HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 95
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: April 27, 2011 04:39PM

http://www.dcrtv.com/


WJFK Suspends Chad Dukes - 4/27 - Updated. We're hearing rumblings that WJFK afternoon co-host Chad Dukes has been suspended from the CBS Radio sports talker. We've attempted to contact 106.7 The Fan management, but so far no one's talking on or off the record. A WJFK listener tells us that Dukes posted this via his Twitter feed today: "Looks like I've got the day off, friendos." And then this: "It appears I am off again tomorrow. Thinking about checking out a bar here in Centreville for some day drinking. Who's in?" More: A source tells us: "Producer Drab and Chad were texting some inappropriate things about (afternoon co-host) LaVar (Arrington) to each other while they were on the air and LaVar found it on their computers. Chad is gone for one or two days and Drab has a week off." More as we hear it.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: April 27, 2011 06:23PM

The funny thing is Lavar probably deserved whatever was being said about him. The guy is a fucking moron.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 27, 2011 08:24PM

Why wasn't LaVar suspended for going through their computers? Also, sounds like LaVar went crying to management instead of confronting Chad like a man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: April 27, 2011 10:13PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why wasn't LaVar suspended for going through their
> computers? Also, sounds like LaVar went crying to
> management instead of confronting Chad like a man.


I seriously doubt anything there is assigned to any one particular individual. Maybe he saw something while they wrote it. Maybe the story is bullshit?

Anyway, who cares? Chad is almost certainly being fired at the end of his contract now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Rick ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:30AM

Thank god that Chad's 15 minutes is OVER!!! Now that he's unemployable and will never get another real radio gig let's see how long the obese, closeted douche maintains his girlfriend and star fing friends. Back to Footlocker for him and his loser producer. Good riddance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:40AM

What's the deal with LaVart missing so many shows? Is he off doing more important things than trying to improve his on air skills. I can't imagine the dude is rolling in cash from his playing days.


Is Mr. dukes dreading the thought of having to go all the way to Lanham each day and work with that moron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: April 28, 2011 07:45AM

wally pip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's the deal with LaVart missing so many shows?
> Is he off doing more important things than trying
> to improve his on air skills. I can't imagine the
> dude is rolling in cash from his playing days.
>
>
> Is Mr. dukes dreading the thought of having to go
> all the way to Lanham each day and work with that
> moron


Arrington made a TON of cash and I have never heard of him being an idiot with his money (even though he is an idiot overall). I'm sure he has more than enough money to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: mr deez ()
Date: April 28, 2011 07:55AM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arrington made a TON of cash and I have never
> heard of him being an idiot with his money (even
> though he is an idiot overall). I'm sure he has
> more than enough money to do whatever he wants for
> the rest of his life.


Agreed, Lavar has to be a millionare many times over in terms of worth. Maybe it's tied up in houses/investments or whatever, but compared to your average JFK employee he's Bill Gates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: I miss BOAD ()
Date: April 28, 2011 11:21AM

Didn't Lavar have a failed restaurant (see: Mike Omeara) up near Fedex field?

Lavar is a terrible broadcaster and boring personality. He ruined the Dan Snyder interview and is all around unlistenable. Want a good laugh? See him talk about the Nationals on washingtonpost.com. He has lots of great insight into how Bryce Harper is going to be... get this... good for the team.

I don't wish hard times on Dukes, but it will be good to get him back from that retched sports show. He's been waiting for July to leave for a while.... maybe this will speed things up.




mr deez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChadIsFat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Arrington made a TON of cash and I have never
> > heard of him being an idiot with his money
> (even
> > though he is an idiot overall). I'm sure he
> has
> > more than enough money to do whatever he wants
> for
> > the rest of his life.
>
>
> Agreed, Lavar has to be a millionare many times
> over in terms of worth. Maybe it's tied up in
> houses/investments or whatever, but compared to
> your average JFK employee he's Bill Gates.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: SnitchesGetStitches ()
Date: April 28, 2011 11:25AM

You know what they should do? They should let Lavar host the show by himself because he's a very talented... hahahaha... sorry, couldn't say that with a straight face.


