HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
the breezeway motel
Posted by: seth flickenger ()
Date: July 04, 2010 10:48PM

I stopped making mortgage payments on my home in Farcroft and I think I need to be out soon. The Breezeway motel rents by the month and Im thinking of moving in there. Anyone know of a better place for less than 600 a month?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: the breezeway motel
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 04, 2010 11:04PM

The street.

Posted by: whatzit tooya ()
Date: July 04, 2010 11:30PM

Sadly, I have researched my cheap lodging options in the DC metro should I ever lose my job and place too....I have come up with these (most will require you to have a car as public transportation is non-existent or very spotty)....and these are for a max of 2 people...if you have a family to support....Godspeed....

for 1500/mo or 400/wk or less (basically paying rent but the place will be much nicer than a motel...you can cook, etc) -

http://www.valueplace.com/extended-stay-hotels/locations/virginia/Gainesville-VA/

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/sub/1825564460.html
http://www.innsofvirginia.com/

(inns of Virginia in Woodbridge- ad says $315/week)

http://www.suburbanhotels.com/hotel-sterling-virginia-VA486?sid=Ks9u._Gi_tgIekg.1&sarea=&sname=&sstate=&scountry=&sradius=&slat=&slon=&schain=&exp=&scity=&sort=&type=&map=&srp=&amenity=&sstate_country=&city_code=&nadult=2&nchild=0 -surburban extended stay dulles- rates online are high but you can call them and talk them down :)

Now if you just need a roof over your head and need a cheap hotel just to sleep in....breezeway will work. Just keep in mind you can't stay more than 30 days straight, they will make you check out (albeit for a night) to reset the clock.

I can also (sadly) recommend (barely) any of these places that show up on this google search under "nearby places you might like" near/next to VA lodge in Alexandria, VA off route 1 just past the 495 exit headed south. you can get a single room for ~55/night and can probably work out something cheaper with management.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=virginia+lodge+alexandria+va&fb=1&gl=us&hq=virginia+lodge&hnear=Alexandria,+VA&cid=2132146653503586579&dtab=2&ei=fFAxTP6dJYP78Ab7u_HLCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQqgUwAA

granted, no wifi or not even a really modern room but it is a roof over the head with a crappy fridge/micro to just have a cheap place to sleep until you can find something nicer....

I have not looked further south in VA (don't know your transportation situation) but I am sure you can find a decent days inn, motel 6, etc to stay in for ~60 a night if you are able/willing to drive a bit. I would, frankly.

Good luck in whatever you end up doing and God Bless.

Posted by: whatzit tooya ()
Date: July 04, 2010 11:42PM

Wanted to add...the only way you will get a place for 600/ MONTH is to rent a room from someone or get a studio apartment out Prince william county, VA or further. What i listed are only temporary cheap measures to give you a few days/weeks to regroup. In the long run, it is ALWAYS cheaper to get an apartment.

the cheapest room w/tax- 60/night *30 days= $1,800/month!!!

lease a cheap studio apartment (say, $750/mo) with a 1 mo. security deposit= 1500 upfront, yes but if you break it down by the day you're only paying $25/night. AND you have your complete privacy....and a parking space...and a good month to get all the money together...plus with VA eviction laws and the way the courts are backed up....say you don't pay july's rent....by the time they formally evict you it will be mid august....keep that in mind...not being dishonest...but factual.

So DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER to get another place! Hint- if you are gunning for a studio or 1 bedroom and you have kids, apply and do all paperwork ALONE, NOT EVEN with your spouse. If the kids get found out about later, they were there for "visitation" and they cannot evict a child. If they DO try to evict you law is on your side and you have another 30 or so days to find another place.

Hope all this helps you! Or anyone, for that matter! It's hard out here for anyone!

Posted by: whocares ()
Date: July 05, 2010 01:03AM

How long has it been since you stopped making mortgage payments? A lot of banks are letting people stay in their houses for up to two years. Also the bank will give you up to $4,000 (mover's assistance money) for leaving your home in "broom-swept" condition. There's also a chance that they'll let you rent the home you're currently living in for a low price. So many options till you get your finances straight!!

Posted by: oneothersoption ()
Date: July 06, 2010 06:11AM

If you do extendedstay, some for same prive have breakfast and weekly barbques. That would be some free food for you. There is also county assistance. Good luck. There is also places to leave by airport and pepsi place in chantilly. house are really cheap like trailers but for sale. and might be step down, but place to live with good roof. some smell, but i cannot image they are worse than breezeway. you might be able to find other families to live with so you can cut rent in half.

