HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112All...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Not Nova ()
Date: September 29, 2022 06:36PM

Thurs Night Lights Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Any games tonight?

Oscar Smith is losing 10-0 to some school called Indian Head on the NFHS network

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kangen Alkaline Water ()
Date: September 29, 2022 09:21PM

The Marshall game is cancelled according to the text update from FCPS. The hurricane will be blowing through this area tomorrow after school.

Posted by: HQICB ()
Date: September 30, 2022 12:03PM

Interesting if true, you’d have to think all the other FCPS games are cancelled too. They shoulda moved the games to Thursday like 757 did

Posted by: san dimas hs football ()
Date: September 30, 2022 02:17PM

HQICB Wrote:
> Interesting if true, you’d have to think all the
> other FCPS games are cancelled too. They shoulda
> moved the games to Thursday like 757 did

Update is for most FCPS schools, the game time has been moved up.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: September 30, 2022 02:47PM

If any FCPS games have been canceled, then that’s a school decision. Per website at this time all after school activities are scheduled as planned . Most starting tones have been moved up.

Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: September 30, 2022 04:38PM

Contrary to troll "Kangen Alkaline Water" the Madison game will be tonite against Marshall at 7:00pm per the JMHS Athletics twitter feed earlier today...

Posted by: Wildcats ()
Date: September 30, 2022 06:16PM

8:14 left in the first quarter. Centreville 14, Woodson 0. Woodson has had two possessions, three and out on both. Centreville has run exactly 3 offensive plays from scrimmage.

Posted by: wtkbn ()
Date: September 30, 2022 06:35PM

LoCo Wrote:
> Did anybody know that Highland Springs is now
> class 6? I bet Stone Bridge is extremely happy

Highland Springs will be in Class 6 next season. They'll dominate & win several State Titles. Just weird stuff happening in the 757 for Smith to challenge the Springers. It looks like at least 5-6 kids that have been starters for the Tigers are playing for other teams. 3 of those kids transferred to Indian River & almost upset them last night!

Boy Madison missed their chance by 1 year. This would have been it for them.

Look for Freedom vs Battlefield winner in the playoffs to win it all! Then it's gonna be a decade long run for the Springers unless Loren Johnson decides to take over @ Virginia Tech.

Posted by: HTCIS ()
Date: September 30, 2022 06:58PM

wtkbn Wrote:
> LoCo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Did anybody know that Highland Springs is now
> > class 6? I bet Stone Bridge is extremely happy
>
>
> Highland Springs will be in Class 6 next season.
> They'll dominate & win several State Titles. Just
> weird stuff happening in the 757 for Smith to
> challenge the Springers. It looks like at least
> 5-6 kids that have been starters for the Tigers
> are playing for other teams. 3 of those kids
> transferred to Indian River & almost upset them
> last night!
>
> Boy Madison missed their chance by 1 year. This
> would have been it for them.
>
> Look for Freedom vs Battlefield winner in the
> playoffs to win it all! Then it's gonna be a
> decade long run for the Springers unless Loren
> Johnson decides to take over @ Virginia Tech.

Just to add to what you said, (great post, didn’t know that. about Smith losing that many starters!) Smith can be beat and Freedom looks like the real deal, probs better than Battlefield

Also guys, Lb is up 29-3 early 2Q

Posted by: HKVHS ()
Date: September 30, 2022 08:28PM

Centreville beats WTW 63-0 LMAO!

Where’s that Woodson guy? I bet Henderson feels real damn stupid

Posted by: SoCoStallion25 ()
Date: September 30, 2022 08:45PM

Anyone have a Soco MV final?

Date: September 30, 2022 08:56PM

South County 51
Mount Vernon 6

Posted by: HDHCN ()
Date: September 30, 2022 09:40PM

Anyone know if Wakefield got their first win or did Herndon win? Can’t find anything anywhere. Thx

Posted by: Hornets! ()
Date: September 30, 2022 10:03PM

Final was 65-0, Herndon won

Posted by: FCPSsucks ()
Date: October 01, 2022 09:22AM

The overall level of play in Fairfax Co. is embarrassing. A combination of lack of talent and horrible coaching. The amount of 50+ point blowouts this year is out of control.

Posted by: 75777777 ()
Date: October 01, 2022 09:35AM

HTCIS Wrote:
> wtkbn Wrote:
> -----
> > LoCo Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Did anybody know that Highland Springs is now
> > > class 6? I bet Stone Bridge is extremely
> happy
> >
> >
> > Highland Springs will be in Class 6 next
> season.
> > They'll dominate & win several State Titles.
> Just
> > weird stuff happening in the 757 for Smith to
> > challenge the Springers. It looks like at least
> > 5-6 kids that have been starters for the Tigers
> > are playing for other teams. 3 of those kids
> > transferred to Indian River & almost upset them
> > last night!
> >
> > Boy Madison missed their chance by 1 year. This
> > would have been it for them.
> >
> > Look for Freedom vs Battlefield winner in the
> > playoffs to win it all! Then it's gonna be a
> > decade long run for the Springers unless Loren
> > Johnson decides to take over @ Virginia Tech.
>
> Just to add to what you said, (great post,
> didn’t know that. about Smith losing that many
> starters!) Smith can be beat and Freedom looks
> like the real deal, probs better than Battlefield
>
>
> Also guys, Lb is up 29-3 early 2Q

Not sure how Smith is #1 team in VA except that they won 2 titles lately? To me it"s 50/50 that they beat Western Branch this year & I'll be surprised if tbey beat King's Fork!! In the Playoffs they'll have to get past WB and Thomas Dale before playing the winner of Battlefield vs Freedom. I give them 25% chance of playing in the Semi-State game this year!

So, somehow kids think Indian River, who won't beat Kempsville OR Green Run to get out of their own Class 5 Region, is a better place to succeed than Smith, who would have had a chance @ a 3 peat state title if they stayed? Other kids are playing @ Portsmouth Christian who might win their private school league but has zero significance with how poor the competition is!!??

Just some weird stuff tied to the pay to play passing leagues & trainers trying to disrupt things. Back during the Covid, Fall of 2020 & no HS football, these guys put on great passing league, multi team tournament which Smith beat every team easily, except the championship game!!! Why, their opponent somehow had EVERY all star player from the other teams!!!?? Those same guys funnel kids to Maury & Green Run AND Phoebus... It could be argued now that those are tbe top 3 teams in the 757 area! AND at the same time sending those kids to schools other than UVA & VT because their not getting $$$$ from them...

Bottom line is that Loren Johnson @ Highland Springs figured out how to keep his source of top talent coming to him instead of other programs. Overton undertands the process, he's just not as good of a coach and is sloppy with the details to keep from getting caught with transfers.

Northern VA schools won't have a chance at another title for a long time unless some one can figure out how to get their own feeder programs built up in the same way.

Posted by: metro silver line phase 2 ()
Date: October 01, 2022 09:53AM

Hornets! Wrote:
> Final was 65-0, Herndon won

Most of those points were scored in the first quarter. Hard to believe Herndon was winless the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Posted by: FCPS Districts ()
Date: October 01, 2022 10:10AM

Once FCPS realigned districts and put all the traditional good schools in two districts and all the traditional bad schools in the other 2 districts the separation between good and bad has grown tremendously. The good schools are pulling talent and coaches in an effort to compete and the bad schools can win a few games without putting forth any effort or resources to improve. When the good districts match up against the bad district in out of conference play which is necessary for playoff points and completing schedules the blowouts are all most a certainty. Football has always been a resource competition. If you don’t invest in your program by hiring coaches in the building and promoting your team you will get left behind fast.

Posted by: HKVHS ()
Date: October 01, 2022 10:31AM

No way lmao, what was the score after the 1st in the Herndon game?

@757, great post. I didn’t realize a lot of that

@fcpssucks, it’s simple. Aside from the Concord and the top half of the Patriot, the rest of the county does indeed suck and that’s why you get these blowouts. Wish VHSL would do something to fix it but they won’t

Posted by: HCHSB ()
Date: October 01, 2022 10:31AM

FCPS Districts Wrote:
> Once FCPS realigned districts and put all the
> traditional good schools in two districts and all
> the traditional bad schools in the other 2
> districts the separation between good and bad has
> grown tremendously. The good schools are pulling
> talent and coaches in an effort to compete and the
> bad schools can win a few games without putting
> forth any effort or resources to improve. When
> the good districts match up against the bad
> district in out of conference play which is
> necessary for playoff points and completing
> schedules the blowouts are all most a certainty.
> Football has always been a resource competition.
> If you don’t invest in your program by hiring
> coaches in the building and promoting your team
> you will get left behind fast.

