidence is out there that says it’s much more dangerous to pay in the rain on a turf field? If we were concerned about player safety shouldn’t we have kept the fields grass? Or not play football at all?

Posted by: CWUDB ()
Date: November 07, 2022 07:11PM

They have played in the rain in prior years with absolutely no problems, even on grass in the mud!

Posted by: ingsoc ()
Date: November 07, 2022 09:19PM

I thought the whole point of turf fields was so they could play in bad weather.

Posted by: yesbut ()
Date: November 07, 2022 09:51PM

CWUDB Wrote:
> They have played in the rain in prior years with
> absolutely no problems, even on grass in the mud!

This is gonna be a monsoon.

Plus I agree with the poster above about the $$$. VHSL survives on playoff money. Rain will cut attendance at least in half.

Posted by: poiypoiy ()
Date: November 07, 2022 09:54PM

administrators would like to start the holiday weekend early too, hit the bottle a day earlier

Posted by: Gate$$ ()
Date: November 07, 2022 10:06PM

yesbut Wrote:
> CWUDB Wrote:
> -----
> > They have played in the rain in prior years
> with
> > absolutely no problems, even on grass in the
> mud!
>
>
> This is gonna be a monsoon.
>
> Plus I agree with the poster above about the $$$.
> VHSL survives on playoff money. Rain will cut
> attendance at least in half.

So will moving the games to Thursday night. Gate is gone no matter what

Posted by: Gate is VHSL ()
Date: November 07, 2022 10:14PM

Students have off on Friday. Gate would be better on Thursday but all playoff money goes to VHSL. Based on comments above Braddock is leading this charge. It would appear Doc knows he can’t be Robinson in rainstorm because Robo can run the ball.

Posted by: Hornup ()
Date: November 08, 2022 02:17PM

Looks like the LB QB's mom is getting involved. What's she going to do when at rains when her baby is in college? Play the game the day it was supposed to be and deal with a little rain. Don't like playing in the rain, then take up golf.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: November 08, 2022 03:03PM

All ffx, arl, alex co schools will play Friday

Date: November 08, 2022 03:07PM

At least Region D will be.

Posted by: Who’s “Mom” was more annoying? ()
Date: November 08, 2022 05:39PM

Wish we could post a poll as to who’s mom was the most annoying?
A. Bruins mom
B. Purple Platoon mom
(HM. Cville QB dad/uncle)

Posted by: stopthebitching ()
Date: November 08, 2022 06:52PM

Robinson coach got on Twitter and started crying so the county stuck with Friday.

Will be hilarious if the games end up being bumped to Saturday and that sorry ass defense gives up 50 anyways

Posted by: Just Rain ()
Date: November 08, 2022 07:28PM

Am I missing something or are we just talking about rain? Why would they move games because of rain? I’d understand storms or freezing rain/snow, but I’ve never heard of a football game being moved because of rain.

Posted by: CHABR ()
Date: November 08, 2022 07:37PM

Bruins Mom and O Smith were both horrible

Posted by: N3DNW ()
Date: November 08, 2022 08:21PM

CHABR Wrote:
> Bruins Mom and O Smith were both horrible

Notice how O Smith hasn't been around much? He was insufferable. Smith should have lost to Indian River. Only 2-0 over Western Branch. They were pounded and destroyed by Phoebus, 56-0. I don't care what some say on other boards, 56-0 is a crushing defeat an average team should not experience. I don't know if they will even get out of the region.

Posted by: Jelly Donut ()
Date: November 09, 2022 07:46AM

Bruins Mom (LB Asst Coach) was so much more annoying than O Smith. This is a Fairfax Board. LB and Doc have NEVER won a big game with a LOT of talent. At least Smith has a recent history to brag.

Posted by: Topper ()
Date: November 09, 2022 12:36PM

Forecast indicate possible lightning 7 to 9 Friday. Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm during the evening, then some lingering showers still possible overnight. Potential for heavy rainfall. Be prepared to move games to Saturday!

Posted by: Topper?? ()
Date: November 09, 2022 01:18PM

The only thing that will stop the games is lighting. If the storm doesn’t last they will finish after. Football has been played in the rain for a hundred years.

Posted by: Topper?? ()
Date: November 09, 2022 01:18PM

The only thing that will stop the games is lighting. If the storm doesn’t last they will finish after. Football has been played in the rain for a hundred years.