Oh Boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Post on DCRTV says that Chad and Drab were IMing
> one another with "inappropriate things" about
> Lavar, and Lavar then found it on their computers.
> Also says that Chad should be back in a couple
> days and Drab is gone for the rest of the week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: LavarLicksCock ()
Date: April 28, 2011 11:41AM

Can't say that I'm surprised for the supposed reason Dukes. When they first started it seemed like Dukes was helping Lavar out so he could get his radio legs... but after all this time Lavar is still butchering the show... how could he not talk shit about Lavar to Drab.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: April 28, 2011 11:47AM

I bet lavart is not a millionaire many times over

think taxes and all the spending and the failed restaurant and then the big dummy had the inept agent who effed up his huge bonus he thought was due from the dreadskins. don't think he got paid big money in new york neither

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: April 28, 2011 12:02PM

wally pip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet lavart is not a millionaire many times over
>
> think taxes and all the spending and the failed
> restaurant and then the big dummy had the inept
> agent who effed up his huge bonus he thought was
> due from the dreadskins.  don't think he got paid
> big money in new york neither
 
 
Here are his ACTUAL salaries for each of those years (what he ACTUALLY earned).  So no, he has dump trucks full of cash.  Don't worry about him financially.
 
2004    Washington Redskins     $ 11,835,000
2006    New York Giants         $ 6,000,000     
2003    Washington Redskins     $ 4,651,200    
2001    Washington Redskins     $ 2,913,927    
2002    Washington Redskins     $ 2,221,620    
2000    Washington Redskins     $ 1,728,700    
2005    Washington Redskins     $ 540,000
 

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: mr deez ()
Date: April 28, 2011 12:02PM

wally pip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bet lavart is not a millionaire many times over
>
> think taxes and all the spending and the failed
> restaurant and then the big dummy had the inept
> agent who effed up his huge bonus he thought was
> due from the dreadskins. don't think he got paid
> big money in new york neither

Think again.

"In April, 2006 Arrington agreed to a seven-year, $49 million contract with the New York Giants."

Obviously he got hurt and did not get near the full amount of money, but with 1 year salary plus the guaranteed money up front, he made well over $10 million for one year with New York.

Taxes and spending take a huge bite but Lavar's not hurting for money they way your average run of the mill, out of shape DJ would be that normally works at a radio station.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: April 28, 2011 12:30PM

Well looks like I was wrong
but did lavart get all that money in 2004? I thought that's when the problems started witht he dreadskins and he

he really made over $10 million(including guaranteed) for one year with the giants? they didn't get on his arse over the motorcycle accident? or is my time frame off and he already was on the down low with the giants by then

nevertheless why does he miss so many shows when his on air skills suck

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 28, 2011 12:57PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wally pip Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I bet lavart is not a millionaire many times
> over
> >
> > think taxes and all the spending and the failed
> > restaurant and then the big dummy had the inept
> > agent who effed up his huge bonus he thought
> was
> > due from the dreadskins.  don't think he got
> paid
> > big money in new york neither
>  
>  
> Here are his ACTUAL salaries for each of those
> years (what he ACTUALLY earned).  So no, he has
> dump trucks full of cash.  Don't worry about him
> financially.
>  
> 2004    Washington Redskins     $
> 11,835,000
> 2006    New York Giants         $
> 6,000,000     
> 2003    Washington Redskins     $
> 4,651,200    
> 2001    Washington Redskins     $
> 2,913,927    
> 2002    Washington Redskins     $
> 2,221,620    
> 2000    Washington Redskins     $
> 1,728,700    
> 2005    Washington Redskins     $ 540,000
>  

NFL players are notorious for going bankrupt after leaving the league. LaVar isn't Peter Lynch. He threw a shitload of money away on that worthless restaurant. And a lot of these players never learn how to manage money, spending money on extended entourages and shit like cars and houses, etc. I don't know if LaVar has gone through all of his money, but I doubt he is set for life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:12PM

And plenty don't. You have no reason at all to think he has thrown away 30 million (this doesn't include endorsements etc). He is set for life and doesn't have to do a single other thing.

His restaurant didn't run him 30 million dollars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 28, 2011 01:18PM

ChadIsFat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> His restaurant didn't run him 30 million dollars.


No. But it is indicative of his financial savvy. The bankruptcy rate for NFL players is 78% within two years of retirement. The ones who avoid it typically make smart investments. I don't think LaVar's track record would indicate that (and what fucking endorsements? Eastern Motors???)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:25PM

You dont think Arrington has ever had an andorsement deal except eastern motors and/or you think endorsement money doesn't count? I haven't even brought up his obviously fairly large current salary.