This as well, we’ll said

Posted by: new districts ()
Date: October 01, 2022 11:01AM

HKVHS Wrote:
> No way lmao, what was the score after the 1st in
> the Herndon game?
>
> @757, great post. I didn’t realize a lot of that
>
>
> @fcpssucks, it’s simple. Aside from the Concord
> and the top half of the Patriot, the rest of the
> county does indeed suck and that’s why you get
> these blowouts. Wish VHSL would do something to
> fix it but they won’t

I think it was 42-0 at the end of the first, and then Herndon took out the starters.

The districts were better two years ago, but VHSL wanted to clean up the region alignments.

Posted by: bulldogs ()
Date: October 01, 2022 05:56PM

new districts Wrote:
> HKVHS Wrote:
> -----
> > No way lmao, what was the score after the 1st
> in
> > the Herndon game?
> >
> > @757, great post. I didn’t realize a lot of
> that
> >
> >
> > @fcpssucks, it’s simple. Aside from the
> Concord
> > and the top half of the Patriot, the rest of
> the
> > county does indeed suck and that’s why you
> get
> > these blowouts. Wish VHSL would do something to
> > fix it but they won’t
>
> I think it was 42-0 at the end of the first, and
> then Herndon took out the starters.
>
> The districts were better two years ago, but VHSL
> wanted to clean up the region alignments.

Mostly started because Colonial Forge thought they should be playing Northern VA teams. Westfield had their AD or Principle on the executive committee @ VHSL. The first vote was approved but Simmons had a fit & said it was too far to drive for Friday night games!!! So, they appealed it & that's how Region B includes Battlefield which may be further away than the Bulldogs are from CF.

Posted by: nufan ()
Date: October 01, 2022 07:11PM

Battlefield is closer. And might be closer than the Alexandria and Arlington schools.

Posted by: VHSL VOTE ()
Date: October 01, 2022 07:42PM

The stafford schools appealed being group in with the Richmond schools and beach schools which I believe is region A. Slotting the Stafford schools south would have made the regions more balanced numbers wise, but they thought it was too far to travel so they got slotted with the PWC schools. The Fairfax and Arlington schools were always going to be split between two regions because their are so many D6 schools.

Posted by: parentof2 - week 5 results ()
Date: October 02, 2022 10:03AM

Happy October everyone! The season is flying by! I hope everyone is doing well, and not being forced to drink pumpkin coffee by their wives. I crack myself up, but I do hope all is well.

1. Broad Run @ Stone Bridge (-20)
- Stone Bridge dominated this one, 62-6. I can't respect SB going for 2 up 62-6 with 3 minutes left in the game, however. They are very run heavy this year with the injured QB, having over 400 yards against Forge and also 5 or 6 fumbles. The recipe to beat SB is stop the run, or do what Freedom did. (giggles) Also, did anyone know Broad Run has a 5 star OT who is committed to Penn St? I, for one, did not know that.

2. Cardozo (DC) @ Annandale (-7)
- Annandale won and covered, 55-14. Good for the Atoms. Should've been their HC game in my opinion. I also have to wonder what in the world is going on at Cardozo?

3. Chantilly (-8) @ T.C. Williams
- Totally got this one wrong as T.C. won 24-7. Good bounce back win for the Titans, who might be the hardest team to predict this year. Who would've had them losing to Herndon and then beating Chantilly! Injuries?

4. Fairfax (-35) @ Edison
- Fairfax won 35-6, failing to cover. Edison SHOULD win out from here on out and make the playoffs for the first time since 2018.

5. Herndon (-3) @ Wakefield
- My goodness folks, Herndon won 65-0. (!!!!) Going on what another user said, 42-0 after the 1st quarter?!?! WOW! This Wakefield team is giving the 2012 team a run for the worst Wakefield team ever. Also, shoutout to the Herndon coaching staff. I can't emphasize how good of a job they've done over there. They seem to be turning that program around and I could not be more happy for them & their kids. Well done, gentlemen.

6. Lake Braddock (-24) @ South Lakes
- The Bruins blasted the Seahawks, 50-10. First things first, shoutout to Billy Edwards (LB QB from last year) who came in last week for Maryland and played very well, I'm happy for that young man. Elliot Meine (I apologize if I misspelled the name) might be the best back in Fairfax, Him or Isaiah Ragland. The Bruins will seriously challenge South County and as of today, I think they would win. Now to South Lakes... Wow, have they fallen off. On their first drive their QB threw a screen pass into the dirt, followed by a pick 6. Then my wife said we have to go to dinner so that's all I got to see. I will say, the Seahawks are in trouble with Concorde play starting.

7. Marshall @ Madison (-17)
- Madison won and covered, 42-6. No surprise here folks.

8. McLean @ Yorktown (-40)
- Yorktown won, but did not cover, 38-13.

9. Mount Vernon @ South County (-24)
- SoCo won and covered 51-6. I know their QB Jordan Dennis got hurt against Westfield, does anyone know if he is back?

10. Woodson @ Centreville (-35)
- Centreville blanked Woodson 63-0. What was Henderson saying about shocking the world? In my opinion, Woodson will go winless in their division. I do wish them the best.

11. West Potomac (-49) @ Lee
- To answer my own question, no Lee did not show any fight. They lost 58-0. I knew West Po would cover. Shoutout to all the kids at Lee that are still playing, I know it can't be easy but it shows their character.

12. West Springfield (-30) @ Oakton
- The Spartans won and covered, 58-13.

Posted by: parentof2 - week 6 ()
Date: October 02, 2022 10:07AM

Week 6 already! Hard to believe. I hope all my Redskins fans enjoy the game today against Dallas, although I do not like our chances. Much better slate this week, minimal teams are idle this week, if any! Let’s get into it… (Again, ALL comments, both positive and negative are welcome! Let me know what you guys think!)

1. Annandale @ Mount Vernon (-21)
- I think the Atoms come out thinking they are high and mighty after blasting a DC school and the Majors take advantage. I envision a lot of turnovers for the Atoms. The Majors can easily win by 35+…

2. Chantilly @ Centreville (-17)
- Game of the week. Might be the Wildcats’ HC but I am not sure. Nonetheless, nothing like a good old rivalry game. If the Chargers lost to TC, they are in trouble with the Wildcats.

3. Edison (-24) @ Falls Church
- I wanted to make the spread higher and Edison will more than likely blow them out. I have been impressed with the Eagles, they’ve made the most of what they were given. You have to tip your cap to the coaching staff.

4. Lake Braddock (-28) @ T.C. Williams
- The Bruins are a top 5 team in Class 6, and while the Titans are hard to predict, this one was rather easy. Bruins win big.

5. Lee @ Thomas Jefferson (-4)
- The only TJ game I will provide a spread on this year, also a chance for Lee to get their only win. Kind of a toss up in my mind. Also, no reason why TJ is not playing a National District schedule.

6. Madison (-35) @ Oakton
- Oakton is on a 3 game losing streak going into Concorde play, and I don’t think they will win another game this year. I will say they’ve improved. Is this game still the Outback Bowl? It should be, I loved that concept.

7. South County (-38) @ Woodson
- Running clock in the 2nd half. I hope WTW enjoyed those wins against the cupcake schools because it’s about to get real for the Cavs. For SoCo, I hope Jordan Dennis is alright.

8. South Lakes @ Westfield (-28)
- After what I saw from the Seahawks against Lake Braddock, they will struggle in the Concorde. The Bulldogs are much better coached, this one could get ugly.

9. Stone Bridge (-35) @ Briar Woods
- Mickey & co. will continue to roll. As long as they aren’t playing Freedom. Looking forward to Stone Bridge v. Independence to end the year as their coach was a long time Mickey assistant.

10. Stuart @ Hayfield (-35)
- The Hawks’ HC game coming off a bye week. JEB sucks, no way around it. Aziz coming from Falls Church is familiar with JEB. Hawks win big on Homecoming.

11. Wakefield @ McLean (-14)
- By no means is McLean a good team, no disrespect. Wakefield is just THAT bad. Shoutout to the kids that are sticking around and continuing to play, I know it can’t be easy but those kids are showing heart and loyalty.

12. Washington-Lee (-10) @ Langley
- One of the harder games to pick this week, so I’m going with my gut. I think the Generals have the better team and pull away late.

13. West Potomac @ Fairfax (-15)
- Intriguing game. Look for Fairfax to be challenged. They are the better team but West Po might shock them with their athleticism.

14. West Springfield @ Robinson (-14)
- Game of the week. Two 5-0 teams clashing, this one should be fantastic. The Rams need to stop the Spartans’ pass attack and the Spartans need to stop the Rams’ running attack. The better defense could very well win, but I think the Rams are 2 scores better than the Spartans. It should be noted, these are 2 very good teams.

15. Yorktown (-20) @ Herndon
- Game is played on Saturday 10/8, as Herndon always plays their HC game on Saturday (which I think more schools should do). Based on how Herndon has preformed this year, I don’t know what to think! Hanson will have his boys ready in my mind and the Patriots will spoil the Hornets’ HC.