Posted by: ChargerAlum ()
Date: November 09, 2022 09:30PM

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to congratulate the Seahawks on making history this season: they finally broke their simultaneously impressive and mediocre, 4-year streak of playing their last games on the region semifinals.

I'm sure the coaches and athletes are incredibly proud of themselves, but if they aren't, then maybe consider playing a hard game, for the entire game, against actually competent teams other than Chantilly.

:)

Posted by: Embarrassing ()
Date: November 10, 2022 12:23PM

How embarrassing is it for that poor QB at Braddock that his mommy is all over social media trying to get the game moved because of a rain storm? The LB staff should also be embarrassed by that. Mommy crying about the rain being unsafe. So soft. Hahaha

Date: November 10, 2022 12:53PM

Some games tomorrow will start at 6 instead of 7

Posted by: Erols was cool ()
Date: November 10, 2022 03:26PM

ChargerAlum Wrote:
> I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to
> congratulate the Seahawks on making history this
> season: they finally broke their simultaneously
> impressive and mediocre, 4-year streak of playing
> their last games on the region semifinals.
>
> I'm sure the coaches and athletes are incredibly
> proud of themselves, but if they aren't, then
> maybe consider playing a hard game, for the entire
> game, against actually competent teams other than
> Chantilly.
>
> :)

I don't follow....are you saying they had easy games?

Posted by: Painthinner ()
Date: November 10, 2022 04:56PM

Anyone have the Concorde and liberty all conference teams full list?

Posted by: CHCBZ ()
Date: November 10, 2022 07:47PM

nufan Wrote:
> Some games tomorrow will start at 6 instead of 7

You know what game start at 6? With the predicted rain I’m sure every single NFHS camera will be down SMH

Posted by: Upset Central ()
Date: November 10, 2022 09:39PM

Millbrook upset Tuscarora tonight and even more impressive Colonial Forge upset Battlefield.

Date: November 10, 2022 10:02PM

Upset Central Wrote:
> Millbrook upset Tuscarora tonight and even more
> impressive Colonial Forge upset Battlefield.

Interesting. Unity Reed took another run at Patriot tonight but unlike last season the Pioneers held them off convincingly in the second half. Second season in a row the anticipated re-match isn't happening.

Posted by: CAUXB ()
Date: November 11, 2022 07:10AM

I can’t believe Battlefield lost, wow!

Looks like some teams opted to avoid the rain or there’s a ref shortage, the weather looks promising between 7-9 tonight

Posted by: Hmmm… ()
Date: November 11, 2022 12:56PM

Washington-Liberty @ James Madison has a 6:00pm kickoff per the JMHS Athletics Twitter feed.

Posted by: Bruin Mama2022 ()
Date: November 11, 2022 01:58PM

Hello to all my Bruins fans, I miss you all!!

Can you smellllllllllllllllllll what the Doc is cooking!!

The way Doc and the boys will be carving up Robinson tonight, I think Ram stew will be on the menu!

Let's face it, Doc and the staff has done such a great job with this team, I think everyone knows they are the favorite to win the State Championship.

Thanks to Doc and his wonderful program, this team has at least 5-6 players going on to play college football at the highest level, how many other teams can say that?

Repeat after me.....Lake Braddock has the Best Staff in the State!!!

#Urgency
#Competitiveness
#Toughness
#Discipline
#Significance

Posted by: CVILLE and CHANTILLY ()
Date: November 11, 2022 02:48PM

Centreville and Chantilly also moved up to 6pm start. Weather forecast suggests a nice dry hole in the storm from 5-10pm. Lets hope.

Posted by: FHAVX ()
Date: November 11, 2022 06:43PM

Cville up 16-0 End of the 1st

Date: November 11, 2022 07:07PM

…with sadness that W-L player Braylon Meade died in a car crash last night (announced at the game and on WJLA) The Generals captains walked to coin toss with his jersey draped between them…