A restaurant going bad is indicative of a history of poor investments? He has more money than you will ever see in your lifetime and he doesn't need to work ever again

That being said he is a retard on the radio and is terrible to listen to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 28, 2011 01:33PM

The restaurant is indicative because it shows he puts money into stupid shit. You are basing how far $30 mil goes for your lifestyle, not his.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Scoots ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:52PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NFL players are notorious for going bankrupt after
> leaving the league. LaVar isn't Peter Lynch. He
> threw a shitload of money away on that worthless
> restaurant. And a lot of these players never learn
> how to manage money, spending money on extended
> entourages and shit like cars and houses, etc. I
> don't know if LaVar has gone through all of his
> money, but I doubt he is set for life.

LaVar is pretty set for life. His house near Annapolis is pretty sweet but nothing overly extravagent. He has a good set of financial advisors working for him. He also still makes endorsement money. Yeah, the restaurant was a failure, but it didn't scathe him personaly all that much. He doesn't need the radio gig to make end meet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Scoots ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:59PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The restaurant is indicative because it shows he
> puts money into stupid shit. You are basing how
> far $30 mil goes for your lifestyle, not his.


You are pretty much talking out of your ass here because you really don't have any facts. Plenty of successful and wealthy people with money have made poor investments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: The Fan ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:21PM

I just think it's amazing that it took this long to happen. Chad frequently takes little shots here and there at Lavar on his twitter, BO&D podcast, heck even on their sports show itself. He's obviously very frustrated with his situation and hopefully he moves on into something that he enjoys and is passionate about. Obviously sports talk is not that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: mr deez ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:29PM

Scoots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are pretty much talking out of your ass here
> because you really don't have any facts. Plenty
> of successful and wealthy people with money have
> made poor investments.

WTL brings a lot to this thread, but his financial assessments of others seem to be the weak link.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Scoots ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:31PM

mr deez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Scoots Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You are pretty much talking out of your ass
> here
> > because you really don't have any facts.
> Plenty
> > of successful and wealthy people with money
> have
> > made poor investments.
>
> WTL brings a lot to this thread, but his financial
> assessments of others seem to be the weak link.

Agreed. LaVar makes one bad business decision and he MUST be on the verge of bankruptcy. LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:00PM

Let's not speculate.

Let's investigate. This is all public information.

Point is: Lavar may not be broke, he may have made 100,000,00 million dollars but his house is in foreclosure. His PRINCIPAL RESIDENCE.

Granted, the filing date on the case that I pointed out is a year old and he clearly has not had to give his home back to the bank(as of yet, at least)

But the idiot has had 10 civil cases (in the state of MD alone) of which 5 are ongoing, including the foreclosure of his primary home.

I searched MD case records and then did a land records search of his listed address. He may well(and probably does) have outstanding litigation against him in other states.

NFL players are terrible with money. Lavar does not appear to be an exception to this rule.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp

http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/rp_rewrite/details.aspx?County=02&SearchType=STREET&AccountNumber=03%20000%2090099488
Attachments:
lavardumb.jpg
lavardumbII.jpg
lavardumb3.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: DCRL ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:28PM

Scoots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > NFL players are notorious for going bankrupt
> after
> > leaving the league. LaVar isn't Peter Lynch. He
> > threw a shitload of money away on that
> worthless
> > restaurant. And a lot of these players never
> learn
> > how to manage money, spending money on extended
> > entourages and shit like cars and houses, etc.
> I
> > don't know if LaVar has gone through all of his
> > money, but I doubt he is set for life.
>
> LaVar is pretty set for life. His house near
> Annapolis is pretty sweet but nothing overly
> extravagent. He has a good set of financial
> advisors working for him. He also still makes
> endorsement money. Yeah, the restaurant was a
> failure, but it didn't scathe him personaly all
> that much. He doesn't need the radio gig to make
> end meet.