Posted by: HISGC ()
Date: October 02, 2022 10:41AM

Wow, parentof2 great insight, I am grateful for you

Posted by: Region Guy thoughts 2022 ()
Date: October 02, 2022 12:11PM

Big Game Big Name Wrote:
> Woodson will beat Centreville outright...biggest
> upset of the year!
> Centreville is looking passed Woodson to their
> next game. Woodson is playing their best football
> and are poised and ready to play their best game.
>
> Centreville will have trouble with Woodson's
> passing game, Kai and Themba are basically
> unstoppable. Aidan is the most underrated QB in
> the region, when they get going, no one has been
> able to stop them. Look for a high scoring game
> with Woodson victorious
>
> So keep on hating on Woodson, it's just adding
> fuel to the fire!

When you have played 3 teams that have won 1 game combined and come on here talking all that nonsense, how you are going to shock the world and how your players are unstoppable, you got what you deserved! 63-0 Stop drinking the kool aid, Woodson is terrible and will not win another game. They may not even score another point, unless it's against backups

Posted by: Super genius ()
Date: October 02, 2022 04:15PM

Region Guy thoughts 2022 Wrote:
> Big Game Big Name Wrote:
> -----
> > Woodson will beat Centreville
> outright...biggest
> > upset of the year!
> > Centreville is looking passed Woodson to their
> > next game. Woodson is playing their best
> football
> > and are poised and ready to play their best
> game.
> >
> > Centreville will have trouble with Woodson's
> > passing game, Kai and Themba are basically
> > unstoppable. Aidan is the most underrated QB in
> > the region, when they get going, no one has
> been
> > able to stop them. Look for a high scoring game
> > with Woodson victorious
> >
> > So keep on hating on Woodson, it's just adding
> > fuel to the fire!
>
>
>
> When you have played 3 teams that have won 1 game
> combined and come on here talking all that
> nonsense, how you are going to shock the world and
> how your players are unstoppable, you got what you
> deserved! 63-0 Stop drinking the kool aid, Woodson
> is terrible and will not win another game. They
> may not even score another point, unless it's
> against backups

You get this is a troll right?

Posted by: Parent of 22 ()
Date: October 02, 2022 08:41PM

Using old names of teams all the time because you disagree with the politics of the decision is ignorant. How difficult is it to just use the new names.

Posted by: parentof2 - misc ()
Date: October 02, 2022 09:02PM

Parent of 22 Wrote:
> Using old names of teams all the time because you
> disagree with the politics of the decision is
> ignorant. How difficult is it to just use the new
> names.

As I have said for the last 3-4 years I have been doing spreads, I use the old school names that I am used to and my kids played against. I say this at the beginning of the year. Don’t like it? Shut your mouth then. Nobody has had a problem in 4 years except you. And, to be honest, I don’t care. I will continue to use the old names. Either follow my spreads or just leave this group.

Posted by: nova fan ()
Date: October 02, 2022 11:27PM

Thanks again for doing these spreads. This is the highlight of this thread. By the way, I completely endorse your message telling that other snowflake poster to take a hike.

Here's a review of how I did with my picks against your srads.

parentof2 - week 5 results Wrote:
> Happy October everyone! The season is flying by! I
> hope everyone is doing well, and not being forced
> to drink pumpkin coffee by their wives. I crack
> myself up, but I do hope all is well.
>
>
> 1. Broad Run @ Stone Bridge (-20)
> - Stone Bridge dominated this one, 62-6. I can't
> respect SB going for 2 up 62-6 with 3 minutes left
> in the game, however. They are very run heavy this
> year with the injured QB, having over 400 yards
> against Forge and also 5 or 6 fumbles. The recipe
> to beat SB is stop the run, or do what Freedom
> did. (giggles) Also, did anyone know Broad Run has
> a 5 star OT who is committed to Penn St? I, for
> one, did not know that.

Correctly picked Stone Bridge to both win and to cover.
>
> 2. Cardozo (DC) @ Annandale (-7)
> - Annandale won and covered, 55-14. Good for the
> Atoms. Should've been their HC game in my opinion.
> I also have to wonder what in the world is going
> on at Cardozo?

Correctly picked Annandale to both win and cover. The Atoms aren't going to have a good season, but it's still nice to see them get a win. Annandale still has left to play Mt. Vernon, Hayfield, Falls Church, and JEB. I wouldn't pick them to beat Mt. Vernon or Hayfield, but they might have a chance against Falls Church (who is really bad this year). I'll admit I was rooting hard for them to get a win on Friday.
>
> 3. Chantilly (-8) @ T.C. Williams
> - Totally got this one wrong as T.C. won 24-7.
> Good bounce back win for the Titans, who might be
> the hardest team to predict this year. Who
> would've had them losing to Herndon and then
> beating Chantilly! Injuries?

I picked Chantilly to both win and cover, so I got both ends of this pick wrong. Frankly, I'm stunned, and I have the same question about whether the injury bug has hit Chantilly. A team like Chantilly should easily beat a team that lost to Herndon.
>
> 4. Fairfax (-35) @ Edison
> - Fairfax won 35-6, failing to cover. Edison
> SHOULD win out from here on out and make the
> playoffs for the first time since 2018.

Correctly picked Fairfax to win, but I thought they would cover, so I got that part of the pick wrong. Edison was more competitive against Fairfax than Fairfax's other OOD creampuffs, so this shows Edison's improvement. Another note on Edison: Edison is now in the 8th position in the Region C playoff standings. They went into the week behind Woodson for 8th, but passed them this week, even in a loss. I think National will get at most two teams in the playoffs (more likely only one, though), and it will be between Edison, Hayfield, and Mt. Vernon.
>
> 5. Herndon (-3) @ Wakefield
> - My goodness folks, Herndon won 65-0. (!!!!)
> Going on what another user said, 42-0 after the
> 1st quarter?!?! WOW! This Wakefield team is giving
> the 2012 team a run for the worst Wakefield team
> ever. Also, shoutout to the Herndon coaching
> staff. I can't emphasize how good of a job they've
> done over there. They seem to be turning that
> program around and I could not be more happy for
> them & their kids. Well done, gentlemen.

Herndon is the other feel good story of this season. I correctly picked them to both win and to cover.
>
> 6. Lake Braddock (-24) @ South Lakes
> - The Bruins blasted the Seahawks, 50-10. First
> things first, shoutout to Billy Edwards (LB QB
> from last year) who came in last week for Maryland
> and played very well, I'm happy for that young
> man. Elliot Meine (I apologize if I misspelled the
> name) might be the best back in Fairfax, Him or
> Isaiah Ragland. The Bruins will seriously
> challenge South County and as of today, I think
> they would win. Now to South Lakes... Wow, have
> they fallen off. On their first drive their QB
> threw a screen pass into the dirt, followed by a
> pick 6. Then my wife said we have to go to dinner
> so that's all I got to see. I will say, the
> Seahawks are in trouble with Concorde play
> starting.

Correctly picked Lake Braddock to win, but I picked them not to cover. I think I have been seriously overestimating South Lakes this season.
>
> 7. Marshall @ Madison (-17)
> - Madison won and covered, 42-6. No surprise here
> folks.

Correctly picked Madison to both win and to cover. Madison seems to have righted the ship.
>
> 8. McLean @ Yorktown (-40)
> - Yorktown won, but did not cover, 38-13.

No pick made against a spread of >35 points. By hindsight, the spread should have been lower, but I get a spread like this playing against McLean.
>
> 9. Mount Vernon @ South County (-24)
> - SoCo won and covered 51-6. I know their QB
> Jordan Dennis got hurt against Westfield, does
> anyone know if he is back?

Correctly picked South County to both win and cover. I didn't need to be so nervous about the cover part of this pick.
>
> 10. Woodson @ Centreville (-35)
> - Centreville blanked Woodson 63-0. What was
> Henderson saying about shocking the world? In my
> opinion, Woodson will go winless in their
> division. I do wish them the best.

Correctly picked Centreville to both win and to cover. I decided to go to this game, just to see if all the hype we're hearing from the Woodson crowd had any basis. Short answer: It didn't. Centreville was up 21-1 not even halfway through the first period, and at that point, they had run as many offensive plays from scrimmage as they had scored touchdowns. I didn't even make halftime. I left halfway through the second when the score was 42-0. Woodson's remaining schedule is South County, @Fairfax, Robo, Lake Braddock, and @ TCW. Now that TCW has seemingly righted the ship, I'll renew my prediction that Woodson won't win another game this season.
>
> 11. West Potomac (-49) @ Lee
> - To answer my own question, no Lee did not show
> any fight. They lost 58-0. I knew West Po would
> cover. Shoutout to all the kids at Lee that are
> still playing, I know it can't be easy but it
> shows their character.