HALFTIME
James Madison 42
Washington-Liberty 0

…Warhawks substituting liberally…

Posted by: Yeppp ()
Date: November 11, 2022 07:22PM

Herndon up 7-0 yep

Posted by: XJANDB ()
Date: November 11, 2022 07:39PM

Yeppp Wrote:
> Herndon up 7-0 yep

Herndon 14-7, 11 min 2Q

Posted by: Arlington guy ()
Date: November 11, 2022 08:00PM

Hmmm… Wrote:
> …with sadness that W-L player Braylon Meade died
> in a car crash last night (announced at the game
> and on WJLA) The Generals captains walked to coin
> toss with his jersey draped between them…
>
> HALFTIME
> James Madison 42
> Washington-Liberty 0
>
> …Warhawks substituting liberally…

Can imagine it was hard for the players to get in the right mental state for this game, not sure it would have made a difference but still. Condolences out to the family and teammates

Posted by: YCGEK ()
Date: November 11, 2022 08:16PM

Anyone have an update on Braddock/Robo?

Date: November 11, 2022 08:33PM

I have 13-3 Robinson in the 3rd Quarter

Posted by: p,klk ()
Date: November 11, 2022 09:08PM

YCGEK Wrote:
> Anyone have an update on Braddock/Robo?

20-3 Robonson

Posted by: jgman ()
Date: November 11, 2022 09:17PM

where is the Lake Braddock fanboy

Date: November 11, 2022 09:21PM

Nowhere because it was a troll post...

Q4
Robinson 13
Lake Braddock 24

Date: November 11, 2022 09:22PM

FINAL
Yorktown 21
Langley 14

Westfield and Herndon go to OT tie at 21

Date: November 11, 2022 09:26PM

is it Washington Liberty or Washington Lee?

Date: November 11, 2022 09:27PM

Chantilly scored 28 points on Cville’s back ups to make the score closer than it was. They kept the starters in the whole game. The refs were horrible too. 3 hour game. Ridiculous

Posted by: Tammy W ()
Date: November 11, 2022 09:33PM

Hmmm... Wrote:
> Nowhere because it was a troll post...
>
> Q4
> Robinson 13
> Lake Braddock 24

Robinson 26-24

Posted by: DJHEC ()
Date: November 11, 2022 10:21PM

Tammy W Wrote:
> Hmmm... Wrote:
> -----
> > Nowhere because it was a troll post...
> >
> > Q4
> > Robinson 13
> > Lake Braddock 24
>
>
> Robinson 26-24

Final?

Posted by: jnnwh ()
Date: November 11, 2022 11:08PM

nufan Wrote:
> Chantilly scored 28 points on Cville’s back ups
> to make the score closer than it was. They kept
> the starters in the whole game. The refs were
> horrible too. 3 hour game. Ridiculous

Ragland scored a touchdown with 5 minutes left in the game and a 28 point lead. Stop whining.

Posted by: bitter ()
Date: November 11, 2022 11:27PM

jnnwh Wrote:
> nufan Wrote:
> -----
> > Chantilly scored 28 points on Cville’s back
> ups
> > to make the score closer than it was. They kept
> > the starters in the whole game. The refs were
> > horrible too. 3 hour game. Ridiculous
>
> Ragland scored a touchdown with 5 minutes left in
> the game and a 28 point lead. Stop whining.

Chantilly’s soft defense couldn’t stop cville all night. Little Napoleon Over there couldn’t help but padding the stats against the JV wildcats

Date: November 11, 2022 11:55PM

Wasn’t winning about the scoring and yes Ragland scored because Sheilds put the staters back in when Chantilly didn’t pull theirs. He could have laid 70 on them if he wanted too. I was winning about the game lasting 3 hours.

Date: November 11, 2022 11:57PM

And yes I know I spelled whining incorrect on purpose

Posted by: CAUXB ()
Date: November 12, 2022 06:43AM

Lake Braddock 24 Robinson 13
West Springfield 29 Hayfield 10
Fairfax 49 ACHS 7
SoCo 30 Edison 0

Posted by: Footballplayer ()
Date: November 12, 2022 09:27AM

I don’t blame Chantilly for letting their kids play. That is the last game those seniors will ever play. Why not let them get every second possible. Centreville smartly pulled their starters to protect them for next week. The game was never in jeopardy it just took an extra long time to finish.

Date: November 12, 2022 10:19AM

Never expected Chantilly to win, but I knew my Chargers wouldn't go down without a fight.

Congrats to the Class of '23 for being the first class of Chantilly in years to have been a part of a playoff-caliber, varsity football team for all four years of their high school careers.