Yeah he only had like 8 60" flat screens in his living room. That is fact, he did a pseudo cribs episode that was shot locally. He isn't extravagant, you're right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Wow ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:28PM

Hahahaha wow, nice detective work. No wonder he's not only trying to hold onto this radio gig, but is also trying to make any cash he can with his sports blog in the Post. You think these rich athletes would learn by now, but apparently not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 28, 2011 04:01PM

Scoots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mr deez Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Scoots Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > You are pretty much talking out of your ass
> > here
> > > because you really don't have any facts.
> > Plenty
> > > of successful and wealthy people with money
> > have
> > > made poor investments.
> >
> > WTL brings a lot to this thread, but his
> financial
> > assessments of others seem to be the weak link.
>
> Agreed. LaVar makes one bad business decision and
> he MUST be on the verge of bankruptcy. LOL.


Looks like I've been proven right. An acknowledgment on your part would be nice, but I won't be surprised if I don't get one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Scoots ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:03PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like I've been proven right. An
> acknowledgment on your part would be nice, but I
> won't be surprised if I don't get one.

How have you been proven right? The foreclosure? That is old news, dude. His financial advisors in Denver are on top of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 28, 2011 04:06PM

Scoots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Looks like I've been proven right. An
> > acknowledgment on your part would be nice, but
> I
> > won't be surprised if I don't get one.
>
> How have you been proven right? The foreclosure?
> That is old news, dude. His financial advisors in
> Denver are on top of it.

Bwahahaha!

People who are "set for life" don't normally battle foreclosure proceedings. I also noticed one of the lawsuits he supposedly settled was re-opened. That would lead me to believe he didn't follow through on whatever deal he cut.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Scoots ()
Date: April 28, 2011 04:07PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> People who are "set for life" don't normally
> battle foreclosure proceedings. I also noticed one
> of the lawsuits he supposedly settled was
> re-opened. That would lead me to believe he didn't
> follow through on whatever deal he cut.

Keep your guessing game up, man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 28, 2011 05:23PM

Scoots Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > People who are "set for life" don't normally
> > battle foreclosure proceedings. I also noticed
> one
> > of the lawsuits he supposedly settled was
> > re-opened. That would lead me to believe he
> didn't
> > follow through on whatever deal he cut.
>
> Keep your guessing game up, man.


No guessing involved. LaVar was driving everyday to a shit job in Fairfax (now MD) to do something he obviously isn't very comfortable at. I don't see people who are "set for life" like John Elway or Jim Kelly doing shit like that. People who are "set for life" don't do the daily grind like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Mr. X 3 Share ()
Date: April 28, 2011 05:28PM

Somebody has had some time on there hands: See for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/bigoanddukesshow

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Scoots ()
Date: April 28, 2011 06:24PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Scoots Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > > People who are "set for life" don't normally
> > > battle foreclosure proceedings. I also
> noticed
> > one
> > > of the lawsuits he supposedly settled was
> > > re-opened. That would lead me to believe he
> > didn't
> > > follow through on whatever deal he cut.
> >
> > Keep your guessing game up, man.
>
>
> No guessing involved. LaVar was driving everyday
> to a shit job in Fairfax (now MD) to do something
> he obviously isn't very comfortable at. I don't
> see people who are "set for life" like John Elway
> or Jim Kelly doing shit like that. People who are
> "set for life" don't do the daily grind like that.


Keep up the speculaton.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Mike ()
Date: April 28, 2011 06:35PM

Lavar cannot formulate effectively nor astutely on any non-football topic. His voice is monotone; he stammers when speaking off the cuff; he repeats or reiterates what callers or Chad have already said. I thought B-Mitch was a boring, monotone jock, but Lavar is simply uninteresting and ignorant on non-football issues. Chad has carried that show for the nearly two years on the radio. In fact, Chad and Bill Rowland are the only two on that station who can formulatee their ideas promptly and in an interesting manner. Mike Wise cannot hold a candle to Tony Kornheiser. Cakes from the Junkies is an obnoxious terd whose blue collar, Baltimore accent is ear piercing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:44PM

Hey how about this Chad Dukes does not come back especially with contract up in July(?)
seems some big suits with CBS Radio in NYC have a real hard on for Lavart despite his poor radio skills
methinks that leads to dukes being told adios

but how about a Big O and dukes show on say The Edge in the mornings or replace the dullard Elliott
I'd think they'd give the Junkies a good run in the ratings

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: oc ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:51PM

I'd love to see Elliot replaced. By anybody. A sack of flour, anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: April 28, 2011 08:51PM