No pick against a >35 point spread
>
> 12. West Springfield (-30) @ Oakton
> - The Spartans won and covered, 58-13.

Correctly picked West Springfield to both win and cover. I was nervous about the cover part; turns out I didn't need to be.

Date: October 02, 2022 11:52PM

Now for my picks against these spreads. Sorry that the Redskins/Commanders lost, but since I'm not a fan, that loss didn't bother me. Unfortunately, my team lost.

parentof2 - week 6 Wrote:
> Week 6 already! Hard to believe. I hope all my
> Redskins fans enjoy the game today against Dallas,
> although I do not like our chances. Much better
> slate this week, minimal teams are idle this week,
> if any! Let’s get into it… (Again, ALL
> comments, both positive and negative are welcome!
> Let me know what you guys think!)
>
>
> 1. Annandale @ Mount Vernon (-21)
> - I think the Atoms come out thinking they are
> high and mighty after blasting a DC school and the
> Majors take advantage. I envision a lot of
> turnovers for the Atoms. The Majors can easily win
> by 35+…

Mt. Vernon wins and covers. Annandale might get another win this season, but not this week.
>
> 2. Chantilly @ Centreville (-17)
> - Game of the week. Might be the Wildcats’ HC
> but I am not sure. Nonetheless, nothing like a
> good old rivalry game. If the Chargers lost to TC,
> they are in trouble with the Wildcats.

I'm taking Centreville to both win and cover. This is a decent rivalry, but I think both teams traditionally consider Westfield a bigger rival. I'd be interested in feedback from their fanbases on this.
>
> 3. Edison (-24) @ Falls Church
> - I wanted to make the spread higher and Edison
> will more than likely blow them out. I have been
> impressed with the Eagles, they’ve made the most
> of what they were given. You have to tip your cap
> to the coaching staff.

I'm impressed with Edison as well. I think they'll win and cover. Easily.
>
> 4. Lake Braddock (-28) @ T.C. Williams
> - The Bruins are a top 5 team in Class 6, and
> while the Titans are hard to predict, this one was
> rather easy. Bruins win big.

TCW has been wildly inconsistent, but I think Lake Braddock is head and shoulders above them. Braddock wins and covers.
>
> 5. Lee @ Thomas Jefferson (-4)
> - The only TJ game I will provide a spread on this
> year, also a chance for Lee to get their only win.
> Kind of a toss up in my mind. Also, no reason why
> TJ is not playing a National District schedule.

I used to have a policy not to make picks in games involving TJ, but I'll make an exception here. I'll take TJ to win and cover. And I agree that there isn't any reason why they can't play a full National schedule.
>
> 6. Madison (-35) @ Oakton
> - Oakton is on a 3 game losing streak going into
> Concorde play, and I don’t think they will win
> another game this year. I will say they’ve
> improved. Is this game still the Outback Bowl? It
> should be, I loved that concept.

This is a rivalry game, but Oakton has fallen off recently, and Madison has righted things. I'll take Madison to win and cover.
>
> 7. South County (-38) @ Woodson
> - Running clock in the 2nd half. I hope WTW
> enjoyed those wins against the cupcake schools
> because it’s about to get real for the Cavs. For
> SoCo, I hope Jordan Dennis is alright.

No pick in games with > 35 point spread, though since I'm predicting that Woodson won't win another game this year, I think my pick for the outright winner is obvious.
>
> 8. South Lakes @ Westfield (-28)
> - After what I saw from the Seahawks against Lake
> Braddock, they will struggle in the Concorde. The
> Bulldogs are much better coached, this one could
> get ugly.

I completely agree with your comments on South Lakes, but Westfield has had their own struggles this year. Even so, I'll take Westfield to win and cover, though I would label this a low confidence pick.
>
> 9. Stone Bridge (-35) @ Briar Woods
> - Mickey & co. will continue to roll. As long as
> they aren’t playing Freedom. Looking forward to
> Stone Bridge v. Independence to end the year as
> their coach was a long time Mickey assistant.

Stone Bridge wins and covers.
>
> 10. Stuart @ Hayfield (-35)
> - The Hawks’ HC game coming off a bye week. JEB
> sucks, no way around it. Aziz coming from Falls
> Church is familiar with JEB. Hawks win big on
> Homecoming.

I had perceived Stuart to be middle of the pack in National, but then I looked at the Region C standings, and I see them next to the bottom; only Lee is worse. Hayfield wins and covers.
>
> 11. Wakefield @ McLean (-14)
> - By no means is McLean a good team, no
> disrespect. Wakefield is just THAT bad. Shoutout
> to the kids that are sticking around and
> continuing to play, I know it can’t be easy but
> those kids are showing heart and loyalty.
>
I really have no idea about this game, so I'm going to make my pick based on scores against a common opponent. Both these teams played Fairfax. Wakefield lost to Fairfax by 38. McLean lost to Fairfax by 45. So, by this completely arbitrary measure, Wakefield is 7 points better. That means I'll take Wakefield to win outright.

> 12. Washington-Lee (-10) @ Langley
> - One of the harder games to pick this week, so
> I’m going with my gut. I think the Generals have
> the better team and pull away late.

I was initially going to take Langley, but then I remembered that (North) Arlington football is on a roll this season. W-L wins and covers.
>
> 13. West Potomac @ Fairfax (-15)
> - Intriguing game. Look for Fairfax to be
> challenged. They are the better team but West Po
> might shock them with their athleticism.

I agree that this is an intriguing game. This is Fairfax's first serious competition this season. Should Fairfax be concerned about a seemingly lackluster performance against Edison? Not sure. However, West Po bounced Fairfax from the playoffs last year, so Fairfax will be looking for revenge and West Po doesn't seem to be quite as strong this year (their close call against Mt. Vernon is an example). I'll take Fairfax to win and cover.
>
> 14. West Springfield @ Robinson (-14)
> - Game of the week. Two 5-0 teams clashing, this
> one should be fantastic. The Rams need to stop the
> Spartans’ pass attack and the Spartans need to
> stop the Rams’ running attack. The better
> defense could very well win, but I think the Rams
> are 2 scores better than the Spartans. It should
> be noted, these are 2 very good teams.

This probably deserves game of the week honors, but I think Chantilly v. Centreville and West Po v. Fairfax are good runners up for that honor. I think Robo is a bit better, so I'll take them to win and cover.
>
> 15. Yorktown (-20) @ Herndon
> - Game is played on Saturday 10/8, as Herndon
> always plays their HC game on Saturday (which I
> think more schools should do). Based on how
> Herndon has preformed this year, I don’t know
> what to think! Hanson will have his boys ready in
> my mind and the Patriots will spoil the Hornets’
> HC.

After what Herndon has done the last couple of weeks, I'm not sure they can be prohibitive underdogs in any game. I do think Yorktown is better. I'm taking Yorktown to win, but not to cover.

Posted by: HEVCM ()
Date: October 03, 2022 09:43AM

Does anybody have a link to the current standings?

Posted by: Ex Coach ()
Date: October 03, 2022 10:38AM

"The overall level of play in Fairfax Co. is embarrassing. A combination of lack of talent and horrible coaching. The amount of 50+ point blowouts this year is out of control."

-Less kids are playing football period. FCYFL is 1/3 the size it once was. The leadership that shoved the "Heads Up Football" down everybody's throat's totally botched it. It was a money grab by a bunch of washed up coaches. Throw that in with mommies scared of football and the sport is dying from the middle class up.

-Freshman football is like coaching ankle biters.

-No one knows how to tackle. It can be don safely without that heads up BS. Plus, no one ever taught heads up running!

-Teams forced to spend time on the HU BS then show up and see NFL sponsored flag leagues on the sam fields.

Date: October 03, 2022 02:03PM

HEVCM Wrote:
> Does anybody have a link to the current standings?

https://www.hayfieldfootball.com/power-point-standings.html

This isn't official from the VHSL, but Hayfield's website puts out a weekly update of the Region C and Region D standings. I found this through a Google search, and I'm not sure where to find this directly on the school's athletic website.

Posted by: CougarFan54 ()
Date: October 03, 2022 02:21PM

The Oakton-Madison game is now the Vienna Inn Bowl. It's been that way for at least five or six years now.

Posted by: HEICN ()
Date: October 03, 2022 02:38PM

nova fan Wrote:
> HEVCM Wrote:
> -----
> > Does anybody have a link to the current
> standings?
>
>
> https://www.hayfieldfootball.com/power-point-stand
> ings.html
>
>
> This isn't official from the VHSL, but Hayfield's
> website puts out a weekly update of the Region C
> and Region D standings. I found this through a
> Google search, and I'm not sure where to find this
> directly on the school's athletic website.