Date: November 12, 2022 10:31AM

Big upset as Colonial Forge beat Battlefield

Posted by: CKAGC ()
Date: November 12, 2022 11:24AM

It’ll be interesting to see if Westfield can challenge Cville, gotta stop Ragland

Date: November 12, 2022 12:02PM

CKAGC Wrote:
> It’ll be interesting to see if Westfield can
> challenge Cville, gotta stop Ragland

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Westfield already got wrecked by Centreville at home, lost to Chantilly, and just barely beat a Herndon team that Centreville emasculated, on the road, earlier this season.

Posted by: CHAVX ()
Date: November 12, 2022 12:33PM

I agree 100% but I am hoping for a good game haha

Posted by: Footballfan2022 ()
Date: November 12, 2022 01:10PM

Let’s be honest, Chantilly didn’t put up a fight. They were down by 40 and then C’ville pulled their starters and Chantilly scored on the JV team to make the score look close. Chantilly wasn’t a playoff team in any other season. Football is just down around the region.

Posted by: NR FB Fan ()
Date: November 12, 2022 01:17PM

The current seniors missed their 9th and 10th grade off seasons due to
Covid. Next years group of seniors will also not be what they could have been, but hopefully after that the development of football players will get back to normal.
The great players still got most of their development but the average starter type kid is way behind what they could have been because of the shutdown.

Posted by: YF7VH ()
Date: November 12, 2022 04:00PM

NR FB Fan Wrote:
> The current seniors missed their 9th and 10th
> grade off seasons due to
> Covid. Next years group of seniors will also not
> be what they could have been, but hopefully after
> that the development of football players will get
> back to normal.
> The great players still got most of their
> development but the average starter type kid is
> way behind what they could have been because of
> the shutdown.

Ditto for every other team when it comes to the Covid season(s), so what is your point?

Posted by: NR FB Fan ()
Date: November 12, 2022 06:16PM

YF7VH Wrote:
> NR FB Fan Wrote:
> -----
> > The current seniors missed their 9th and 10th
> > grade off seasons due to
> > Covid. Next years group of seniors will also
> not
> > be what they could have been, but hopefully
> after
> > that the development of football players will
> get
> > back to normal.
> > The great players still got most of their
> > development but the average starter type kid is
> > way behind what they could have been because of
> > the shutdown.
>
> Ditto for every other team when it comes to the
> Covid season(s), so what is your point?

I’m hopeful that the overall product on the field at most schools will improve the next few years. There’s a lot of bad teams currently.

Date: November 13, 2022 09:55AM

Footballfan2022 Wrote:
> Let’s be honest, Chantilly didn’t put up a
> fight. They were down by 40 and then C’ville
> pulled their starters and Chantilly scored on the
> JV team to make the score look close. Chantilly
> wasn’t a playoff team in any other season.
> Football is just down around the region.

Hmmm.

Not sure what you mean by "Chantilly wasn't a playoff team in any other season" because Chantilly literally was a playoff team in other seasons as proven by the fact that: Chantilly consistently made playoffs since 2019, was never the last seed in each of those seasons, beat at least one other team that made playoffs each season, and did all of this in spite of VHSL trying to screw them for at least two seasons (firstly in Spring 2021 when South Lakes was given a higher seed because apparently losing to a 3-3 Centreville and cancelling a couple of games has all the earmarks of a 'tough schedule' or something; and also last year when Wakefield canceled their Herndon game and for some reason ended with more points than Chantilly when they would have ended the season with a tie).

By all means, criticize Chantilly's underwhelming playoff runs, drying talent, and lame jerseys, but making a patently false statement is just daft.

Posted by: parentof2 - round 1 results ()
Date: November 13, 2022 09:59AM

1. Chantilly @ Centreville (-28)
- Centreville won 57-34, failing to cover. Were they really up 40 at one point?

2. Edison @ South County (-28)
- South County blanked Edison 30-0. Kudos to the Eagles for making it to the playoffs, slow improvmenet.

3. Hayfield @ West Springfield (-24)
- The Spartans won 29-10. Seems like Hayfield had a good gameplan coming in but the difference in the talent decided this one.

4. Herndon @ Westfield (-9)
- Westfield over Herndon in double OT 31-28. Westfield will have their hands full next week. Although Herndon finished 6-5 that is a big improvement for them.