They'd crush the junkies played out bullshit show,,,,

maybe Chad knows there's a deal out there and is trying to get out of his contract

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: April 29, 2011 10:32AM

I know one of the only Lavart shows I listened to was the one where Bill Rowland sat in for LaVart. It was actually decent. Plus Drab got to talk. That was another thorn in both Dukes' and Drabs' side was the fact that Drab was barely ever allowed to talk. I don't think Lavart was a crazed ego-maniac, he's just not a smart radio guy; he's a banged-up ex player who isn't very sharp or "with it". His sense of humor reeks of ignorance and jockish obnoxiousness. Glad to see Chad's finally parting ways.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ClubGetRight ()
Date: April 29, 2011 07:19PM

New episode is up!! Friday special!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: April 29, 2011 07:40PM

If you read the DCRTV story, it says the CBS suits will be "weighing in" on the LaVar thing. Sounds to me like CBS has been waiting for an opportunity to blow the show up and Chad/LaVar may have provided it. Wonder if the suits think they have an out with the contract over this somehow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: April 29, 2011 07:47PM

Well I'd love to listen to the new show and find out, but as usual their shit download feature is taking forever,,,third try failed again
The play feature on the old website was waaaayyyyyyy better

May have to wait until it's posted on itunes,,,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: April 29, 2011 08:05PM

Ok,,,finally got the download

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: hack&stack ()
Date: April 29, 2011 09:42PM

The new episode to night was pointless. I was hoping they would have talked a little bit about the situation at WJFK but they didn't say shit. Other than that it was a run of the mill episode.

They did touch on the fact that someone is posting their reloaded episodes up on youtube. As much as I don't really care for the reloaded that's a pretty shitty thing for someone to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Rick ()
Date: April 30, 2011 01:38AM

Note on todays episode:

-Oscar made a Friday reference to Drab. Whether this is in reference to the movie (aint got no job, aint got no money..) or the Rebecca Black song (which Oscar loves) remains to be seen

Note on tuesdays epsiode:

-THAT poster that they were referencing.. I'm guessing it was a signed Lavar poster?

Note on twitter:

-Chad is no longer following Lavar and vice versa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Shocker. ()
Date: April 30, 2011 01:59AM

Rick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Note on twitter:
>
> -Chad is no longer following Lavar and vice versa


...I'm guessing they won't be exchanging Christmas presents later this year, either...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: arlhoo ()
Date: April 30, 2011 07:17AM

I noticed the twitter non-following as well. I'm guessing the poster reference was a Skins or 106.7 poster (though I can't remember any 106.7 posters).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Rick ()
Date: April 30, 2011 06:31PM

I listened to it again, the friday thing I was eluding to was in reference to Friday being snacks of the roundtable day...

It has to be a signed lavar poster.. why would he have a poster of his work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 01, 2011 04:45PM

I have to believe Chad is done at the fan,,,,It's him or Lavar and Lavar didn't get suspended so Chad and Drab are probably finished,,,

Well, he didn't want to drive to Maryland anyway,,,

I wonder how many shows we'll be getting every week now,,,how will this affect Oscar's role on the MOM show????,,,

Will a station step up and hire BOAD???,,,

Can Chad and Drab still charge for a bonus show AND collect unemployment???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 01, 2011 06:39PM

All good questions. Especially:


Hatemotor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Can Chad and Drab still charge for a bonus show
> AND collect unemployment???


lol. But I agree. I think Chad and Drab working with Lavar, at least, are done. We don't know what they were IMing about Lavar but it must have been pretty bad to garner a week suspension at a talk radio station.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: May 01, 2011 09:18PM

This is probably the best thing that could have happened to Chad. Was he going to spend the rest of his career with a monosyllabic dimwit he couldn't stand working with? While I don't fault Chad for taking the drive-time gig with LaVar, it was probably a mistake if his real goal was to be like Howard Stern. Maybe if he loses this gig he can get his shit straight and he and Big O can stop this bullshit they've been doing for nearly two years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 01, 2011 10:21PM

New Rally the Horde is up.