Thank you. If the playoffs started today, Herndon would be in! That’s crazy

Posted by: VaPreps.com ()
Date: October 03, 2022 03:48PM

nova fan Wrote:
> HEVCM Wrote:
> -----
> > Does anybody have a link to the current
> standings?
>
>
> https://www.hayfieldfootball.com/power-point-stand
> ings.html
>
>
> This isn't official from the VHSL, but Hayfield's
> website puts out a weekly update of the Region C
> and Region D standings. I found this through a
> Google search, and I'm not sure where to find this
> directly on the school's athletic website.

This thread is done.. If patentof2 didn't post his predictions, no one would pay attention here any more...

vaPreps.com is free of the stupid shit we put up with here. The Class 6 thread is pretty slow compared to Class 4 & 5. BUT, IF there's hope to grow it, we are the ones that can!

here are the power points from Saturday.

Week 5

Region C
West Springfield (152) 30.40
Robinson (150) 30.00
Lake Braddock (146) 29.20
Fairfax (144) 28.80
South County (136) 27.20
Alexandria City (135) 27.00
West Potomac (124) 24.80
Edison (139) 23.17
=====
W.T. Woodson (114) 22.80
Hayfield (112) 22.40
Annandale (127) 21.17
Mount Vernon (125) 20.83
Falls Church (95) 19.00
Justice (88) 17.60
Lewis (83) 16.60

Region D
Westfield (143) 28.60
Centreville (139) 27.80
Langley (125) 25.00
Chantilly (123) 24.60
Yorktown (147) 24.50
Herndon (120) 24.00
Madison (116) 23.20
South Lakes (114) 22.80
=====
Oakton (112) 22.40
Washington-Liberty (108) 21.60
Marshall (109) 18.17
Wakefield (105) 17.50
McLean (103) 17.17

Posted by: Springers ()
Date: October 03, 2022 06:35PM

For anyone that wants to see what's coming next with Highland Springs, They're playing Colonial Foge Right NOW.. Game is NFHS Network, enjoy!

Posted by: HWICB ()
Date: October 03, 2022 09:05PM

Springers Wrote:
> For anyone that wants to see what's coming next
> with Highland Springs, They're playing Colonial
> Foge Right NOW.. Game is NFHS Network, enjoy!

They destroyed Forge 56-0 and looked damn impressive in the process, Stone Bridge is fucked this year

Posted by: 9WCWK ()
Date: October 04, 2022 09:38AM

HWICB Wrote:
> Springers Wrote:
> -----
> > For anyone that wants to see what's coming next
> > with Highland Springs, They're playing Colonial
> > Foge Right NOW.. Game is NFHS Network, enjoy!
>
> They destroyed Forge 56-0 and looked damn
> impressive in the process, Stone Bridge is fucked
> this year

Highland Springs and Freedom (PW) are the two best teams this year. D5 and D6 are theirs to lose, respectively. Battlefield, Stone Bridge, Oscar Smith and maybe Centreville (after they play some decent competition other than Stone Bridge) are all decent teams but they are just not on the level of Highland Springs and Freedom.

Posted by: HEBCB ()
Date: October 04, 2022 01:23PM

I learned today that TJ is ineligible for playoff contention since they don’t play a complete district schedule, their coach should be fired for this alone

Posted by: Power Points ()
Date: October 04, 2022 01:24PM

Posted by: gotw ()
Date: October 06, 2022 10:42PM

What’s everyone’s game of the week?

Posted by: DanKnows ()
Date: October 07, 2022 05:52AM

I don't know anything about the coach at TJ but stat8ng that h3 should be fired because of the schedule is incredibly ignorant. Coaches don't make the schedule, there is a regional committee 5hat does that!

Posted by: HEBAK ()
Date: October 07, 2022 10:57AM

gotw Wrote:
> What’s everyone’s game of the week?

Hayfield/Justice!!!

Posted by: HEICB ()
Date: October 07, 2022 10:58AM

Lol on a serious note I am most looking forward to Cville/Chantilly

Posted by: GVKKD ()
Date: October 07, 2022 01:47PM

HEICB Wrote:
> Lol on a serious note I am most looking forward to
> Cville/Chantilly

If Chantilly plays like they did against Alexandria City last week this game will be over quickly. Centreville is a better team already, and Chantilly looked bad last week. A better game to see would be West Springfield at Robinson or West Potomac at Fairfax.

Posted by: HUAKC ()
Date: October 07, 2022 07:22PM

Fairfax 14 West Pot 0 in the 1st
West Potomac looks overrated

Date: October 07, 2022 07:40PM

Just into Q2

James Madison 21
Oakton 0

...including a tipped pass interception by one of the Warhawk lineman... hard not score from the 7 yard line

Posted by: Wildcat ()
Date: October 07, 2022 08:08PM

Cville 24-0 over chantilly at half time

Posted by: REGION C ()
Date: October 07, 2022 08:08PM

Patriot scores

Fairfax 28, West Potomac 7, halftime
Robo 7, West Springfield 6, halftime.
South County 28, Woodson 6, midway thru second quarter

I can't find a Lake Braddock/Alexandria score.

Posted by: BadBoi ()
Date: October 07, 2022 08:10PM

Go Warhawks!!

Posted by: Squad ()
Date: October 07, 2022 08:14PM

Go Oakton. Beat James Madison!

Posted by: 7e3nt ()
Date: October 07, 2022 08:20PM

Oakton BLOHS... (worse than Langley)

Cougars 0
Warhawks A LOT (49)

...not yet halftime...

Date: October 07, 2022 08:27PM

HALF

Lake Braddock 36
Alexandria City 7

Justice 14
Hayfield 28

Date: October 07, 2022 08:31PM

IN Q3
Westfield 19
South Lakes 7

HALF
Washington Liberty 28
Langley 0

HALF
McLean 35
Wakefield 0

IN Q2
South County 41
Woodson 6

Posted by: HAJCN ()
Date: October 07, 2022 08:47PM

@Hmm…… You are great with the score updates!

Posted by: PWC ()
Date: October 07, 2022 09:14PM

Freedom was up 91-0 on Colgan at HALFTIME. My fucking god!

Date: October 07, 2022 09:16PM

Robinson / West Springfield going to overtime tied 14-14

Posted by: Rebellious Lion ()
Date: October 07, 2022 09:26PM

Fairfax 42, West Potomac 21. Final.

Date: October 07, 2022 09:33PM

FINAL / 1OT
West Springfield 21
Robinson 20

Posted by: Arlington guy ()
Date: October 07, 2022 09:39PM

WL 35 Langley 21

Posted by: HAHCH ()
Date: October 07, 2022 09:42PM

PWC Wrote:
> Freedom was up 91-0 on Colgan at HALFTIME. My
> fucking god!

They won 112-16… Unreal.

Posted by: dingdongding ()
Date: October 07, 2022 09:43PM

Westfield 40 - South Lakes 15 final.

Posted by: Fuck Langley ()
Date: October 07, 2022 09:44PM

Hmmm... Wrote:
> IN Q3
> Westfield 19
> South Lakes 7
>
> HALF
> Washington Liberty 28
> Langley 0
>
> HALF
> McLean 35
> Wakefield 0
>
> IN Q2
> South County 41
> Woodson 6

Mclean Final??????

Date: October 07, 2022 09:47PM

FINAL
McLean 41
Wakefield 7

Posted by: Fluey ()
Date: October 07, 2022 10:52PM

Annandale - 14
Mt. Vernon - 24

Final

Posted by: DONNIE T! ()
Date: October 07, 2022 11:21PM

What was your biggest upset? Biggest win?

Posted by: dumbassss ()
Date: October 07, 2022 11:52PM

HAHCH Wrote:
> PWC Wrote:
> -----
> > Freedom was up 91-0 on Colgan at HALFTIME. My
> > fucking god!
>
> They won 112-16… Unreal.

Overton is just a dumbass. He finds a new way to prove himself to be dumber each year. What was he thinking? The schoolboard should call him into the you're fired meeting on Monday Morning!

Posted by: Region Guys Thoughts ()
Date: October 08, 2022 12:22AM

13 TDs in the first half.....some teams do not score that in 5-6 games!

Overton needs to be suspended for Un-sportsmen like conduct or conduct detrimental to the game. There are no excuses for scoring 112 points against a team who obviously could not match up with them. All he was doing is trying to humiliate those players and coaches. Kudos to Colgan players and coaches for not quitting

Posted by: freedomwb ()
Date: October 08, 2022 02:23AM

None of those 112 points will matter when the county’s investigation wraps up. Battlefield better get ready for Oscar Smith.

