HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
where to see fireworks
Posted by: jay jasic ()
Date: July 04, 2010 09:52AM

New to area? Any good place to see fireworks tonight around Chantilly, Centreville, Fairfax?

Thanks

JJ

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: where to see fireworks
Posted by: fireworks ()
Date: July 04, 2010 01:16PM

Fairfax High School

3500 Old Lee Hwy.
Fairfax, VA 703-385-7949

Independence Day Parade starts at in the Downtown Fairfax Historic District at10 a.m. and runs till noon, rain or shine. Old-Fashioned Fireman's Day starts at 12:30 p.m. and will feature a firefighter competition as well as food, beverages and games at 4081 University Drive. The evening show & fireworks will begin at approximately 7 p.m. at Fairfax High School, and will run until 10:30 p.m.

Rain date: July 5 - for fireworks only

http://www.fairfaxva.gov/specialEvents/IDC/IDC.asp

Herndon Community Center

814 Ferndale Ave.
Herndon, VA 703-435-6800

Free family-fun event featuring games, races, arts & craft activities, bounce houses, small rides, bingo and more start at 6:30 p.m. and fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.

http://www.herndon-va.gov/Content/Parks_rec/Special_events/4th_of_July_Celebration.aspx?cnlid=385

Posted by: breaking news ()
Date: July 04, 2010 01:51PM

FAIL....That was yesterday!

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 04, 2010 02:13PM

The Lake Fairfax show near Reston & Rt 7 is regarded as one of the best in Northern Virginia. It is jam packed and parking is often full by noon. People park and tailgate on the miles of roads that lead to park. You'll see cars all over the place.

EDIT: It appeared tonight that cars were being parked inside the park right until the start of the fireworks. As I walked out I timed the cars leaving, about one every 5 seconds. I estimated it would take all the cars about 1 hour and 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. I parked outside of the park and was gone in about two minutes. There maybe a back way out of the park open after the fireworks.

The Fairfax County Park Authority has fun in mind for this Fourth of July! At Lake Fairfax Park in Reston the fun begins at 10 a.m. Visitors can picnic in the park, ride a horse on the antique carousel, travel around the lake on a paddle boat or take a leisurely ride on the tour boat. The marina and carousel will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Water Mine Family Swimmin’ Hole will be open at 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. and at noon, 2 and 4 p.m. you can sponsor a duck and participate in the Park Foundation’s Toy Duck Races celebrating the Park Authority’s 60th anniversary. Vendors will offer a variety of food for purchase throughout the celebration, and children will find a moonbounce and other amusements. Fireworks begin at approximately 9:15 p.m. Celebrants are encouraged to come early as parking is limited.

Lake Fairfax Park is located at 1400 Lake Fairfax Drive in Reston. For more information contact Lake Fairfax Park at 703-471-5415.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2010 01:43AM by Lurker..

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: July 05, 2010 01:39AM

-
Attachments:
fireworks23.jpg
cars.jpg

Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: July 05, 2010 02:03AM

Ventured out to the Manassas/Manassas Park area on the 4th of July. Specifically parking lot of Walmart on Liberia Ave. You can see the fireworks from both Manassas and Manassas Park at same time. I'd say the Manassas fireworks were far more colorful than the Fairfax City show which I witnessed from 5th floor apartment in the Fairfax City area on July 3rd.

Posted by: nice ()
Date: June 30, 2016 03:15AM

wally pip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ventured out to the Manassas/Manassas Park area on
> the 4th of July. Specifically parking lot of
> Walmart on Liberia Ave. You can see the fireworks
> from both Manassas and Manassas Park at same time.
> I'd say the Manassas fireworks were far more
> colorful than the Fairfax City show which I
> witnessed from 5th floor apartment in the Fairfax
> City area on July 3rd.

nice.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.