5. Robinson @ Lake Braddock (-7)
- Lake Braddock won 24-13 and my Robinson prediction was wrong. Good win for the Bruins although they will have their hands full at Fairfax next weekend.

6. T.C. Williams @ Fairfax (-21)
- Fairfax won and covered easily, 49-7.

7. Washington-Lee @ Madison (-24)
- Madison won and covered 56-6, 50 points is the biggest win of the year of the Warhawks.

8. William Fleming @ Stone Bridge (-28)
- Stone Bridge won and covered 38-7.

9. Yorktown @ Langley (-3)
- Although Langley was the home favorite having beaten Yorktown the first time, I picked Yorktown to win and they indeed did, 21-14. Yorktown just felt like the right pick.

Posted by: parentof2 - region semi finals ()
Date: November 13, 2022 10:00AM

Have to keep it short this week with family in town… I don’t think we saw a single upset this weekend in NOVA, unlike the rest of the state. The best teams in the area are left folks as we are getting down to the nitty gritty.

1. Lake Braddock @ Fairfax (-9)
- Game of the week. Fairfax puts their 11-0 record on the line against a Bruins team they beat 29-14 the first time they met. Doc has a chance to right that and win his first big game at the helm in Burke.

2. Riverbend @ Stone Bridge (-24)
- Riverbend is out of Fredericksburg and you can’t short them as they have made it this far, but I think Stone Bridge wins easily.

3. Westfield @ Centreville (-21)
- The Wildcats will prove to be too much for the Bulldogs. Centreville won 35-7 the first time they met, you can expect a similar result this time around as well.

4. West Springfield @ South County (-7)
- To keep it short, the first time these two matched up South County won by 7 and I expect a similar result this time. The Spartans have a good team but the Stallions are a level above them.

5. Yorktown @ Madison (-7)
Co-Game of the week. Yorktown went to Madison and won 14-11 in September but the Warhawks have won 8 in a row since then. I think they get it done at home when it counts.

Posted by: Northern Region Guy ()
Date: November 13, 2022 10:26AM

Lake Braddock @ Fairfax Game of the Week
Braddock has the better Offense, better QB RB OL and Receivers, can Fairfax stop that? Braddock learned a lot from the first game and will not make the same mistakes. Fairfax has been cruising this year and hasn't really been challenged
Both Taylor and Doc have a been known to choke in big games. This time it will be Taylor choking. I think Doc's offense beats Taylor's defense. Braddock wins by 10

2. Westfield @ Centreville
Centreville way to strong, Westfield has to many injuries this game will be over by the 3Q if not sooner

3. West Springfield @ South County
I think WS is the most under rated team in the region, very high scoring offense, I am not sure SoCo can keep up with them this time. WS wins by 7 heads to the semis

4. Yorktown @ Madison
Yorktown is a good team, Madison is better, the first game was a fluke. This time Madison wins by 14

Posted by: bulldogs will win ()
Date: November 13, 2022 10:58AM

Westfield will come back and beat Centreville mark my words!!!

GO WESTFIELD

Posted by: Clueless ()
Date: November 13, 2022 11:02AM

parentof2 - region semi finals Wrote:
> Have to keep it short this week with family in
> town… I don’t think we saw a single upset this
> weekend in NOVA, unlike the rest of the state. The
> best teams in the area are left folks as we are
> getting down to the nitty gritty.
>
>
> 1. Lake Braddock @ Fairfax (-9)
> - Game of the week. Fairfax puts their 11-0 record
> on the line against a Bruins team they beat 29-14
> the first time they met. Doc has a chance to right
> that and win his first big game at the helm in
> Burke.
>
> 2. Riverbend @ Stone Bridge (-24)
> - Riverbend is out of Fredericksburg and you
> can’t short them as they have made it this far,
> but I think Stone Bridge wins easily.
>
> 3. Westfield @ Centreville (-21)
> - The Wildcats will prove to be too much for the
> Bulldogs. Centreville won 35-7 the first time they
> met, you can expect a similar result this time
> around as well.
>
> 4. West Springfield @ South County (-7)
> - To keep it short, the first time these two
> matched up South County won by 7 and I expect a
> similar result this time. The Spartans have a good
> team but the Stallions are a level above them.
>
> 5. Yorktown @ Madison (-7)
> Co-Game of the week. Yorktown went to Madison and
> won 14-11 in September but the Warhawks have won 8
> in a row since then. I think they get it done at
> home when it counts.