Posted by: Freedom Truth ()
Date: October 08, 2022 02:34AM

Region Guys Thoughts Wrote:
> 13 TDs in the first half.....some teams do not
> score that in 5-6 games!
>
> Overton needs to be suspended for Un-sportsmen
> like conduct or conduct detrimental to the game.
> There are no excuses for scoring 112 points
> against a team who obviously could not match up
> with them. All he was doing is trying to humiliate
> those players and coaches. Kudos to Colgan players
> and coaches for not quitting

OverCoon won’t get in trouble unless something drastic happens I would report him. He loves to run it up with the kids he poached. There has been shooting at F-WB games. GHETTO & HE CLEARLY CROOTS! More blatant than Stone bridge coach. YepOverCoon has to go. I will call the VHSL HQ

Posted by: troooollllllll ()
Date: October 08, 2022 08:11AM

Freedom Truth Wrote:
> Region Guys Thoughts Wrote:
> -----
> > 13 TDs in the first half.....some teams do not
> > score that in 5-6 games!
> >
> > Overton needs to be suspended for Un-sportsmen
> > like conduct or conduct detrimental to the
> game.
> > There are no excuses for scoring 112 points
> > against a team who obviously could not match up
> > with them. All he was doing is trying to
> humiliate
> > those players and coaches. Kudos to Colgan
> players
> > and coaches for not quitting
>
> OverCoon won’t get in trouble unless something
> drastic happens I would report him. He loves to
> run it up with the kids he poached. There has been
> shooting at F-WB games. GHETTO & HE CLEARLY
> CROOTS! More blatant than Stone bridge coach.
> YepOverCoon has to go. I will call the VHSL HQ
you can have video taped evidence of recruiting kids & VHSL COULDN'T / WOULDN'T do anything. They have no enforcement authority. It's up to the School booard district and Freedom's principal to discipline Overton. VHSL did ZERO to coach Scott when there was documented efforts to recruit kids to Ocean Lakes. They arguably should have stripped their 2014 Title but they couldn't.

Posted by: gotw ()
Date: October 08, 2022 08:27AM

Game of the year in the Northern Region this week.

Centreville @ Madison. Should be a great game, and pretty much all bets would be on there being a rematch thanksgiving weekend no matter who wins this week.

Posted by: HAHCH ()
Date: October 08, 2022 09:38AM

LMAO yo that Freedom score is fucking insane.

Posted by: PXJJW ()
Date: October 08, 2022 12:00PM

HAHCH Wrote:
> LMAO yo that Freedom score is fucking insane.

Yeah, but he didn't run up the score!

https://www.insidenova.com/sports/prince_william/freedom-woodbridge-coach-adament-team-did-not-run-up-the-score-in-112-16-win/article_462fcc60-46c3-11ed-98b8-2b8fc4120ab6.html

If this isn't an example of "running up the score" than there is no such thing.

Posted by: Freedom Nogs ()
Date: October 08, 2022 12:28PM

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT MAKES IT EVEN BETTER HAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY SHIT

Posted by: HAICBS ()
Date: October 08, 2022 01:12PM

Herndon up 7-0 on Yorktown early.

Posted by: HXAQW ()
Date: October 08, 2022 01:54PM

HAICBS Wrote:
> Herndon up 7-0 on Yorktown early.

Herndon 14-0.

Posted by: Smh1900 ()
Date: October 08, 2022 02:42PM

PXJJW Wrote:
> HAHCH Wrote:
> -----
> > LMAO yo that Freedom score is fucking insane.
>
>
> Yeah, but he didn't run up the score!
>
> https://www.insidenova.com/sports/prince_william/f
> reedom-woodbridge-coach-adament-team-did-not-run-u
> p-the-score-in-112-16-win/article_462fcc60-46c3-11
> ed-98b8-2b8fc4120ab6.html
>
> If this isn't an example of "running up the score"
> than there is no such thing.

Didn’t pull his starters until the second half? So when they were up 50, 60, 70, 80 they still had starters in? Class act all around. What a piece of shit.

Posted by: OverCoon ()
Date: October 08, 2022 03:15PM

Smh1900 Wrote:
> PXJJW Wrote:
> -----
> > HAHCH Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > LMAO yo that Freedom score is fucking insane.
> >
> >
> > Yeah, but he didn't run up the score!
> >
> >
> https://www.insidenova.com/sports/prince_william/f
>
> >
> reedom-woodbridge-coach-adament-team-did-not-run-u
>
> >
> p-the-score-in-112-16-win/article_462fcc60-46c3-11
>
> > ed-98b8-2b8fc4120ab6.html
> >
> > If this isn't an example of "running up the
> score"
> > than there is no such thing.
>
>
> Didn’t pull his starters until the second half?
> So when they were up 50, 60, 70, 80 they still had
> starters in? Class act all around. What a piece of
> shit.

What else would you expect from a classless, ghetto black coach/team? Be real w yourself.

Posted by: HORNETZZZZZ ()
Date: October 08, 2022 03:19PM

Herndon beat Yorktown! 4 Wins ima row!

Posted by: Region Guys Thoughts 2022 ()
Date: October 08, 2022 03:42PM

How is it not running up the score when your starters are still in when the score is 91-0? Overton stated, "he pulled his starters after the first series of the second half" There are all sorts of ways not to score, asked a bunch of teams in the northern region!

The starters should have been pulled out after the 1Q, there is nothing for them to gain in a game like that and more to risk getting hurt.

Overton should be suspended for a minimum of 2 games for risking injury to not only Colgan but his players as well. To allow this type of thing to happen is a travesty to high school football!

Posted by: Johnny Rebez ()
Date: October 08, 2022 03:53PM

Region Guys Thoughts 2022 Wrote:
> How is it not running up the score when your
> starters are still in when the score is 91-0?
> Overton stated, "he pulled his starters after the
> first series of the second half" There are all
> sorts of ways not to score, asked a bunch of teams
> in the northern region!
>
> The starters should have been pulled out after the
> 1Q, there is nothing for them to gain in a game
> like that and more to risk getting hurt.
>
>
> Overton should be suspended for a minimum of 2
> games for risking injury to not only Colgan but
> his players as well. To allow this type of thing
> to happen is a travesty to high school football!

Lik I said years ago, Overnigger is classless and his team is full of future felons, they’ll continue to do the same until VHSL wakes up and investigates them

Posted by: LeeLancer87 ()
Date: October 08, 2022 03:55PM

Region Guys Thoughts 2022 Wrote:
> How is it not running up the score when your
> starters are still in when the score is 91-0?
> Overton stated, "he pulled his starters after the
> first series of the second half" There are all
> sorts of ways not to score, asked a bunch of teams
> in the northern region!
>
> The starters should have been pulled out after the
> 1Q, there is nothing for them to gain in a game
> like that and more to risk getting hurt.
>
>
> Overton should be suspended for a minimum of 2
> games for risking injury to not only Colgan but
> his players as well. To allow this type of thing
> to happen is a travesty to high school football!

I agree with this 100%. There are many games that could end up with an 80+ margin. Sportsmanship is what keeps this from happening in most cases. The Freedom coach is low class.

Posted by: Lee Lancas ()
Date: October 08, 2022 05:04PM

How was Lewis back them? Obviously better, we’re the games played at the same field? Lewis is Lil Mexico now.

Posted by: OverCoonFWB ()
Date: October 08, 2022 05:06PM

LeeLancer87 Wrote:
> Region Guys Thoughts 2022 Wrote:
> -----
> > How is it not running up the score when your
> > starters are still in when the score is 91-0?
> > Overton stated, "he pulled his starters after
> the
> > first series of the second half" There are all
> > sorts of ways not to score, asked a bunch of
> teams
> > in the northern region!
> >
> > The starters should have been pulled out after
> the
> > 1Q, there is nothing for them to gain in a game
> > like that and more to risk getting hurt.
> >
> >
> > Overton should be suspended for a minimum of 2
> > games for risking injury to not only Colgan but
> > his players as well. To allow this type of
> thing
> > to happen is a travesty to high school
> football!
>
>
> I agree with this 100%. There are many games that
> could end up with an 80+ margin. Sportsmanship is
> what keeps this from happening in most cases. The
> Freedom coach is low class.

Not only low class, also a ghetto black who recruits the best kids from his 7 on 7 team. VHSL needs to lock in!

Posted by: parentof2 - week 6 results ()
Date: October 09, 2022 10:56AM

Not my best week by any means, quite possibly my worst. I didn't get to watch any of the games on Friday but a lot of things surprised me. Freedom scoring 112? Yorktown losing to Herndon? Totally shockers. It seems evident that Overton has learned what Stone Bridge and Oscar Smith have been doing/getting away with in terms of recruiting, so now they are doing it. But hey, what can ya do? VHSL has made it clear they won't do anything.

1. Annandale @ Mount Vernon (-21)
- Mount Vernon won 24-14, failing to cover. Also, what was the deal with the orange jerseys they wore Friday night? Anybody know?

