HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone who saw Vanessa Pham's car?
Posted by: DoesntAffectMe ()
Date: November 17, 2011 08:28PM

calling bullshit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> damuri Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think there are posts here that may come back
> to
> > bite some people in the ass one day. You leave
> > indelible evidence when you post shit stuff on
> the
> > internet. Maybe it will never apply to you but
> if
> > you ever try to get a top secret clearance,
> they
> > can and will trace your internet activity based
> on
> > your IP address. Someday perhaps run of the
> mill
> > employers will be able to do the same thing.
> >
> > The sociopathic behaviour would put security
> > clearance out of your reach and the blatant
> racism
> > would put any management position out of your
> > reach.
> >
> > Youtube and facebook are not the only internet
> > activities that can derail your life. You are
> not
> > as anonymous on the internet as you might
> think.
> >
> > There is nothing creative or clever about crass
> > jokes when someone is dead, a clever person
> might
> > be able to pull it off but none of the folks
> > trying it on this board qualify.
>
> the federal government doesn't give a rat's ass
> what you say on the internet as long as it's not
> illegal. nobody's going to get denied anything
> because their investigator or employer saw that
> they wrote a couple tasteless "asians are bad
> drivers" jokes on the internet.

Never affected me - and I post worthless, useless, and racist shit all the time just because I feel like it. It's quite humorous.

I have a TS/SCI with full poly, no issues passing. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone who saw Vanessa Pham's car?
Posted by: damuri ()
Date: November 17, 2011 10:09PM

I think you missed my point. My point isn't that you can't get a security clearance. My point is that you are not as anonymous as you think.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone who saw Vanessa Pham's car?
Posted by: Gunner ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:00AM

calling bullshit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> damuri Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think there are posts here that may come back
> to
> > bite some people in the ass one day. You leave
> > indelible evidence when you post shit stuff on
> the
> > internet. Maybe it will never apply to you but
> if
> > you ever try to get a top secret clearance,
> they
> > can and will trace your internet activity based
> on
> > your IP address. Someday perhaps run of the
> mill
> > employers will be able to do the same thing.
> >
> > The sociopathic behaviour would put security
> > clearance out of your reach and the blatant
> racism
> > would put any management position out of your
> > reach.
> >
> > Youtube and facebook are not the only internet
> > activities that can derail your life. You are
> not
> > as anonymous on the internet as you might
> think.
> >
> > There is nothing creative or clever about crass
> > jokes when someone is dead, a clever person
> might
> > be able to pull it off but none of the folks
> > trying it on this board qualify.
>
> the federal government doesn't give a rat's ass
> what you say on the internet as long as it's not
> illegal. nobody's going to get denied anything
> because their investigator or employer saw that
> they wrote a couple tasteless "asians are bad
> drivers" jokes on the internet.


Don't be so sure of yourself. When people apply for positions in my organization I always do a google search, pull up there facebook page, go back and search again under their aliases, etc. You might be surprised at how many don't get hired because of what they post.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone who saw Vanessa Pham's car?
Posted by: Algeria Hiss ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:03AM

gunner postulated,"Don't be so sure of yourself. When people apply for positions in my organization I always do a google search, pull up there facebook page, go back and search again under their aliases, etc. You might be surprised at how many don't get hired because of what they post"

Has anyone checked up on you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  ********   *******   ********   **        
  **  **   **    **  **     **  **     **  **    **  
   ****        **    **     **  **     **  **    **  
    **        **      ********  ********   **    **  
    **       **             **  **         ********* 
    **       **      **     **  **               **  
    **       **       *******   **               **  
This forum powered by Phorum.