Let's see if anybody mentions what is going on.

http://bigoanddukes.com/home
Attachments:
rthredonblack-1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 01, 2011 10:22PM

Edit: Sorry double post. My first post got flagged as spam somehow.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2011 10:24PM by TheNorthman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 01, 2011 10:43PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is probably the best thing that could have
> happened to Chad. Was he going to spend the rest
> of his career with a monosyllabic dimwit he
> couldn't stand working with? While I don't fault
> Chad for taking the drive-time gig with LaVar, it
> was probably a mistake if his real goal was to be
> like Howard Stern. Maybe if he loses this gig he
> can get his shit straight and he and Big O can
> stop this bullshit they've been doing for nearly
> two years.

I agree, if the end result is that it helps Chad become what he wants(Howard Stern).

On the other hand if the end result is that he winds up putting on another 50#'s, broke and doing his own version of the Failcast 5 days a week (MOM)it might not turn out to be such a good thing.

LaVar & Dukes was(may still be) a solid gig that paid the bills but it may also have kept him from getting where he really wanted to be.

We shall see.


.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: OneThird ()
Date: May 02, 2011 01:50PM

Chad "checked in" at 106.7 The Fan, so looks like he is back. Guess we'll see when the show starts in the next few minutes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: neveragain ()
Date: May 02, 2011 03:46PM

I will never listen to Rally ever again. If you hate Sven you will hate this episode. A lot of Sven and dildos. "He put the jelly dong in me and then himself. It was a lot of fun". I will never understand why he is so popular among the fans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: May 02, 2011 04:14PM

sven was funny when the fellas first started having him on the show (back when the show was on the radio). Now the gay-guy shtick has just gotten old. I think Sven has realized the shtick is old, so at this point he is just getting as vulgar as possible in hopes it will be funny. instead, it's just really disgusting. i'm no homophobe, but i just have no interest in hearing about gay sex.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: YUNO ()
Date: May 02, 2011 04:22PM

What the hell is a "jelly dong?" Never mind, I don't want to know, do I?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 04, 2011 12:17AM

Wonder if there's a new show this week or if the extra show last week changed the schedule,,,

And Rally the Hoard is turning into the Zohan the jew show,,,notice he says "we" when he's talking about Chad and Oscar,,,,crapfest

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 04, 2011 01:02AM

We got a new one,,,
Attachments:
mp3_grenade_1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: May 04, 2011 04:49PM

Christ fucking Zohan and Sven are so useless.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 05, 2011 05:12PM

According to dcrtv.com, Drab has been taken off the Lavar and Dukes show permanently,,,,Chad has been removed from the TV show on channel 50,,,

This doesn't sound like Dukes is getting a new contract with CBS,,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: May 05, 2011 06:07PM

Yikes...that's bad news for Drab. I know he can be mush-mouthed sometimes, but LaVart can barely string together two sentances. Taking Chad off TV probably isn't a huge deal since he's got a body built for radio, but he's definitely about to be shown the door.

Dukes: DON'T GO PODCAST ONLY! Even if BOAD was a radio show like Kirk and Mike on the Edge, I'd much rather listen to that shit than watch the podcast ruin him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: VA Phins Fan ()
Date: May 11, 2011 09:17AM

new episodes up

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 11, 2011 05:22PM

Uh oh,,,not only did Oscar tell the same "nail in big toe" story he told on the MOM podcast, Chad made the same Civil War joke Rob(b) did,,,but the story was MUCH shorter at least

Interesting that the show is being done from Chad's house now and not "Oscars",,,
Chad must not have access to the Main St studio anymore,,,
Attachments:
Tickets.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: May 11, 2011 09:28PM

Sure would be nice if I could log in to fucking download and give them money.

I swear their system is such a piece of shit. I am TRYING to give them money and they won't let me.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2011 09:30PM by ChadIsFat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 11, 2011 09:54PM

I agree,,,they're website is a piece of shit,,,I always get the show off itunes now,,,

Tired of fucking with that website,,,it's the main reason I never buy the re-loaded shows

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Rick ()
Date: May 12, 2011 12:39AM

they never did it from Main St... Oscar bought boards and headphones and mics and his apartment was a studio. It might be easier to do it from Dukes' since Oscar is in Manassas and the Dukestar is on the way back to DC..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: May 12, 2011 12:45AM

i found this week's show a little boring. I really hope the fellas get a radio gig somewhere soon. 1 hr per week isnt enough time to get a good show going. Taking calls helps too. i hope that after fukes is officially gone from 1067 they find a radio gig soon after that. otherwise, their podcast will quickly turn into TMOS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 12, 2011 12:50AM

Rick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> they never did it from Main St... Oscar bought
> boards and headphones and mics and his apartment
> was a studio. It might be easier to do it from
> Dukes' since Oscar is in Manassas and the Dukestar
> is on the way back to DC..


