HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Types of essays in English and their characteristics
Posted by: DavidRoss ()
Date: November 23, 2021 10:36AM

The type of English language essay you need to write depends on the assigned topic and is sometimes specified in the my assignment help reviews. According to a reputable source - the book Successful Writing by Virginia Evans - it is customary to distinguish three main types of essays:
For and against essays
The name speaks for itself: you give arguments "for" and "against" some phenomenon . The outline of an essay in English is as follows:

Introduction. In it you bring the reader to the topic of discussion.
The main part. You give arguments "for" and "against" some action or phenomenon. At the same time, you do not have to express your point of view, stick to neutrality.
Conclusion. Only here you express your attitude to the topic and make a conclusion.
Opinion essays
You express your thoughts on a given topic. It would seem that any essay is an expression of your own thoughts. What is the salt of this type of essay? In Opinion Essays, you need to not just reflect your point of view, but also look at the proposed topic from different angles. Consider all aspects of the issue, write your opinion and be sure to back it up with confident arguments.

The outline of an essay-opinion in English:

Introduction. You specify the topic of the reasoning.
Main part. You state your opinion and confidently argue it. Here, it is also desirable to consider the opinion opposite to yours, and explain to the reader why you do not share this point of view.
Conclusion. You summarize by finally formulating your point of view on the proposed topic.
Suggesting solutions to problem essays
In this type of writing, you will be asked to consider a global problem or problems. Your task is to suggest solutions.

The outline for this type of essay is as follows:

Introduction. You state the problem and its cause or effect.
Main part. You suggest ways to solve the problems and the possible consequences of such actions. Clearly argue why certain actions should be taken and what it will entail.
Conclusion. Summarize your reasoning.

Related Resources:
The structure of an essay in English
7 Signs of an Essay
The essence of the essay
TYPES OF ESSAYS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Types of essays in English and their characteristics
Posted by: Amelie ()
Date: January 18, 2022 01:10AM

It seems like you are an expert essay writer and I always find someone who is an expert so that they can give some more and more tips on how to write a perfect essay. I am also a law essay help uk provider and I have been working as a writer for the past 2 years so what I think is, I need to polish my skills and that is why I am always in look for experts from whom I can learn different things.

Re: Types of essays in English and their characteristics
Posted by: jibjab ()
Date: January 19, 2022 05:47AM

Essays, like math are racist.

The only subjects to be offered in FCPS are CRT and gender studies.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.