LB running back is out of very limited. LB OL is bad, and defense is banged up. FX wins easily.

WS qb done for the year. SC rolls.

Date: November 13, 2022 11:11AM

"...Yorktown went to Madison and won 14-11 in September..."

That earlier game was at Yorktown.

Posted by: RoboCop ()
Date: November 13, 2022 10:24PM

Any word from VHSL on whether there will be any penalty for Lake Braddock holding activities on Sundays?
Apparently they do weekly Sunday meetings online with players and have been doing so all season. I’m surprised FCPS let’s them do it. Sunday activities should be prohibited.

Date: November 13, 2022 10:56PM

Weekly review of my picks

parentof2 - round 1 results Wrote:
> 1. Chantilly @ Centreville (-28)
> - Centreville won 57-34, failing to cover. Were
> they really up 40 at one point?

I took Centreville to win and cover. Correct winner, wrong against the spread. I understand that Centreville was up big, easily covering the spread, but that Chantilly scored some garbage time points to keep Centreville from covering.
>
> 2. Edison @ South County (-28)
> - South County blanked Edison 30-0. Kudos to the
> Eagles for making it to the playoffs, slow
> improvmenet.

Correctly picked both South County to win and cover. The clock did indeed strike midnight for Edison's Cinderella season. There is no shame in losing to a superior South County team, and hopefully Edison can build on this success for next year.
>
> 3. Hayfield @ West Springfield (-24)
> - The Spartans won 29-10. Seems like Hayfield had
> a good gameplan coming in but the difference in
> the talent decided this one.

I took West Springfield to both win and cover. Correct pick on the winner, wrong against the spread.
>
> 4. Herndon @ Westfield (-9)
> - Westfield over Herndon in double OT 31-28.
> Westfield will have their hands full next week.
> Although Herndon finished 6-5 that is a big
> improvement for them.

I took Westfield to both win and cover. Correctly picked the winner, but wrong against the spread. THere is a theme emerging here -- underdogs overperformed. However, that trend isn't going to hold for the remaining games.
>
> 5. Robinson @ Lake Braddock (-7)
> - Lake Braddock won 24-13 and my Robinson
> prediction was wrong. Good win for the Bruins
> although they will have their hands full at
> Fairfax next weekend.

I, too, took Robo to win outright. At halftime, that looked like a good bet, but a couple of ill-timed turnovers in the second half turned it for Lake Braddock. Lake Braddock shows that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
>
> 6. T.C. Williams @ Fairfax (-21)
> - Fairfax won and covered easily, 49-7.

Took Fairfax to win, but not cover. There were two reasons for this: one, I'm still not used to the idea of Fairfax being good. Second, TCW was so inconsistent this season, that I was afraid that the good version would show up. Correctly picked the winner, but wrong against the spread.
>
> 7. Washington-Lee @ Madison (-24)
> - Madison won and covered 56-6, 50 points is the
> biggest win of the year of the Warhawks.

Correctly picked Madison to both win and cover. If you're keeping track, this is my first correct pick against the spread, so it wasn't a good week for me in that department.
>
> 8. William Fleming @ Stone Bridge (-28)
> - Stone Bridge won and covered 38-7.

Correctly picked Stone Bridge to both win and cover.
>
> 9. Yorktown @ Langley (-3)
> - Although Langley was the home favorite having
> beaten Yorktown the first time, I picked Yorktown
> to win and they indeed did, 21-14. Yorktown just
> felt like the right pick.

I took Yorktown to win outright, so correct winner and correct against the spread.

Date: November 13, 2022 11:01PM

My picks against these spreads.

parentof2 - region semi finals Wrote:
> Have to keep it short this week with family in
> town… I don’t think we saw a single upset this
> weekend in NOVA, unlike the rest of the state. The
> best teams in the area are left folks as we are
> getting down to the nitty gritty.
>
>
> 1. Lake Braddock @ Fairfax (-9)
> - Game of the week. Fairfax puts their 11-0 record
> on the line against a Bruins team they beat 29-14
> the first time they met. Doc has a chance to right
> that and win his first big game at the helm in
> Burke.