Dude,,,,the show was never at Oscar's,,,that was a thinly veiled cover story,,,if you've listened from the begining they actually make jokes about it when they fuck up and mention where they're really at,,,when the fan re-located to Maryland they had to make a studio at Chad's

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 12, 2011 12:54AM

hatebreed_frickin_rules Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i found this week's show a little boring. I really
> hope the fellas get a radio gig somewhere soon. 1
> hr per week isnt enough time to get a good show
> going. Taking calls helps too. i hope that after
> fukes is officially gone from 1067 they find a
> radio gig soon after that. otherwise, their
> podcast will quickly turn into TMOS.


This weeks show was scarily similar to the MOM show,,,but they can't all be gems,,,I do think that the free show is becoming just a warm up for the re-loaded show, I think they're saving the best stuff for the paying audience

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: May 12, 2011 09:18AM

You would really think that if they are relying so heavily on a payment structure in order to be financially viable they would make damn sure that payment method WORKED.

I want to buy their show and yet I can't log in (they even emailed me the same exact password I am trying so it's right). I am not going to refill the form every single time to buy a show.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 17, 2011 12:57AM

New RTH is up,,,,wish I cared enough to listen,,,I might catch it when it goes up on itunes, I'm done fucking around with the website,,,

I read on the MOM thread there's problems with his site too,,,wonder if the same donkey did both sites
Attachments:
rthredonblack-1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ClubGetRight ()
Date: May 17, 2011 03:32PM

looks like its two different companies that did the sites. It seems likes there is a several hour delay between something going up on the site and going up on itunes. I assume that is itunes' issue but it is still kind of annoying, because that site isn't the most reliable (I tried to get rally the horde last night and it d/led super slow)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Draaaaab? ()
Date: May 17, 2011 03:54PM

Anyone know what Drab is doing now that he's no longer the producer of Lavar and Dukes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: May 17, 2011 05:14PM

Draaaaab? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know what Drab is doing now that he's no
> longer the producer of Lavar and Dukes?


T-minus one month until he moves back to the Northwest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 17, 2011 11:55PM

I think I heard Drab on the show again,,,I only listened to a few minutes but I thought Drab was on the show

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 18, 2011 01:23AM

For the record.,,,can we just start calling this a wednesday podcast,,,it may be recorded tuesday, but for the listeners purposes it's a wednesday podcast,,,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Wilbur Wongburger ()
Date: May 18, 2011 12:25PM

Hatemotor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the record.,,,can we just start calling this a
> wednesday podcast,,,it may be recorded tuesday,
> but for the listeners purposes it's a wednesday
> podcast,,,

No shit, bro... We're lucky if it shows up before Rally The Horde does...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 18, 2011 01:39PM

New podcast is up,,,
Attachments:
Crowdfinal.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 18, 2011 01:42PM

Did anybody download this week's BOAD premium epsidoe?

The title is "Vendetta" so maybe it will be worth getting.

Has anybody listened to it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: May 18, 2011 02:00PM

Whenever I see this thread title, I think of this:

logoBigO.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: May 18, 2011 05:18PM

I have lost all interest in downloading rally the horde. Chad turned it into a show that kisses his ass. I think I listened to about half of them but I skipped this week's and I don't think I'll go back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 18, 2011 11:39PM

Yeah, I agree. My interest has seriously gone down but the paid-content this week having the title "Vendetta" intrigued me so I got it.

The gist of it was that Chad was angry because Mason's communications dept asked Oscar to come speak to the undergrads and not Chad. Chad kept reffering to his teacher as a "cunt" for giving him an F in a course that he felt he did not deserve.

This week's episodes were pretty good in my opinion though. I only listened to about half of RTH though.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: May 19, 2011 12:06AM

TheNorthman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I agree. My interest has seriously gone
> down but the paid-content this week having the
> title "Vendetta" intrigued me so I got it.
>
> The gist of it was that Chad was angry because
> Mason's communications dept asked Oscar to come
> speak to the undergrads and not Chad. Chad kept
> reffering to his teacher as a "cunt" for giving
> him an F in a course that he felt he did not
> deserve.
>
> This week's episodes were pretty good in my
> opinion though. I only listened to about half of
> RTH though.


