HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Is it my imagination or are most Fairfax County police officers white? (not minority)
Posted by: cluelessjill ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:46PM

Is it my imagination or are most Fairfax County police officers white? (not minority) If I'm not mistaken, this county has really really diverse
population(race/nationality/etc....) However, I've lived here for almost
17 years and I've only seen non-Caucasian officers twice.

Which department at FCPD can provide me with statistics on this? (or perhaps
on their website?

This question popped into my head when I saw that the NYPD publishes this
type of info on their website...

Just curious....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is it my imagination or are most Fairfax County police officers white? (not minority)
Posted by: vip555 ()
Date: June 11, 2007 08:39PM

I think it depends on the district from what I've seen.

Franconia District has a few black/hispanic officers where as West Springfield is mostly all white.

Re: Is it my imagination or are most Fairfax County police officers white? (not minority)
Posted by: ya ()
Date: June 11, 2007 11:15PM

Fairfax City has a few black cops....as far as the Fairfax County Police Department......they draft their players right out of the KKK.

Posted by: JigSAW ()
Date: June 12, 2007 12:11AM

They are mostly white, once in awhile you will see a asian or black cop, but they have to mix it up a little bit.

Posted by: dirtyharry ()
Date: June 12, 2007 03:20AM

Most Nigers don't meet the requirments, no criminal record and a GED.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: June 12, 2007 06:59AM

If you are going to be racist at least spell the epithets correctly... othawize u look duble ignant.

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: June 12, 2007 08:52AM

West Springfield is mostly all white.

The captain of the WS station is african american. There is an african american lieutenant, another african american officer, at least one korean officer, a hispanic officer...and that's obviously not everyone who isn't white there.

Four of the eight station captains are female. Women are still a minority in the police world, as you probably know.

My overall point is, of course there's a lot of white officers on the force, but it's not a complete majority.

I tried finding a breakdown of the force by ethnicity but couldn't find it online. Perhaps the FCPD public information office has the information you're looking for? 703-246-2253

Posted by: gesoffen ()
Date: June 13, 2007 09:13AM

MBF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> West Springfield is mostly all white.
>
> The captain of the WS station is african american.
> There is an african american lieutenant, another
> african american officer, at least one korean
> officer, a hispanic officer...and that's obviously
> not everyone who isn't white there.

If you're being PC, shouldn't that be "korean american" or, more general, "asian american" and "hispanic american". They are Americans, right?

For that matter, could you please refer to caucasians as "european americans" since that is where the overwhelming majority of them have roots. Instead of american indians, "american americans"?! You get my point - were all americans first (well except for those 12million that congress doesn't know what to do with). I don't understand why "african americans" get any special recognition of their ancestors homeland and no other races do. Maybe, some of those "african americans" are really "australian americans" or from other continents all together - "antarctic american"?!

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: June 13, 2007 02:18PM

If you're being PC, shouldn't that be "korean american" or, more general, "asian american" and "hispanic american". They are Americans, right?

For that matter, could you please refer to caucasians as "european americans" since that is where the overwhelming majority of them have roots. Instead of american indians, "american americans"?! You get my point - were all americans first (well except for those 12million that congress doesn't know what to do with). I don't understand why "african americans" get any special recognition of their ancestors homeland and no other races do. Maybe, some of those "african americans" are really "australian americans" or from other continents all together - "antarctic american"?!

I use the terms I used because I've been told by people of those ethnicities that they prefer them. Not because it's "PC."

I don't call white people "caucasian american" because I'm white and refer to white people as "white." The "american indian" people I know prefer to be called "native americans" so if I were referring to them, I'd use that term; as silly as it is, considering I am native to america. But really, who cares? LOL

Posted by: Y2K ()
Date: June 13, 2007 02:31PM

cluelessjill wrote:

Is it my imagination or are most Fairfax County police officers white? (not minority) If I'm not mistaken, this county has really really diverse
population(race/nationality/etc....) However, I've lived here for almost
17 years and I've only seen non-Caucasian officers twice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you care? As long as they are fair, and do there job. I don't think their race should come in to play.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: June 13, 2007 02:52PM

I don't know, but I think most police officers in PG County are white, based on what I see on TV. In fact, they must be the only white people in PG County.

Posted by: whoa ()
Date: June 13, 2007 06:22PM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
> I don't know, but I think most police officers in
> PG County are white, based on what I see on TV. In
> fact, they must be the only white people in PG
> County.

whoa haha

Posted by: lord fairfax ()
Date: June 13, 2007 08:14PM

vip555 Wrote:
> I think it depends on the district from what I've
> seen.
>
> Franconia District has a few black/hispanic
> officers where as West Springfield is mostly all
> white.

hahah i live in the franconia district!!! franconia rules!!!!! i think franconias cheif is a woman

Posted by: JigSAW ()
Date: June 14, 2007 05:07PM

I smell bacon, I smell grease, I smell Fairfax County Police....:)

Posted by: lord fairfax ()
Date: June 14, 2007 07:41PM

oink

Posted by: Y2K ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:57AM

Think of something new. That "pig" joke is old.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 15, 2007 12:59AM

How about "I smell innocent blood, must be a fairfax cop around"?

Posted by: ya ()
Date: June 15, 2007 01:52AM

I like it!

bada boom bada bing!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.