Posted by: Cheryl ()
Date: August 31, 2014 12:01PM

Looking for a place for a friend I know to stay really cheap temporary or permanent so he does not become homeless on Sept 1, 2014. He is new to the area and looking for a job but without an address he can't get that either right now. Has a place he is working on but will not know if he gets it until the first week of September. Does anyone know where he could stay for about a week unless someone knows something that is more permanent. Any help for him would greatly be appreciated!!!

Posted by: North ()
Date: August 31, 2014 01:07PM

Wolf trap Motel in Vienna?

Posted by: NVRPA ()
Date: August 31, 2014 01:46PM

Cheryl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking for a place for a friend I know to stay
> really cheap temporary or permanent so he does not
> become homeless on Sept 1, 2014. He is new to the
> area and looking for a job but without an address
> he can't get that either right now. Has a place
> he is working on but will not know if he gets it
> until the first week of September. Does anyone
> know where he could stay for about a week unless
> someone knows something that is more permanent.
> Any help for him would greatly be appreciated!!!

Bull run regional park has camping cabins. Just a bed, chair and a swing on the porch but they have A-C and just a short walk to the bath house.

Posted by: tbKeD ()
Date: August 31, 2014 05:19PM

seth flickenger Wrote:
> I stopped making mortgage payments on my home in
> Farcroft and I think I need to be out soon. The
> Breezeway motel rents by the month and Im thinking
> of moving in there. Anyone know of a better place
> for less than 600 a month?

Are you doing what you can to actually deal with the house? Renegotiate the mortgage, get roommates, short sale, bankruptcy, etc.? Just walking away will cause you problems for years, and under some circumstances the lender might still be able to come after you for the deficiency.

Posted by: pkYmF ()
Date: August 31, 2014 05:37PM

$600 a month is $20 a night. What motel, even the worst fleabag, charges anywhere close to that? Your best bet, especially on short notice, might be to rent a room in somebody's house or apartment.

Posted by: mYKXk ()
Date: August 31, 2014 05:41PM

seth flickenger Wrote:

Check Backpage for roommates wanted.

Posted by: imbiker ()
Date: August 31, 2014 06:00PM

I think the people from the Lamb Center are staking out claim to the covered stoop at the closed Cinnabon. Probably free if you get there qickly and grab a spot.

Posted by: wk3CX ()
Date: August 31, 2014 06:13PM

seth flickenger Wrote:

I don't know where you can live, but you better rent a P.O. box now to forward your mail to. You don't want important mail -- maybe about your house -- getting sent back for no forwarding address.

Posted by: Livin in a van ()
Date: August 31, 2014 06:27PM

seth flickenger Wrote:

Buy a van and live down by the river.

Posted by: YDJnP ()
Date: August 31, 2014 07:57PM

where do they put the cameras and foreigners runnign "security cameras" that ussc rules as "legal" ?

what would you do if you had some high up job (your lucky and smart or more likely your family or bribed in) ? and these foreigners used the footage to threaten your job ? (a) for money (b) just because they hate america

you'd have to pay me to even sleep in front of a security camera

Posted by: 3eTwj ()
Date: September 01, 2014 05:48AM

FOr $20 a night, best you can do is rent a room from someone.

Even the shittiest hotel around here is 60 a night. And I'm talking route-one-virginia-lodge shitty.

Jump on craigslist and rent a room! OR find the shittiest apartment you can (melrose in quantico va is the cheapest in northern VA @730/month) and come up with the security and deal!

YOU WILL NEED A CAR!!! I'd rather sleep in my $1000 hoopty and be mobile....

Posted by: forum doctor ()
Date: September 01, 2014 05:57AM

wk3CX Wrote:
> seth flickenger Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I stopped making mortgage payments on my home
> in
> > Farcroft and I think I need to be out soon. The
> > Breezeway motel rents by the month and Im
> thinking
> > of moving in there. Anyone know of a better
> place
> > for less than 600 a month?
>
> I don't know where you can live, but you better
> rent a P.O. box now to forward your mail to. You
> don't want important mail -- maybe about your
> house -- getting sent back for no forwarding
> address.

Yo dumbass, You are trying to respond to a post that is like 4 years old.

Posted by: mattdcdcd ()
Date: January 26, 2016 08:42AM

hahahahah

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.