Well I have no interest in that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 24, 2011 11:03PM

New "making the band podcast" up,,,I might listen to it if it's on itunes

Not gonna wait for it to download on the website,,just don't care enough

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: May 25, 2011 01:32AM

The new show is up,,,,The Big Announcement
Attachments:
boad-placeholder.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: May 25, 2011 08:48AM

If the big announcement is band related then who cares?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: May 25, 2011 12:46PM

Agree with the other posts here. Lavar is awful. I've tried to listen to that show over and over, hoping Lavar got better, but he never does. The rare occasion where he actually reveals some nuggets about being a top draft pick or a star in the NFL are interesting, but few. Dukes takes radio seriously, so I am not surprised when he says something about Lavar "ruining" a show. I can only hope Dukes and Drab have a plan.

I've checked out of Rally the Horde. I like the fan opinions, but Zohan is getting a bigger head and the show suffers. If I never heard Sven or Rob Stark on the air ever again, I wouldn't mind one bit. Not anti-gay, just anti Sven's tired act. I appreciate that Dukes likes to include his friends, but come on. Sven is hardly worth the trouble.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TheNorthman ()
Date: May 25, 2011 01:29PM

The big announcement is related to them making an appearance somewhere and doing some stand up act or somthing like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: mr deeez ()
Date: May 25, 2011 01:47PM

TheNorthman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The big announcement is related to them making an
> appearance somewhere and doing some stand up act
> or somthing like that.


They're doing a live show. Big deal!

...

Well, at least they can find 200 people to pay $15 to watch them. That's $3,000 in revenue (minus what they have to give the venue). A lot better than any way Omeara's been able to monetize.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: May 25, 2011 01:57PM

it's at Jammin Java on July 16th

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: TeeJay ()
Date: May 25, 2011 04:19PM

I can't wait for Omeara to try and do a live podcast after seeing how fast BOAD show sold out.

Then have it only sell three tickets....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ClubGetRight ()
Date: May 26, 2011 01:06AM

Great to see they sold out the show! I'm sure they wish it would have been a bigger venue, thats pretty amazing how fast it sold out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Date: May 26, 2011 07:42AM

mr deeez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TheNorthman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The big announcement is related to them making
> an
> > appearance somewhere and doing some stand up
> act
> > or somthing like that.
>
>
> They're doing a live show. Big deal!
>
> ...
>
> Well, at least they can find 200 people to pay $15
> to watch them. That's $3,000 in revenue (minus
> what they have to give the venue). A lot better
> than any way Omeara's been able to monetize.


I don't know how Jammin Java does business, but it's quite possible they aren't charging BOAD anything. Usually the venue pays the artist. It's possibly no money is being exchanged with Jammin Java reaping the benefit at the bar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Pee-you ()
Date: May 26, 2011 07:54AM

Can you imagine what that place is going to smell like during that appearance? Nothing but a congregation of fat, out of work males who havent showered in three days paying homage to a fat, almost out of work Chad Dukes and his shitty podcast.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: ChadIsFat ()
Date: May 26, 2011 08:22AM

Well that is $3000 split 3 ways. Nice.

Maybe a small percentage of the alcohol sales.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 08:26AM by ChadIsFat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Evan ()
Date: May 26, 2011 04:17PM

A fucking appearance is the big announcement. Wow.

Perhaps my definition of "big" differs from Chad's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Big O and Dukes coming back?
Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: May 26, 2011 04:36PM

Jammin Java is a good venue for barely-popular folk/rock acts where a few dozen folks can sit and drink some coffee. The "bar" is barely a bar, and it's run by like two hipsters. The whole PLACE is a hipster hang-out; not really a spot for the BOAD crowd.

What happened with BOAd and Velocity Five? That used to be the stomping ground for that show and its appearances.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 95


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********  **    **   *******   ********  
 **     **  **         **  **   **     **  **     ** 
 **     **  **          ****           **  **     ** 
 **     **  ******       **      *******   ********  
  **   **   **           **            **  **        
   ** **    **           **     **     **  **        
    ***     ********     **      *******   **        
This forum powered by Phorum.