Fairfax beat Lake Braddock by 15 in their regular season matchup. I don't see any reason why they can't again. Fairfax wins and covers.
>
> 2. Riverbend @ Stone Bridge (-24)
> - Riverbend is out of Fredericksburg and you
> can’t short them as they have made it this far,
> but I think Stone Bridge wins easily.

Stone Bridge wins and covers.
>
> 3. Westfield @ Centreville (-21)
> - The Wildcats will prove to be too much for the
> Bulldogs. Centreville won 35-7 the first time they
> met, you can expect a similar result this time
> around as well.

Westfield needed 2 overtimes to beat an upstart Herndon team last week. And, we've seen plenty of evidence all season that this isn't your older brother's Westfield team. Centreville wins and covers.
>
> 4. West Springfield @ South County (-7)
> - To keep it short, the first time these two
> matched up South County won by 7 and I expect a
> similar result this time. The Spartans have a good
> team but the Stallions are a level above them.

If rumors about West Springfield's QB are correct, South County should win in a blowout. Even if they aren't, I think So CO is a bit better. South County wins and covers.
>
> 5. Yorktown @ Madison (-7)
> Co-Game of the week. Yorktown went to Madison and
> won 14-11 in September but the Warhawks have won 8
> in a row since then. I think they get it done at
> home when it counts.

I think Madison has righted the ship from an early 0-3 start. Madison wins and covers.

Posted by: Disturber ()
Date: November 14, 2022 01:51PM

Well, Doc did win a big game finally.

But anyone who watched that saw how badly the local HS game has fallen. Robo or LB teams from 10 years ago would have destroyed either. Shit, Woodson from 10 years ago would have beaten them. Robo must have killed three drives with offsides. Terrible discipline.

Robo's coach looked afraid to throw it.

The tackling by both sides was worse than ankle biters used to play.

Date: November 14, 2022 06:52PM

Disturber Wrote:
> Well, Doc did win a big game finally.
>
> But anyone who watched that saw how badly the
> local HS game has fallen. Robo or LB teams from
> 10 years ago would have destroyed either. Shit,
> Woodson from 10 years ago would have beaten them.
> Robo must have killed three drives with offsides.
> Terrible discipline.
>
> Robo's coach looked afraid to throw it.
>
> The tackling by both sides was worse than ankle
> biters used to play.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way but winning a first round playoff game against a lower seed is hardly the definition of "winning a big game." My recollection is that winning that THIRD playoff game is the hump LB seems to be unable to get over. Not since Poythress in 2009 & 2010. I think the monkey is still on Doc's back.

Posted by: Disturber ()
Date: November 15, 2022 07:55AM

Re: "I hope you don't take this the wrong way but winning a first round playoff game against a lower seed is hardly the definition of "winning a big game." My recollection is that winning that THIRD playoff game is the hump LB seems to be unable to get over. Not since Poythress in 2009 & 2010. I think the monkey is still on Doc's back."

-You are probably right. But, Beating the team you can walk to was a big thing. I AM NOT a fan of Doc.

Posted by: Is It True ()
Date: November 15, 2022 12:05PM

Hayfield is claiming on social media their punter had a 92 yard punt lol.. that literally seems impossible for a pro, let alone a high schooler. Is it true?

Posted by: Pulemafinga ()
Date: November 15, 2022 11:07PM

Is It True Wrote:
> Hayfield is claiming on social media their punter
> had a 92 yard punt lol.. that literally seems
> impossible for a pro, let alone a high schooler.
> Is it true?

Wind

Posted by: Forge ()
Date: November 16, 2022 11:29AM

Anyone see undefeated battlefield go down to Forge? Everyone talks about Madison’s strength of schedule but not Colonial forge. Freedom will have their hands full this week Forge’s staff knows how to win games in the playoffs. (Just not in December)

Posted by: nova dad ()
Date: November 16, 2022 06:38PM

Yorktown will beat Madison again this Friday. Yorktown is a bad matchup for the Warhawks and has given Madison their last 2 losses against region 6d teams.

Posted by: warhawkszn ()
Date: November 16, 2022 10:10PM

nova dad Wrote:
> Yorktown will beat Madison again this Friday.
> Yorktown is a bad matchup for the Warhawks and has
> given Madison their last 2 losses against region
> 6d teams.

Madison is going to kick the shit out of Yorktown. Won’t be close.

Pages: PreviousFirst...345678910111213AllNext
Current Page: 10 of 13

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.