2. Chantilly @ Centreville (-17)
- Centreville won and covered, 45-6.

3. Edison (-24) @ Falls Church
- Edison won 33-14, missing the cover by 5 points. Edison is 4-3 and their only 2 challenges are Mount Vernon and Hayfield. Playoffs?

4. Lake Braddock (-28) @ T.C. Williams
- Lake Braddock won 50-28, failing to cover. Seems to be the trend for me this week.

5. Lee @ Thomas Jefferson (-4)
- Lee won 58-56, congrats to the Lancers on the first win, breaking their 9 game losing streak. Maybe I was wrong when I said TJ should be playing a district schedule.

6. Madison (-35) @ Oakton
- Madison won the Vienna Inn Bowl with ease, 56-7. The Warhawks might be heating up...

7. South County (-38) @ Woodson
- South County won 41-6, but did not cover.

8. South Lakes @ Westfield (-28)
- Westfield won and covered (finally!) 40-15.

9. Stone Bridge (-35) @ Briar Woods
- Stone Bridge won 35-0, nailed this one!

10. Stuart @ Hayfield (-35)
- Hayfield won 49-14, second game in a row I nailed!

11. Wakefield @ McLean (-14)
- McLean won with ease, 41-7. Congrats to the Highlanders on their first win of the season.

12. Washington-Lee (-10) @ Langley
- W&L won and covered 35-21.

13. West Potomac @ Fairfax (-15)
- Fairfax won 42-21, they covered as well.

- Robinson won 21-20 in OT, sounds like this was a very good game.

15. Yorktown (-20) @ Herndon
- This is the biggest shocker to me as Herndon beat Yorktown 21-13. Herndon seems to be turning things around and after all that program has been through, its hard not to root for them.

Posted by: parentof2 - week 7 ()
Date: October 09, 2022 10:58AM

Hoping for a better week this week, time will tell. I still can’t get over Freedom scoring 112 points, it was 91-0 halftime! In my 20 or so years being a fan of HS football, I have never seen anything even close to that. Just wow. Tons of games on this week that I love so with that being said, here we go…

1. Centreville (-8) @ Madison
- Co-Game of the week. Madison is on a 3 game winning streak but I think that will end this week. The Wildcats just have too much talent for the Wildcats. I think it will be close for 2-3 quarters, however.

2. Falls Church (-3) @ Stuart
- The Battle for the Bell. Two very bad teams and FC has held the Bell for the last couple years but my gut tells me the Jaguars go either way. I would not be surprised to see JEB win, though. They were tied after the 1st against Hayfield who is much better than Falls Church.

3. Hayfield (-15) @ Annandale
- Oh… the National District. Next.

4. Herndon @ Washington-Lee (-8)
- Herndon has been hot, 4 wins in a row! They have a great RB in Liam Wilson who is also pretty darn good on the hardwood in the winter. I also like Herndon’s run defense. With that being said, I think the Generals will win, they SHOULD win but with Herndon playing as well as they have, you never know…

5. Langley (-38) @ Wakefield
- Game will be over at halftime. You have to feel for the Warriors.

6. Lee @ Edison (-30)
- The Battle of Franconia Road. Lee coming off a loss to TJ has to be morally defeated and I think Edison will blow them out of the water.

7. Marshall @ Yorktown (-21)
- Going to be a rough week of practice for the Patriots. Expect them to bounce back after a tough loss to Herndon.

8. Oakton @ Westfield (-35)
- Look for the Bulldogs to roll on Homecoming. Westfield could very well finish the season at 7-3.

9.Robinson @ Lake Braddock (-10)
- Game of the week. The Battle for Burke bragging rights, a fantastic rivalry game that has tons of history and great games in the past. I think the Bruins pull away late.

10. South Lakes @ Chantilly (-14)
- This is a game the Seahawks have a chance in. I have not been impressed with either team but the Chargers are the better team in this match-up. I think the line will dominate and lead them to a win.

11. T.C. Williams (-7) @ West Potomac
- Used to be a rivalry game, but I’m not sure if it still is. West Potomac hasn’t really impressed me this year to be frank and I think T.C. will ride down Route 1 winners come Friday night.

12. Woodson @ Fairfax (-40)
- Battle for Fairfax. I think Fairfax wants to make a statement after allowing a season high 21 points on defense to West Potomac. If Woodson shows some fight this game will be closer, but Fairfax will still prevail.

13. West Springfield @ South County (-7)
- Second Co-Game of the week. I love this game, but I’m not quite sure what to make of it. The Spartans have been playing great and SoCo has been blowing just about everyone out that they’ve played. They better be ready for a dog fight this week because the Spartans will come into Lorton ready.

Date: October 09, 2022 12:08PM

XXX Robinson won 21-20 in OT, sounds like this was a very good game. XXX

Correction -- West Springfield one this game

Posted by: parentof2 - misc ()
Date: October 09, 2022 12:22PM

@Hmm… Thank you for the correction. I was reading through my notes too fast. Thanks again. West Springfield did indeed win, it was a fabulous game.

Posted by: Fightin’ Hornets ()
Date: October 09, 2022 01:08PM

Don’t be surprised y’all if Herndon pulls off another upset this week!

Date: October 09, 2022 01:25PM

Here's a review of my picks. Not a good week for me. I did well picking outright winners, but didn't do so well against the spread. It seems that lots of underdogs turned in respectable performances, leading to failures to cover. I would have done better splitting my picks this week, but it happens, and that's what makes this fun.

parentof2 - week 6 results Wrote:
> Not my best week by any means, quite possibly my
> worst. I didn't get to watch any of the games on
> Friday but a lot of things surprised me. Freedom
> scoring 112? Yorktown losing to Herndon? Totally
> shockers. It seems evident that Overton has
> learned what Stone Bridge and Oscar Smith have
> been doing/getting away with in terms of
> recruiting, so now they are doing it. But hey,
> what can ya do? VHSL has made it clear they won't
> do anything.
>
>
> 1. Annandale @ Mount Vernon (-21)
> - Mount Vernon won 24-14, failing to cover. Also,
> what was the deal with the orange jerseys they
> wore Friday night? Anybody know?

Picked Mt. Vernon to win, but thought they would also cover. Split decision.
>
> 2. Chantilly @ Centreville (-17)
> - Centreville won and covered, 45-6.

Correctly picked Centreville to both win and cover. This is one where I got both ends right. I have to ask, what's happened to Chantilly? I saw them early in the season, and they were good, but they sure seem to have fallen off lately. Injury issues?
>
> 3. Edison (-24) @ Falls Church
> - Edison won 33-14, missing the cover by 5 points.
> Edison is 4-3 and their only 2 challenges are
> Mount Vernon and Hayfield. Playoffs?

Correctly picked Edison to win, but I also thought they would cover. Part of that is because Falls Church is that bad. Edison is still one of the feel good stories this year. I wonder if they put their sophomores in during the second half? To answer the playoffs question, I just saw the updated standings. Edison is still in 8th place, almost a point ahead of Hayfield and a point and a half ahead of Mt. Vernon. Edison is within a point of West Potomac for 7th place. Edison still has both Mt. Vernon and Hayfield, and Edison has played one more game than Hayfield, which might be Hayfield's chance to catch Edison (in addition to winning head to head). I think the final two slots are likely to be amoung these four.
>
> 4. Lake Braddock (-28) @ T.C. Williams
> - Lake Braddock won 50-28, failing to cover. Seems
> to be the trend for me this week.

Took Lake Braddock to win, but I thought they would also cover. If you're keeping track, this is my third split decision this week.
>
> 5. Lee @ Thomas Jefferson (-4)
> - Lee won 58-56, congrats to the Lancers on the
> first win, breaking their 9 game losing streak.
> Maybe I was wrong when I said TJ should be playing
> a district schedule.

I took TJ to win and cover, so here, I got both ends of the pick wrong. By the way, there are some incorrect reports of the final score of this game. The official VHSL site had Lee winning (I believe 40-28). This score was reported on a couple of different websites. Also, Lee's twitter feed congratulated the football team on a hard fought win (I think it went three overtimes), so I tend to believe this score, rather than what the VHSL posted.
>
> 6. Madison (-35) @ Oakton
> - Madison won the Vienna Inn Bowl with ease, 56-7.
> The Warhawks might be heating up...

Correctly picked Madison to both win and cover.
>
> 7. South County (-38) @ Woodson
> - South County won 41-6, but did not cover.

No pick against the spread where the spread is more than 35 points, but how in the world did South County NOT cover this spread? The only explanation I can think of is that their sophomores played the entire second half.
>
> 8. South Lakes @ Westfield (-28)
> - Westfield won and covered (finally!) 40-15.

With all due respect, this isn't a cover -- the margin of victory was only 25 points. I took Westfield to both win and cover (mostly based on South Lakes recent poor performances). My fourth split decision this week.
>
> 9. Stone Bridge (-35) @ Briar Woods
> - Stone Bridge won 35-0, nailed this one!

Correctly picked Stone Bridge to win and cover. Congratulations on nailing the spread.
>
> 10. Stuart @ Hayfield (-35)
> - Hayfield won 49-14, second game in a row I
> nailed!

Correctly picked Hayfield to win and cover. Two in a row for you, nice job!
>
> 11. Wakefield @ McLean (-14)
> - McLean won with ease, 41-7. Congrats to the
> Highlanders on their first win of the season.

I really had no idea about who would win this game, so I used a metric based on performance against a common opponent, Fairfax. It was as good of a shot in the dark as any, but that lead me to take Wakefield to win outright. Got both ends wrong.
>
> 12. Washington-Lee (-10) @ Langley
> - W&L won and covered 35-21.

Correctly picked W-L to win and cover.
>
> 13. West Potomac @ Fairfax (-15)
> - Fairfax won 42-21, they covered as well.

Correctly picked Fairfax to win and cover. I went to this game. West Potomac has an explosive offense, but thankfully for Fairfax, they are prone to throw interceptions and inopportune times. That did a lot to keep Fairfax comfortably ahead. Even so, some bizarre playcalling in the second half by Fairfax almost led to a failure on their part to cover.
>
> 14. West Springfield @ Robinson (-14)
> - Robinson won 21-20 in OT, sounds like this was a
> very good game.

I thought Robo would win outright, so I got both ends wrong (West Springfield won, but this correction was later noted). I watched the overtime. I have a couple of questions. First, Robo had the ball first, and scored a touchdown. Why did they go for two? I think that was the wrong decision, and it was the decision that cost them the game. Second, I couldn't figure out what was happening on West Sprinfield's OT possession, but it looked like there was some controversy, and maybe Robo doesn't think West Springfield should have scored. An explanation would be appreciated.
>
> 15. Yorktown (-20) @ Herndon
> - This is the biggest shocker to me as Herndon
> beat Yorktown 21-13. Herndon seems to be turning
> things around and after all that program has been
> through, its hard not to root for them.

HUGE (YUGE?) shock for me as well. I took Yorktown to win and cover, so I got both ends wrong. Is Herndon really THIS good? They are the other feel-good story of this season.

Posted by: Footballfan ()
Date: October 09, 2022 01:26PM

Hard to tell by the pictures online but it looks like the Mount Vernon jerseys were pink not orange. Assuming for October and Homecoming.

Posted by: Donald1 ()
Date: October 09, 2022 01:34PM

Former Catholic University Associate Head Coach/Defensive Cordinator Bill Bachman has completely turned Herdon around! They have a big game coming up at Washington Lib!

Posted by: HAHCZ ()
Date: October 09, 2022 01:44PM

Footballfan Wrote:
> Hard to tell by the pictures online but it looks
> like the Mount Vernon jerseys were pink not
> orange. Assuming for October and Homecoming.

That makes sense as it is breast cancer awareness month.

Date: October 09, 2022 01:45PM

My picks.

parentof2 - week 7 Wrote:
> Hoping for a better week this week, time will
> tell. I still can’t get over Freedom scoring 112
> points, it was 91-0 halftime! In my 20 or so years
> being a fan of HS football, I have never seen
> anything even close to that. Just wow. Tons of
> games on this week that I love so with that being
> said, here we go…
>
>
> 1. Centreville (-8) @ Madison
> - Co-Game of the week. Madison is on a 3 game
> winning streak but I think that will end this
> week. The Wildcats just have too much talent for
> the Wildcats. I think it will be close for 2-3
> quarters, however.

Madison has recovered from an early season swoon, but I still think Centreville is the best team in Region D, and maybe all of NoVa. Centreville wins and covers.
>
> 2. Falls Church (-3) @ Stuart
> - The Battle for the Bell. Two very bad teams and
> FC has held the Bell for the last couple years but
> my gut tells me the Jaguars go either way. I would
> not be surprised to see JEB win, though. They were
> tied after the 1st against Hayfield who is much
> better than Falls Church.

My gut tells me that Stuart is better than Falls Church, though both are bad. I'll take Stuart to win outright.
>
> 3. Hayfield (-15) @ Annandale
> - Oh… the National District. Next.

Agree about the National District, but I think Hayfield is, at least, decent, and should be more than a 15 point favorite. Hayfield wins and covers.
>
> 4. Herndon @ Washington-Lee (-8)
> - Herndon has been hot, 4 wins in a row! They have
> a great RB in Liam Wilson who is also pretty darn
> good on the hardwood in the winter. I also like
> Herndon’s run defense. With that being said, I
> think the Generals will win, they SHOULD win but
> with Herndon playing as well as they have, you
> never know…

Herndon is a feel good story, indeed, but I think their string of wins has to end sometime. W-L has had a good season, so I'm going to take them to win and cover. For added motivation, if W-L wins, they get some amount of bragging rights over their biggest rival, Yorktown, who lost to Herndon. That could give them some added motivation.
>
> 5. Langley (-38) @ Wakefield
> - Game will be over at halftime. You have to feel
> for the Warriors.

No pick where the spread is >35 points. This will be a good opportunity for Langley's sophomores to get some game action.
>
> 6. Lee @ Edison (-30)
> - The Battle of Franconia Road. Lee coming off a
> loss to TJ has to be morally defeated and I think
> Edison will blow them out of the water.

I agree. Edison wins and covers. I could make a case for an even higher spread, except that Edison failed to cover against Falls Church.
>
> 7. Marshall @ Yorktown (-21)
> - Going to be a rough week of practice for the
> Patriots. Expect them to bounce back after a tough
> loss to Herndon.

I'll take Yorktown to win and cover.
>
> 8. Oakton @ Westfield (-35)
> - Look for the Bulldogs to roll on Homecoming.
> Westfield could very well finish the season at
> 7-3.

Oakton has fallen off and Westfield has recovered. Westfield wins and covers. I don't think they'll beat Oakton by as much as Madison did, but still by enough to cover.
>
> 9.Robinson @ Lake Braddock (-10)
> - Game of the week. The Battle for Burke bragging
> rights, a fantastic rivalry game that has tons of
> history and great games in the past. I think the
> Bruins pull away late.

I went to the second half of this game last year, and it was one of the best games I ever attended. Lake Braddock probably thought they had the game wrapped up early in the 4th, being up by two scores, but then they chocked BIG TIME and Robo pulled it out. I think that will be some extra motivation for Lake Braddock, and I also think they are much better than Robo this year. The rivalry nature of this game will keep it somewhat close, but I'm still going to take Lake Braddock to win and cover. I think they'll win by around 14.
>
> 10. South Lakes @ Chantilly (-14)
> - This is a game the Seahawks have a chance in. I
> have not been impressed with either team but the
> Chargers are the better team in this match-up. I
> think the line will dominate and lead them to a
> win.

Three weeks ago, I would have taken Chantilly to win easily, but I'm not so sure now. Still wondering what's up with them. I'm going to take Chantilly to win, but not cover.
>
> 11. T.C. Williams (-7) @ West Potomac
> - Used to be a rivalry game, but I’m not sure if
> it still is. West Potomac hasn’t really
> impressed me this year to be frank and I think
> T.C. will ride down Route 1 winners come Friday
> night.

I really don't know what to make of this, but since West Po is at home, I'm going to take them to win outright.
>
> 12. Woodson @ Fairfax (-40)
> - Battle for Fairfax. I think Fairfax wants to
> make a statement after allowing a season high 21
> points on defense to West Potomac. If Woodson
> shows some fight this game will be closer, but
> Fairfax will still prevail.

No pick with a spread >35 points. This is supposedly rivalry, but the two teams are trending in opposite directions. Here's a fun fact. Woodson hosted Fairfax last season, and designated that game as their homecoming game. Really. This is their rivalry game and doesn't need any extra promotion, and Woodson had many legitimate creampuffs on their home schedule last year for a proper homecoming opponent. I think Fairfax took this as a sign of disrespect, and, to respond, clobbered them 50-0 last year. I think the result this year will be similar.
>
> 13. West Springfield @ South County (-7)
> - Second Co-Game of the week. I love this game,
> but I’m not quite sure what to make of it. The
> Spartans have been playing great and SoCo has been
> blowing just about everyone out that they’ve
> played. They better be ready for a dog fight this
> week because the Spartans will come into Lorton
> ready.

I think West Springfield might be better than a lot of people think, but I still think South County will win and cover. It should be a fantastic game, though.

Posted by: Justice PE teacher ()
Date: October 09, 2022 01:48PM

Was at Justice/Hayfield. Justice scored on the first play of scrimmage and it was 14-14 after the 1st, Justice then got outscored 35-0. Justice may very well beat Falls Church.

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112All...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 13

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.